Why did he become shit so quickly? He's only 33 but he's been shit since he was like 30...

Why did he become shit so quickly? He's only 33 but he's been shit since he was like 30. Ronaldo and Messi are still top players at similar ages so why not him?

Attached: rooney.jpg (220x220, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1550305262110.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=PTRaWK6U2H0
youtube.com/watch?v=SoeuimVCseo
youtube.com/watch?v=eRsfVOmyEpk
youtube.com/watch?v=_lokQUysWd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unironically hair plugs.

irish genetics. not only physically weak as a nation but cant resist booze, slags, drugs and junk food

it's weird to think that he started his elite career as the same period as benzema (~2007) but he's shit since at least 5 years.

He’s been playing every week since he was 16. When you add that to a lifestyle that includes smoking and heavy drinking, you get burn out. Rooney stopped being Rooney at ~26.

look at his build. he's a natural fat shit. its amazing he was so quick and fit when he was younger.

Rooney was the best player at Euro 2004.

Ronaldo did a good 2004 euro and 2006 WC but his elite career really starts after 2007 too

After 2011/12 he wasn't played as a main striker again until 2015/16 by then his ability in front of goal had greatly diminished

>tfw you'll never score thumping headers with peak balding troll rppney in FIFA 09 ever again

Attached: rppney.jpg (615x750, 162K)

That was FIFA 10 Rooney you fucking chink

Literally no reason to be upset

Attached: 1legend.gif (199x236, 1.81M)

Benzema has been shit even longer

The English curse, happened with Michael Owen too.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1550305262110.webm

Didn't Benzema only have one really good season after he dropped all the weight?

He stopped playing well when he stopped playing angry. This is STRONGLY linked to his hair transplant since the main source of his anger was his horrible ogreish appearance.

Not a single person in this thread brings up the injury he got.

He had several major injuries. Are you talking about the one in Munich? He was never the same after that.

He had his transplant in 2011 the next season (2011/12) he scored 34 goals
The way ferguson rushed him back from injury in 2009/10 definitely contributed to his decline

yeah it might be that one, he managed to recover and came back for the euros in like six month, but i can't remember which one. He was never the same after that.

>The way ferguson rushed him back from injury in 2009/10 definitely contributed to his decline
But in 2011/12 he scored 34 goals.

That's why I said contributed you fucking retarded cuck glorified city state.

The goals don’t tell the whole story. He scored a lot of penalties that season. The other user is right. He rolled his ankle in the Allianz in the CL quarterfinals and then was rushed back for the return leg. He lost his explosiveness after that (though he performed brilliantly in the second half of 10/11, leading Utd to the title and CL final).

Rooney has still got the skills, just not the fitness.

The one thing Rooney retained was his fitness

You make a good point, but on the other hand, he did score 34 goals in the 2011-12 season.

Yeah I fucking despise Man U but that team on FIFA 10 was my go to, incredible

lel

Attached: rooney.png (1359x1200, 605K)

Brits and their ilk age like shit due to constant boozing and smoking. It's a miracle he's even still playing sport when most people here lose the ability to run by age 24.

>why did he become so shit?
Ummm sweetie, he literally carried a mediocre DC United that was like in last placs to the MLS playoffs. Show some respect

Beckham giggs scolles

The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window the your tale comes to an end, but the youngsters are still thirsty for more. 'Tell us about the two he scored against Andorra again Grandpapa' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary brace vs Kazakhstan!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up. 'Be quiet you two, Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the penalty vs Slovenia...Grandad..G-Grandad?'

The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression is on your face and all of Rooney's goals flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embrace you. His one World Cup goal, The legendary double in Minsk. That tap in against Liechenstien. they know whats happening and are scared, but calm.

The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, a football fanatic who spends every free moment outside kicking his battered leather ball against the wall 'Dont be sad, he lived a hell of a life...in the age of Rooney.'

He had already won everything in england, played in the CL final more than once and even was THE central star at both the biggest club in the world and for his national team. probably just stopped caring. He'd rather go through the motions, drink party blow coke and fuck whores.

Don't care, watching him carry DC United from bottom of the conference to a playoff slot was great. I fully embrace MLS as a retirement meme league, keep 'em coming.
youtube.com/watch?v=PTRaWK6U2H0

didn't he literally stage boxing matches in his living room for fun?

THE AGE OF ROONEY

youtube.com/watch?v=SoeuimVCseo

Over Nedved, Zidane, Cristiano, Figo or Maniche? LMAO

elimination to iceland broke him

this

Rooney has been finished ever since Fergie bought RVP to replace him

*fatness

>the anglo robinho

Wasn't he already playing a much deeper role even before Persie's arrival?
youtube.com/watch?v=eRsfVOmyEpk

He was a striker season before RVPs arrival and played 2nd striker to RVP

2009-2010 Berbatov was the striker
2011 Chicharito was the striker
2012 They had Welbeck as the striker
Then RVP came. Last few years under Ferguson Rooney played #10.

>Rooney
>shit

Attached: rooney.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

He is, but i'm glad he enjoyed football again.

English diet. Probably slathers a ton of butter on bread and makes a sausage sandwich daily

>Berbatov was the striker in 09/10 no he wasn't THE striker he was a in a two same with 2010/11 and 2011/12 Rppney began to move more centrally when RVP came

Rooney played almost exclusively as a no10 from 10/11 to 12/13. There were a couple of exceptions in 11/12 when Ferguson player him as a lone striker.

>Probably slathers a ton of butter on bread and makes a sausage sandwich daily
Fuck la i'm so hungry now

No he played in a strike partnership up until 2012/13

No he didn’t.

09/10
>Played as a striker, almost always as a lone striker in big games, became a heading genius and formed an undying partnership with Valencia.
10/11
>Returned from the World Cup injured and under scrutiny for cheating on his wife. Threatened to leave Utd early in the season. He signed a new contract, Fergie sent him away to Nike fat camp in the states. He returned as a no10, playing most games behind Hernandez, but pretty much had licence to go wherever he wanted on the pitch. Lead Utd to the league title and CL final.
11/12
>Another season as a no10. Playing mostly behind Welbeck. Played one game as a striker away at City.
12/13
>Now exclusively a no10. Fergie didn’t trust him as a lone striker anymore. He was even used as a CM in some games. Got dropped for the match vs Madrid at OT. Would’ve been gone that summer had Fergie stayed on.

>11/12 played as no 10
that's such an unbelievable lie he played in a front 2 with hernandez or welbeck you fucking ling dickhead

>Maniche
>best at anything
I love the man, but come on, let's be realistic

Attached: Imagem17.png (701x746, 349K)

This unironically says more about women that it does about men.

This is semantics. He was in a “partnership” but played behind his striker partner (as a no10). After 09/10 he was far more loose in his onfield positioning and Fergie allowed him to play between the lines. Look at his positioning in this game (or any other from 11/12).

youtube.com/watch?v=_lokQUysWd8

You fanny.

In fact you don’t need to watch the video. I’ve done the work for you. Pic related is Rooney’s positions on each of the goals. A no10, not a striker.

Attached: 6E6B26EB-171E-46CB-B1E7-00796D4AC1BD.jpg (916x2040, 347K)

lel the absolute state of Indonesia

based.. shame its wasted in ameriburg

He's been playing at the highest level since he was a teen.

I don't think he'll have regrets considering that he was the face of the sport, albeit for just a few years.

He didn't. He absolutely declined, but he was ultimately just the fall guy for a flat lining United squad. A squad that arguably got worse and continued to flat line even after he left. The fans vilified him and England does that to over half their national squad anyway so that didn't help his case either. The Manchester team he was assassinated from was at the time house to shit stains like a struggling Lingard, or a Fellaini with two let feet. Let's not pretend these were good players. Oh and I almost fucking forgot... Daley Blind! Fuck me... Then he gets his fairytale escape to Everton only to be tied up and sold down the river despite ending the season as their top goal scorer. Good to see that he's capable of tearing it up in the MLS still, shows that all the haters are for the most part fucking nignogs. Shame it has to be in such an underwhelming league. But can only fight what's in front of you I suppose. When he retires he'll be remembered as probably the greatest premier league legend, at the very least top 3. Most of the next gen zoomers will talk about him for street cred, and the monkeys who have been here only a few years longer will reeee and call themselves "oldfags" while defending him. But even still Wayne will get his penance. He'll become the hero we deserve but not necessarily the one we need anymore. We will enter a New Age of Rooney.

Smoking and alcohol. Maybe drugs. Definitely grannies.

He was a hype babby and stopped caring about football around 2010 when Englel got booed at the world cup and he got his big fat contract after a transfer request

The real funny part was that he was able to fuck Utd again for another big contract after Fergie fucked off kek

There was an Irishman who was once so sober he accidently fucked his wife

He's been a starter in the PL since he was like 17 and been first choice striker for England since 18. Playing all that football plus not having a perfect diet for a pro footballer has taken a toll on him earlier.

>won 2 league title and reached a CL final after the supppswdly “stopped caring”
Pretty good for a hype babby.

Rooney was a work horse and ultimately destroyed his body for United. He would always play with lazy cunts like Berbatov, Ronaldo and Van Persie where he would do all the running and they would stand in the box and score the goals. That plus heavy drinking and smoking.

Yeah so did wes brown lad

Rooney turned pro at the age of 16 and has been playing 40+ matches since 2002. Combine this with the fact that he was overweight after every summer and struggled with fitness, its even astonishing that he got 10-11 seasons on world class level.

If he wasn't such dumb cunt and knew how to keep his body healthy he would have been still one of the best players in the PL.

Based manlet Lucho Acosta saving the play with the trip and scoring the header goal

Attached: lucho_trip.webm (1280x720, 671K)

Rooney scored in the CL quarterfinals, semifinals and final in 2011.

Attached: wayne_rooney.jpg (682x450, 57K)

Good for him, he scored 11 league goals lamo

Because he was injured for the first half of the season. Your ABUism is out of control mate.

>28 games
>11 goals

You're right to be fair standard Pooney season

I suppose Smalling, Nani, Anderson and Park are a front 4 judging by those pictures you fucking limp cock