STOP SUPPPORTING FOREIGN CLUBS

Seriously though, theres nothing wrong with liking certain big teams, but to go as far as calling yourself a supporter or a fan of a certain big foreign club is just insane.
The rule is simple: if the ground of the club you support is not within feasible walking distance (the only exception here are the new grounds built on the edges of big cities) from you then what the actual fuck are you doing.
You can like your manus, chelseas, juventuses and barcas as much as you want but those clubs will never represent anything about you. And dont @ me with "i really idwithfy with their vision/philosphy/whatever" bullshit. As I said, its perfectly okay to feel simpathetic toward any team (club or nation), but its a completely different story when you go out of your way to actually declare yourself as a fan of these teams

Attached: преузимање (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

>if the ground of the club you support is not within feasible walking distance
what a wretched existence

I am a United fan. I own team apparel. I watch most of their league and European games. I plan to go watch one game at Old Trafford someday.

Fuck off, you're not an authority on what makes someone a real fan

I am a United fan. I plan to go watch one game at Old Trafford someday.

If everyone just supported the good teams then the bad teams would die so there has to be reasonable criteria for supporting a team that isn't simply that "they're good". Local team from where you grew up is the natural choice since they would be the team whose matches were the easiest to actually attend/support when you started getting into football

Surprisingly redpilled considering the flag, I may have to change my opinion of Serbs being plastic fans.

based and redpilled

if you're not from the local area, you will never truly get the club you 'support', it is an artificial connection

with you on this mate
fuck plastics

My local city is only 60% white English. it doesn’t represent anything about me either.

>t. 40%er

imagine being a human male calling urself a supporter to a ((foreign)) club

see, if I lived in a country with decent football, I might agree with you

but unfortunately the MLS is literal shit, and English football is miles more entertaining

There was actually no MLS yet when I started watching soccer. OP's just being a prude. Just root for whatever team you like, learn a bit about the history/tradition of the team, don't do overtly bandwagon shit and things will be OK.

MLS is not terrible. From what I've watched, it's around League One level with some genuinely talented players sprinkled on top. The more people get involved in supporting a league, the easier it is for it to grow and become better.

Its going to remain shit as long as people keep bandwagoning foreign teams.

>manus, chelseas, juventuses and barcas
those clubs represent platonic/idealistic forms of a team. that's why they get support from abroad. but you wouldn't understand these concepts blockhead

Are you the Serbian Benfica fan?

>learn a bit about the history/tradition of the team
Why? That's just weird considering you'll never be able to relate to the traditions or feel represented by them, since you're not part of the local community surrounding the club.

If you're going to be a plastic, just go for it. Trying to pretend you're an actual fan is just odd.

>Walking distance
So every Newcastle fan living in Northumberland shouldn't support their local club because they couldn't walk 40 miles?

Why not try? There's more to being a fan than geographic location. It's also a state of mind. You don't have to be insular about it. You can be whatever you want to be.

>if the ground of the club you support is not within feasible walking distance
This criteria only makes sense if you live in a major city in a tiny country.
A better rule of thumb is you shouldn't need a hotel if you go watch your team.

Attached: european-size-vs-america.png (492x263, 70K)

>The rule is simple: if the ground of the club you support is not within feasible walking distance (the only exception here are the new grounds built on the edges of big cities) from you then what the actual fuck are you doing.
>Calgary

Based on your criteria I literally have no option. Even if I had any interest at all in the Macedonian league-tier CanPL the team is renting themselves out into a fucking show jumping field barely within the city limits.

i said dont @ me with that kind of "philosophical" bullshit
>couldn't walk 40 miles
kek thats literally easily doable
okay i overdid it a bit but you get the point

OP is a dumb fag but if you dont root the for a team of your city you are a filthy peasant. FACT.

what about the team my parents support? can't I be happy whenever they're happy when their team scores?

>be 8-10 years old
>support my local shitty team, even start training on their grounds
>my parents took me to watch the games whenever they could
>we suddenly do great for the first time in our state cup and are champions of its first half (retarded rules, i know, don't ask)
>but then the owner of the club sells all the good players, even the young prospects
>literally says to local news "we don't develop players to win cups, we develop them to make a profit"
>my mother got so mad she took me out of training even with the rest of the month paid
>team's popularity crashed
>they were forced to move to a neighbour city

so yeah, not even local teams are forced to be loyal to its fanbase, so I don't see why should I be forced to be loyal to a business just because I live 30mins from their office

based, correct, veracious and redpilled
yes he is you doughnut chomping plastic

>if I lived in a country with decent football
it's actually worse in a country with a decent league. if you're a fan you end up watching 3rd, 4th, 5th tier shitters and get bitter about everything. the only pleasure i get from football is watching big teams fail