You now remember (if you're not a zoomer) when the CL had 2 group stages. That was kino and needs to come back

You now remember (if you're not a zoomer) when the CL had 2 group stages. That was kino and needs to come back.

Attached: 1481308091_125984_1481308449_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 58K)

I honestly don't. The first CL I remember was the 2003/04 one

That campaign always gave me high expectations

Attached: 1536856778256.png (690x684, 763K)

no it was terribly drawn out. knock out stages are much better and way more exciting

Now that one league can send 5 teams it ain't coming back mate.

I remember Newcastle getting through to the second group stage, and Shola Ameobi scored at the nou camp.

>you now remember when champions league only had champions in it

this
based rosenborg, grasshoppers zurich, brondby, widzew lodz and the lads

You now remember Boavista

Attached: 2002cl.jpg (705x661, 150K)

I now remember Newcastle :)

Attached: 2003cl.jpg (631x569, 133K)

>You now remember Basel in the CL

Nah the current format is near perfect.

That was one of my favorite CL seasons, along with the one where Deportivo trashed Milan 4-1.

Attached: 2004cl.jpg (677x425, 66K)

based portobro

Monaco had it easy honestly.

>beat real galacticos
>easy

>you now remember Deportivo in the CL

Was that the season where Newcastle had 0 points after 3 games in the first group stage but won the last 3 games and still went through?

t. farsa fag

Same here, my first CL memories are from 2003
Still remember when Juve BTFO us 7-0, fucking hate these faggots. Also knocked us out in the quarters in 1999 with a last minute goal

How times have changed, only 3 out of those 16 teams are still considered elite now

Should be a full knock out competition. 1 draw at the start. Top 24 coefficient teams get seeded. That way, most shitty teams get knocked out. Complacent big bois also get embarrassed. Can ensure that the best match ups happen in the latter tournament.

If some fag complains hurr durr less games less money, just turn everything past round of 16 into a 3-4 game series.

Galacticos won nothing and lost Copa final in Bernabeu against Depor

Now compare it to Manchester United, Juninho's Lyon, Juventus, Milan and peak Deportivo. Massive difference in brackets.

That year was weird as fuck though. Greece won the yuros, and it's versus Poortugal in the final.

FUCK Tim Howard

>never lost to them in 4 games
good memories

Yeah, it was unbelievable to watch that.

Yeah my Newcastle supporting French teacher spent an entire lesson drawing diagrams of Bellamy's winner.

best olympiakus moment was molde m8

You now remember Gaizka Mendieta

lol basé

i don't underestimate porto, i actually say that for a small team like monaco it wasn't an ezsy road like you try to imply

I liked it too when the table was fixed and we didn't have a draw at each round to allow Real to get the EZ road
I liked it when only the champions were competing instead of a pseudo European league.
Maybe it should become a European top league since everybody's waiting all-year for the CL's knock-out rounds and domestic leagues don't matter anymore...