Why don't sports teams use supercomputers to calculate the best tactical decisions and transfers?

Why don't sports teams use supercomputers to calculate the best tactical decisions and transfers?

Attached: 330px-IBM_Blue_Gene_P_supercomputer.jpg (330x219, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VujGNQpRjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If supercomputers are so great why don't they have their own team?

because there arent any supercomputers on the pitch, only low iq individuals

This thread was attempted before. Conclusion: Yea Forums are brainlets and the thread will die to be replaced by another ronaldo vs messi thread

Could a supercompuer unlock Sanchez?

boss();

>work in a data center
>some retard dumped salt in the humidifier because it would make the room '''more dry'''
>all the equipment is rusting and we have to replace them
Thanks for subscribing

because being a manager is all about the connections, not skill

Is a computer a horse

Computers are good in many ways, and a supercomputer properly programmed could probably coach better than anyone on this board. However, there are a number of downsides to them.
>1: they have to be programmed
Computers can’t do anything on their own, and they would always be subservient to the programming someone put into them. They’d be stuck in certain parameters and would only be able to calculate off of probability. That’s still better than most everyone, but good coaches would be able to game that (look how easy it is to exploit AI everywhere else, you think spirts would be different?) or go beyond it. You would never get a computer calling plays like Matt Nagy would, for example
>2: they are bound to the data given to them
By all statistical analysis, Tom Brady should not have been drafted. BB is one of the GOAT coaches so of course he’s an outlier, but coaches should always be working towards perfection, and a truly great coach will be able to pick up things based on observation that no amount of data could tell a computer
>3: motivation would be an issue
If I’m an athlete, I want to have a rapport and understanding with a human calling my plays. If a machine is telling your players to do things they don’t want to, you’ll quickly run into problems.
>4: a compuer v computer game would devolve quickly
Computers, if left to coach against one another, would end up choosing “optimal” routes against one another, and unless the information given is reviewed and applied by someone, would result in formulaic, predictable, and ultimately worse coaching. The human element of unpredictability, resulting from our limited knowledge and ability to make bad decisions, means that I can’t be sure you will always pick the statistically best route forward, giving you an advantage. You could very well do something stupid I wasn’t prepared for and run through my legs. Two machines going up against one another would never do that.

In a sport where stats/averages are so important like boreball, then maybe.
There are too many incomputable variables that occur during a game of football for a supercomputer to give accurate results

youtube.com/watch?v=-VujGNQpRjQ

just feed the live game results to the computer while the match is happening

Because it doesn't take super computer power.

money constraints

I do use a super computer, it's called my brain

>money constraints
Not for clubs like Real Madrid, Man utd, Barca, PSG ect

There's an unalterable disparity between knowing what the right decision is and having the ability to execute it properly.
Where humans are the performers, this will never be changed.

It requires enormous amount of power to even run these things even more if you want them to work on data. Think of the electricity bill for a supercomputer that has to run every day for a year. Who would supply power to it in the first place?

because machines cannot detect innate qualities and characteristics
for instance, you could be the most talented player in the world but have an absolute shit work ethic
a computer would see this as the "best" player, because there are no metrics for a player's mentality

Attached: drwily2.png (620x300, 115K)

can supercomputers understand players mentality and team chemistry?

lmao, no. Supercomputers cost like £1 million in energy per year which any big club could pay

well is it dry now????

Arsenal decided to sign players based on stats: Shkodran Mustafi, Gabriel Paulista, Granit Xhaka, Mohammed Elneny
It worked so well.

((((super computers)))))
good goy

You buy processor time on someone else's supercomputer instead of building your own. Any club in a major league in a first world country can afford to do it but short of machine learning tactics off bulk video footage I can't think of what they would be doing that actually needs more computing power than an ok desktop.

Because you need to quantify performance somehow, which is not possible in football.