Why do people argue that he is the greatest of all time? He doesn't have the most championships...

Why do people argue that he is the greatest of all time? He doesn't have the most championships. He went to the finals a ton, but lost way more than he won. He got swept twice. He was never the best defensive player of his era. During his time, the Warriors became a dynasty. What is their argument?

Attached: 1526702654264.png (416x416, 344K)

>He was never the best defensive player of his era.
He's the only player in NBA history that could guard every position at an elite level

Only casuals make that argument. Quit giving them an audience.

Because he got memed really hard by ESPN and people can't think for themselves.

>Why do people argue that he is the greatest of all time
because he is

everyone knows iverson is the GOAT

Even Jeff Hornacek would dab on L3-6ron

>Why do people argue that he is the greatest of all time?
It's the equivalent of a "WE WUZ KANGZ" argument usually by the exact same people. He's barely even top 20 all time.

Not even fucking close, and certainly not at an elite level.

Yes, it was close, because it's true. From 2008-2013 he could guard ever player in the league. The only person who came close to that was Pippen, but I wouldn't trust him on some centers

He is honestly top 15 or so all time. People probably don't realize how shit competition was even up through the 90s.
People on this board fall for memes a lot.

My sides Lebron couldn't guard a prime Dwight Howard or any center of that caliber. He couldn't even guard an old Tim Duncan or Dirk either.

real double digit take hear folks

Show me prove he could guard a center in his prime. Don't get me wrong he could guard 1-4 in spurts but he could never guard a 5.

the thinking man’s GOAT

Attached: 67EBCF50-9E18-4DAF-8BA3-40E0BAE612C5.jpg (334x500, 53K)

Not even a top 3 at his position

>lebum

Oh please elaborate

First off their one on one defense isn't that important in the Nba. Second, nobody really guards bigs except other bigs, but usually they can't shoot outside the paint so it's not an issue.
And third he is a really good all around player, he works on his game and can shoot. If he played in Jordan's era he would actually have similar type stats as MJ because it was such weak compeition back then. I'm just saying he's underrated on this board.

Dr J, Durant, Pippen and LeBron.

People overrate him because he passes a lot. Every other star has been a pure scorer. Kobe/Curry/Durant. He’s different. They think his style would lead to championships more than being a selfish scorer. Obviously they’re wrong.

Because even 5 beats 3. Kobe has been the greatest after MJ.

Kobe has 3 Shaq rings

Shaq admitted to Kobe himself in an interview with both of them that he let himself go after the first ring. And he let Kobe carry him.

Kobe went to 3 finals after Shaq. He has 7 finals compared to Lebron’s 9.

>Dr J
overrated
>Durant
not there yet, but possible
>Pippen
lmaoing my ass off at your life
>Lebron
MAYBE a tie

>Shaq admitted to Kobe himself in an interview with both of them that he let himself go after the first ring. And he let Kobe carry him.
That doesn't change anything. Shaq was the best player in the threepeat. You could have replaced Kobe, you can't replace Shaq

>Not rating Pippen

Not over Bird off all people.

And Kobe stayed in the much tougher west. Shaq went to the East for his other ring.

It should be obvious to everyone that Lebron will have it much tougher in the west. Kobe played with multiple injuries at a time (Shoulder/Broken fingers/Knee) while Lebron won’t. He knew what it took to compete in the west so much that he literally killed himself to get to the playoffs resulting in the achilles tear.

Pippen had better longevity, better at defender, better playmaker

He wasn’t. Look at the numbers. It shows. Kobe contributed way more to the wins than Shaq. Shaq became the second star after the first.

The analytics that put Lebron on a pedestal proves Kobe’s case ironically.

> Kobe contributed way more to the wins than Shaq.
The only thing he contributed more in was shot attempts
>2001 NBA finals
Shaq: 33 points per game and 15 rebounds on 57% shooting
Kobe: 24 points and 7 rebounds on 41% shooting

Sorry mate. The numbers back Kobe. He contributed as much the first time and more after that.

Kobe wasn’t some 2nd or 3rd option. Shaq was 2nd option with Wade. Wade was 2nd option with Lebron. Kobe was never the 2nd option.

>the numbers
What fucking numbers? I just listed numbers that directly contradict that

Btw, Jordan in an interview himself said 5 beats 1 (at that time). Now its 5 beats 3. You aren’t fooling anyone and you certainly aren’t doing it when Jordan himself said it.

he has the best stats and has accolades to back it up

why would you judge one player primarily on team accomplishments

>Jordan says
Yeah, the guy who drafted Frank Kaminsky and Dwight Powell and Shabazz Napier. Don't you fucking realize that being good at playing a sport doesn't make you good at analyzing it?

You may not like it, but this is the goat.

Attached: scalabrine.jpg (1200x800, 92K)

you know what people who are scared that someone else threatens their legacy or shit?

yeah they bad mouth them to try push them down, jordan sayin the shit he says actually gives lebron the most credit

Dude you can't argue with retards. I've made the same mistake dozens of times on hear.

my scale is
MJ>Chamerblain(i think?, i didn't watch basketball in the 60s)>Lebron>Kobe>Bird

Correct

WCF

Which one?

>hear

Mj, wilt, bill Russell, magic, bird, kobe, olajuwon, shaq, kareem, curry
All better than Lefraud.
All these guys are champions. They want to win. Lebum wants a Hollywood career. He's been exposed. The only reason he went to the finals was because the east is a joke.
He comes to the west and gets cucked by the Lakers b team.

Russell is a fraud too. Winning in an 8 team league where your competition is made up of part-time taxi drivers doesn't count.

2012-2013 LeBron is pure Darth Vader core. He should have played the villain card much longer.

glad people are waking up to the fact that curry is better than lebitch

based poo dabbing on maori with logic and facts
maori eternally btfo

Attached: PooInLoo.png (640x639, 914K)

>rating lebron or MJ

Biggest meme players ever

Baylor is the true GOAT

Durant and Lebron are better than Bird, I'll give you that. The other two, no fucking way

>Why do people argue that he is the greatest of all time?
I have literally never heard anyone say that.

Oh god, can you imagine actually believing this?

Attached: 510E0C7F-FBDE-4D8F-9C3E-8ACD6CBB962D.jpg (852x480, 46K)

Swept twice?????

WRONG i know youre trolling but still i had to say it

>Kobe has been the greatest after MJ.
You misspelled Tim Duncan.

Anyone who can think for themselves realized he wasn't going to be the GOAT when the Heat lost the 2014 finals.

Yes, he could. But he never did.

He's a versatile defender but the guy you're looking for for that is Rodman, he actually was an elite defender at all 5 positions

OMG wow well if Jordan says it it must be true!
Pathetic

>that could guard every position at an elite level
Kek, he never even guards the best players even at his own position.
Bitches out guarding KD, Greek freak etc...

When is Lonzo gonna come out from my anus bros? The Lakeshit needs him because they are trash now

>le stat padding travel on every play and choke in the finals man

based

Attached: 1296347998969.png (684x800, 648K)

>lelbron better than bird
lmao no

Lebron isn't good.

LGTSS
>L3-6ron
>LeAirball
>LeBaby
>LeBabydick
>LeBald
>LeBandAid
>LeBench
>LeBeta
>LeBitch
>LeBlocked
>LeBoner
>LeBooty
>LeBrick
>LeBroken
>LeBronto
>LeBronze
>LeBrown
>LeBTFO
>LeBum
>LeButthole
>LeChimp
>LeChoke
>LeChuck
>LeCockroach
>LeCoon
>LeCrab
>LeCramp
>LeCuck
>LeDecline
>LeDiaper
>LeDick
>LeDiva
>LeDumb
>LeFail
>LeFlop
>LeFraid
>LeFraud
>LeGiveup
>LeGM
>LeGone
>LeHairline
>LeJUST
>LelBron
>LeMiss
>LeNeckstrain
>LeNigger
>LeNodad
>LeNotenoughhelp
>LePoop
>LeQueen
>LeQuit
>LeRefball
>LeRest
>LeRigged
>LeRoid
>LeShit
>LeSit
>LeShook
>LeSlip
>LeSoy
>LeStatpad
>LeSwept
>LeTears
>LeThargic
>LeTired
>LeTrash
>LeTravel
>LeTurnover
>LeWhine

Attached: 1465618224467.jpg (800x797, 198K)

Maximum kek

based and also redpilled

>Durant and Lebron are better than Bird
lel no

Except ESPN saying it on loop, the now going meme is "he's the second greatest player of all time behind Jordan"

>Pippen not a zillion times better than Lebron
Most zoomer post on the board right now