Is MLS really a shit league? One friend told me I shouldn't watch It because even 2...

Is MLS really a shit league? One friend told me I shouldn't watch It because even 2.Bundesliga and Championship are better
Yeah I know soccer/football are not even 5. sport in USA but Beckenbauer and Pelé played in MLS and in a near past Pirlo, Beckham and Drogba too, so can't be that trash

Attached: 400px-MLS_crest_logo_RGB_gradient.svg.png (400x423, 31K)

>Is MLS really a shit league?
Half the teams have american sports names (which is the correct thing to do) and half are tryhards trying to pander to football hipsters with european names such as D.C. United, Minnesota United and such.

Yeah, it's shit.

The only people I know who watch it are the Indian guys from work.

I know It isn't as good as the top tier leagues of Europa (don't expect It tho) but it's worse even than the lower divisions of Germany and England?

And i even forgot Kaká

Attached: images - 2019-03-04T190657.989.jpg (622x350, 22K)

Some of the American names are great, Philadelphia Union is a great and has a cool logo. Then you get shit like Real Salt Lake.

Anyway it's shit and you got an hour before the basedboys come and post about supporting your local club and how the mls has improved (a lie)

all I know about the MLS is that our finished 50yo boomers dominate it

Well, if buying Pelé didn't work to make americans care for this sport, I don't think anything more can be made

Honestly, I think it's Uruguayan tier
Not in terms of talent production, but just que quality on the field

good for the memes desu

Attached: kddPYyo.jpg (1536x2048, 342K)

There are a few teams that can academies and are bring up young talent, but it’s a Bundesliga sellers league. A few clubs are passable but the tryhards really being down the rest of the lot.

if your expectations are top tier european league, then yes

Attached: 1526493161332.jpg (700x734, 107K)

I love the schedule and the competition system, but I don't like it at all when it comes to the game itself.

I hate how sometimes I have fun with comics when people like this exist.

This has to be satire

It's football. Not very good football, but at least entertaining for the most part. The fans are obnoxious and the business end of it is odd, but there are some good matches here and there. I wouldn't recommend following the MLS as your top league, but if there's nothing else to watch, it's worth having a beer and watching a half. Good shots of a few college slags here and there, too.

The Championship have a higher average salary than the MLS so yeah probably better everything else considered. Zweite is probably comparable to the MLS except the very top teams like Hamburg. Hard to see a MLS team best them.

This is exactly who posts on Yea Forums now? Old Yea Forums would have a field day in driving him out back to Plebbit.

In terms of quality the league is comparable to the middle/lower half of the Championship, a team like Atlanta would probably qualify for the promotion playoff but choke before reaching the final. Keep in mind though the reason MLS is fun is because every season has a noticeable rise in quality from the previous one. While I highly doubt it'll ever match the top 5 euro leagues its already catching up with Liga MX and I think it will be on par with Brazil's/Argentina's in the next decade or less.

>its already catching up with Liga MX
Calm down, buddy

Wut? Mls teams did very well against liga mx teams last year. They are at the same level now

the red BVLL will win concacaf CL this year

It's fun to watch.
It's not the high level of football you're used to, but nearly every team gives a shit and it's quite physical.

2.bundes is unironically the best league in the world to watch. Of course MLS won't be as interesting as that.

It's only worth watching if you have a local team to follow. Otherwise, don't bother.

Would be more fun if their fanbase didn't shit on you for liking other soccer leagues.

>Is MLS really a shit league?
yes

>One friend told me I shouldn't watch It because even 2.Bundesliga and Championship are better
they are

>Beckenbauer and Pelé
they played in some earlier league which went bankrupt decades ago. They were also ancient at the time.

>real salt lake
Where is fake salt lake?

USL is the patrician soccer league

>American humor

old Yea Forums never even mentioned reddit

shut up caesar

>In terms of quality the league is comparable to the middle/lower half of the Championship
Mls is League One tier with Atlanta being lower Championship.

It's comparable to like the english third or fourth division. Same gung-ho football, same lackadaisical defending that's nonexistent at times and same nonexistent tactics and structure. Mls will probably get better when 95 percent of the teams are made up of south americans like Almiron and coached by south americans since american football/soccer players and coaches are a joke.

I follow Sunderland and this is probably accurate, but the best players in MLS are way better.

League One and Championship are hard leagues, fucking 46 matches + cups, I don't think American squad players are very good but they also don't get as much of a chance.

NASL was actually growing really well until the 80's. Pele unironically killed the sport in the US because every team(most of which didn't have money) chased that star player dragon. People like Best and Cruyff were brought in soon after, and the league couldn't keep up financially.

Copa kaiser was unironically better than mls desu

This

what a retarded "logic"

I like Atlanta united. It's not 100% trash.

Pelé was almost in his 40s when went there. He was already flushed

MLS is inbetween the Championship and League One in terms of strength. This is how this season's Championship would look with MLS teams included. Teams are ranked via fivethirtyeight's SPI (soccer power index).

1. Sheffield United, 63.0
2. Leeds United, 61.5
3. Norwich City, 58.9
4. Brentford, 56.9
5. Middlesbrough, 56.3
6. Aston Villa, 55.9
7. West Brom, 55.6
8. Bristol City, 52.9
9. NY Red Bulls, 51.6
10. Stoke City, 50.9
11. Atlanta United, 50.7
12. Swansea City, 50.7
13. Preston, 50.5
14. Birmingham, 49.8
15. Nottm Forest, 49.8
16. Millwall, 48.0
17. Sporting KC, 47.8
18. Hull City, 47.4
19. Sheffield Wednesday, 47.4
20. Derby County, 45.7
21. NYCFC, 45.5
22. Seattle, 45.5
23. Blackburn, 45.2
24. QPR, 45.2

The 5 very best MLS teams currently could hang in the Championship. But they'd range from midtable teams that could maybe have a shot at playoffs like Atlanta and Red Bulls to bottom feeder scrubs like Seattle and NYC who'd likely get relegated

MLS is fine desu. Its level of shittiness gets overblown. Obviously not UEFA tier but otherwise competant, entertaining footy.