How do you go from this

How do you go from this

Attached: soldier field before.jpg (1500x1194, 606K)

to this

Attached: Soldier Field After.jpg (1600x1065, 564K)

you just do I guess

and you get delisted from the US National Historic Landmark in 2006

All these owners want new stadiums. I don't really get it either Tbh.

it decreased the max capacity by 5500

>US
>Historic

More luxury boxes though

Fucking disgusting. Ruined a historical stadium

Fuck I miss the old stadium. I also miss being able to walk around Chicago without getting mugged and murdered.

Are you 80?

look at when it was first constructed retard

put a roof on it and it's almost a proper stadium

1924 isn't that historical

>Americans

True. Nothing historical about world wars and shit because they only happened about 100 years ago.

>roof

almost as disgusting as faux-roman chic

you still can

Was their an enormous uproar when they initially announced they would do such drastic renovations?

You're correct that stuff is historical. A stadium were they played a memey sports ball game isn't history that's important so you can build over and scrap that stuff

It was historical *relative* to what it looks like now. Besides, where is the litmus of what constitutes historical? 150 years? 200 years?

Who decides what is important history and what not? They should demolish the colosseum because they played a meme sport there also.

The city pays for it while they get to decide who huilds it

Yes

And it actually decreased the amount of seats? Yeah, the fucked up. The only think they gained was nicer press box and more suites.

People have been getting mugged and murdered in Chicago since the 19th century.

go back to sleep allu

I went to Fenway Park when I was in Boston and it was interesting and historic. I guess since they can't touch the stadium itself they bought up all the surrounding streets to increase revenue.

I wish Chavez Ravine would burn down

>nice green park
>no awful parking everywhere
>modern part is well designed
>neo-classic historical is preserved
>modern and historical parts match together
Soldier Field is one of the best NFL stadium

Attached: SF.jpg (1024x768, 164K)

Wow, it really does look like shit when you get a closer look.

Attached: 1024px-Soldier-Field-01.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

Soul
Soulless

My brother worked for the firm that did this and was part of team in charge of the stadium (though he was low-level at the time. He quit as soon as it was done and never put it on a resume. The backlash from it was real.

You should've just built another stadium nearby and leave the site as a historical landmark, like a park or something.

they don't pay for it

Sometimes people said the Kingdome has more soul than CenturyLink. Wonder if this holds true here.

>modern part is well designed
>neo-classic historical is preserved
>modern and historical parts match together
None of that was true

This. But real estate in Chicago is high and eventually the city would have decided it wasn’t fulfilling a purpose and built more affordable housing there so Tyrelle and JaVon could rob some more nearby convenience stores.

Historical buildings, especially land marks like that are protected in Finland. We are now stuck with olympic stadium built in 1938 forever because there's no need for another big stadium.

Attached: Olympiastadion_Helsinki.jpg (666x309, 119K)

Neither did

Seattle is a city transplants. 6/10 people you meet in Seattle weren’t born on Washington state. No soul at either place.

>I also miss being able to walk around Chicago without getting mugged and murdered

Christ. suburbs kid detected

fucking downs syndrome looking polacks, as long as you're not a clown Chicago isn't nearly as dangerous as your Naperville Schaumburg Southern Illinois fucksville retarded local news makes it out to be. Imagine thinking it's "too dangerous" to walk around River North or wrigleyville, lmfao

Attached: bored pepe.jpg (960x960, 75K)

You turn about 90 degrees counterclockwise

>singling out the waspiest northside neighborhoods
Those are basically the suburbs

was the old stadium really that much of a prize?

what the fuck were (((they))) thinking?

>He doesn't like the 'UFO lands in a stadium' look.

retard. it looks worse

Surrounding area looks terrible.

lmao that's pretty based.
What does Yea Forums think of are (((Aviva))) stadium, which replaced an older stadium.

Attached: Aviva.jpg (1680x1269, 575K)

What did the stadium before it look like because that think sticks out like a sore thumb relative to it's surroundings.

The second pic looks better imo

imagine actually living in Chimpcago lads
Imagine having to pay a entertainment tax on Netflix psn prime, sporting event tixs ect.
Imagine having to report all the miles you drive so you can pay taxes for them on the roads you built with your tax money
What an absolutely cucked state

Don't forget the part where that tax is going to a state that is literally bankrupt.

Shockingly few pics of its exterior. Probably because the old stadium was typically grim old Irish/British style stadium.

Attached: Old_Lansdowne_Road.jpg (900x529, 352K)

Why do people get asshurt when you point out obvious truths about their town

Chicago has been one of the most violent cities in the US for at least a decade

That looks awful relative to the city

As if there's any good football being played there.

Looks better in person senpai.
The best shots are across the river close to the o2

Naperville detected.

Looks like a giant greenhouse

da bears are back and the second coming of Mike Ditka will win the owl

real talk the newer one looks like better but damn chicago is a pretty good looking town overall credit where its due

much prefer new stadiums desu. my team had stands built in 1972, 1964, 1922, and 1906, plus two shitty old pubs, but all that old shit has been demolished since our new and based rich swiss owner has taken over the club. yes, the capacity has only increased 5,000 but we actually have more seats and some nice fancy cool boxes that offer great facilities including a clean gym and a coffee shop

Looks like the facade is about to get crushed by the bowl, or like it's trapped or something.

>my stadium needs a coffee shop

Attached: Imagine+being+such+a+brainlet+that+you+need+all+of+_35f7cbe844fed0c06fd63b81815abd9e.jpg (415x470, 39K)

coffee is a great way to get by while you're checking out the matches progress while within the company of your buddies.

Unironically soul v soulless

Do americans really not have coffee available at stadiums?

bahahahaah imagine thinking modern US city centers are dangerous, what a fucking hick coward dipshit, better stay out in the sticks then since it's ohhh sooo scary in the big bad city bahahaha

Why do American stadiums never have roof's?

They either go full dome or have completely open stands

seattle's is a mix of that

It actually looks good
t. architecture student

>architect student
Lol poorfag

This isn't true, and the roof is simply overrated anyway

/lifelong/s will remember the iggies vs da bears 88 playoff game

At least I live in an actual apartment that I own in an actual house, not a wooden shack or a trailer like half of the USA. And I'm doing urbanism so I'll have a certain job at the end and no student loans while I have time to work on the side a bit. I'm still poor as every student is, but it's pretty bright desu.

agree trash stadiums like the azteca need to be torn down

this. and asians don't have souls so they're immediately excluded

we fogbowl now

based