Why is Scottish football so shit?

Why is Scottish football so shit?

Attached: 83B947A5-1B50-47F9-99DC-3E7CC0FBC6C6.png (640x1136, 137K)

>Android
lmao

We’re a nation of 5 million people. The fact that our football is even relevant enough in the first place for you to ask this question is an accomplishment.

Champions League triumphs:

France: 0
Scotland: 1

ughhhhh

>Android
lol fag

"nation"

"people"

>icucks

Croatia has 4 million. That is not excuse

Croatia has less and Dynamo qualified

"relevant"

ITT:seething englpakis and chinks

I just feel bad for the kids (male) that will suffer because of this result

Zagreb were playing a literal dogshit team. Celtic were playing a La Liga team that were in the CL a few months ago

>Leltic go out (as they should, because they're shit)
>It's the English who are seething

Celtic went out to fucking AEK in the summer, which is currently 3rd in Greece

Panama had less and qualified for a WC, fucking Scott.

I just feel bad for the Scots (people) that will suffer because of this result

Simply a fluke

In thr worst qualifying region in the world. Scotland would qualify comfortably in that shithole confederation

Wales has 3 mil and got to the semis of Euro 2016.
Scotland were literally the only British isles team not to even qualify.

isn't that a good result for Celtic?

do people really think they're at the same level as Valencia?

Half of Wales' squad are Engpakis

>irish club gets btfo
>it’s the scots that get mocked by spee

Attached: B821B752-FE5F-49FF-B433-E201D83FB0B4.jpg (279x312, 19K)

Attached: dabman.webm (1280x720, 1.64M)

>1-0 away from home with 10 men

surprised it wasn't 4 or 5-0 desu, celtic played alright

ireland is irrelevant in football, you don't make fun of moldovans when one of their clubs get rekt

football was invented in scotland and they care more about football than any other country on earth, we expect more from them

As many european titles as Lelgue 1

Don’t think you understood my post m8

are you saying celtic is an irish club?

I may have been alluding to that yes

back when it was actually between the champions of Europe as well

Attached: download (10).jpg (601x458, 76K)

why do you always blame everything on the irish?

>liverpool get rekt
>"actually, it's an irish club"
>rooney fucks up for the nt
>"actually, he's irish"

>implying I’m english

you as in "the british", should have said "y'all"

The farmers Celtic play against aren't as good as the farmers Valencia play against.

Celtic have an Irish identity, while Rangers is for British identity

>muh history

Don’t get why people say lfc is irish as it’s only their supporters. Their founder was an englishman. Rooney is ethnically irish, so they are technically correct when they say “well aktchualy he’s irish” when he fucks up. Meanwhile celtic was actually founded by irish immigrants

Ireland is better than Scotland in football.

Croatia made it to the world cup final.

Yikes

i'm english you fuckhead, but the fact 2nd/3rd/4th place teams are even allowed to compete in the "champions" league is a joke

Zagreb were also playing against the team which was in CL

>muh istree

Scottish national team should be abolished since they voted to be part of England. Pathetic "nation".

Agree. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales having national teams is a mess.

>lose against literally everyone in European competitions
>even a team from Gibraltar that one time
>i-it's not our fault!
Just own up and admit you're fucking shit at football and have been for decades, Angus. Even in your fucking prime you never made it to a WC knockout match.

>muh muh

>be part of England
lol wat

UK=England

Stop living in denial everyone knows that. You speak English and when everyone thinks of UK they think of England.

the fact our national team has been moderately better than scotland over the last 20 years or so says a lot about the decline of scottish football

irish football has declined too though

If football was invented somewhere else, I guarantee there would've originally been a British Empire team, and later a United Kingdom team. We only ended up with England vs. Scotland because to start with these were the only people playing football, and that set the precedent for the rest of the British Isles to have their own teams too.

uk=england

>UK=England
lol wat

This, Ireland 1990-2002 was a really entertaining period, even if most of the team was just English players who couldn't get into the team (which made things quite awkward when you qualified and we didn't in '94).
Scotland have just been pathetic since the late 80s.

Falklands=England

>football was invented in Scotland

Attached: frRxnG_7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Everyone in ITT, complete plebs move outa my way
Well, there's two main reasons, firstly, nearly every decent Scottish player moves to England, which weakens the local game, reducing the standard of football, and the second reason is the size of the league and quality, it's a tiny league with one massive club in it. Now football is a business, consider it like this:

> A man wants an extension put on his house, just one extra room, so the big question is; will he hire the local builder, or hire the guys that built Spurs' new stadium? Of course he's gonna hire the local builder right? As that will cover the job.

Well the man is Celtic, and the new extension is the Scottish League, no one sane will hire the builders of New White Hart Lane to build a house extension, like what would the neighbors think when they seen your house is now shaped like a fucking toilet.

Attached: toilet bowl.jpg (1200x800, 197K)

Attached: 1512282655012.png (600x720, 51K)

Fair point
But honestly, a british national team would be much better.
Best would be a WC champion, Bale would at least play one WC...

This is Yea Forumss most retarded post

that 1966 roster+george best, maybe they could have also won 1970

>that Britain-Brazil final we could've gotten
Still can't believe we jobbed to W. Germany in such a disappointing fashion, losing a 2 goal lead, after being the only team to seriously challenge Brazil all tournament.

I don't know about winning, but they could make up the final.
And would be the greatest final of all time, of any tournament and of any sport.

Jealous is helluva drug user, it's okay to bow down to my superior knowledge and understanding, it's only natural, I am Aryan, and you are not. Did I mention I have a huge cock too, not only am I endowed with a superior mind, but I'm also endowed with a huge dick. Must suck being you, a dicklet and brainlet to boot.

Attached: thatFeel.jpg (224x224, 6K)

France have one as well tbf, but so do Romania and Yugoslavia, so that's nothing special

Marseille's doesn't count

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHA.png (619x557, 116K)

kek

the first leg of this was absolutely soul-crushing to watch. valencia were bad, really really bad, and yet celtic were so spastic and amateurish that it should've been 5-0 rather than 2-0
I've never seen such an incompetently organised professional team before

I had to check if you were from the Ivory Coast or something because goddamn learn fucking English, that shit was barely coherent, your syntax was gibberish, lay off the Smithwick's m8

Are scottish people the ones that beat their wife?

ITS SHITE BEING SCO'ISH WERE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW

t. Arab cock sucker

Mexico, USA and Costs Rica are all comfortably better than Scotland. They'd be battling Panama, Honduras and Jamaica for the playoff spot

It's too cold to play football there

>what about russia Ukraine belarus

Those people survived fucking nazis and famines. Of course some insane genes would be passed down, not so much intellect since SU killed all smarties or defected them to west.

>Scotland Sweden norway etc

All shit. Countries where weather isn't too cold will produce better players

>what about india and some Asian countries

Horrible genetics, wrong reproduction, already sporting wise

Why does that make it nothing special? That group of Red Star players was the best group of it's generation, many of them going on to play for major Italian and Spanish clubs and lifting more trophies.

"Lack of England support to blame" cant did anything without their pimp daddy

>soviet union killed all the smarties
>soviet union also won the space race
????

Losing 1-0 away isn't a bad result, losing 2-0 at home is

It's Scotland. What the fuck do you want from them? Their league is better than say Croatia.

is this bait? celtic are steamrolling their "league", you'd expect them to beat some spanish farmers.

Half the Croation WC squad have never spent a day in Croatia in their lives.

>1%

>doesn't even have his own flag on Yea Forums
kys

tfw my phone died after I made the thread :(

>Celtic
>worships Ireland and the Irish flag

>The Rangers
>worships the Queen of England and the British flag

Who are Scotland's team?

One of the worse matches i saw in Mestalla this year, the lack of tension made Valencia just not really care about the match and think about the Leganes LA liga Match.

Even the Most farmer la liga team like Huesca or Leganes would steamroll all over the SPL. Really sad considering the Swiss team we played was miles better.

The playmaker of Celtic couldn't even make a straight pass right

Don't know about Croatia but the Belgian and Swiss league are miles better.

Aberdeen

>91 replies
it was worth it, user

Leave us alone

Attached: image.jpg (2000x1050, 342K)

Not based Hearts

Also relevant pic

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-120744_Samsung_Internet_Beta.png (1080x1920, 1.02M)

Hearts are THE Rangers lite senpai

Scottish football used to be decent, then as more and more money was getting pumped into the English League, the best players all went south of the border to sit on benches for 5x the money.

Celtic, Rangers and The Rangers have a history of buying up players from any club that comes close to them in league and just letting them rot on the bench, meaning that to TV execs the league is just not worth paying mega money for when only two teams are allowed to compete.

No big sponsors, no big players.

>This is the Scottish loser mentality that makes us so shit. "Oh I'm just happy to be here teehee."

More to it than that, the SFA bend over backwards to make THE Rangers relevant that it's beyond a joke.

Why would you want to move to the SPFL knowing fine well that every time you look like you could win something against the Old Firm the refs will "not see" an obvious incident or award a dubious penalty?

kek

>Anglo is mad that he's been found out for hindering Scottish sports, economy, and country. He was sure it were concealed enough nobody would spot it

Whre did you pull out that fact? It’s false. The only one who was not born and raised in Croatia is Rakitić.

Not historically. Rangers' demise really fucked the league.

Not being windows phone masterrace

Celtic was founded by Catholic clergy in Glasgow to alleviate poverty/give young kids something to do instead of steal shit in the late 1800s. It has an Irish/Gaelic character to it thanks to this.

Nah it wouldn't be that much better. Scotland would probably only contribute Robertson, Wales would contribute Bale and maybe Williams, and forget about Northern Ireland.

glasgow clubs hoover up all the money and support
uncompetitive league
medieval sectarian attitudes still in place
fans larp that they live during the wars of religion
no interest in national team, they'd rather see england lose than themselves win