Biggest flop you remember from your team

Biggest flop you remember from your team.

>pic related

Was so excited when he signed.
>Already England’s top side
>sign one of the best CMs in the world
>treble is a certainty

He was absolutely fucking shocking. I remember watching him against Bolton and forgetting he was even on the pitch till he took a free kick.

The only thing that slightly made up for this shit show is that for some reason Chelsea signed him

Attached: 7C3EAEE8-6B5E-4162-A741-9F5D92702B5A.jpg (590x350, 36K)

Some old-schoolers may want go back and pick someone from the old days, like Shevchenko, but he was only shit when he was at Chelsea. He scored 127 goals in 208 matches for Milan before making the move.

Some will want to pick Torres, because he was great at Liverpool up until the last 6 months after he had surgery and hopes were so high. You can talk shit about him all you want, but even though he didn't score goals like everyone was expecting, he still gave 100% and was vital in helping to create goals for other players.

Some newfags will want to pick Bakayoko, because when he was on the pitch it was like Chelsea were playing with 10 men. SO many mistakes, bad passing, and horrible decision making, and when he was in a team with Kante and Matic, and Fabregas.. he sure as shit ain't getting much game time anyways. Such a garbage player.

But for me it would have to be Falcao, even though Chelsea only had him on loan for 1/2 a season. He was such a great striker when he was at Atletico, but after he moved to Monaco his life just turned into massive drama and he totally tanked. Then when he had a chance to go to United on loan everything was looking great, but he tanked even worse there. Then Chelsea made the fucking ABSOLUTLY GREATEST DECISION EVER, after seeing him play at the level of a shit academy player for 3 straight years, decided that it would be awesome to pay his ridiculous wages (>$300k/week) to get him on loan for 6 months. Only 10 appearances and only 1 goal, after forking out all those millions of pounds.

I remember Forlan flopping bad at United and he was an amazing striker.

unrememberable

So many players with good technical ability flop at United because they make them play like worker bees desu

That's what happens when you have to play in a real league

El-Hadji Diouf
Houllier signed him (& Salif Diao who was ok for a backup DM, for the price) off the back of a successful world cup for Senegal, where they somehow made it out of the groups and raped France.

Turns out El Hadji was prone to going full feral during matches, spitting at cunts multiple times, spitting at fans, snapping at players who tackled him, having a shitty work ethic at trainings. Generic niggerish stuff. But he did have a moment of brilliance like once or twice per season, but was supposed to be a star signing. Later went to Bolton then Hull, then he retired early I think because nobody wanted to sign him.

After >we sold Torres, we put those shekels in the rotation straight away, Dalglish signing two strikers, basically breaking even in the process. My (and the feberic fan) opinion was as this.
>Andy Carroll la, was meant to be the new Shearer before we poached him, classic 9, tall, good in the air, he'll bang in at least 20 goals a season la and the older he gets, the more experiencr he gets
>Luis Sua-who? 30+ goals in Eredivisie? So is he the new Mateja Kezman? Probably will sell him to someone shit from the bottom half in a year or 2 like Blackburn, Wigan or Man City.
Oy vey :DDD

Definite United flop, but two goals against Liverpool do redeem him a little

True, although I would say this is as much a premiership thing than just a united thing. How many technical players have also flopped at Chelsea or Liverpool. Even city now have starting going down the “pacey wingers with afro’s” route. As exciting as the P.L is it is much more about athleticism and much less technical that La Liga or Serie A

How did you not know about Suarez back then after his handball in the 2010 world cup and also the first biting incident.

Kaka'

do I even need to explain

Diouf was never at Hull. Did you mean Leeds?

>falling for le pirate man meme

Attached: veron+SOY+UN+TRAIDOR.jpg (400x255, 20K)

>Forlan flopping
>Definite United flop
you're both retarded. he was brought as V.Nistelrooy's backup therefore benched by definition for most of the time. how is that a flop?
way different from Shevchenko or Torres, they were brought in as premier strikers and were supposed to be top scorers but failed hard.

We've had a number of them, but the one I remember most was an Argentinian forward named Ivan Gabrich. He was signed when we were still arguably the best team in the world so there were some expectations around him.
He played 10 games before leaving again. At the end of the season Ronald de Boer said "I still don't know if he's right or left footed"

>sign this nigga at top price despite being way past his prime because the team needed someone with "experience" to lead the young'uns
>proceeds to do absolutely nothing and be more cumbersome than helpful
>quietly fire him halfway through the contract
>nigga feels betrayed and succesfully sues the club
>team is cursed to this day

Attached: 26-09-Lucio.jpg (750x350, 172K)

Nah, Forlan was young and competing with the best goal scorer in football. Utd fans still sing Forlan’s name.

Adrian Mutu

>Corinthians wins copalib
>also defeats Chelsea at CWC
>sing that guy from milan
>he's fucking shit
>he can even score a penalty
>fuck him, let's loan him to our rivals, what could go wrong?
>he plays well on their team
I seriously hope this faggot gets fucking murdered

Attached: alexander duck.jpg (652x408, 43K)

Oh shit yeah, got confused with another African player of the year that played for Bolton, Jay-Jay Okocha.
He was humble and had great skill, but signed for Hull because "god told him to". Mind you this was 10+ years ago when they were in div 2 or maybe even lower

Stewart Downing. Everyone knew he was a shit signing at the time too.

i remember being hugely excited for this

Attached: 1536175705202.jpg (740x474, 70K)

Stewart Downing
Charlie Adam
Andy Carroll

The holy trinity of King Kenny.

Kaká

Man those were the days

are you from manchester?
pretty much every united fan I met while in the UK was from nowhere near manchester

How can you pick a United player other than BOSS?

Currently the best meme in football

Attached: 7B54017C-476C-4563-9CC6-94C229EF2097.jpg (768x432, 54K)

I saw the interview with him and Herrera and it kind of made me feel bad for him. Then I remembered he's getting paid so fucking much.

Aliaksandr Hleb, Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Alex Song among others. Barcelona fell for a lot of memes over the years.

>diouf
>never met his father until he got somewhat famous 22 years later
>is a nigger
He was dealt 2 shitty cards in life at once.

His wages were nowhere near as ridiculous as Falcao's but don't forget Chelsea loaned in this bloke at one stage.

Attached: alexandrepato-cropped_q1wjtt2harm11qbm9b4hgs4ee.jpg (1001x563, 56K)

did you go to manchester?

Yes. Manchester is probably about 60/40 United to City. All (both) the city fans seem to come from Stockport.

Valid point. When he scores the winner against Liverpool in the C.L final all will be forgiven and he will be worth every £ of his wages

Michael Owen to anywhere after Liverpool