They used to be a great club, what went wrong ?

They used to be a great club, what went wrong ?

Attached: Arsenal.png (510x600, 88K)

Shit owners
Stadium
Small team mentality

Reminder that they were dabbed on by Zaragoza of all teams

Why did arsenal not go for it against rennes? Fucking pussies, went out with a whimper

>muh stadium
Once they started accepting less than their best, happy to be competing, happy to be 2nd, the rot set in. Culture of the club changed to complacency and you can't just will that ruthless edge back.
I'd say Spurs will have similar as they pay for their stadium, but they already have the same shitty mentality

The club decided to move stadium and had to finance it themselves through loans that needed paying off quickly, so it meant that the club were forced to become a selling club from 2006-2013. These 7 years of mediocrity basically installed a weak mentality into every part of the club and they never recovered from it. Also they got bought out by an owner that doesn't give two shits about the club as long as it makes him money, so it's unlikely that the club will ever get the shake up it needs.

WENGER OUT happened

Attached: hi stranger.jpg (615x410, 40K)

They have a satisfied with top 6 mentality now. No winners in the squad. Owners don't care. Fans still pay to watch.

unironically Wenger overachieved in hind sight

>used to be a great club

>Wenger overachieved in hind sight
Wenger is responsible for the weak mentality. He started the nonsense of 4th was okay because we had a nice ground

Sounds legit. In France we have Lyon in that case, they own their own stadiums now but they were through a phase when they had a mediocre team (well, relatively to their 7-wins titles). Now they're recovering, I really think they'll get Barcelona out. Can Arsenal recover some day ?

Only Liverpool and Man U have won more English titles.

>Can Arsenal recover some day?
Not in my opinion, Look at the history of English football, Huge teams can get relegated and crumble into obscurity, Just look at Leeds, Blackpool, Blackburn etc.

Stan fucking Kroenke, I hope he dies from the most painful form of cancer!

Wenger left

Playing a team from the most demanding league of Europe

bit harsh mate

Arsenal just don't have the ambition to challenge for the title under the current ownership, so as long as Kroenke is in charge they'll continue to be where they are. And as much as people like to meme, Arsenal are too big to collapse at this point and the worst they will ever be is Everton-tier. So the club will never reach a point where it's no longer profitable and Kroenke will probably never sell it.

Well there's a second leg, but yeah it was pathetic.

I'm an outsider obviously but they could turn it around by hiring the best front office people possible to scout the best value players. Don't do what US teams do and take on bad contracts for meme players.

>losing to Rene

We lost to BATE too, our away form is horrendous.

They were never a "great" club since they never won a Champions league.

>pay 70 millions for Xhaka and Mustafi
>pay 60 for Obamemong
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee why Kroenke won't invest in this club

Attached: average arsenal fan.jpg (500x276, 36K)

And don't forget England's biggest club Liverpool haven't even won a Premier League Title

Holy shit you're right, wtf I love Kroenke now!

This is my biggest fear. In 15 years Arsenal is playing in 3 division and my son is supporting some Arab team instead

We won in 2006. Nobody who saw that game rates barcas win, biggest refball ever.

They've won 18 league titles

Attached: etoo btfos arselel.jpg (1920x969, 254K)

It's not solely about the money being spent, it's about his reluctance to change things that actually need changing. Wenger's position wasn't even challenged until the fans started flying planes over the stadium. The medical staff are absolutely incompetent and Arsenal always end up with an injury crisis half-way through every season. The scouting is poor and resulted in the club wasting £70m on mediocre players like Xhaka and Mustafi. Players like Sanchez and Ramsey are able to run down their contracts and leave for nothing because the club is incapable of negotiating good contracts. It's a poorly run club in pretty much every department.

the club did invest and the problem isn't Kroenke, the problem lies with the people who were in charge of the transfers and the players, mainly Wonga and Gazidis, they signed some horrible players and gave them extremely fat wages and couldn't keep any of the better ones
the whole medical staff should be fired as well, every single promising player this dreg of a team had was ravaged by injuries, i thought i would never see a footballer playing less than Diaby and then Jack Wheelchair came in, this season fucking Xhaka had to play as a defender because there were no other optiions

How many CL did they win?

Bayern lost to BATE, too and they won the treble that year.

Attached: fail.jpg (340x321, 34K)

Kroenke is the man in charge, it's his job to deal with his employees if they're not doing their job properly.

Wtf I love Kroenke so much right now, please stay forever! Best owner ever!

if this club had any backbone in them they would had fired Wonga after that 8-2, instead they let it become a 10-2 vs Buyern
i'm tired Wobbie, i really am

Attached: 1550238584577.png (620x825, 503K)

Yeah but Bayern are elite, we're not.

Attached: 015ff8d5a1d827115995beab2112e6a53c8b0405c65fc523beb5635cec37b11d[1].jpg (408x408, 40K)

Kroenke doesn't give a shit, most likely he has a team of advisers that tells him this and that, as long as the club brings in the money he won't care, and it will stay profitable because idiots will keep buying tickets and merchandise
sure, he's an awful owner but the money was there and the guys in charge of transfers (wenger and Gazidis) absolutely botched it, keep in mind that they won't let Emery to be in charge of the transfers which is something unheard of in big clubs, also Mislintat already packed the luggage after being at the club for half a year, puts into perspective what kind of climate reigns at Arsenal, if it doesn't become relevant again in the next 3-4 years it won't become ever again

I really liked that 2008 team with adebayor, fabregas, flamini, clichy, gallas and so on. But sadly it sputtered out and the years afterwards seemed pointless.

There must have been something in the water, because I see the 2006 and before squad as fully grown men but its like after that the team was mostly made up of zoomer twinks.

It was Fabregas, going from big black man Vieira to Spanish twink changed the entire mentality of the club.

Attached: martin taylor.jpg (615x409, 47K)

It's a transition period with a new manager after years of complacency, this season literally doesn't matter. Of course Arsenal fans are dramatic and overreact to serve the internet memes I'M TIRED WOBBIE

>implying losing to Rennes is shamefull

i mean premier league is mediocre, could have been way worse if ben arfa was less selfish

Too many Bellendos, not enough Torreiras Remeber when they thought they were funny and offered 40 million +1 for Suarez?

Basedboy club at it's finest

>0 european trophies
They are simply not a big club and never were. Teams like Benfica and BVB are unironically more relevant clubs, they are Roma tier and no one is surprised Roma isn't winning anything.

No they didn't.

european trophies
The state of zoomers

Attached: arsenal-1994-european-cup.jpg (500x333, 56K)

>Cup Winners' Cup
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: AHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (449x401, 490K)

i meant relevant titles.
The fact that you even consider that a meanigful achievement tells me that Arsenal are no actually a big team. Even Anderlect has 2 of those and loads of meme teams have one as well, congratulations on being as internationally succefull as K.V. Mechelen. Oh no wait they won a UEFA supercup too nevermind.

They used wonga as scapegoat

How many times has Roma won the scudetto?

Attached: moving-goalposts.jpg (800x600, 104K)

Look on the bright side. It can still get worse for them and their shit fans

Formerly a great club

Attached: 1529461149587.gif (800x400, 162K)

3 and? Domestic titles don't mean much if they are not combined with international achievements. Arsenal are a medium sized club, good enough to win titles at home and have some good european seasons here and there but in the end not good enough to be relevant on the biggest stage. They are a good club, just not a great club.
Who do you think will be more remembered and rated in the future? Real Madrid winning 3 consecutive CLs and barely any league or Juve with their 8 consecutive leagues and no CL? In the early 2000s Inter and Juve won more scudetti and yet is Milan the most remembered team of that period.
If you don't have relevant european titles you are not a big team, simple as.

>good enough to win titles at home
The whole point of the thread is why they aren't good enough for that anymore, but please tell us more about your great team/big team autistic ranking system. Are Nott Forest as big as Juventus?

The cup winner cup was even more retarded than the UEFA cup

>Are Nott Forest as big as Juventus?
Obviously no because Juve have 3 EL 2 Intercontinentals and have been rilevant for more time.

Same number of relevant cups. Also, for players, was Kaka a top, top player, or was he a world class player?

No Wenger.

WENGER IN

Henry left and they rightfully became irrelevant again.

>Same number of relevant cups
no, UEFA cups and Intercontinental are relevant. You have to note that Arsenal not only never won a relevant cup but has only one CL final, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Kakà was the best player on the planet for a while and pretty much won anything a player can win

>Can you believe what you've seen, Nayim once of Spurs

Please arseanal were never great

arsenal have never had a european pedigree

>losing to a packet of indigestion tablets

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1525735079275.png (785x733, 313K)

>the scoreboard is lying, we didn't lose! It's not FAIR!

I used to have this mentality in elementary school gym class, and I was the least popular child in the entire school as a direct result. I absolutely refuse to believe that you can possess that mentality and not be underaged. If you actually are at least 18 and still think like that, you won't have to worry about your son supporting an oil money club because you are too much of a manchild to impregnate a woman.

The state of those hairlines

I watched that, safe to say JUST

Lads, it's Arsenal.