Rangers
Ross County
St Johnstone
St Mirren
Sunderland

>more clubs capable of challenging for the title
>about the same travelling for English clubs compared to constant London games
>get rid of the stupid split

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png (2000x1200, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/17/james-mcfadden-labels-kris-boyd-coin-throwing-incident-as-disgus/
bbc.com/sport/football/47404999
bbc.com/sport/football/47430873
twitter.com/RossAGibson/status/1104120657149919238
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rugby

Why are Heed in the Premier League? Might as well stick Blyth in the Championship and Ashington /Bedlington in League 1 and 2.

FUCK OFF NORF

based norf poster

>NEW Scottish Championship
Alloa Athletic
Arbroath
Ashington
Ayr
Barrow
Bedlington Terriers
Blyth Spartans
East Fife
Falkirk
Forfar
Greenock Morton
Kendal Town
Montrose
Morpeth Town
Partick Thistle
Penrith
Queen of the Souf
Raith Rovers
South Shields
Workington

Then the feeder leagues below that are regional. Scottish League Two is roughly as strong as the English Northern League.

If we're being unironic I'd put Gateshead in League 1 and Blyth/Workington and MAYBE Shields in League 2. Morpeth aren't too far away but Ashington/Bedlington are so far behind even the Conference North. At that point you might as well start adding in Newcastle Town, Blyth Town or even Northumbria Uni.

>no ayr

>poor little Scotland trying to feel relevant

Why the fuck are you so obsessed with putting us down at every single given opportunity. Seriously, just why?

I like it but no English league team is going to give up the sky monies to come to this dump. Only two teams in Scotland can actually sell out their stadiums. Games dying/dead.

Did you know that before the influx of Irish, Polish and Italian immigrants, nobody wanted Unionism more than the Scots?

I just find your obsessive nationalism adorable.

I think you're overestimating the quality of the Scottish lower leagues. With their current players, Berwick Rangers would struggle in Northern League 2. There are only a couple dozen professional clubs in Scotland, League One and Two are very weak and teams like South Shields and Morpeth Town would unironically be fighting for promotion to the (current) Scottish Championship.

Nobody's talking about independence you're the one dragging that shit in here.

It should go down to 10 or 8 teams and the two Dundee teams should merge. Making it bigger is just dumb.

Berwick's kids play in the same cup competitions as my old amateur youth team and iirc their kids are pretty much the top dogs. Think you're overestimating how good teams below the Conference North are

Then why can't I walk five meters without seeing a saltire or listen to any local act without them breaking into a patriotic song?

The Old Firm scum need to join a 'European Super League' and then the rest of the clubs can be absorbed into a British League.

Still wouldn't solve the problem of all the shit teams with shit fans not attending games.

Berwick Reserves play in the Scottish Reserve League 2 and Berwick Colts are midtable in Border Amateur League B, which is similar in strength to the Northern Alliance 2nd division at best.

Or are you talking about literal children?

Talking about this thread in Yea Forums you want to talk about separatists and unionists go back to /pol/.

Clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. would likely settle around Championship/League One level, which is much better money and a bit better quality.

There should only be a British League.

Championship no chance league one religation candidates at best.

Mon eh well

Literal kids. My U15 team went to Berwick in a cup game once, longest fucking away trip

Currently yeah, but once the English money starts flowing they definitely have fanbases comparable in size to lower Championship sides

You can still fly the saltire without wanting Scotland to be independent brainlet. Look at all the saltines at rangers games, do you think they want independence. Look at all the Northern Irish waving their flag, do you think they want independence? Look at all the English flying the St George’s cross, do they want independence. Scots who fly the saltire and sing those songs are just expressing pride in being Scottish - this doesn’t automatically make them raving SNP voting anglophobes.

Also, if you don’t like it up here: you know where the door is

Haha ah right, probably going to be snapped up by clubs like Alnwick and Spittal Rovers in the Alliance.

The thread is about Scotland's obsession with England.

None of those English clubs will join a Scottish league because there is no prestige or credibility in Scotland. None of those Scottish clubs will join a British league because they are be drawfed and absorbed.

This thread could only be done by invoking English relevance and even then, it is a stupid idea for both /pol/ and Yea Forums reasons.

They'd have to rise through the leagues and I doubt they could also you overestimate their fan bases they can't even dream of getting 20,000 to a match or even a cup final.

This thread is about expanding the SPL smooth brain, not Scotland's obsession with England.

There's obsession in this thread and it's coming from you.

>Look at all the English flying the St George’s cross

Where?

I don't know what you imagine England to be like but flags aren't as ubiquitous like they are in Scotland.

Furthermore, whatever patriotism that exists in England is about (outdated) English supremacy. The patriotism in Scotland is for the most part related to the fucking English.

Even your national anthem is about us!

just a fun thread pal, as a Newcastle fan I'm against the idea but it's fun to think about

don't they desperately try to make a new scottish league every 5 years anyway?

Fair enough. An interesting experiment would be instead of English U21 sides, inviting Scottish teams to compete in the EFL Trophy (rebranded of course).

God save the queen has an "unsung" verse about Scotland.

Why are scottish people such whingers?

Thats a nice idea or even just a British cup to replace the meaningless league Cup and carabaro Cup.

Yeah, but they are forever cucked by the TV companies who want as many Old Firm matches as possible. The only way they'd be able to restructure to a proper sized league without a split is if there were a few more clubs with proper financial backing. Wouldn't even take a billionaire to bankroll a club to challenge for the title, but the reward just isn't there at the moment for investors to try.

As a fan of a Norf club, travelling to play against Scottish clubs would be more convenient. Souf lads would be fucked though unless they got a plane.

No-one wants Rangers and Celtic in the PL, and J-cks should forget their wet dreams about the PL merging with their league. NEXT

I'm all for an expanded league with two games against each other this 12 team 4 times a season pish should end sick of seeing the same teams over and over again. Also the relegation system is a complete farse 3 up 3 down a play off for 3rd if you want end of.

Does anyone in Scotland cares about any club that isn't Rangers and Celtic?

new cup then? something similar to the Scottish Challenge Cup

The Old Firm should just form a two team league, the TV execs would be happy and their sectarian autism could be contained in one place.

For the population of Scotland, there's quite a lot of support for other clubs. The 'Junior' Leagues is unique in that it has a good following but is not a part of the football pyramid.

The biggest problem is, the current system of tiny leagues means you play the same clubs over and over and it gets boring as fuck.

>British Cup
YES! The League Cup is a second rate competition anyway, may as well make it interesting by throwing in 42 Scottish teams.

Of course others care but they're completely dwarfed by the old firm even in places with teams there's probably more old firm fans there. It's not helped with 15,000+ stadiums for some teams when they at best get 10,000 and thats when they play the old firm and sell two of their stands to them. Others stubbornly would rather see empty seats in these games in spite of themselves. The fan bases they have just dont attend games. Hibs cut old firm allocations at the start of the season thinking their fans would take the tickets they had to reverse that decision past Christmas. Aberdeen give 2000 seats while their stands are half empty. Its a case of their fans are as good as their teams.

>their sectarian autism could be contained in one place
There’s not one team in Scotland that doesn’t have some levels of sectarianism

In every single video I watch about Rangers’ away friendlies in England, half the comments are supporters of English clubs wishing we could join the English league system

At nowhere NEAR the levels of the Old Firm though and a lot of it is caused by Weegees turning up to other teams' games just to cause trouble. 99% of Scottish football's problems would be solved if Celtic and Rangers (along with their 'fans') were erased.

This everywhere you go it's hun this fenian that it's just cause there's only 3000 of them that nobody cares.

Any time Rangers (or Celtic) cross the border they smash up their host's city and glass local children. The only reason people say that they want Rangers in England is because they're being polite and know it could never happen. Like meeting someone on holiday and telling them you'd love them to come visit.

Meanwhile look at hibs 'fans' this past fortnight. The problem goes far beyond the old firm. Financially speaking erase them and the entire game up there would die old firm games are literally the only games we'll watch and that's only because they are on at 12 before actual football.

>putting fans in quotation marks
You know fine well the old firm has the best support in the UK, and the top ten within western Europe

English plastics are confused why we don't spend a third of the game in queue for a pizza, don't wear half and half scarves, and why we don't watch the game through a phone screen

The same people who probably want a British national team no doubt. The Scottish league has existed independently for 100+ years, only gutless cunts would want to throw it away to satisfy their curiousity.

The half and half scarf mob need to be eradicated. The amount of chinks and pakis with them on is disgusting. Even Liverpool and Man U half scarfs what the fuck? If I ever seen a cunt selling an old firm half and half I'd punch him.

wow you're hard

prefer hats pal?

Attached: file.png (1443x746, 1.75M)

Its not about acting hard its the principle. Still not like a yank from plastic central would understand.

Jesus, the English are pathetic

>chinks and pakis
Jsut say English

Chelsea? Ha bet that was a top seller. Who the hell makes these?

imagine getting mad because a scarf is blue and green instead of just blue

Engpakis

Friendly reminder that Scotland was offered independence and said no. Tears!

I meant the ones who 'support' one of the two clubs just to start a fight and don't give a shit about what happens on the pitch.

Imagine buying a Man City/Chelsea scarf because you went to a game on holiday but you're actually a Man U, Barcalona Buyern fan. Ie a yank.

>beg to join a union with England because you bankrupted yourself trying to start your own colonies
>beg to join the English league because you bankrupted yourself by being shit at football

For how much pride Scots believe they have it's rather amusing.

Is it the 90s still or something

No one supports either team purely to start a fight. That’s hibs supporters

REEEEEEE SCARF WRONG COLOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

American 'banter' don't you have a national anthem to kneel to? Or some niggerball players dick to ride?

What's with Scottish fans and throwing coins at players/managers?

hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/17/james-mcfadden-labels-kris-boyd-coin-throwing-incident-as-disgus/

bbc.com/sport/football/47404999

bbc.com/sport/football/47430873

>invited teams like Gap Connah's Quay and Total Network Solutions FC get to the latter stages of the Irn Bru Cup for Scottish non-Prem teams

Lmao

Attached: Screenshot_20190309-191507_Chrome.jpg (1049x505, 57K)

>If I ever seen a cunt selling an old firm half and half I'd punch him.

Attached: 3P2tRcv.jpg (500x587, 30K)

>mfw an engpaki was plastic near me

Attached: 96AC1D2C-F20F-425F-A79C-88835E4EDAB5.jpg (384x329, 28K)

Been a big thing this season and for the most part it isn't just old firm fans coining the refs. For all those that say the old firms the main problem they're proving themselves wrong.

You shouldn't post yourself on Yea Forums lad. It's in the rules.

Aye pal it's those English bastards

Attached: file.png (281x500, 334K)

>If I ever seen a cunt selling an old firm half and half I'd punch him.

Attached: 1535653215455.jpg (500x500, 60K)

Or your pets

This, but unironically.

i wish i had a dog

Thats just celtics unquenchable desire to be loved by everyone. Sad really.

>European Cup
>2004
and I thought Liverpool got high on the past.

Attached: file.png (225x168, 73K)

>what is rangers-hsv
>what is rangers-espanyol
>what is rangers-hearts
>what is rangers-linfield
>what is rangers-chelsea
>what is rangers-liverpool
>what is rangers-juve
>what is rangers-ajax

Only give a fuck about linfeild on that list also you made some of them up.

>Scottish Cup 2014
fuck don't remind me

Big seller among the 6000 who attended.

Huns claim to be frens with juve and ajax all the time. Had one of my hun friends praising ajax on his snapchat story after they beat real

need this scarf desu up the Progres

Attached: file.png (990x420, 938K)

I double checked user's claims and they check out

Attached: file.png (400x300, 251K)

Ajax maybe because when they played the fenians they had good banter but never heard of Rangers-Juve

Meant for

The true non-plastic fans are German

Attached: file.png (620x387, 469K)

Most of these are correct, but
>juve
>ajax
>HEARTS
Fuck jambo scum WATP

Seen alot of gordies at games here you'll always here a few in the pubs at match day not sure why. Can't say that makes me a Newcastle fan but I wish them well I guess.

Goes well with the Lincoln Red Imps

Probably because Glasgow and Newcastle are kinda similar poor cities and Rangers are the ones that don't hate the English. Lot of Geordie expats up that way too iirc, and the cunt Sky have on the Newcastle beat is from there

>WATP
>HH
What are these acronyms for?
t. curious welshman

twitter.com/RossAGibson/status/1104120657149919238

Was it banter?

Hail Hail- Celtic
We Are The People- Rangers

What do they mean by this?

They're both songs

Hey Scots bros confused Brit here, what does IRA mean?

Why are English always so insecure towards Scotland and Scotts? Eastern euro here

WHEN I WAS YOUNG

other way around m8.

Scotland annexed England. Why do they play in separate leagues at all?

Yeah invading the pitch and attacking players is just 'over exuberance'. No hibs junkies are trash.

Home nations associations formed at roughly the same time to compete with one another before there was anyone else. That's why there is not team GB in the world cup but team GB in the Olympics. Even though Swansea and Cardiff play in England the Welsh still have their own league.

Scotland is too small for a 20 team league to be a good idea

I disagree there's at least 5 teams currently in the championship who are up there with the dregs of the spfl. The other 3 would be relegation fodder but it's a chance for more teams to compete for the incredibly small pie of tv revenue that hasn't already been eaten by the old firm. Also they'd benefit from a home game against them and have great all be it away fan attendence. But the rest of the spfl teams like having those games at least twice a season and don't want to give it up.

Nah you see outside of probably 8 teams 90% of the season would be meaningless the few at the top will be way ahead and the yoyo clubs way behind, attendance would crater for that band of clubs where theh know they cant compege to win it and aeent bad enough to worry about getting relegated

But that's every league there are mid table institutions in the epl. There's always going to be a mid table. This 12 team 4 times with 1 team down but maybe 2 system is bull designed to keep teams in the top league without merit.

Nah you see England has 20x the population and 10000000x the TV audience so its not comparable you brainlet

Plus there isn't a huge gap between promoted teams and the mid table teams like there would be in a 20 team Scottish League

The money isn't the issue of course England is aways going to be far more it its never a competition but that doesn't mean a 20 team league 3 up 3 down wouldn't be better than the current system with its retarded relegation system and top/bottom 6 split. It's a fucking joke. Plenty of small countries have 20 team leagues and do just fine.

Countries with similar populations all have small leagues for these reasons

disagree with the OP, but the SPL is entertaining and this year's probably been it's most entertaining league for years
even if the standard's not great it's not as bad as it's made out to be at times, plus the old firm and edinburgh derbies can be pure kino
t. englander

*plays in the wrong country's league*
What's their master plan lads?

Attached: download (8).jpg (200x207, 11K)

>Berwick is famous for its hesitation over whether it is part of Scotland or England.[48] Some people are adamant they are English and their loyalty lies with Northumberland. Others feel an affinity to Scotland with its free prescriptions.[49]

wew the state of scotjunkies

>Ireland bantering about borders

Attached: banterstops.jpg (602x709, 48K)

I was on about the free prescriptions you mongo

Lighten up lad

based

cos it makes you mad

>Even your national anthem is about us!
tbf we've got a verse about the jocks but we're not allowed to sing it these days

>British cup
based crowd trouble

>"It's just a game user. Why are you upset about it?"
absolute state of americasuals

I HAD NAE SENSE

AH BOUGHT A FLUTE

FAH 50 PENCE

THE ONLY CHUNE

>55
THAT AH COULD PLAY

WAS FUCK THE POPE

AND THE IRA

fpbp

Mon the Ton.
I swear down if I see any of you supporting Alloa I will tap dance on top of your head to the tune of Gwen Stefani.

They need to segregate the league between Cathoilc and Protestant teams

Catholic SPL
Celtic
Hibernian

Protestant SPL
Every other Scottish club

Why?

>thinking that will solve the sectarian issue