Ski jumping – Team Competition on Holmenkollen

The competition just started. trial round was cancelled due to wind conditions, let's hope everything goes smooth here!

Attached: kamil sochi.jpg (850x592, 92K)

Polášek seems to jump well only in training rounds and team competitions

It's usually never windy here, but today is an exception because it's the most windy day of the year. At best they finish the first round but I doubt it

HOLY SHIT

glad Karl didnt crash there
these are some wild jumps...

also
>hiro

What? I've held Holmenkollen notorious for its bad weather conditions. Consider, for example, last year, the championships in 2011, 2010... But maybe it isn't just the wind, more like the combination of warmer weather, rain and wind.

Zyla had a great jump here, was expecting a lot less.

Now this is death jumping

yeah it's usually more fog and rain desu.

Attached: Holmenkollen2.png (1024x572, 293K)

The wind usually does circle around a lot, though, changing from tail- to headwind and then again to sidewind. I blame the bad old stadium with its huge structure that is bad aerodynamically.

Awesome jump by Pedersen! He could really step up here.

Not looking good at all...

this is great stuff

Attached: cuddle.jpg (1688x3000, 2.19M)

STOP IT NOW! THIS IS MADNESS!

Great jump from Wolny considering how long they had him wait there on the beam... Why could the jury not instead postpone his jump for ten minutes instead of having him get cold there on the beam?

The crowd at Holmenkollen is getting worse every year...

OOOFFF

that was some KINO deathjump right there

What an aggressive jump by Lindvik, nice stuff. Hope he's okay!

One down, more to come...

more poles

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk

yeah this shit is getting canceled
fuck me

hahahahahahaaha this is really deathjumping

deathjump at its best/worst

Cancel this shit seriously

BLOOD
WE HAVE FIRST BLOOD

Oh man...

ow, that face skid

Leyhe looks injured.

if they cancel it now it's an insult to those who jumped already

These are the last pictures we will ever see of Dawid Kubacki.

Rest in peace.

this is even better than seefeld

Kubacki could handle the wind, just enough passiveness in the air, lol. For once it was a good thing.

Anyone caught a webbum? Missed the deathening.

looks like the jury doesn't want anyone to reach the K point now, they probably want to finish this somehow, cancel the 2nd round and call it a day

kubacki back to his old ways of trying to pierce the heavens after the take off

Would be best to have just one round so that this kind of lottery won't distort the Raw Air standings too much.

I wouldn't mind a 2nd round desu.

there will be a 2nd round they just showed stephan leyhe riding up the hill

>that guy with english flag
kek

Noticed the same thing. Damn, I hope he's okay and not going to hurt himself even further, jumping again.

I have things to do....

Wind is supposed to calm down after 1600

MOUSTACHE MAN

hill record, nice

WOAH! A new hill record by three meters... Just superb, here's truly a guy who isn't afraid of the weather conditions and can use the headwind to his benefit!

>johanson lands this easily
nice

well this sure is a reversal of the world cup team competition, eh?

madman ryoyu

jury doesnt give no shits anymore
EMBRACE THE DEATHJUMP

Ryoyu finally found his jump here, great job. Still fighting for those huge Raw Air cash prizes.

takes balls to try a telemark at that distance

Honestly expected Bichi to die in these conditions. Phew.

>Kamil Stoch losing 32 (thirtytwo) meters in one jump against moustache man

absolutely FUN

lol

No no no...

That didn't look like a large mistake, just slightly off balance from the table, but it looks like the wind hit that other ski that couldn't catch the air because of that, and as a result Kamil lost 10 meters of height right after takeoff. What a shame, considering how great Kamil was yesterday. Oh well, hope he'll get a better second jump!

Second round happening?

final round cancelled

CANCELLED!

What a round, what a lottery. Congratulations to Johansson.

Someone on skijumping.pl just said that Holmenkollen is cursed for Kamil, and I'd have to agree – first last year, now this. Kind of reminds me of the updated Zakopane in that. Any other hills that are "cursed" for some jumpers? Some athletes are great everywhere (Prevc, Freund, Kraft, Schlieri), while some definitely can't get their best form on all hills.

that was fun

lets hope leyhe is ok for tomorrow :)

Leyhes crash looked scarily like the one that ended Simi's time at the top...