Is this even a big deal? Any 1300 ELO player could've spotted this move in a puzzle

Is this even a big deal? Any 1300 ELO player could've spotted this move in a puzzle.

Attached: 161201_GAME_Carlsen2real.png.CROP.original-original.png (510x510, 41K)

This is the karjakin game right?

And it wasn't this tactic that is incredible it was setting it up you retard

I played chess on easy one time and lost 50 matches in a row.

Finding it there isn't impressive, it just makes good headlines, but getting that set-up against one of the more resilient defenders is good work by him.

No shame in that. Just git gud and keep playing.

i had sign up for chess.com once and only played 30 minute matches because blitz/3 min was too fucking fast for me. needless to say, i think i didnt win a single game and quit eventually.

People irl that you would play in your peers make way more mistakes and the game is way less har than even normal or easy AI i would say

How are human matches of games that have been essentially solved by AI / neural nets interesting to watch?

>dude who can think the most moves ahead lmao xD

meanwhile the toppest of top pros will get their shit pushed in by AlphaZero / AlphaGo 100% of the time

>chess.com
Like a lot of games online, you're up against autists with far more time on their hands than you using computer assistance. I've usually get crushed there, irl I beat most people I play

It's fun to see what the players can come up with. The fact that AlphaZero could come up with better moves doesn't take away from the excitement in competition between humans or admiring their excellence at the game.

>using computer assistance
This is some mega brainlet cope

>board games
>a """"""""""""""""""sport"""""""""""""""""""

no wonder why breakdancing will be in the olympics

>why are there 100m races when a car can easily beat them

you are missing the point m8

looks to me like the pawn will eat the queen not a very good move desu

t. chess pro

then rook on f5 takes pawn on f7

t. 800 elo

because you can see which human is the best. same thing with most other sports, it's why you watch.

NO!
C8 Rook to H8 because now the king can’t take it and the pawn on h5 takes the king of it tries to get away from the rook

Won't black win the moment they are out of check by moving the their castle to A1?

no

that's if he takes the queen with the king

>take queen with pawn
Rf7 checkmate

>take queen with king
Rh8 checkmate

because white has a forced checkmate with that queen sacrifice

hmm... what?

Facts sting stuff lds learnt alot about chess today

I do it when I'm losing to maintain my ranking

what am i missing? am i retarded?
Qh6+
gxh6
Rf7+
Kg6
????????

nvm i'm a fucking retard, didn't see Rf7 is actually mate

Chess is boring as fuck. As a board game designer, it's everything that you don't want in a modern abstract strategy board game.

Set-up takes too long. Too many pieces (increases manufacturing costs). Too many rules (larger manuals = more cost). Too many rules that need extensive explanation (more graphics in manual = more cost). Game takes too long. Chance of a stalemate is too high.

The ideal ASBG is over inside of around 100 moves (meaning someone is forced to win), has 10 or fewer pieces each side, has few colors & all of the rules (plus explanations) can be printed somewhere on the box (instead of a manual which is inevitably lost).

Even then, most kids just play Fortnite or whatever is popular on the consoles these days. Either way, you're far better off developing a mobile game that could be converted into a board game if the mobile game becomes popular enough.

chess has 6 unique pieces and the rules are extremely simple, what the fuck are you talking about. Even Life has more complex set of rules than chess.

yes but he's a board game designer so all of his shitty opinions are validated I guess?

He's baiting or legitimately retarded. Either way he's not getting my (You) so take it please

>rules are extremely simple
Try Again.

More importantly, try teaching a kid weened on mobile games to even bother looking at a board game.

As soon as they pick up the smartphone, they put down the board game.

But please, keep lying to yourself. It makes you feel so much better about a game whose demographics continue to skew older and fewer.

Maybe other people here aren't as worried about losing the Fortnite audience as you are. Chess is not complex just because a kid prefers fortnite to it.

Also, online bullet and blitz chess are surprisingly popular among teens. I've worked at high schools and there's surprisingly many kids playing bullet in class and on recess. I doubt they play classical or otb though.

I’m 2000 in blitz I probably would not see this move. Now Under longer time controls maybe, maybe not.

The only thing interesting about chess is seeing how far computers can solve it. Other than that it's a boring game.

Even if you're a pleb you only have two moves available, because you have to check him or lose, and RH8 is clearly shit

Not sports.

Why can't black just kill the queen with his king?

bc rook to h8 is still mate

Elo is not an acronym

It can, but then you just move c8 rook to h8.

Naka streaming

It's an extremely typical pattern found in chess puzzles.

Because it was the last round of tiebreaks for the world championship. All Magnusmug needs to do is play Qg3 and it transfers into an easy winning endgame. However with two minutes on his clock he calculated a nice mate and he gets credit for having balls

>All Magnusmug needs to do is play Qg3 and it transfers into an easy winning endgame.
Uh, Qg3 is a massive blunder and Black checkmates in two after that.

Which game? Chess Titans came free with Windows 7 and I have played it literally thousands of times, with a current win rate of 63% (difficulty = 6/10). I also have a Linux laptop with some other chess game on it, and I have literally never even come close to beating that.

I'm impressed that you have one game played and fifty losses.

I meant Qg3 rather than rc8

>Linux
Ah, you should realize that you were probably playing gnuches, which is a collaborative thing that is designed to be as strong as possible. You can, however, put constraints on it's opening book and pass some other arguments to the program to weaken it, but this must be done manually. Gnuchess is upwards of 2800 elo I believe...