What is Yea Forums's opinion of this notable sports figure? Are sports more important than not raping little boys?

What is Yea Forums's opinion of this notable sports figure? Are sports more important than not raping little boys?

Attached: paterno.jpg (1200x831, 221K)

complete dumbass. could have saved his own skin decades ahead of time

He is still guilty by association since he knew Sandusky was fucking little boys behind his back. Who cares if he's one of the well known amateur handegg managers ever, he still remembered for covering up all those molestation cases.

did nothing wrong, fuck the liberal media trying to tarnish his name

Please expand upon your views. It's my understanding that Paterno was aware of the ongoing pederasty and did nothing to stop it. And clearly if this is true, then he is indefensible.

Are you saying that he was unaware of the ongoing pederasty, or would you instead say that this is a false choice, or something else?

why are all the college coaches so corrupt

Because the NCAA itself is corrupt; it is a culture of corruption. This is what my dad has always said, anyway.

you literally cant rise to ncaa head coach without being a complete piece of human fucking trash

its a yikes from me

who cares about some random nobodies? they'll be forgotten to history while Joe Pa is going to be remembered as a legendary football coach

Who are the random nobodies that you refer to?

>Joe Pa is going to be remembered as a legendary
child rape king

Wichita St.’s Greg Marshall is a nice guy. My family was his direct neighbors.

the victims

that stuff is pretty much already forgotten now that State is a top program again. only Sandusky's memory will pay for it

Thank you for your honesty, which demonstrates your moral depravity. Please help me understand exactly why it is that sports are more important than not raping little boys.

Do you have the slightest idea what a moral and ethical principle is?

>that stuff is pretty much already forgotten now
m8...

you mean the millionaire who has a vested interest in seeming like a nice guy seems like a nice guy? NO WAY

Your dad is right. The whole thing is based on lies, coverups are just another part of the business.

>direct counterexample from personal experience
>h-he was just faking it!
fuck off

And he would be lauded as a great person and have others try to follow that lead. He knew when Sandusky started. Dude was too powerful not to know every little thing. I bet Sandusky was doing a pedo ring and got nailed before they started digging into whether other high level PA officials (government and otherwise) were in on it. A DA was investigating in the early 2000s and ended up missing.

Where's WSGS these days? He was his most ardent defender way back when

lol. i'm sure "my family was his direct neighbors" guy has a complete and unabridged knowledge of greg marshall's depth of character.

lmao.

>moral depravity
it's not (only) mine, i'm just telling you the reality of the situation. the child rape scandal is a distant memory now, and it is objectively more important to society to have a successful and lucrative Penn State. why else would the NCAA start rescinding their initial sanctions after only a year and continue to do so for the next two?

regardless, the damage had been done and hurting Penn State further wouldn't help anything. it was misplaced justice.

he reported it to school officials, not his fault they didnt do anything about it. plus, his job is to coach a football team, not to check up what his staff does on their free time

>Are sports more important than not raping little boys?

Yes

So you furthermore openly admit your own moral depravity, minimizing/rationalizing what you know to be wrong, with a cynical and not-wrong observation about larger society. You even provide something of an actual answer to my question, though even more cynically. Again, I appreciate your candor as much as I abhor your person.

JoePa did nothing wrong.

>cynical
you mean "pragmatic"
a right-and-wrong mentality only goes so far

coming from a guy who lumped every ncaa coach under the description of human trash despite having never met any. lmao.

>state is a top program again
>3rd in their division
>lost at home to anemic Michigan State

k bud

He literally raped children and he's literally being tortured in hell, and every single scum Pennsylvanian will join him

they should come up with some sort of law enforcement group that acts on behalf of the public who you can contact when extreme acts are perpetrated against people who can't protect themselves.

if such a thing existed, then you'd be wrong, but alas, school officials are the only possible option when serial rape is occurring in your place of work.

Senial retard that should have been held accountable for turning the cheek and enabling Sandusky to use Penn State facilities as a recruitment tool to sexual assault boys.

Winning at all cost for more shekels.

Kek James Franklin chokes, that much we know. Penn State gets made fun of at every road game. Nobody will ever let them forget.

Attached: 4ED8E8DB-4094-48E9-A8AB-5397AE7FE0D0.jpg (220x229, 12K)

Shitheads want to blame him more than the person who actually did the crime

Allowing it to go unchecked is just as bad.

One had a statue moved and the other is going to die in prison. JoePa didn't see any consequences. Though which is worse, the man who commits the crimes because he has rot in his brain, or the man who thinks it's ok because football?

>muh statue muh vacated wins
JoePa got off easy. He died before things got worse for him.

he (posthumously) got those wins back, too. wouldn't surprise me if, not a statue, he gets, if not another statue, then a plaque or part of a stadium named after him eventually

pedophilia is the new frontier of tolerance, bigot

Wrong

>JoePa didn't see any consequences.
It killed him

>the man who thinks it's ok because football?
Link to source where Paterno condoned rape?

>JoePa got off easy.
Sure man

as someone who lives in penn state country,
>first of all, kill me
the cult of football that people describe in the documentaries, movies, etc is 100% accurate, at least half the fanbase still thinks he did nothing wrong and that it was fabricated

you are what's wrong with america. absolutely disgusting.

Emiliano Sala death was not an accident

He literally did all the law asked of him

It was just banter, and they were probably asking for it anyway.

Right. Nobody said JoePa should be thrown in prison, but that doesn’t mean he still isn’t a scumbag.

more like sandusky is forgotten and people only want to blame paterno
btw you're a soft fucking pansy
>kill me
i think you should kill yourself instead.
>waah i have to live in "penn state country" where people like football

found the yinzer

People like you hate yourselves so much you actively drag other (better people) down to your level

TMZ level shit

>not forced to live in rural Pennsylvania
>hate myself
Pick one and only one

so people have no moral responsibilities outside of what they are legally required to do?

you're talking to multiple people and i'm not even that guy, but who exactly are "people like you" and why do they hate themselves?

>Penn state country
Grim

[rhythmic slapping intensifies]

>thinking ethics or morality are worth anything in 2019
oof

Attached: duncan.jpg (600x614, 82K)

>ethics and morality is meaningless
Thanks Drumpf

I don't live in PA, not even a PSU fan

"Moral responsibilities" invariably ends up meaning "you should do what I say"

Look in a mirror

so people have no moral responsibilities at all?

where are you from?

You're more concerned with Paterno's "moral responsibilities" than Sandusky's

Says a lot about u

no, fool, i'm not. sandusky will burn in hell, that's not in dispute. we're talking about paterno and you're deflecting questions you don't have answers to. what the hell are you doing? are you aware that it's legal to change your mind when you're wrong?

>misplaced justice
Explain

>you're deflecting questions

You're doing the deflection by talking about Paterno instead of Sandusky

the sandusky issue is a settled matter. he's a piece of shit and doing effective life without parole. paterno is a man people still defend. people like you, with no moral compass or sense of social responsibility.

the only post itt worth reading

Which is interesting he was regarded as squeaky clean before this. He had the power to get Sandusky out, obviously could have reported it and his and the team's reputation wouldn't have been damaged if they did it immediately when they found out. Unless he was in on it there was no reason to keep it a secret

but it is, this isnt tumblr