If Messi is the GOAT, how come he never had a performance like this?

If Messi is the GOAT, how come he never had a performance like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=iN0gsOIWQgw&t

Attached: R9 Hat Trick.jpg (634x498, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5A1Wml0M56c
youtube.com/watch?v=YN_-8jvRmVY
fourfourtwo.com/sg/performance/training/ronaldos-knee-cap-exploded-it-was-his-thigh
youtube.com/watch?v=bkeaw6ooyz0
youtu.be/VH1jecSETmo
youtu.be/LccDJzidnLY
youtube.com/watch?v=pVo5eMuYwK4
youtube.com/watch?v=eYTRk1-93kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Finally a new zealander who understand that being the GREATEST is about being great and not boring statpadding. It's about being a hero. It's about bringing that fucking out of this universe performance when it MATTERS not against huesca not against valladolid but in that moment when everyone needs you and you become a giant and fuck everyone up

Yeah, but then he choked against Juventus so it cancels each other out

>bragging about scoring a hat trick in the quarterfinals (the first knockout round in the 02/03 UCL season) when both of these teams didn't make it past the second knockout round is supposed to be impressive.

Actually I had in mind the world cup while I was writing that

This is what I had in my while I was typing that
youtube.com/watch?v=5A1Wml0M56c
youtube.com/watch?v=YN_-8jvRmVY

That performance was overrated as fuck. Barthez was awful.

The surest sign of greatness is that you almost fucking die like half a day before the World Cup final and your manager and team heads decide they still would rather have your barely conscious self in the team than the other guy because you're that good and that important to the team

Feel free to post a better individual performance

2002 Germany was fucking shit and barely scraped by USA and Worst Korea in the knockout rounds.

Excuses. Germany is germany. We were fucking shit in 2014 we were playing with >hulk >fred >luiz gustavo >bernard >oscar

Also if I recall correctly Kahn hadn't conceded any goals in the ko stage

Reminder that peter crouch has scored more CL goals than fatnaldo.

>le good for 2 (two) seasons man

reminder that ronaldo won a world cup after his kneecap literally exploded
fourfourtwo.com/sg/performance/training/ronaldos-knee-cap-exploded-it-was-his-thigh

le ignore he suffered career ending injuries retard

Having an explanation for your poor career does not change the matter of fact. He did not play at a high level for very long, and he did not win much. Did he have a valid excuse? Yes, but does that change the fact? No

only on Yea Forums can idiot argue that ronaldo and messi are shit players

>PSV (2 seasons)
averages 1 goal per game
wins Netherlands Cup, ending a 6-year drought
top scorer of the league in 1995

>Barcelona (1 season)
averages 1 goal per game
wins Spanish Cup, ending a 7-year drought
wins UEFA Cup, ending a 5-year drought, scores in the final
wins Spanish Supercup, scores twice in the final
wins 1996 Ballon D'or
top scorer of the league in 1997

>Copa America 1997
wins, scores 5 goals, named best player

>Inter pre-injury (2 seasons)
averages 1 goal per game
wins UEFA Cup, ending a 4-year drought, scores in the final
wins 1997 Ballon D'or

>Copa America 1999
wins, scores 5 goals, ends up top scorer

>gets injured at the beginning of the 3rd season at Inter, misses the 4th season entirely, comes back at the end of the 5th season

>World Cup 2002
averages 1 goal per game
scores twice in the final
amazing performance comparable to Pele in 1970, Maradona in 1986 and Zidane in 1998
wins 2002 Ballon D'or

>Real Madrid (5 seasons)
averages 2 goals every 3 games
wins 2 league titles
wins a Spanish Supercup, scores in the final
wins Intercontinental Cup, scores in the final
top scorer of the league in 2004

By the point he makes it to Milan he was basically done with his career. Not going to include his 1994 World Cup win because he barely played. Not going to talk about his career in Brazil because nobody cares about South American football. Let's leave it at that.

>10 seasons in Europe at top form, including his first year at PSV
>averages nearly 1 goal per game
>wins 3 Ballon D'or
>top scorer of the league 3 times
>wins 2 league titles but also 4 domestic cups whilst scoring in the finals
>wins 3 international titles with his clubs scoring in all the finals
>wins 1 World Cup and 2 Copa America while being top scorer

Attached: 1529577824130.jpg (620x420, 47K)

Germany were terrible in the Euros before and after 2002 so no, they were just fucking shit
Because they played against the mighty Paraguay, USA and Worst Korea to get to the final and barely won each of those games by 1 goal

here's a power ranking of the teams Brazil faced in 2002 based on their actual performance

England
Turkey
Turkey
Belgium
Germany = Costa Rica
China

as you can see Germany is not even top3 teams they faced in 2002.

Tbh, he scored 1 really good goal in that game, alongside one tap in caused by a fantastic R.Carlos run, and one fuck up by Barthez (anyone watching PL football in 03 would be well used to those).

Having said that, he is obviously the greatest striker the world has ever seen. In his late 90's early 00's best, he was unbelievable (coming from someone who watched him live).

Maybe he should've worked hard to prevent injuries instead of fucking trannies.

Strong mind

His career was good even with injuries. Of course I won't expect a new zealander zoomer that has no context of the history of football and is a goal/trophy counter to understand this.

Attached: ronaldo.jpg (324x569, 133K)

I mean that's fine and all, but now put it next to Messi and Ronaldo's career

ok dude, now you're just being some cringe idiot. how old are you, 14? You're just talking nonsense without any connection to reality

I know you're a 16 year old, but the forces Ronaldo put his body through when he made his runs and turns were extraordinary. Everyone has the bants about him being a fatass, but they don't realise this was caused by his breaking body rather than the reverse of his fatness causing his injuries. He literally wrecked his body giving the world 10 years of transcendental football.

Well, if you're comparing him to the legend that is Peter Crouch of course he's going to look bad, but who wouldn't?

As I said, you are a zoomer without any context of the game. You look at trophies and stats and go like "this be more then this be best" You can't interpret anything because you're just a casual talking out of your ass

He wrecked his knees and body with PEDs, anyone can run that fast if they were juiced up.

And you haven't provided any context yourself

why can't cristiano ronaldo win a best player award in ani nternational competition?

PEDs don't allow you to do stepovers at full running speed, nor hit the ball harder than any of your peers standing still, but you're doing it while sprinting at 25mph. Ronaldo had a unique way of hitting the ball, all the power came from his hips while keeping his knees straight (knee shock), while doing full speed stepovers wrecked his ACLs and MCLs.

Compare cr7 stepovers to fatnaldos. They're worlds apart.

Okay """boomer"""

CR7 is a fitter version of Ronaldinho. Messi is a fitter version of Maradona (and also has permanently played with some of the greatest footballers who have ever lived at Barca (Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez etc).

Ronaldo was head and shoulders better than all of those players, when considered for his impact as a pure goalscorer.

Why can't Messi win one?

PEDs allow you to train shit like stepovers more

but he did

I find it funny that you trophy counters only talk about long careers and muh consistency when it's messi or cristina but post D. Alves and suddenly it doesn't count and the excuses appear out of nowhere

Attached: a.png (1080x1080, 779K)

A lot of people consider Dani Alves to be the greatest the best right back of all time, including myself

>CR7 is a fitter version of Ronaldinho
what the fuck

I don't remember Maxwell at all

The impact this game had on the legions of sweaty ten year olds in primary school was tremendous. 97-05 Man U fanbase was absolutely insufferable, they go under the radar these days but long may it continue. Fuck all you horrible little ManU cunts, you all smell of stale Maccy Dee's

This was the best Ronaldo performance ever and possibly the best performance I've ever seen period.
Sorry for the facebook link but the youtube video was taken down by UEFA jews.
Remove the spaces and replace net with "com"
facebook. net /Beeko99 .Ronaldo.Aka.IlFenomeno/videos/ronaldo-memorable-performance-vs-lazio-uefa-cup-final-1998/1639476146080847/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Look at the history of football. the goats were never about who got the most raw total amount of trophies.
Example: Maradona
He is lauded because of his titles with napoli and leading his nation to a world cup

You can't just say titles don't mean anything though. People praise Maradona because of how important he was to the titles. Dani Alves was important to the titles he won, Maxwell wasn't, which is why no one pretends their close. When was the last time Messi or Ronaldo weren't key to one of their titles? Well over a decade ago

he played when abidal had injuries
was a solid player

preseason games such as charity shield or UEFA supercup shouldn't count as trophies desu

CR7 was a motivated cry baby romario that turned into a fit narcissistic oliver bierhoff

>Dani Alves
*blocks your path*

Attached: 1550592206559.png (1054x569, 55K)

He was Ibra's boytoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=bkeaw6ooyz0

>club world cup
>pre-season trophies
yikes

that beckham free kick tho. damn.

Messi is a choking faggot.
Spectacular player, but a choking faggot.
A choking fag will never be goat.

Amazed Edmundo didn't go on a shooting spree from that

Retard Albanian strikes again. UEFA cup final Ronaldo was (even) better

A doped up choking faggot. Shame they couldn’t prescribe him something to fix his weak mind

wish i would have been a soccer fan when he was still playing at a high level
i watch his highlights all the time, always wondering how great that early-2k era must have been for the fans

>PSV (2 seasons)
averages 1 pancake per game
wins Netherlands Eating Cup, ending a 6-year drought
top eater of the league in 1995

>Barcelona (1 season)
averages 1 paella per game
wins Spanish Eating Cup, ending a 7-year drought
wins UEFA Eating Cup, ending a 5-year drought, eats in the final
wins Spanish Super-Sized cup, eats twice in the final
wins 1996 Balloon D'or
top eater of the league in 1997

>Soda America 1997
wins, drinks 5 sodas, named best calories gained

>Inter pre-diabetes(2 seasons)
averages 1 pasta bowl per game
wins UEFA Eating Cup, ending a 4-year drought, eats in the final
wins 1997 Balloon D'or

>Soda America 1999
wins, scores 5 sodas, ends up top calorie gainer

>gets diabetes at the beginning of the 3rd season at Inter, misses the 4th season entirely, comes back at the end of the 5th season

>World Cupcake 2002
averages 1 confectionery per game
eats twice in the final
amazing eating comparable to Pele in 1970, Maradona in 1986 and Zidane in 1998
wins 2002 Balloon D'or

>Real Madrid (5 seasons)
averages 2 paellas every 3 minutes
wins 2 league eating titles
wins a Spanish Super-Sized cup, eats in the final
wins Intercontinental Eating Cup, eats in the final
top eater of the league in 2004

By the point he makes it to Milan he had lost a knee to diabetes and was basically done with his career. Not going to include his 1994 World Cupcake win because he was dieting. Not going to talk about his career in Brazil because nobody cares about South American eating competitions. Let's leave it at that.

>10 seasons in Europe at top eating form, including his first year at PSV
>averages nearly 1 sugary snack per game
>wins 3 Balloon D'or
>top eater of the league 3 times
>wins 2 league eating titles but also 4 domestic cupcakes whilst eating in the finals
>wins 3 international eating titles with his clubs eating in all the finals
>wins 1 World Cupcake and 2 Soda America while being top eater

Attached: fatfuck.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

It was fucking terrible
Ronaldo didnt play for most of the early 00s and after that he was nothing special

the speed and intesity of the european game isn't as frantic as it is now, but he was clearly a step above everybody else it was a joy to watch.
The only player performances that comes anywhere close are prime messi tearing real to bits

youtu.be/VH1jecSETmo

Still no one posted a superior game

Every other game not involving el fenomnomnomnomeno ever

I swear to God it's all twain debating against himself with different proxies ITT

le twain boogeyman xD

>If Messi is the GOAT

Attached: Ronaldo.jpg (594x396, 95K)

Attached: golden ball.png (697x252, 23K)

I meant win an international title you fucking incel. Also that was a farce. Robben and Muller were way better

too bad Hamez got eliminated so early. Anyway that competition made him rich as fuck

Attached: 2014-6-MessiHeader.jpg (653x260, 57K)

>the bulldozer of Bosnia
>the irritant or Iran
>the nightmare of Nigeria
wowers zoewrs hes tha goat!!!

His hattrick against Valencia in 96/97 was better

youtu.be/LccDJzidnLY

His acceleration was insane

>Against Valencia
No. Manchester United were the champions of England, at Old Trafford, in the second leg of a CL game

zero PLs

More like Adidas force injected him with drugs to get him back on his feet because they didn't want to lose money.

> not rating coppa eufa
The absolute state of zoomer.

There are too many of them. Messi single handedly won games against Milan, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, PSG, City etc.

lmao sure

he's right but well...your autism is too strong

None of the games he played against any of those teams are better than Ronaldos

ronaldo only did one hat trick, it was against barthez, in a game he lost.

>the vanquisher of valladolid

>Zidane has the most impressive play on Madrid's first two goals
lol

>Messi fitter version of Maradona

How come Messi never missed a sitter after sitter in a WC final?

Attached: Ronaldo.webm (788x436, 1.22M)

How come Messi never scored a goal in a WC final?

>he lost
He won the tie. That's like saying Neymar played like shit when he scored a brace against Bayern

Didn't have prime Ronaldinho and Rivaldo to spoonfeed him. Also happened to play a final against a vastly superior opponent.

>Ronaldinho and Rivaldo at their prime in 2002

Showing your age there zoomer

Nice speech....up 3-1 on aggregate. This match was really never in jeopardy.

based, Brazilians shilling for Pele are cringe af

Ronaldo is the GOAT

That is UEFA Cup Final you retarded bong.

>the speed and intesity of the european game isn't as frantic as it is now
We must have been watching different sports because I remember football being way faster in the 98-2005 period than it is now.

>Messi single handedly won games against Milan
Against the worst Milan team of all time sure.
Against a half-decent team 36yo grandpa Nesta made him his bitch and he needed fake pens to score lmao.

He's not right see 36yo Nesta made Messhit his bitch for 4 games straight all within the same season.

>4 posts in a row
Autism

>Messi never missed a sitter after sitter in a WC final?
He literally did
youtube.com/watch?v=pVo5eMuYwK4

Of course you degenerate zoomers don't even watch football matches.

based match

Shut up Gypsyproxyfag.

fuck me that beckham free kick. that was pure frustration of being left out

They had already a 3-1 advantage, is not like stakes were that high.

United scored 4 goals

Man of the match here was David Beckham.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 117K)

I'm glad you are satisfied with the service

Based

Now do one for Ronaldinho

You are such a pathetic lowlife its no surprise your parents probably tried to abort you. Enjoy what will most likely be a short lived life of underwhelming dissatisfaction that you thinly mask to yourself as content mediocrity. You are a fucking loser. My comrades and I will forever look down at you for the rest of your morbid, arbitrary, nothing existence. Such is the life of a Manchester United fan. A loser like you just simply couldn't understand. I like that you were bullied as a child.

This was actually originally posted by an argentine dude. I turned it into a pasta

Based, Pele had nothing on him. So sad for that injury as he was a really positive likeable player.

DID YOU KNOW that only two people ever scored hat tricks against Ferguson's Man Utd at Old Trafford?

The other one, Dennis Bailey in 1991.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYTRk1-93kQ

and? crouchy is a legend in his own right

fuck off!

I never heard a commentator say "big match man Messi"

levels to this shit

They were down all the time until the end. Is not like theu scored 4 goals first and were 4-0

>missed one in 120 mins
>compared to Ronaldo's 3 in 45 mins

>people in this thread
you have to a massive brainlet to not rate fatnaldo

>amerifat talking about "soccer" like he knows "soccer"
bruh, you embarrass me

based

>comparing the 30 year old, fat, post-2-knee-reconstructions ronaldo to a roided up, never injured, in his prime messi

I forgot how good Casillas used to be