You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

Attached: top10.png (300x283, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chess-results.com/tnr420534.aspx?lan=1
ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=5100011
ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=1413864
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why hello there.

Attached: 1545963078425.jpg (499x499, 52K)

Where's the women?

why cant blacks play chess lads

Hou Yifan is in the mid-2600s and everyone else is well below 2600.

is that really a question?

Who are you rooting for in the World Team Championship?

chess-results.com/tnr420534.aspx?lan=1

I don't care as much about who wins, as long as Sweden finishes last.

>caruana -9
JUST

I don't feel so good...

CHINA NUMBA 3

German League weekend was tough for the big guys. Caruana and MVL both lost in the ninth round against Leko and Kamsky, respectively, and Anand lost to the guy from Ukraine who looks like an obese toilet brush in the eleventh.

I-I'm sure there's a Brit at 11

None in top 30, but 2 in top 50 is okay

Who is Giri?

Michael Adams is still keeping his head above 2700.

Attached: March 2019.png (752x1195, 218K)

WTF! I didn't know we had a top 10 chess player???

He's also the youngest player in the top ten, and one of the most likely to challenge Carlsen in 2020.

Theres an indian up there, whaddaya mean?

I'm a chinese colonialist based in Canada. Based Ding

FUCK YES

>canadian flag
>chinese
There really is no need to specify that, I consider canadian flags chinese by default.

Ty genghis, my frien.

what the fuck happened to aronian he was top 3 last year wasn't he?

Aronian is the Liverpool of chess.

Attached: Aronian boom-bust cycle.png (884x571, 224K)

Anytime my turanic brother
Praise tengri

this shit isn't a sport, it's a hobby you dweebs

>11 russians in top40
do other countries even try?

Canada is not a country, it's a joke

A few points: almost every former Soviet state has a strong chess culture and has provided the world with a number of world-class players. Among these, Russia is by far the largest, and this is reflected in your width of players. However, chess is an individual sport, where a relatively small country with one great player can dominate the World Championship. Magnus Carlsen is obviously the best example of this. In addition to this, national team events are almost always played over four boards, usually with one reserve, meaning that the thing that really counts is the playing strength of your four or five best guys. USA and China are possibly even stronger than Russia at this point, Azerbaijan and India not far behind.

>tfw irrelevant

How far down is my nearest amigo?

Why isn't this thread in /tg/?

ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=5100011

Because you asked so nicely.

Thank you, better than I expected to be honest

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Is world team championship a significant event, or is it treated comparatively relaxedly?

based man of draws

GIRI MAH BOY

I can post wherever the fuck I like to

anish giri is half nepalese / indian i believe but he grew up in the netherlands after him and his parents moved here.

are you dumb?
there's a whole league of chess with champion tier matches several times a year, world champion is not every year however players will hold on longer to their title

proud of our indian mercenary

So nice to have two in the top 10

not quite, his father is half nepalese / indian
and Giri's mother is russian

Giri is not the spawn of what most people consider ethnic russian, although his salt pouring through the screen when commentating on the rapids when drawlsen defeated blunduana made me think he was cursing like a russian cs player SSSSUUUUKKKAAAA

Attached: 15434454665782.jpg (577x504, 59K)

Caruana is Italian

Tony sopranos is italian too?

How far down to find a Dane?

The World Team Championship is pretty big, but the Chess Olympiad with similar team rules is much, much bigger.

Further than usual, since Peter Heine Nielsen is considered inactive.

ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=1413864

>tfw brainlet country

Attached: 1542102197609.jpg (326x294, 34K)

Nielsen is on the list of players who have reached 2700, not to mention Bent Larsen, the real Danish GOAT, who played on board one in the USSR vs Rest of the World match in 1970. Fischer played on board 2.

Yea Forums chess tournament when?