YASSSSS

>U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Sues U.S. Soccer for Gender Discrimination
nytimes.com/2019/03/08/sports/womens-soccer-team-lawsuit-gender-discrimination.html

Attached: 1546736750860.png (854x679, 722K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
nytimes.com/2016/04/22/sports/soccer/usmnt-uswnt-soccer-equal-pay.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9SBhdAGB3-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Look at the stands behind them.... If you really wanna know why you don't get the same pay as the men.

this is why you don't give women any rights in the first place and whip them if they leave the kitchen

Incels need to be sent to work camps

They'll lose. Hard.

this is the lawsuit version of those Facebook memes that say "like if you believe firefighters and teachers should make more than football players"

Lawyer is an idiot or stealing money, almost certainly the latter

or you just hate women...

>a leaf

wait until they're all replaced with men/trannies

Attached: 3838583.png (1500x3719, 595K)

There will be two types of replies to this OP, and only two:
>1) "Good for them!"
Correct.
>2) "Arrogant dykes! Sports is about demand and nobody wants to see them play! They only draw 50 people a game! Why should they get paid the same as men?"
First of all, they draw way more than that, though I admit that part's a straw man. The rest of it is that the LEAGUE is supposed to drive demand. It is not the job of the consumer to seek out random shit to do. Much like every other league, movie, or website, it is the job of the product to market itself and draw interest. The USWNT and NWSL organizations are not doing that. Hence, the lawsuit.

How many types of replies are there to your post? Please answer them as well, makes my job easier.

The problem is not the national team, they demand Ronaldo's money while playing in their regular clubs. They get fat bonuses from the WMNT but they get 20k tops while playing for whatever shithole city they play. And, that is a problem because women's club soccer draws less than kids playing in a school yard.

But nobody will ever be interested in watching a sport played at the level of 12 year old boys

lol imagine being such a fucking moron

Your money is safe, ronnie. Relax.

Attached: 2019-03-08_20-51-37.jpg (732x207, 81K)

The amount of money the women make should absolutely be based on the amount of revenue being brought in from their games so if you’re suggesting otherwise then you’re stupid. With that being said, I read that the US women’s team actually brought in more revenue than the men’s team yet they still made way less money, which is clearly unfair. So I support what they’re doing if that’s the case because that makes sense.

>the men got 9% from their league's revenue
>the women received 13% percent from their league's revenue
>sue for discrimination
am I missing something? are they retarded?

>I love how the arguments against equal pay are revenue/business-based. While valid, the Women’s team has performed far better than the Men’s team. Let’s drop this stupid argument and pay them what they deserve and worked hard for.
>And have succeeded where the men haven’t.

If you think women should earn more, please donate to them and pay for their matches

No, you aren't. But they are hoping people who are get caught up on the raw numbers, not the percentages which completely torpedo their case.

Friendly reminder
sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

Also, fuck phoneposting.

Question - are you literally brainwashed? Look at ANY sport. More money made = either higher quality players with more $ or more $ for or the org as a whole to pay players. It's so fucking simple.

I don't think they're arrogant dykes but the idea they are oppressed or whatever buzzword they are using is just ridiculous.

These threads serve no purpose other than for Yea Forumserges to be mad together.

this.

you just described the entire website sweatiey

>But nobody will ever be interested in watching a sport played at the level of 12 year old boys
they watch US men's soccer, apparently

>being this much of a brain dead retard
US men vs US women would end 30-0. The women can't even beat 15 year old youth teams

Very true I played for a shitty u15 team in Portland Oregon that scrimmaged the u23 women’s national team and we won 5-1 easily while taking mercy on them after our 5th. I played up top and there were a couple of very physical qt center backs with fat asses. Literally had a boner playing because they were grabbing me so much.

>USWNT get same wage as the USMNT
>Ticket prices for USWNT matches goes up as a result
>Even less peoples go to see them
>USWNT end up after a while getting bankrupt and is disbanded

Attached: 25700A32-9A63-413E-94B2-17B96865EDF4.jpg (409x581, 61K)

>*then the men have to subsidize the women's league like in the WNBA(who coincidently have never raised a fuss like the USWNT has, go figure).

the WNBA should fix the goddamn uniforms already so they can start making money.

Reminder the "WORLD CHAMPION" US women's soccer team lost to a bunch of U15 dallas reserves.

yes they lost to a bunch of 14 yr old boys in their first year of high school. I wasn't even 5'6 at 14, hell I can't even remember if I had pubes then.

Attached: wagegap1.webm (960x540, 2.02M)

Attached: wagegap2.webm (832x468, 2.63M)

Attached: wagegap3.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

"They should markey something that cost more money to advertise campared to revenue pulled in. They tried already btw. Graduate from your local community college before you break down economics like that moron.

Are they genuinely too stupid to understand that footballers earn 90% of their money from CLUB revenue and not national teams? Or are they being willfully ignorant of that fact? Either way, both intl women's games and club games only generate a tiny fraction of the revenue that men's matches do. Sports is entertainment. Entertainment isn't a meritocracy. No one is "owed" anything in entertainment, you're paid based on how much revenue you bring in.

This is problematic it’s 2019 these women should be compensated for playing at a high middle school level

You realise the only reason their ridiculous argument is given credence is because people like you unironically respond this way right?

actually afaik the USWNT players make most/all of their money as an annual salary from the national team, since their clubs have zero revenue.

this hurts the lawsuit because the men get paid mostly by their clubs, with the USMNT just paying them per-game bonuses rather than a full salary.
So the USSF can argue that they're 2 totally different types of employees compensated in 2 totally different ways and thus not comparable (or that the men aren't their employees at all, but just on contract from their clubs)

Interesting case and very high stakes. The women have a pretty strong legal argument but if they win it could be really bad for football in the States. Sinking more money into the women's game could make the USWNT into an unbeatable monster, which would kill the Women's World Cup as an international spectacle. On the flip side, taking money out of elite performance in the men's game isn't going to help getting the USMNT ready for WC2026. (2022 doesn't matter, but a poor performance on home soil would be bad news.)

USSF sets the salary caps in the NWSL, so their lawyers would be fools to argue that it's not USSF's fault that the clubs don't pay female players well enough.

>US Sawker pushes for wimminz soccer hard
>this is how they get repaid
Can't make this shit up.

B2reddit

Saved and reposted

>The League is supposed to drive demand
That's why you burgers will never get into football

Women have the intelligence of an 8 year old kid. Also many of them are fucking fat. Is that Dortmund - Barcelona?

Reminder these problems wouldnt exist if women stayed home and had babies

>should be paid equally for playing in national team
Reasonable
>should be paid equally at club level despite attracting far fewer fans and generating less revenue than mens leagues
Oh no no no.

mad how yanks just spend their lives suing each other

>>should be paid equally for playing in national team
>Reasonable

lol reasonable. what if (and it is true) mens national merchandise sells much more and is more profitable? why should women automatically get as much money?

Serious post: the question of who brings in what revenue is opaque and difficult to answer. For one thing the US national team is sold as a package, so if you want to endorse them or broadcast their games you pay for to do so for both the men's and women's teams together, which confuses things.

US Soccer is also very vague about how TV revenues are counted. Since the US men's team didn't even qualify for the World Cup this year while the women's team are the favorites to win it it's probably true that the women bring in more money however this is probably an aberration. The revenues generated from the men's World Cup dwarf those of the women's Cup to such an extent that it's possible that any team making it out of the group stage is more profitable than the women's champion team. But again, how TV revenues from the cup are distributed is an opaque process.

Tl; dr it's not as crazy as e.g. the WNBA demanding equal salaries to NBA players, but men's soccer, whether measured by viewers, ad revenues or licensing, is so much more profitable than women's soccer on a global scale that even a marginal men's squad like the US is probably more valuable than a top-flight women's squad

Good article on this from the NY Times

nytimes.com/2016/04/22/sports/soccer/usmnt-uswnt-soccer-equal-pay.html

>I read that the US women’s team actually brought in more revenue than the men’s team yet they still made way less money, which is clearly unfair
You were intentionally misled. They made more in one specific year, where they had a WC and the men had almost nothing. Averaged out over 4 years (to allow for both sides to have all their major tournaments) the men make more.

People still watch the browns

Yes their suing on behalf of the men

This is why the mlels will never surpass LigaMemeX lmao

Those hoes need burkas

So what? Are we supposed to be impressed? Lots of people dont have pubes

Why should someone’s salary be averaged out over 4 years?

Post your abs brown bean

They can get paid more in that 1 year they make more then and stop complaining for the other 3

Top zozzle

Kek

Attached: A210AB1B-D519-437B-9CCB-F0509A8B3414.jpg (512x499, 36K)

Why does Yea Forums always post that men are better athletes as if theyre making some profound point relative to the conversation

Some people have bigbrain syndrome and need validation from other bigbrains.

>Since the US men's team didn't even qualify for the World Cup this year while the women's team are the favorites to win it it's probably true that the women bring in more money however this is probably an aberration.
No
WC is 1000x times more watchable than wimen WC even when usa is out

Because the majority of this board is comprised of insecure betas who think theyre being male entitles them to a sense of worth when in fact they are fatter slower and weaker than any D2 female athlete. Seriously remember when rousey was big? Youd have whole threads about how OP could kick her ass when theyd be gassed just from climbing into the ring

But if the us didn’t qualify then even one dollar spent watvhing the women is more than the men lol. 0 isnt really a high bar to beat

Pretty sure it's someone like Lyon.

As far as I know Dortmund either don't have a women's team, or they suck. They make up for it by having semi decent women's teams in other sports like handball

You misunderstand; I mean that here in the US, the women's team is going to be more profitable this year than the men's team because the women's team will probably win the World Cup whereas the men's team didn't even qualify. That's an unusual circumstance though, and the US has very high levels of interest in women's soccer relative to the rest of the world as well

>*then the men have to subsidize the women's league like in the WNBA(who coincidently have never raised a fuss like the USWNT has, go figure).

The WNBA did kick up a fuss and got utterly BTFO.

youtube.com/watch?v=9SBhdAGB3-A

Like women's soccer, they're paid a larger chunk of revenue than the men. But nobody goes to the games so they make fuck all.

In an environment like international football it would be disingenuous to not average it out over 4 years. Otherwise you risk comparing one side's 4 year peak to the other's 4 year low, which is misleading at best, flat out lying at worst

The women get more viewers. They should be paid more than the men. Its simple really

Showing basic facts is lying to you?

Lmao except they don’t get more viewers

It's not basic facts though, is it? It's a very carefully chosen set of facts made to make one side look better in comparison than they actually are.

Yes they do. Google it fag

I guess however you need to spin it to fit your narrative

maybe if they held games in a more conservatively sized venue they would make more money.

The Women should just have a match against the men.
The winner gets more money. :-)

homoeopathological reasoning
I like it, Leaf Boy

I'd pay money to watch women's soccer if they were in lingerie.

Men averaged 30% more per game in 2018.

Why

Are you sure, user?

Attached: custom_style_1_Kerstin_Garefrekes.jpg (680x380, 65K)

Clearly the better team should earn more money.
Higher quality = higher demand, it's simple, really.

If all female footballers were like /sp goddess Hope Solo female football would have way more attention.

All you had to do was google bro. That was too much to ask i guess

If youd have said base it on demand id agree with you. But you didn’t. Because youre a faggot

y-you just proved his point, though

Women had 20% more viewers than men

Hey guess what, you're missing Spanish TV numbers. The only problem is that they don't show women's matches unless it's the wc

good argument, user

is the word "average" too difficult for the average American to grasp?

Less viewers should somehow equal more money is pretty hard to understand, yes

Glad we're on the same page, user.

They also had a lot more matches and most of them weren't official. They average almost 25% lower. Also I guarantee you the buy rate for those ads is abysmal

Let me dumb this down for you. Bill and john work as chairmakers. Bill works 3 days a week and produces 10 chairs a day. John works 4 days a week and produces 9 a day. The company sells all these chairs for $50 apiece. Who brings in more money for the company?

Now you are starting to see the trend with these loonies, gives them a hand and they will took you by the feet

If you can cite that the ad revenue is significantly less than the mens youll have a point. But the ad revenue for both will be shit because nobody gives a fuck about soccer

But that's exactly what you are doing

Bill because he averages more chairs per day

Yeah I can tell you the men bring in more money because they're also on Spanish language television.

8 mins in and this is painful to watch. I knew the WNBA has never been profitable as a whole, but never even reporting the numbers publically? And the players want more money from a league thats had 6 teams fold, 5 move and a major team up for sale(NY Liberty) because the owner is tired of losing money? On that note has the NWSL ever posted their annual numbers publicly either?

Nah, if women truly want to be equal, they shouldn't need propping up.

>has the NWSL ever posted their annual numbers publicly either?
USSF budgets for the NWSL have gone from about half a million to slightly over a million a year. In total, they probably spent more on Klinsmann.

Youre both wrong. The television rights are to both. Its a package deal you cant buy one without the other. You simply buy american soccer ads. Sonif ad revenue is your basis then theyre dead ass equal

Didnt know that

reminder the canadian national women's hockey team (multiple time world and olympic champions) regularly lose to elite boys teams, and it's so self-evident and obvious it's not even a story
most women's sports have so little competitive depth you end up with maybe a few capable players in the entire sport, hence why club play is entirely unwatchable across the board

Women's sports are only ok to watch when the chicks playing are hot.

This is now a qt athlete thread.

Attached: 072_207_T_Kournikova_Anna.jpg (823x1024, 54K)

Too bad most of them are as Gilbert Agent Zero aka Hibachi Arenas said "they are booga wolves" and ain't no one paying to watch that shit.

>it is the job of the product to market itself and draw interest
when the product is gash that causes problems