Most overrated of all time

Real Madrid's reign didn't feel as long as it was because it was never a reign to begin with.

As much as Madrid fans try to pretend that the past 5 years were fantastic, the reality is that in the seasons where they won the CL, they were the laughing stock during most of the year. Madrid never played well, and it was always a bore to watch. Watching Madrid felt like an ugly chore even for the fans.

They regularly got humiliated in the league and the cup, which took up most of the calendar. Not only that, but even in the CL, they never won convincingly. They either needed massive refball, massive amount of luck, or both, to get past any and all ties. The only league title they won was tainted with massive amount of refball, so notorious that even coaches called it out.

The fact is, they never even won a treble, whereas Barcelona did it in that season when Madrid didn't even win the CL. That is why, whenever they say "4 CLs in 5 years", there it is, Barcelona's treble standing in there, like an ugly pimple in a cute face, one that really hurts.

What's worse, they never got a hold of Barcelona. They lost so many games against them, that for the first time after 87 years of domination, Barcelona went ahead of them in all-time wins. Not only that, but they lost humiliatingly and embarrassingly, home and away.

During the golden age, Madrid fans only got to enjoy the week after winning the CL, only to start suffering again all year. In the end, the implementation of VAR put them in their real place: out of all competitions by early March. They won their very own treble: knocked out of the league by Barcelona, knocked out of the cup by Barcelona, knocked out of the CL by Ajax, all in a week, all at home.

So much for the golden age of Madrid.

Attached: oh wow it's fucking nothing.jpg (545x363, 9K)

just wanted to let you know i didn't read your post

Doesn't matter if they weren't dominant. End of the day they won 4 cl in 5 years, that's all people will remember 40 years from now. This thread is moot.

I did read his post and it was pretty much all correct.

i just want the Spanish league to not even be in the top 8 leagues, let alone 10.

i believe you
good post op

The CL won't exist in 40 years. Only thing that matters is now.

The golden age of Madrid was early 2000's you zoomer

Why? Spanish football is a great watch, and high quality.

Why do redditors hate laliga so much?

I miss the times with Raul, Helguera, Casillas, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos so much

Another Barca treble incoming to blemish RM's legacy

Bpl have better players but the la liga always have the best product and team output.

i just don't like spaniards and their league.

why

Because it is a terrible boring league led by literal mafioso Tebas, with the worst refs in Europe, abysmal attendances, an unprofessional sports press favouring fairweather fans, third-world tier timetables, and constant diving/cheating. On top of that there are Madrid and Far$a killing our football culture.

fucking cuck

True

reminder that argentina has lost three international finals in a row with the "greatest player of all time"

Attached: 1549241606068.png (700x443, 211K)

In all that reign they were Barcelona's bitch on regular basis

Yet they have still been the most successful league in Europe recently(by far) for some reason

I highly doubt River would give a shit about Boca winning a treble if they won 4 Libertadores in 5 years.

redpilled

up

They do though. Boca has never won a tricampeonato and everyone makes fun of them for that.

found the valencian bros