Why is Ronaldo more influential than Messi...

Why is Ronaldo more influential than Messi? Whenever you hear zoomer players talk about who they want to emulate they always say Ronaldo instead of Messi.

Attached: 1540545506_843804_1540546105_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ciFTP_KRy4
youtube.com/watch?v=YrINhLwn1L8
youtube.com/watch?v=dJsBk5LSGsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because ronaldo is a brand like beckham was while messi is a football player, the best i've ever seen

Because he's the epitome of what a 14 years old would think is cool

Because Ronaldo can be emulated, he's a normal player. No point in trying to be like Messi, he's the most talented player of all time, the GOAT.

Mbappe is that you?

Mbappé doesn't know words like epitome

Attached: 5 (five).jpg (620x430, 23K)

Because you are either underage or a fucking brainlet.

Its well established by people with a working brain that you cant emulate messis natural talent.
Messi =god given talent + dedication
Ronaldo = great talent + hard work + dedication

Now can you ten year olds please fuck off with your x vs x playground circus bullshit.

You can emulate hard work.
With talent, you have it or you don’t.

Because nobody is as talented as Messi and emulating him wouldn't help.

no zoomer want to emulate choking 3 grand finals in a row

It’s s hard work vs talent thing. Messi was pretty top tier from the start but ronaldo gradually got there. I have better memories of ronaldo because I can still remember his early seasons in utd when I just thought he was this dumb kid trying to show off

>daddy, please get me hgh for christmas, I want to be an autist when I grow up

checkm9t vexxers

>english
>glamorous tsuu lifestyle
plus messi's social media game is bit silent type than ronnie or neymar's

Attached: 47285314_128500201509781_1059923909664425984_n.jpg (1080x809, 75K)

U can’t emulate being pumped full of steroids since a young age

It's a social media thing you fucking zoomer
kys

This. You can train being faster, jumping higher, shooting stronger. You cant train Messi's style without tumbling on the ball and risk twisting your ankle

>tf
of course it is lad

Because Messi is a mess!

just remembered Henry going on about a goal Messi scored that he still can't make sense of because anyone else would fall with their body like that. must have been interesting for someone as successful as Henry to know he could never be as good as a teammate

Messi = god given talent
Cristiano = Athleticism + some hard work

It's like that movie Amadeus
Messi = Mozart
Cristiano = Salieri

youtube.com/watch?v=-ciFTP_KRy4

Attached: Hulce-Abraham.jpg (648x529, 66K)

ron is insecure, self-conscious and narcissist, just like your average zoomer

and loves to live on instagram like a faggot

Messi is damn good and had the natural ability to be able to do what he does but was in a top team from the beginning and has never left.

Ronaldo has had to work hard at it, got noticed at Lisbon, progressed and developed in the PL for a few years and really upped his physical game then when he came into La Liga he was able to dominate but also look after himself so he has been able to do what he does for longer and in different leagues.

>Why is Ronaldo more influential than Messi?
because he looks like an athlete. Messi looks like a retired mexican plumber.

Because players actually want to win things with their NT not choke when it matters

Kids are only interested in long shots and "mad tekkers". They don't appreciate feints, perfect ball control and genius playmaking

Because

Attached: 1522872419037.jpg (921x634, 164K)

because ronaldo is successful through sheer work ethic, which makes his capabilities seem attainable. Messi is raw talent.

That being said, I think Ronaldo is the better player; one can only wonder what Messi could have been like with Ronaldo's drive and ambition.

What are you talking about? Messi is 31 and still at a high level while Cristiano is slaying frosinone in serie A

If messi wouldnt have high drive and ambition he would go to his local league fucking trannies like all sudaccas do when they turn 30

Because something's in the water making zoomers tall as fuck they can't relate to Messi, they try to do a Messi dribble and they twist their ankles

I didn't say he wasn't a high level you blithering idiot. I was commenting on how much better he could have been without a diet of spite and pizza and the body of an office manager.

Attached: 7a2.jpg (960x540, 107K)

He stopped his sprite pizza diet after 2014 when he started puking on the pitch

impossible to emulate a god. jokes aside, it's because messi is a introverted family man that doesn't care about showing off. it's unappealing to zoomers

>more UCL titles
>more accomplished national team career with a worse team
>proven winner in EPL
>proven winner at halal
>proven winner at tssuuuventus
>was responsible for creating and finishing scoring opportunities for his team
>didnt have have the luxury of Xavi and Iniesta doing the heavy lifting during his most successful seasons
>didn't get decades of hgh
>fucks 10s and not gross favela monkeys

was going to say this

Winning Serie A with Juve is basically like earning a participation trophy

>life is like the movie I watched
kys oomer faggot

Because zoomers are retarded
Back when I was in high school people hated Ronaldo.

Barca and Juventus both have 8 titles in the last 10 years so winning la liga with Barca is also a participation trophy.

How many hench manlets are there? Shaqiri? And he's shit

best post

>Xavi and Inies doing the heavy lifting

youtube.com/watch?v=YrINhLwn1L8

What exactly are you supposed to emulate about Messi? There's no way someone can play like him or you would be a professional already. A kid at a park can pretend to stand and bloot it like Ronaldo.

Attached: Free kcks.jpg (2534x3366, 1.13M)

>0 goals in major tournaments
but he scored against Spain at the last world cup

and he's the top CL freekick taker with 12 goals while Messi has 4

all time Ronaldo scored 44 Messi scored 38 freekick goals.

Social media, Ronnie is literally the most followed person on the planet on Instagram. Messi isn't as marketable because he doesn't do le epic maymay celebrations or look like a gigolo fuckboy

Attached: 14930356428277.jpg (660x371, 62K)

actually the heavy lifting in 2015 was also done by

Neymar 39 goals, 10 assists
Suarez 25 goals, 23 assists

imagine having two attacking partners who can create 97 goals per season.

correct answer

is that movie worth watching?

based and redpilled desu

That movie isn't even accurate for Mozart and Salieri, let alone as a metaphor for Messi and Ronaldo.

*Blocks your path*

Attached: 1536110972_835569_1536111110_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

i liked it

>Messi =god given talent + dedication
He's literally bio engineered, large quantities of Human Growth Hormone =/= natural

A childish man appeals to children.

you cant emulate hgh mate

This is bait, but I'll bite anyway.

>Free Kicks for Real

>Free Kicks scored for Real

>Ronaldo's % with Real
6.6%

*Blocks your path*

>This is bait
no, those are real life stats.

>he scored against Spain at the last world cup
>he's the top CL freekick taker with 12 goals while Messi has 4
>Ronaldo scored 44 while Messi scored 38 freekick goals.

how is this bait? because it hurts your feelings?

Attached: Villa.jpg (594x379, 140K)

messi = reddit
ronaldo = Yea Forums

>proven winner in EPL
Insanely stacked team,they went to CL Final 2 times after
>proven winner at halal
Only won the championsleague,if he hadn't won this his time at madrid would have been a complete failure.He got cucked out of the league title like 8 times.
Literally a 1 team league similar to Bundes or french farmer league
>didnt have have the luxury of Xavi and Iniesta doing the heavy lifting during his most successful seasons
Busquest_assist_against_Real.webm

Messi has confirmed autism.
That's why he's shit without his handler team Barca.

basado y pildora roja

Ronaldo makes us laugh, Messi makes us drool

Stupidity. What Ronaldo has is natural skill with great athletism organism. Messi only has visión and skill but lacks of body, thats why Modric is better than him.

Rooney is probably one of the only players to have nearly the natural talent for the game that Messi does. Shame he didn't have any of the commitment in comparison (not to take away from his enslavement to United tho), more of a personal commitment/development thing I'm talking about here.

Ronnie is almost the opposite side of the spectrum. He's been plugging holes in his natural skill set since he was a teenager through sheer determination and hard work. I can still remember the press conference where SAF was asked about dropping Ronaldo since he showboated and lost possession too much, he pretty much responded with telling them they didn't know what they were talking about and that if they could only see him in training. Guy has literally been working his guts out for 15 odd years.

>Rooney is probably one of the only players to have nearly the natural talent for the game that Messi does
Nonsense. His technique is Mbappe tier.

thierry henry was a way better natural talent than rooney ever was

>I have never watched a full 90 minutes of football in my life

I would disagree with this. I feel like people genuinely forget that Rooney was the prospect to watch not Ronaldo when they both joined United. It took only about 1-2 seasons for that to change. But there is a reason the entirety of Englel/Prem was losing their minds over Rooney when he was a teenager and it was not purely because he was English.

Henry is a very good shout though. I would absolutely put him in the same bracket of naturally gifted players along with Zlatan and maybe two or three others. Messi is GOAT for elevating himself above that bracket though through consistency and determination.

>flag

imitate Ronaldo because he's tall and muscular and has a meme stance, you can spend your time bettering yourself and trying to get to the next level

you can't imitate Messi
he's the GOAT while drinking sprite, eating like shit, vomiting, and generally looks like he doesn't care 80% of the time. When you really think about it you realize how fucking crazy it is.

>Literally a 1 team league similar to Bundes or french farmer league
Barcelona and Juventus won the league 8 times in the last 10 years. they're both in farmer leagues.

Because Ronaldo is Chad and Messi is a manlet

>coming from Austria

Your country is literally my country missing a few letters. If that, plus the genuine fact that most zoomers now think that Austria is the continent that Australia resides in, isn't a clear sign of your national inadequacy then I don't know what to tell you. You guys have been so irrelevant to the world since WW1 that even Hungary now gets the majority of the credit.

>Barcelona and Juventus won the league 8 times
>Ronaldo was in Real for 10 years
>compete with Messi
>won the league 2 times
Ah,yes Twain of course how could I forget.When your big hero Ronnie is in direct competition in LaLiga it suddenly became a farmers league.Because Messi and Barcelona took a big shit on him and Real.

Attached: 1540573650087.png (996x868, 798K)

la liga is on the same level as the leauge cup in England. literally nobody cares.

Ronaldo is attractive

Ronaldo sells his Chad imagine

yes

I don't see how it has to be accurate for me to make a comparison to what happens in the movie

>When your big hero Ronnie is in direct competition in LaLiga it suddenly became a farmers league.
not really, la liga was always a farmers league.

must be weird to be a Messoy fan. imagine thinking World Cup, Copa America, Champions League are all irrelevant just because your idol cant stop choking outside Camp Nou.

based romani poster

>muh Idol
>competes for 10years
>cucked 8 times
>farmers league all along
You are so pathetic lmao

>Madrid won 4 out of the last 5 CL, it must be a farmer's trophy

At least they aren't a penal colony, son

>australian banter

Messi > Ronaldo.
Since day one.
Not even a contest.

Lmaoing at the total morons here who think
>Ronaldo isn't insanely naturally talented
>Messi isn't one of the hardest working footballers in the world
Fucking braindead fuckwits.

Rapenaldo

How do Ronaldo's balls taste you cuck gypsy?

this

>Messi isn't one of the hardest working footballers in the world
Ive never heard anecdotes of anyone praising Messi for his hardwork. He is mostly a lazy piece of shit when he doesn't feel like running

You realize Messi created that goal by shitting on the defense and Nani. And he also actually scored in that final lmao, it wasn't a penalty either btw

>proven winner in EPL
>Insanely stacked team,they went to CL Final 2 times after
I wonder who would have actually won that cl final if a certain pepe doesnt get refballed for pocketing messoy too hard
>hint: its the same team that beat barcelona in a final that year, guess who scored the winning goal

Attached: really makes you think.jpg (720x611, 62K)

>pepe and ramos
>ever pocketing the midget
>heavy fouling is now pocketing
They got humilated by him countless times

Attached: 1523907673023.gif (200x190, 1.32M)

Jesus christ maybe you need to follow your cousins lead, you've missed a step

Copa America is irrelevant though.

It looks like Messi doesn't agree with you

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Referring to Messi's missus as a favela monkey? Are you serious???!!! That woman is perfect 10

came here to post this

Ronaldo feels more like a machine, crafted (to perfection).
Messi was born this way.

Anyone can aspire to become Ronaldo.
Its a bit like what you see in many superhero movies.

You just can't emulate Messi. The guy is literally the best player of all time, his skills are god-given and he played the same way when he was in Grandoli, as a youngling.
Ronaldo worked his ass off to get where he is, sure with help from ((florentino)) and marketing, but no one can deny that he achieved and improved a lot after all these years.
Man utd Ronaldo is the best Ronaldo anyway, he looked like a super-player.

Winning Copa America would barely change Messi's legacy if at all but constanly losing it like he has done certainly damages it.

Cringe.

Ronaldo clearly the better player.

won 4/5 Champion's leagues while Messi was in his prime

Everyone talking about "messi has raw talent". HGH must be another word for raw.

sure is easy to humiliate pepe with a 'sologoal' once danialves and his m8 the referee redcard him for winning the ball with a no-contact challenge. its kinda hard to mark one of the best dribblers of all time if even fairly disposessing him could get you a red. though ramos got burned by messi multiple times the reverse is also true

This
/thread

im so glad trump is kicking all you dumbasses out.

based

Attached: 1525863854341.jpg (721x463, 105K)

Attached: 1525635669627.jpg (750x731, 338K)

who took the pic? was it jr? if so why would ronaldo ask his son to take a pic of his balls?

This

Attached: 1520092293030.gif (378x288, 1.49M)

>Because Ronaldo can be emulated, he's a normal player.
name a player who emulated Ronaldo and had better stats than him in the last 15 years

answer: nobody because it takes a strong disciplined muscular mind .

>And he also actually scored in that final lmao
Ronaldo scored twice in a CL final. Messi can't even score twice in two finals against powerhouse Chile.

>le score 123 min penalty when up by 2 goals man

>scoring penalties is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=dJsBk5LSGsw

Portugal has a better team than Argentina

because 7 8 9

not him, but fuck no. also ronaldo is considerably worse than messi

fuck yes.
Let's take 2016 against Chile
Argentina starting lineup (4-3-3): Sergio Romero; Marcos Rojo, Ramiro Funes Mori, Nicolas Otamendi, Gabriel Mercado; Javier Mascherano, Lucas Biglia, Ever Banega; Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain, Lionel Messi

heh. Laughable.

Also CR7 Portugal lost against Chile too.

chile

ronaldo >> messoy

Argentina's starting players 2014-2015-2016
>Zabaleta - 2012&2014 PL winner, 100+ games for ManCity in 2013-2016, made Team of the Year in 2012–13
>Aguero - 2012&2014 PL winner, ManCity top scorer, Premier League Golden Boot: 2014–15
>Dimaria - UEFA Champions League Team of the Season: 2013–14, La Liga top assist provider: 2013–14, CL winner
>Mascherano - FC Barcelona Player of the Season 2013–14, treble winner in 2015, made CL team of the season
>Demichelis - 2014 PL winner, 100 games for ManCity between 2013-2016, previously won 11 trophies with Bayern
>Lavezzi - 130 games for PSG between 2013-2016, won 8 trophies
>Biglia - 100+ games for Lazio in 2013-2016, previously won 9 trophies with Anderlecht
>Enzo Perez - 2014 primeira liga winner, Primeira Liga Player of the Year: 2013–14, won 5 trophies with Benfica
>Higuain - Serie A Team of the Year: 2013–2014 and 2015-2016, 90 goals for Napoli between 2013-2016
>Garay - 2014 primeira liga winner, UEFA Europa League: Squad of the season 2013–14
>Rojo - started in 60 games for Manchester United 2014-2016, won FA cup
>Otamendi - won EL and 8 domestic trophies with FC Porto, Spanish La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–2015, 50 games for >ManCity and League Cup winner in 2015-2016, also played a CL semi final
>Javier Pastore: Ligue 1 UNFP Team of the Year: 2014–2015, won 10 trophies in 130 games for PSG between 2013-2016

Argentina at 2014 WC
>rated 2nd favorite to win the world cup 2014 by major bet sites
>#3 in Fifa rankings before the tournament
>had 4th market value in 2014, even without Messi they would still have been on par with Italy England Belgium

Argentina players in 2017-2018 before the WC
>Di Maria 21 goals 12 assists
>Aguero 30 goals 7 assists
>Dybala 26 goals 7 assists
>Icardi 29 goals 1 assist
>Higuain 23 goals 8 assists

name 3 Portuguese players who had these stats\achievements\awards and could play next to Ronaldo. go ahead, I'll wait.

have you read the news lately lol
trump is all smoke and mirrors after all

what do you won't understand is that teamwork is better than stacked individual divas.

take Mascherano, for some weird reason he's loved, but man he's BAD.
take Higuain, he has never scored in ANY important match for his country, yet he's still their 9.

Portuguese players understands each other. Ronaldo will pass the ball to André Gomes and to Nani.

Individual trophies won't make a team, Romania. Stop being a stat baby. Gary Medel has stopped both Cristiano and Messi, and he doesn't have the "stats" you wrote of

>Gary Medel has stopped both Cristiano and Messi
Messi stopped himself in those 3 consecutive finals by missing a penalty and various tap-in opportunities

Those HGH enhanced knees, cartilage and ligaments can take damage no mere mortals can

>Zabaleta's legs were gone past 2014
>Aguero is the most typical modern case of "good at club, almost nothing of value to national team" - even to this day, people are arguing about him, but it's easier to understand with all his caps for the national team. It doesn't matter how well he does in clubs, he nearly never scores in tournaments
>Di Maria after Man Utd...lmao, PSG made him regress so much
>Mascherano - really uninspired DMF, on the national team, he mostly just passes backwards and tackles opponents
>Demichelis - a Pellegrini meme, he was shit even back at Bayern Munich, ask any german and they'll laugh remembering times he got subbed on and fucked something up
>Lavezzi - Ligue 1 is a farmer's league, doesn't matter how many trophies or apperances he made at PSG
>Biglia - he was meh at best on the national team, not a very creative player or a great stopper in the midfield
>Enzo Perez - declined since leaving Benfica (portuguese league isn't a great competition anyways), sticks to playing with scrubs in south america now
>Higuain - his form with the national team declined even during 2014, got worse since then
>Garay - Real Madrid washup, I'll bet your boy Cristina doesn't even remember him
>Rojo - most Man Utd fans agree that he was generally overpriced, never was a great defender

I could keep going, but you should get the idea now. You're conveniently overrating the team.

because they know they can't emulate messi, he's too gifted.

Are you underage? Everyone in norway watches this movie during secondary school.

>Individual trophies won't make a team. Stop being a stat baby.
I was talking about individual market value. let's look at a random recent club season:

La Liga: top5 clubs by market value finished top5 in the La Liga table
Premier League: top5 clubs by market value finished top5 in the PL table
Serie A: top3 clubs by market value finished top3 in the Serie A table
Bundesliga: 5 out of top6 clubs by market value finished top5 in the Bundesliga table
Ligue1: top4 clubs by market value finished top4 in the Ligue1 table

WorldCups 2006, 2010, 2014: won by a team who was top3 in terms of market value
in 2018 France won and had by far the most expensive squad.

so actually yes, individual achievements and market value will make a team.

>those players were shit because I say so

Argentina was literally 2x as stacked and you're conveniently overrating Portugal.
go ahead and analyse Portugal's starting 11 and tell me how they were better than Argentina in june 2014.

if you were a manager facing consecutive international finals would you swap treble winner Mascherano and top assister Di Maria for Miguel Veloso and Varela?

that's a lot of mental gymnastics instead of just admitting Messi's choke pattern.

Amadeus is a TOP movie. You must see it.

Because professional footballers can't go into hgh regiments anymore

Pepe had Messi in his pocket that whole match until alves feigned an injury. Pepe and Ramos always get a lot of shit when Barcelona blatantly cheat instead of fouling

Ronaldo has a personality
>TSSSSSUUUUUUU

This is... powerful... whoa@

Why do you try so fucking hard? Replying as much as you do isn't changing anyone's mind. The fact that you have to dig as deep as you do to provide player awards by team just proves the point. Messi may not be the GOAT, and that's a legitimate discussion, but Ronnie hasn't been, isn't now, and will never be better than Messi.

>Guy with large social media presence, always in the media for scoring goals and actually winning championships vs La Liga highlight player

gee i fucking wonder

no one plays and lasts at barca who doesn't work hard. To get to that level of football, very hard work on the training pitch is the norm.

this
Of course zoomer cancer would want to be like this brain dead sociopath.

Attached: patrick-bateman.jpg (1080x1226, 108K)

ronaldo: soulless
messi: soul

I'm just pointing out messifags' number one excuse when Messi chokes
>but you see it was because his team was literal shit
which is not true by any metric imaginable, Ronaldo had way shittier team mates to deal with.

the operative word is team.
a bunch of individually skilled players does not necessarily make a good team. where as a bunch of average players who play well together could be an excellent team.

So much this. Just look at Dominique Wilkin's Atlanta Hawks of the early 90's....supreme talent, couldn't play together for shit.

LOL

>ronaldo had shittier team mates
>they won the Eurofinal without him
>they bailed him out in 2008 when he missed the pen in the final against Chelsea
>they bailed him out in every CL final when he played like shit
yeah sure, poor donaldo