Pay the players

Pay the players.

Attached: 1542823884257.jpg (992x558, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/
eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/07/22/emmanuel-mudiay-notches-12-million-contract-in-china/12997021/
usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/02/21/nba-draft-eligible-age-limit-proposal-18-years-old/2942228002/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They can go fuck themselves and play in Bosnia for a year if they want

If you actually went to college you'd know they're getting compensated plenty.

these players would be worth millions on the open market

Duke is paying 50k a month for an insurance policy that will pay him 8 million if he doesn't get drafted.

Zion doesn't "go to college" he plays basketball for a college team. His scholarship is worthless. People are paying $3k for a lower bowl seat to see him play.

>6'7
>285lbs
>18 years old

How is that literally even possible? When I was 18 I as at most 6ft and 130lbs.

Just let them go to the NBA, it applies to like 4 kids a year

Of course I despise SJW colleges so paying athletes and destroying college athletics would be OK with me

Then take that up with Silver and the NBA. It’s the NBA’s silly rule that they can’t go bro straight from high school.

Fucking sluts and living something similar to the high school experience of you're a chad is not being compensated. Stop pretending they're getting a good education.
If he's smart he'll hang it up and not play til the draft, who cares what some never will be nerds think

That’s their prerogative. They’re the ones culpable for any discussion of whether the NCAA should pay the players or not.

Surely even NCAA bootlickers would at least be happy with players getting minimum wage? Give them 400 dollars a week during the season

They get their tutions paid which can cost over 6 digits, they get free meal and housing, and they never have to worry about failing due to college dick sucking of them.
Fuck off.

sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Players like him get way more than pussy and free classes. They're almost always paid cash plus cars. Then add in jobs and houses for parents to live close by.

If the NCAA could get rid of this issue long term by throwing peanuts to the athletes, they'd do it in a heartbeat, but 400 a week isn't going to make this go away when the profits have as many zeros as they do.

Lol you didn't know? Boosters pay these people all the time

They get a free education dude. Most players don't end up going to NBA, or any professional league for that matter, so that athletic scholarship is a massive stepping stone in life towards whatever they want. If players want to get paid to play then can to Europe or China for a year.

What you're missing out on is that basketball and football aren't the only sports played at the collegiate level. There are dozens of other sports in the NCAA and not all can afford to, or even need to, pay their tennis or soccer team. It's just not how the system works.

No they're not, the ncaa is strict with that so stop with these lies
Hope college sports dies soon

>Stop pretending they're getting a good education.

They have the opportunity to get a good education, not all of them take it. Some Ahletes frequently skip classes, or get their grades waived by professors. They are rewarded handsomely for their talent.

>shit sports should be funded by nor profitable sports
kys commie

>free education
Considering they lose their scholarship if their focus isn't solely on the sport, stop making it seem like the college focuses in any way on their actual education

>reading comprehension

>Considering they lose their scholarship if their focus isn't solely on the sport

And smart kids lose their scholarships if their focus isn't completely on class. College isn't that hard, and professors almost always are willing to give athletes extra time on assignments if sports are getting in the way of their classwork. The bottom line is that most pro-bound atheletes don't take school seriously because they know they're getting that paycheck after college.

No one cares about smart kids, the college doesn't make billions off them
It's always funny how useless jobless NEETs are always so determined to defend the NCAA because they're unironically bandwagoners of some school they'll never attend

the amount of student athlete cocksuckers in this country is disgusting lol. schools pump money into their athletics while their academics suffer.

>he thinks these athletes go to class
Oh how naive you all are

You're a dumb nigger dude. I'm currently a college senior and I work part time.

>No one cares about smart kids, the college doesn't make billions off them

College is supposed to be education you fucking retard. Intelligent people go to college to learn, and many of them go on to produce research for academia or contribute the economy after graduation. Colleges were not founded for the purpose of becoming farm leagues for pro sports. And yes colleges can make billions off of smart kids because some of those kids have to pay for their own educations (or get the government to do it).

Most of them do because 99% of players aren't going to the NBA or NFL. There are plenty who don't attend class, get put on academic probation and lose their scholarships. IT IS VERY COMMON. The ones who know sports are their one shot at a decent education take advantage, the rest treat it day care.

You're not intelligent. No one cares or will ever care what you do. Stop pretending you care about the academics, you're just some loser fanboy of a team, a dickrider
The kind of pathetic fag who goes on about being alumni because you have nothing going for you in life
Eliminate college sports, you should agree with that going by your post

No racism allowed

>projecting this hard
I don't even watch college sports you fucking idiot.
>Eliminate college sports

NO YOU DUMB NIGGER. COLLEGE SPORTS DOES NOT EXIST FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BEING A FARM LEAGUE.

College athletics are a tradition just like high school sports are. Should high schools no longer be allowed to have sports teams too? College sports are considered extra-curricular activities just like a debate club, a fraternity, or a chess club. You're an absolute fucking brainlet who probably never even went to college.

I didn't say anything racist. There are black and white kids who need college athletics to get a decent education, just like there are black and white kids who fuck up in college and lose their scholarships.

can't they just go to europe or china if they want to get paid

College isn't supposed to be anything. It just is what it is. Some people pay to drink and make friends, some people pay because they don't want to disappoint their parents, some people pay because they think it's what you're supposed to do after high school, some people pay to look at submolecular particles through billion dollar microscopes. I "paid" because I got free money to go for being poor and scoring in the 99.9th percentile on some dumb three letter test.

In theory they could, but most players are still teenagers so their parents probably wouldn't agree to send them overseas with no supervision.

Is this you user?

Attached: 71lrPEdwT3L._SY879_.jpg (340x879, 28K)

>College isn't supposed to be anything.

No, college is supposed to be a place of higher learning. Saying "it is what is" is a useless trite phrase. You go to learn whether that be for learning's sake or a job opportunity.

>it would be irresponsible for you to go abroad for a year and make more than what's necessary to pay for a college education many times over
these people are retarded
eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/07/22/emmanuel-mudiay-notches-12-million-contract-in-china/12997021/

Juice

It's just about the maturity of the players. Not every kid can handle that level of freedom and money. You also get more exposure at home and don't have to deal with the culture shock of living in a foreign place.

it's retarded. they can handle the freedom and money after a year of college? fuck no, that's why so many nba players end up bankrupt. a responsible parent would get them to play abroad then beat them into putting enough money away for them to live on if things go tits up.

>you can mature a lot in one year
Fuck off

>muh projection
lmao loser

They should let college players choose to recieve either a salary or an education, not both, that way kids who want to receive an education get one and all the dumb jocks get paid and don’t have to waste everyone’s time going to class and otherwise corrupting what is supposed to be an institution of learning and higher education.

This. Especially if they’re 18 when they graduate high school, which is most of them.

Attached: 07EADD4D-FF0C-4FFD-B043-9E2DA7889934.jpg (758x602, 225K)

I feel like the majority of people who want ncaa players to be paid are the same who think college should be free when the colleges are gonna need to get the money somewhere
Reckon nba should just get rid of one year rule and ncaa should stay how it is imotbhwymfa

It can only be what it is. Just because you feel like it should be a place of higher learning doesn't make it that in reality.

>play for free because we'll teach you how to manage money
the mental gymnastics with fans of college sports is hilarious

That's not what I said you faggot.
>they can handle the freedom and money after a year of college? fuck no,

I didn't say it did. My point is that if kids can't the handle the "stress" of going to class and going to the gym for a few years then handing them millions of dollars and a plane ticket to Asia probably isn't going to work out too well either.

>a responsible parent would get them to play abroad then beat them into putting enough money away for them to live on if things go tits up.

A reponsible parent would also want them to get a education just in case this pro ball thing doesn't work out as is the case for 99% of players. Not every kid is actually good enough to attract attention from overseas, and if a kid is league-bound he often doesn't mind waiting the year and getting a taste of the celebrity life while in school. What you also don't seem to realize is that hundreds of players do in fact go overseas to play AFTER they finish their education. You can't play basketball until you're 50, so they might need a regular job at some point in their lives.

As I already said, I don't watch college sports.
>Just because you feel like it should be a place of higher learning doesn't make it that in reality
That quite literally is college is in reality. Every college has that as it's mission statement in some shape or form. You're not making any actual point and are just spouting dumb platitudes.

>They should let college players choose to recieve either a salary or an education,

They can't do that because of Title IX. Basketball and Football are not the only sports that exist in colleges. Female basketball players would complain that they aren't getting their "fair" share. If they pay basketball and football players they have to pay everyone else too.

Attached: Title IX.png (543x549, 59K)

This website has anime in its mission statement, but here we are discussing the financial implications of the most 3D shaped nigga in existence breaking his shoe while playing basketball for an educational institution. Real life isn't static.

Why is the american system so retarted ? Why don't you have youth leagues with teams instead of schools?Just make multiple divisions and in the first you have the pro teams for youth players.Why is it always schools/collge until they turn pro and then go into a league ?
This system is so confusing,also your college system is rigged aswell.

PS:Tanking/salary cap is also dumb

Attached: 1509492820415.jpg (403x403, 53K)

Because the history of our colleges. All our sports were created by colleges and college students. Basketball was created by a canadian professor in an American university. American football was pioneered by American and Canadian universities. Only baseball wasn't created in colleges.

>Yea Forums is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography. Users do not need to register an account before participating in the community. Feel free to click on a board below that interests you and jump right in!

Anime is what the site was founded to discuss, but it naturally branched into other topics. For comparison my college was founded as a small teacher's college after the civil war, but it eventually evolved into a full fledged university. Sports are also something that can be part of learning experiences. Athletes go to college to learn from and play with better coaches and teammates than they had in high school. Just like regular students go to college to learn from instructors who are more educated than their high school teachers.

School sports are amazing and fun desu. Don't bash it until you try it.

ThisEuroleagues were founded from the very start to be professional leagues. Our college sports started out basically as pick up games between students and even faculty. We have cultural reasons for our sports just like you do yours.

they can make money overseas then pay for their education though. there's no law saying you can't get one at any age. college sports are retarded.

if you knew anything you'd get that they are barely compensated but makes millions and millions and millions for others.
you have to be pretty young to be impressed with what these guys are given. it's a one-way relationship and they are truly the losers.

the myth that keeps students from getting upset about athletic slavery
protip: it isn't 1985 anymore

Lol only basketball really pays alot young Americans and not even all of them. College sports aren't just basketball. State universities cover any sport yoi can think of

>They get a free education dude.
lol they need to study to benefit from that free education

>Female basketball players would complain that they aren't getting their "fair" share.
So how many scholarships do you think female football players get?
Surely if title IX is so strict, they have to get the same opportunities as men, right?

>they can make money overseas then pay for their education though. there's no law saying you can't get one at any age.

That's true, but some people just wanna go to college and have fun while they are young. As long as they don't get injured graduating at 22-24 still leaves plenty of time play professionally.
>college sports are retarded.
No, nigger. As I have I said for the millionth time, college sports do not exist for the sole of being farm leagues. They exist so that college students can play sports. A very tiny fraction of players ever go pro, the point of college sports so that people who played sports as kids in middle and high school can play sports as young adults in college. Get it through your head.

>So how many scholarships do you think female football players get?

The female kickers who make D1 teams get the same benefits as the men.

That's their fault. Most of them get meme degrees like communications or sports management anyway.

>implying they learn anything
>implying they are getting stem degrees
fuck you

I'm leaving the thread for now as I have to drive home from school. I'll argue with you faggots more in like 2 hours.

Attached: 1522033382226.png (800x600, 289K)

I study electrical engineering and we have one student athelete with us.
He is always getting Cs and B-s. Better then doing a meme major tho

>School sports are amazing and fun desu. Don't bash it until you try it.
I am not saying it is not.But what I don't understand why don't you make local town team(where everybody can join with born in the same year) and then play in your local league.And if you win local league you progress to best of the state/country.
This way talent is more concentrated and you have to improve to climb the ranks.

If you are talent at young ages in europe,you will get offers to move to big clubs.In the US you have to stick with your school and maybe limit your potential,because the team/training/coach sucks.Never understood this,seems so strange compared to everyone else.

We do have that. It's just not big enough. My township has bunch of sports teams and they play agianst other townships. School sports however are just mpre popular. The exception is maybe minor league. Minor league basbeall is more popular than college baseball and little league is kinda a youth league

That's just not how our system works.

Because the school already does that for the most part.

You can switch school/college. Some players who want to be pro tranfer from a meme college to a big name sport college like Duke or Ohio State where they get more media and pro sport attention whioe having much better coac hing staff

I'm sure there's no fuckery with nick Saban owning a car dealership. Or that top recruits show up on campus with tricked out rides.

>he doesnt know
lmao, you are retarded if you think the school wont give them a free pass to these people who net them millions of dollars

It’s an antiquated thing bloated to an obscene level. Fuck the NCASlaverA

Retired players let the secrets out. I think Charles Barkley said on camera he called his university and told them to offer dirk 350k to play at their school. He mentioned that would be a bargain. But dirk joined military for a year etc

don't pay the janitors

Attached: he cute.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>ncaa is evil arguement being memed on e!spn

I agree they are shit but man calm down with this narrative. its fucking annoying

You might delay your athletic development by like a few months if your team/training/coach sucks, but you get so much more exposure in college than you would being on the bench in the NBA or playing for some random pro team. The Zion hype has rocketed over these past few months to where he's probably the most hyped prospect since LeBron. He wasn't at that level coming out of high school, and he wouldn't have been that if he was playing for some pro team that isn't on national TV twice a week like Duke is.

Pay the players wouldn't be a problem if we simply got rid of the retarded NBA rookie infrastructure. Reverse the decision of preventing teams from scouting high schoolers.

Luka does just fine having played pro since like fucking 14

The problem is that Luka is basically Euro-Zion. He's a prodigy, literally a gift from the Basketball Gods. If you go to Europe as a high schooler and try to develop in the euro league and then you DONT end up as one of the best rookies of all time, then your chances of going to the NBA are worse than if you were drafted from out of university in America

>narrative

It's happening.

usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/02/21/nba-draft-eligible-age-limit-proposal-18-years-old/2942228002/

Is an Janitor an NCAA athlete?

Attached: 144484738354.jpg (436x467, 49K)

Being able to learn from Coach K for a year is easily worth a few hundred thousand dollars.

Schools are for learning.
Colleges are taking advantage of cheap labor. Its a scam.

just let the 18 year olds get drafted
there would still be tons of good players in college, not "once-in-a-lifetime" talent but still good players who need a place to develop

The obvious and simple solution is getting rid of the amateurism rules. Athletes are the only "students" on scholarship that can't make money off of their skills or any money at all really. Like the guy who played football and also had a successful youtube page had to either quit football or stop youtubing. It's fucking stupid.

he injects whoremoans in his body

>getting rid of the amateurism rules
then the colleges and NCAA lose power. not happening.

>Like the guy who played football and also had a successful youtube page had to either quit football or stop youtubing. It's fucking stupid.

I never heard about that. What's the story? I don't believe college kids should paid more than they already are for playing, but any income not related to the school shouldn't be a problem.

paying them might be too far, at least let them make money off their name selling autographs or some small percentage from videogames.

Still a fraction of what they bring into the school

>Free tuition
Wah my life is so unfair

The 99.99% of student athletes who aren't 1 and done basketball players 100% get compensated exactly what they deserve. Its so hard to feel bad for guys that will make more money in ~10 years than most people make in their lives, some of them purely because they were born with tall-people genes. Almost everyone else in the country would take a free ride at Duke or UNC for the slight chance of tearing your ACL or some shit in a heartbeat.

Imagine blaming the NCAA for a dude's shoe being faulty. Should we start giving money to high school athletes who get injured and aren't able to make it to college or pro level play? What if Zion broke his leg his senior year? What would we do then?

Waaah! I'm gonna make $40million+ in the NBA but I NEED ANOTHER $100k OR SO RIGHT NOWWWWW!
Just take your year of living like a god, being showered in free shit, and banging hot chicks before becoming a professional athlete and making millions of dollars, and shut the fuck up already. So tired of hearing these faggots whine.

lot of anticapitalist commies in this thread