Memesjkaer exposed

Attached: IMG_3812.jpg (750x896, 81K)

>expected

Attached: images.png (225x225, 6K)

anyone who says current run isn't at least a little lucky is an idiot. even taking that into account though, he's still doing well

>scored far more than expected
>conceded far less than expected
>exposed
>tf
>tp

Utd is overperforming a bit for sure, but even if they slow down it's still decent

>It's possible to outperform Xg forever without it ever reverting to normal

Attached: IMG_3639.png (211x239, 4K)

xG doesn't account for the HEART and SOUl and the WILL to win

>expected
what

i dont get it

Some new pointless stat zoomers came up with.

his team isn't playing as well as results suggest. but in more words

I can't believe Luck is actually real, I mean this is the guy who came in and scored in the last second for a champions league title win and now he's still getting lucky while managing poonited.

>ameristats
soccer isn't that kind of sport

Based animeguy

amerimutt iq
expected: 100
actual iq: 45

>goals scored disproportionate to the amount and quality of chances created during a very short stretch of games
that's not a good thing for a team, the only one that it's good for is a player who can do it consistently since it means he's exceptional at finishing

>Xg
youre asking for this.

Attached: 1542511616158.png (1200x800, 119K)

When are fags gonna learn that De Gay defies ‘xG’ and will continue to do so?

who decided 29.8 was "expected goals".

It is though, everything is. A shot from 10 yards at a square angle is much more likely to go in than a shot from a bad angle at 25 yards, there's no way around that.

Statman Dave

>have clinical, in form, motivated strikers
>score more goals than expected

>have the best goal keeper in the world
>save more shots than expected

It's not difficult to understand

I really, really fucking hope Arselel put an end to Ole Memer

please God

>relying on arsenal to do anything right

Expected for who?
Does each player have a different amount of expectation?
Is the xG the same for every chance the same whether the player is Messi or Joel Matip?

Looks like a huge flaw

only thing arsenal are good at is gay sex

Ole's United have won all their away matches so far.

It's calculated for the average player
So good players/teams tend to outperform their xG, but not by that much like in Utds case

Arsenal just got fucked by french farmers.

Stats dorks btfo
Expected suicides: 4.76

So basically he has an insane amount of luck?

Or stats are wrong

xG can suck a dick
>da team gonna scaw dis many goles coz i sez so and im a genouious
lol, ok poindexter, then why is it wrong?

treating stats as this important leads to decisions of replacing Suarez with Rickie Lambert

Based Ole utterly exposing the incel stat dorks for the frauds that they are.

>expected stats
These are fucking dumb

Ole didn't fall for the "Luck is a dump stat" meme.

Stats are good and fine, the problem is that a lot of people, even pundits and journalists, don't actually understand them.
The classic example being that since stats show that most goals are scored after 3 or less passes, the conclusion is we should play hoofball because it's the lowest possible amount of passes.

they're fine, but they shouldn't be treated like god. there's a million ways you can try to analyse a game and xShit is just one of those

What stats you turbo-poof? Expected goals for/against isn't an empirical stat, they're just randomly generated numbers that an autist on twatter thought up, basing them on nothing.

>Expected goals for/against
I hate that this meme propagated

Attached: autism room.webm (854x480, 2.85M)

You didn't go to uni did you?

>The rentboys of Rennes
Yeah, that's a no from me.

EXPECTED FAGGOTRY

What is .8 of an expected goal?

stupid statsnerd

a chance you'd expect someone to score from about 80% of the time. maybe a shot from 15 yards with no defenders around to block it

>randomly generated numbers
What are you talking about? That stuff comes from thousands of shots taken and recorded from all possible positions on the pitch over decades of data keeping. It's certainly not perfect but it gives you a very good idea of how things are.

If you take 10 shots you're supposed to score 8.

If you love Championship Manager/FM and generic FIFAGGOTRY20XX so much, why even watch actual football, just go there , it gives you a very good idea of how things are, also based on player attributes and shots taken, and also has no meaning in the real world, besides esoteric betting.

But it does have meaning. Otherwise clubs wouldn't use it.

>its bad when teams score more
ABUism is a mental disorder

Clubs use everything at their disposal, from actively useful ranging from such as in-depth videos of every player of next week's opponent and actively controlling their players' caloric intake and muscle mass/body fat to the .5% to random cringe shit like Yoga instructors, team astrologers and having a "scouting team'' of in-house retard zoomers who send recommendations for signings based on FIFA20xx stats and Youtube best of compilations.
I'm not saying it's 100% useless, just that no manager worth his salt would spend more than a quick glance on an 'xG/xA' table and actually pay serious mind to it, (and if one does, he should be fired, chased out of the town/city, tarred and feathered and mocked by everyone).

They pull these numbers out of a hat. Who would know better?

There are lies, damn lies, then there are statistics

sure but xG

1) doesn't account for context - who is taking the shot against who - Ronaldo shooting at Joe Hart has the same value as Welbeck taking the exact same shot at De Gea

2) doesn't account for chances that do not end up in a shot

the stat is lacking a lot

Love betting
'Ate stats
Simple as

You don't need stats to see the luck they've had. It's still a vast improvement on the shit they were dishing up under Mourinho.