Alright, explain this to me because I honestly don't get it...

Alright, explain this to me because I honestly don't get it. Both score an exactly even amount of goals over two equal matches yet Manchester United somehow advances. Is it because they won the last game? How does this make any sense. Why didn't they do extra time or golden goal?

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-231604__01.jpg (1080x1011, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_goals_rule
google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/soccer/2019/02/08/away-goal-rule-tiebreaker-uefa-vote-abolish
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, it's because they won the last game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_goals_rule

Tourist or Moroccan? Surely no actual Dutchman can know this little about football

No, it's because Manchester United were wearing pink and the team with the lighter colour goes through.

No its not you dumb fuck.

When it's a draw, the team who scores the most goals away are qualified.
Psg got 2, Man U 3, so Man U are qualified

It's an incredibly stupid rule. I really don't understand why they ever thought this makes sense.

Also I am pretty sure I read UEFA WILL get rid of it next season or the one after.

Attached: omg.png (276x256, 57K)

>Both score an exactly even amount of goals over two equal matches
Yes, and when that happens, the team that has scored more goals as an away team goes through.

just hoot the ball alley op

Attached: 75638888.jpg (651x719, 73K)

because 0-0 away games and then winning 1-0 at home isn't the best entertainment

you never played any sport besides computer games?

what will be the new tie-breaker?

Because it motivates the first away team to attack and score goals rather than trying to nick a 0-0 or 1-0 zzz fest.

when you go to someone's house and fuck their mother, but they come to your house and fuck both your mother and your father, they win

Coin toss like in the Super bowl

The refs decide who played better but 90% of the time they let the underdog go through

top trel

t. salty op being outsmartassed

Attached: you cant.png (300x200, 137K)

United scored more goals away. Home field advantage is a thing and this acknowledges that

i understand why away goals matter, and there's no excuse for two teams who both know the rules.

but what a god-awful system. inferior teams still bunker, home advantage has been largely dampened, and you get situations like this where one team is outplayed and still manages to progress despite not outscoring their opponents. make them earn it.

English teams advance in the event of a tie, it's part of the brexit deal

disregard the quebecer above

Just read that and it is the most bizarre thing ever. So because Manchester United scores in a different stadium their goals are worth more? Lmao. Why would you not just park the bus at home and then score goals away, what's the point of scoring at home if you get twice as many roi away.

They should really get rid of this rule.

What nonsense. You play one at home and one away. Both teams do this, both have the same chances.

No it really is god awful and anyone who isn't a brainlet notices it. And historically it kicked out so many fucking teams despite being the actual better team just because they had one bad day.

>lose and get knocked out
>bitch about "muh bad day"
Guess we should just look at the FIFA rankings and say the best teams are already decided, no need to actually play football.
Away goals are a based rule that create shenanigans like we had today.

I remember how Mourinho would park the bus AWAY where the goals are worth more. This always came back to bite him in the ass.

Refball goals are worth more.

>le same thread every year meme

I am not supporting the baguetteniggers or whatever the fuck you are implying kek

Actually next year that rule will end

There's something wrong with your flag America-kun.

It's because teams win a majority of the time in their own stadium.
However, it doesn't make sense to have an away goals rule when there are 2 legs played in both stadiums.

or how about making the weaker teams host the second leg, since they're more likely to go hard on defense.
or copa do brasil rules with a bit of edit. First leg, home club to score more than 2 goals than their opponent win the round and advance to the next, if they don't then second leg with away goals continues as normal. now the weaker team has a bigger incentive to attack and the away/stronger club definitely wants to score.

>don't know basic rules
>complain about them and say they should be changed

If you don't know about away goals you don't watch football so why waste time crying about it

Attached: 1525146278820.jpg (236x421, 33K)

This isn't Fifa Vidya
Travelling and home ground makes a difference you doughnut

team with more studs left on their boots at the end of the first game goes through

>replying seriously
he clearly knows

Attached: 145229791484.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

you don't deserve that flag, muhammad

Seething

You don't deserve a Euro 2020 venue.

It doesn't have to be a different stadium. In 2002/03 AC Milan went through on away goals against Inter who share the same stadium.

kek

>Both teams do this, both have the same chances.
you're literally making an argument FOR away goals. Both teams have the same chance to win on away goals, so why not do it? It makes the game more fun, like anons have previously said, because it encourages more attacking matches

use your head

pitch is different
fans are different
overall conditions are different
so, your performances get valued higher for performing in a different environment
its a good rule toothpaste, so sad seeing an /elite/ being so idiotic

M U L T I B A L L

>itt American visiting Amsterdam

>god awful system
Champions league is still pretty good viewing. The only people salty are the losers when it happens to them.

Must be a t*rk

Soccer metaphor of cuckoldry.

If you're foreign and not in your country your actions are worth more, especially if you score with the locals'.

NFL teams travel further away than CL teams on average, no unfair advantage given.

That's comic.

What's the difference between scoring two at home, and scoring one each away and at home?

チェックとケックしました。

Most of the time, the away goal rule makes the match a one score game
You have to be a brainlet to be against it

I remember reading it in the news as a kid. Inter weren't too pleased with the result.

google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/soccer/2019/02/08/away-goal-rule-tiebreaker-uefa-vote-abolish
Oh no no no no

>tie breaker is based on the geographic location of the goals scored

Really? What the fuck yurop

Attached: 89F3EDF1-1495-4DBB-8BE1-AEEA9FEE8845.gif (240x228, 858K)

Burgers tolerate having their customer bases moved regularly
kek

You don't understand fan home support because your not proper fans

I was expecting to see the stars and stripes making this post not a toothpaste.

Does that not motivate the home team to play defensively to avoid conceding an away goal?

Burgers should know about it. Doesn't the MLS Cup use the away goals rule too?

Here's how it should work:
>First leg 90 minutes
>Then play 15 minutes of extra time regardless of score
>Then have half a penalty shootout regardless of score
>Note down scores of each
>Second leg 90 minutes
>If first + second leg scores are equal, add on first leg extra time scores, play another 15 minutes of extra time
>If scores still equal, have another half a penalty shootout starting from the scores of the first leg one

Why yes I do have autism.

It exists to encourage teams to play football in away legs. If it didn't exist the away team would just bunker down and play 11 men behind the ball, only bothering to try and sore in their home leg.

If you look back through the records of the old days of the European Cup you can see that it was fairly common to see a two legged ties with scores like 3-0 to the home team in the 1st leg and then 5-0 to the home team in the 2nd leg.

>don't have away goals rule
>away teams park the bus, home teams attack
>have away goals rule
>home teams park the bus, away teams attack
Tell me, what the fuck is the point?

How else would propose a tie breaker?
Only idiots complain without proposing an alternate solution.