So it's confirmed that teams will just start shooting balls at arms of defenders in the penalty area right...

So it's confirmed that teams will just start shooting balls at arms of defenders in the penalty area right? You can do it to win a pen or to just waste a ton of time because they will go check it every time on the screen. Literally every shot that hits a hand has been called as a pen (Otamendi, Pissgee)

Attached: 685FD646-CA5C-481A-9470-7E1EB33FDD79.jpg (739x415, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iqwh6bxJPe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

funny thing is that the shot was completely out of target anyways

Irrelevant. If it's on target it's a red card and pen. If it's off target it's a yellow card and pen.

I‘ve seen more controversial penalties given and not given. VAR doesn’t change shit, that is for sure. If Psg is retarded enough not to kill the game off in both legs, they deserve to be kicked out

>or to just waste a ton of time
actually this is a legitimate concern. I wonder how long it'll take before teams try to exploit this

its a soft penalty. Ive seen them given for that before. Its just controversial because of VAR and the situation being close to injury time.
Kimpembe was dumb to move his body like that especially when in the box but the guy is 23 so he'll learn from it.

Only United will get the penalties though

halal will be back to their old tricks next year I'm sure

i said funny. but this var thing is going to kill the game, mark my words

>but this var thing is going to kill the game, mark my words
but why? just because of the delaying of a decision or that it is giving decisions that typically wouldn't happen?

both

People need to stop seeing VAR as an ultimate tool which will call every foul consistently and 100% right. It's still going to be up for interpretation by referees but it'll correct obviously wrong calls. It's an obvious improvement to the game and we'll get used to it eventually. Plus the implementation of it will improve as experience with it grows.

stadiums are going to start having VAR music to blast out while referee is thinking
guarantee one will play the who wants to be a millionaire tense music
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqwh6bxJPe0

Well psg and City certainly won't

United fans chanting VAR during the review was hilarious and I now support this idea.
Should use the countdown music with a 30 second timer though. Give the ref a mic too. "For me it's a penalty nick"

the game wasn't killed for minutes EVERY TIME the ref is not sure about something

now it is

fucking kek

Which is why I said the implementation will grow with experience. It's taking way too long sometimes in the current meta.

Russian commentators said that there will be new clean lines of rules on VAR system.

You would rather have wrong decisions than correct decisions?
Fucking bitter cos your shit team got put out lmao

Seems to me it's just another tool to help the uefa darling teams (Liverpool, United, Barca)

Why would these team be darling to UEFA (except barca of course)?

>liverpool

Refs really don't need VAR if they want to rig things. Just look at Barca - PSG last year. VAR would've actually been detrimental to rigging that game.

>Liverpool - City 2018

and yet they give handballs that aren't to their darling teams and no one gives a fuck

>United

Remember Fergie getting fucked over in his final season by refball against Real Madrid?

They just add the time like they would for any other stoppage though, there was supposed to be 3 minutes added last night and after the pen the ref allowed play until +8 or 9

Dumbest zoomer of the day.

Go watch all the great defenders from last decade like Puyol, Canavaro, Nesta, Vidic etc. Even the fullbacks.

Find me one player that defends shots with his arms flailing

not to mention the state of the ref in the first leg of this PSG tie. Ignoring the Kimpembe 2nd yellow possibility the ref was allover the place

This. Watch that goal Puyol stopped with his chest and look how he had his arms behind, knowing about the body volume rule. Fucking retarded zoomers

>WAH why are illegal moves penalized and why should "my" team lose because of that
Apply yourself, you gosh darn mong.

>it's the gay arab city fan

Are you implying that desperate shooting from a long distance in order to get rebound/penalty/whatever gives your team advantage is totally new post-VAR thing?

No it isn't. Referees can add extra stoppage time which is what happened. Do you actually watch football?

VAR is ruining this game. But I think this is what happens when something gets too big for it's own good. Football is too popular. Teams can't risk just playing free and open football. Now only that but tactics like shooting randomly in the box hoping to win a pen is easier to actually score a goal from open play spells doom for this sport.

There was a news article that showed how much time should have been added due to VAR and how much actually was, needless to say there was time wasted. Additional time only really covers part of it.

Well you can’t do it to waste time. The ref didn’t blow until the 99th minute last night.

>teams will just start shooting balls at arms of defenders in the penalty area right
They already did that before VAR tbqh

Mbappe is 19

>i h-have n-nothing to s-say

>needless to say there was time wasted

big shock
only retarded zoomers don't understand this

yes but now with VAR they are obliged to go check it out themselves or there will be a massive backlash

I don't support PSG. But I think VAR is totally unnatural and kills it, because there will always be room for some micro video analysis. This is pandora box. People want justice at any cost where it does not belong. Football is not about justice, it is a game that is supposed to be super fluid, not to be ruined every 5 minutes by video.

yes.

nope

lol, pique made a career of handling in the area without giving away penalties. The only thing changed it is now varball instead of refball

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-03-14-at-16.14.16.jpg (567x319, 45K)

Yes but this creates more "meme" moments and that is what zoomers want.

agree with this

also want to say, even with VAR, if the ref can't figure it out in 30 seconds it's neither clear or obvious is it?

There will be a way bigger amount of penalties now

The only issue I have with VAR is that linesmen have gone full pussy and are scared to call an offside unless it's completely obvious. If a goal isn't scored, no harm done. If a goal is scored, VAR will fix it.

To be honest desu I felt very bad during the WC final versus croatia. Just because the french players tell the referee "we saw a hand foul", the referee stops the game, watch the video for 5 minutes, etc etc. We re not even able to say today if the hand fould was intentional or not, how do you want the referee to know better. VAR will kill football, and brings the opportunity to bring commercial breaks within the broadcast of the game.

It's always funny when people mock cricket and yet it has implemented decision review better than any other sport. What do to:
>give both teams 1 review (per half if you're feeling generous but that's too much imo)
>time limit to review 15sec from incident
>only the captain can tell the ref
>if they're wrong they lose it
>refs are mic'd so crowd/tv audience can understand their thought process
Extra:
>book every single player who crowds the ref ffs
>why am i wasting time watching a middle aged man run 50yds to a tv screen after waiting 2 minutes already? Run immediately or leave it in the hands of the external ref

Works for cricket because every ball is a single incident but it's shit for football and makes this great fluid sport like some shit yank crap like NBA or NFL. But the box is opened now and here we are again talking about refs instead of the game.

we saw it at the world cup and now too, the amount of penulties becomes insane

people should just admit plain and simple that football is not FAIR by design and will never be.
But people can't let go nothing, and need to grab on the smallest stuff to divert themselves from the only thing that matters, their actual life.

>It's always funny when people mock cricket and yet it has implemented decision review better than any other sport.
That doesn't change that Cricket is a shit tier sport brainlet

ITT
No one knows the actual rules of the game

Pretty much, managers and players do the same - no class. Ironic considering every one gets paid so much it doesn't even matter

ramos did it last year vs psg

Colon then, educate me.

VAR is a shithouse and should be removed from the game, but last night was still fun.

>pundits, experts, ex-refs all disagree about VAR (penalty) calls
>l-l-learn t-the rules!!!!