So losing to Watford 1-2 in the Premier League is bigger than winning a treble in Scotland?

So losing to Watford 1-2 in the Premier League is bigger than winning a treble in Scotland?

Is this true?

Attached: lifelongfans.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Unironically, yes. Winning the treble with Celtic isn't much of an acheivement.

yes
there are literally no opponents in the scottish league

imagine real madrid in the english conference league

Yes. Celtic is a championship level team playing against league two level competion.

LAD Leicester are a top premier league team recognised everywhere EVEN in England.

Celtic may have their paddy support but lets face the facts in the eyes here. Theyre a nothing team in a joke league

How do we make Scottish football great again in terms of the development of talent? We know they can showcase world class talent occasionally like Van Dijk so how can the Scottish FA do this on a larger scale?

They can't, they've been left behind.

How so? All they need to do is revamp the league payment structure so that other scottish clubs don't get left behind Celtic and have a league wide genuine effort in developing youth talents. Perhaps bringing in some top European scouts and youth coaches from the continent will also help.

In recent years following the death of Rangers, Scottish clubs (except Celtic and The Rangers) have changed the way they run and have reduced their debts to work within their means.

There are a number of clubs now that are in good financial shape and ideal for a takeover, considering they will be valued roughly the same as a League One club but with relatively easy access to European football. Having clubs capable of withstanding the poaching tactics of the Old Firm would be great for the league.

The major problem is the TV conundrum. The best source of income is through TV rights, but a two-team league means a LOT of dead fixtures. The way to make it more competitive is to expand the Prem to 16+ teams, but then that would mean losing a valuable Old Firm match as it goes to a simple home/away fixture structure which is where the big TV money comes from.

So long as Scottish clubs lack the financial clout to resist Celtic buying (and wasting) their promising youngsters and English clubs buying their top players, the vicious cycle will continue.

tl;dr Scotland needs a 3rd/4th wealthy club to make the league more attractive to sponsors.

>didn't (you) my post
you fucking seething little dickhead how pathetic must your life be is this is a victory for you? Fucking grow up you moron.

Agreed, absolutely pathetic

Thanks cousin

>The Rangers

What is this meme? Why do Celtic fans act like Rangers is somehow a different club now just because the corporate structure behind it folded, even though the branding/fans/history/culture is all exactly the same?

>Leicester are a top premier league team

TOPKEK!

It's always so fucking cringe when people who don't watch Scottish football try to comment on it

Scottish football is the sporting equivalent of children throwing shit at each other and screaming. The level of sectarianism in the Scottish game is utterly embarrassing and makes a mockery of the sport. Scots don't even care about what's going on on the pitch as much as they care about being racist and insulting to the other side and chanting about terrorism (if catholic club) or famines (if protestant club).

Anything that happens in England is bigger than anything that happens in Scotland

>le only Scottish clubs are Celtic and Rangers
Retard

Hibs are even worse than those two.
t. lived in Edinburgh for six years

Hearts and Hibernian is also a protestant vs catholic rivalry. And the whole religious bullshit is deeply ingrained into Scottish culture now as a result of the prominence of muh Old Firm. There are some honourable people in the lesser clubs trying to fight back but its no use.

>thinks he knows what he’s talking about
>doesn’t
Based retard

As i've previously said i don't like that lesta lured brenny away from celtic like that (it happened to lesta but o'neill was a true gent)

Because Celtic fans will find anything slightly wrong about Rangers to use as ammo. The fall and takeover of Rangers is just a great amount of said ammo (Although there was something similar that happened to Celtic around the mid 90s Though not to the extent of Rangers) Rangers fans are the exact same too. Still going about the child abuse claims of the 70s so it's basically tic for tac.

Could not of said it any better. If anything just a team other than Celtic or Rangers winning it would be good for the league. There would be a new focus on the third Scottish title contender and other teams will see some hope in winning it themselves. Although I agree that taking over the other teams would be viable in the long run. It's why the Irn Bru cup (basically the Scottish version of the checkatrade/Johnstone paint trophy) has been fairly popular to smaller Scottish teams. Then they add the u21 premier league teams which just gives them yet another trophy to potentially get then they add teams around the UK which ruins it even more since it just doesn't feel like a fuck off Celtic and Rangers cup and more like a muh inclusivity

You got any examples. I'm quite curious, I always thought it's mostly died down between those two

I like Celtic, but scot league is a great piece of shit. Celtic should join the English league or even create a British league but will never happen because"muh tradition"

Leicester is better than Celtic by a good distance.

"Better" maybe (debatable at this rate), not "bigger"

t. Fox

I wouldn't doubt it but that premier league win would definately stem new found fans globally especially newer fans which is the best demographic.

>no european trophy
>treble
So fucking cringe

I don't remember the last time Celtic were in the CL QFs
Leicester > Celtic

£80,000 per week is more than £25,000 per week.

Watford (and Leicester) would comfortably win the Scottish league.