Luka out of pocket for this

Luka out of pocket for this

Attached: 9A3737B1-3072-455F-92F8-7A28CF7E55F4.jpg (1242x1249, 1.14M)

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>paying any attention to some white boi
by next year when people realize he's already peaked we'll never have to hear about this goofy kid again anyway

HAHAHAHA FUCKING NEGROIDS

>completely paid for education from Duke

B-but they don't gets paid! They gets taken advantage of!

Explain to these new graduates that are buried in debt how college athletes are in a shit situation.

Its not quality education though?
They're made to train more at the expense of going to class and actually studying.

The have dedicated tutors and private study halls to make up for that. You can be an athlete and a good student.

>completely paid for education
Bruh, they spend two semesters there then they dip. No successful basketball player is sticking around to get a degree.

They can be, sure. But if they don't want to be or are mentally incapable of being a good student their "dedicated tutors" take care of everything and get them their passing grades.

And that's why the argument to pay players is bullshit. Why give them money when you offer and education they all pass on. Can't feel sympathy for a guy that does that and ends up out of the NBA in 3 years selling car insurance. Most go back to school for a reason.

The universities also share blame. Most of these guys shouldn't be allowed in school for the reasons you're talking about.

this is going to sound cringe but im literally stuck with d1 athletes right now in my group for some project and these idiots don't do anything. the project outline is on the syllabus and they still ask me what they should be researching
student-athlete my ass, just pay the fuckers so they stop taking up space in ge classes i need to graduate. thanks for listening to my blog.

Are they nice?

What a madman

outside of the fact that they're clearly here to throw a ball on saturdays, and not write about liberal economics i dont have any problem with them

Not him, but I've experienced this. Some are very nice, borderline apologetic for a situation that's beyond their control. Most, however, will put up an initial facade of being nice and then completely fuck off because no matter what they do, the university will protect them at everyone else's expense. Other students get told by the professor to deal with it or drop the course, professors are told by their department to pass all athletes no matter what and to be as accommodating as possible, dean's are told by the president that holding athletes to any higher standard will cost the department money.

College is giving you an opportunity to deal with stupid people that only affects your grade in some meaningless class instead of you first encountering stupid people as a hot shot grad and having it actually affect your career when you have no idea how to deal with them.

Hey buddy, read this:

most college athletes never make the pros though. and what about athletes from less popular sports. of course basketball and football are money sports but what about some random dive team how much u gonna pay them?

So what you propose is they forego a career in the NBA, with millions of dollars guaranteed and the possibility of setting yourself and your family up for life doing what you love, in order to stay in college and get a degree and then see if they can have an average life. Also, let's not forget that they can actually get said degree after they make it to the NBA, if they are so desperate to have it.

It seems to me you are the one in dire need of a college education.

School is for academic learning. They should do that in sport clubs like they do in every other country.

I mean, why not. Youll get paid, play in as competitive a league with more intense atmospheres, and still be picked up by the NBA if you're really good enough. If you're not, you'll still get paid to play.

Not nearly as many NBA scouts overseas, every year guys opt to remain in the G league as opposed to play overseas where they’ll make more money because there are scouts in the building every game and call up opportunities available.

Yeah, but without basketball and football, how will all these based negros get an education?!

I had a basketball nigga in my calc class regularly make single digits on tests and just leave them in the classroom when he left.
Then he was my calc 2 class and slept in it.
Then he was in my friends calc 3.
Then he was in my diff EQ class and I never saw him in the only computer lab on campus with the software we had to use.

I think that fucker graduated with an engineering degree.

Euro teams won't develop 18 year olds who will leave after on year, look what happened to Brandon Jennings at Roma

If you stand out in Europe, NBA scouts will be all over you.

Attached: file.png (750x563, 153K)

kek

Attached: file.png (1011x1024, 109K)

Is that chart meant to corroborate my point? A minority of prospects are obtained from Europe. It’s also significantly more difficult to stand out in a league of professionals with adult bodies than it is amateurs.

how is it never talked about that the main thing at issue here is the asinine rule that they HAVE to go to college? Just let them go straight to the NBA and then they wouldn’t be able to bitch about how they’re hands are tied

The entire chart is a "minority" of the people who play basketball at a professional level. If you can't stand out in Europe at a professional level you'll likely never make it to the NBA in the first place but you can still have a successful professional career and make a bunch of cash instead of complaining that you're in a glorified school team.

Mind you that basketball is a fairly fringe sport in large parts of Europe.

Attached: file.png (1796x725, 481K)

ncaa most likely strong armed the nba to enforce that rule. guys like lebron and kobe didnt go to college and if more guys did this there would be no draw for college hoops

You’re significantly underestimating European competition, these are leagues of adult professionals and you’re suggesting outside of the lottery these players are going to have large roles and be competitive on these clubs?

Indisputable is the fact that the outstanding majority of players in league history, based on the very chart that you posted, have been selected from the NCAA and domestically. If you want the opportunity to play in the NBA you’re best staying at home where any given team you compete against has several players who will never make money playing basketball. A European team is full of guys who make their livelihood on it.

And, not to mention, these players still wind up overseas if they don’t make the NBA so why skip over the opportunity to play in a building with NBA scouts on any given night to play in a more competitive physical league where minutes aren’t guaranteed?

If you have a player like Doncic, there's no point for him to go and play in some sub tier team at a college when he could be playing with professionals.

The fact there's so many Europeans in the NBA, especially compared to sport participation, just goes to show you that the European system is superior at producing players. There's no point of someone with the ability of Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, etc to play with other kids when they are above their level. Doncic debuted for Real Madrid at 16. There's no point to holding back players who have the ability to compete.

NCAA doesn't need to strong arm shit. For every 18 year old that is kept out the NBA gets an extra year of a marketable grandpa like Dirk or vc, a better chance of not drafting busts, and more merch sales from college fans who wouldn't care about the NBA otherwise.

Jordan and Kobe weren't even good enough at 18 to be NBA starters, and UNC is a major part of Jordan's brand. If you replaced the year Kobe sat on the bench and scored 7 points a game with a year where he was an all american at a major college it would have improved his legacy as well. Just look at how long Melo stayed relevant because of his one season in college.

>Lebron, Kobe, Jordan
When you provide a conglomerate of examples that consist over a dozen MVP and FMVP awards I believe it’s time to concede a prospect that can compete at a high level in a professional league out of remedial school is an anamoly.

There are 60 draft picks in a given NBA draft, if you’re insanely lucky one of them might be a Lebron James. That’s a player that comes around once every few decades. The average player? Tre Jones, Jameer Nelson, Jason Smith, Shannon Brown, Trevor Ariza, Jaxson Hayes. These guys aren’t going to get drafted playing pros overseas, they in all likelihood won’t get off the bench.

>Jordan and Kobe weren't even good enough at 18 to be NBA starters
Maybe, but they don't need to be starters. They were clearly far better than their peers around them and made an impact in their rookie seasons. They were playing beneath their level up to that point.

>Just look at how long Melo stayed relevant because of his one season in college.
At this point you're just making retarded assumption as to why carmelo failed in the NBA. Maybe check a few interviews with his coaches before stating it has anything to do but with his shit personality and inability to function within a team.

At this point I'm basically arguing that the US system is very rigid and isn't suited to finding those few players that will become stars. In general the youth development is bad and inorganic. Especially compared to Europe where clubs have youth teams and a player moves trough them not only by age but by ability, so those kids that stand out get promoted to 'older' teams and those few guys that really show potential end up in the main team training and playing with older players gaining experience at a young age against grown opposition. This is invaluable to developing players as they learn from their older counterparts every day. More importantly players tend to stay within one club for several years giving them a stable environment in which to develop as opposed to changing schools and moving to different institutions all together.

That being said I'll stop pretending to know everything and agree to disagree.

Solid thread

I don’t really have an opinion that, I feel like we’ve charted another course of discussion entirely albeit in good faith.

I will say though the best players aren’t going to languish in the NCAA, they’re going to languish on the worst teams possible in the NBA. If they’re lucky there will be some veterans on the roster to help them develop but say Zion goes to the Knicks this year, that’s a team that hasn’t shown the least bit of competency in landing on, developing or surrounding their draft picks with even marginal help. It’s frustrating seeing guys like Garnett, Kevin Love and Anthony Davis throw away their prime years on an organization that had no idea how to put a team around them that will get the best out of them. I’m not sure how that differs for European teams.

slave over mentality still prevalent in the US and this thread

Lebron, shouldn’t you be on your grind right now?

Watching them be better than their peers has more entertainment value than watching them be below average against people 10 years older than them. And Jordan was the 3rd best player on his college team, so it's not like he was head and shoulders above his peers.
>you're just making retarded assumption as to why carmelo failed in the NBA
I was saying the opposite. The reason he's going to be a hall of famer is largely because of the opportunities his college resume afforded him.

the single most onions post on this board

Cuban would agree

Negroids BTFO again.

So do all the athletes on the same team make the same money if you pay them? What about Title IX? Do you have to pay the women's fencing team members the same amount as the men's football team players?

The nba wanted to do it. Most pro scouts stated they hated having to go to high school gyms and asu events. They felt like creeps and hated having to talk to high school coaches. It jus to felt unprofessional. Not to mention there were a large number of high school busts. So they went with the one year rule instead

One idea that was recently discussed and would potentially go around Title IX was to allow players to take a loan from say, an agent, against future earnings in the NBA.

aau events*

niggs are selfish and greedy as fuck holy shit

>They're made to train more at the expense of going to class and actually studying.
this is a lie. The NCAA has strict time limits on how much time college athletes can even TALK to their coach, let alone work out or go to practice.

Furthermore, and this is the big lie about NCAA sports, only one sport is a NET income producer, Football, and only 11-15 colleges make a boatload of money from football, most colleges (60-70 D1-A) schools lose money from football too.

So when they talk about paying athletes most colleges couldn't afford it and would have to drop those sports. FINALLY, it's not as simple as paying the football or basketball players. Colleges are restricted by something called Title 9. ANYTHING done for one sport has to be done for all of them, men and women. So any money given to college football players would need to be given to every college athlete.

All paying the athletes would do is END college sports, as colleges would end their competitive athletic programs (excepting at maybe 15 or so colleges which again, make all the money).

Aww boo hoo. Maybe they should put their hobbies aside and go to class then

>>completely paid for education from Duke

Which is a fraction of their market value and the revenue they are generating for their school.

>completely paid for education from Duke
They're literally only there to play their mandatory year of basketball between highschool and pro play. They don't want or need a college education

Why is he so based bros?

Attached: luka on jannies.jpg (1024x1024, 478K)

>The NCAA has strict time limits on how much time college athletes can even TALK to their coach, let alone work out or go to practice.

Which are never enforced. What a shill.

Aah, so then its alright to continue the exploitation of athletes got it.
Fucking idiot, you say the same thing about jobs.

Basketball doesn't generate anything for schools outside of NCAA tourney bux

It's mostly worthless, maybe Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas are worth something, but that's it

There are maybe 50 kids out of thousands that are worth paying anything

Get rid of the one and done rule

>a hot shot grad
now that's funny

>finish 4 year college with bach
>make around 50k-60k a year

>athlete fucks off from college and becomes an unga bunga pro athlete, sleeps with supermodels and celebrities, and gets to retire in his late 30s while being dumb as bricks
>makes hundreds of millions of dollars

Just face it bros. Athletes are CHADs

Studying at Duke for a year costs 50-70k (without aids, which 50% of students get). If college programs were allowed to pay for an athlete like Zion to play for them, the money he would get would be at least 100x superior to a full year of full paid scolarship+expenses at Duke.

>Generate billions
>Receive compensation worth a few thousand
Labor is entitled to all it creates
t.bootlicker

someone ought to sucker punch this cumskin. Why is he poking his ugly nose where he is not required?

>he thinks top college athletes have any debt
>he thinks top college athletes don't get paid.

Lol grow up, they get money all the time from boosters, agents. The only time its a scandal is when some talks about it out loud and the ncaa is forced to do something About it. These people are special and have special privileges that the common man doesn't have.

>Furthermore, and this is the big lie about NCAA sports, only one sport is a NET income producer, Football, and only 11-15 colleges make a boatload of money from football, most colleges (60-70 D1-A) schools lose money from football too.

This is a very narrow understanding of income generated by football. If we factor in merchandising such as shirts, jerseys and so on, all D1 colleges make money off football, and big programs make a killing. Not to mention the money football generates that does not go directly to the university, but that it nevertheless creates lots of good publicity for them. Think about sports bars, for instance, or the money associated with tailgating.

post mommy doncic

Just let the boys sign short term endorsements

That's not true at all. It doesn't make as much as football, but it's a big revenue generator for most (if not all) of the D1 schools.

>Colleges are restricted by something called Title 9.
>ANYTHING done for one sport has to be done for all of them, men and women.
This is complete nonsense. Title 9 has never been interpreted to require strict equality.
NCAA sports have totally different scholarship limits by sport and by gender.
And then there's football and baseball, which women don't get to play at all.
Push comes to shove, they just cancel women's basketball. People cry, they get over it, life goes on.

It's hard for an american 18 year old to get guaranteed playing time at a good Euro club, there's usually a language barrier, the club knows they only get him for a year. Some one-and-dones have the same problem but europe is worse

I went to a private school comparable to Duke and the athletes were very chill. People tend not to care as much about sports so they don't get huge egos. They were generally more normal and sociable than the other spergs on campus. But at dumb kid schools like Oklahoma St. they rape thots and commit crime regularly

you are officially an idiot.

title 9 has been strictly interpreted EXACTLY as that poster stated. In fact due to the fact if a college gives out a free ride sports scholarship to a man it has to do the same for a woman, furthermore it's not just scholarships, it's MONEY SPENT too. so if they spend 4 mil on football, they have to dump 4 mil onto women's athletics as well. The result is most MENs sports outside of the big ones like football, baseball and basketball, end up underfunded and under scholarshiped, while every woman's sport known to human kind gets fully funded and fully scholarshiped. (mens football as you rightly pointed out has no female equal, as a result those 80 or so scholarships given to the boys have to go to an equal number of girls even if its just in quasi sports.

I had a HS teacher who told me men's wrestling got completely fucked by title 9

Another option that kids have and one that silver has been pushing to kids is going to the g league with is run by the nba. They send scouts there to see you play and the league will pay you to play for a year while you get ready to go to the nba. But young kids turn it down because there isn't enough pomp and circumstance for them. They would rather pay for free at Kentucky than get a pay check at Rio Grande Valley if it means they get to feel like a star

the other downside to this is if you go to the G league, your road is going to filled with a lot more players who are close to NBA talent than in college. most teams these kids will play against in college have maybe one guy who could get drafted. so going to the G league could potentially make it way harder for you to get noticed

BASED

Why don't European scouts do a better job getting American high school kids? I mean I can understand them ignoring the guys who are definitely going to the NBA, but why doesn't Europe recruit more American kids? They've successfully acquired like 4 American kids in the history of professional European basketball. Stupid.

Is just too much headache to get a role player (the real talents will just be one and done in college) for a guy that will most likely not assimilate in the group and will just leave the team in the first opportunity.

The fundamental problem is not just player value, but player value in comparison to the coach. A player is paid literally nothing or at best something like 50k a semester through scholarships. A coach is paid NINE MILLION A YEAR.

Do you know how many American kids go play in Europe after they finish college and don't make the NBA? Hundreds. Hundreds and hundreds. I just wonder why European scouts don't get them at a younger age. The assimilation, I get. But how many European teenagers do not speak English? It's not that many.

This is exactly it. They don't just want to get paid. They specifically want the colleges to pay them because nobody gives a shit about minor league sports. College sports have tradition and passion though. The star players just want to have their cake and eat it too. I say fuck em. Go play in the minor leagues and quit whining. If you're so important and you're the reason all the money is made, surely it will follow you.

But why would they get American kids if they can get local ones for cheaper and don't need to bother with homesickess

>why would a business hire the most talented employees

lol idk?

Like I said it's much cheaper and easier getting local kids

>Real Madrid Baloncesto
>baloncesto

So do people actually say "balconcesto" in Spain? Or is it "basket"? Or does anybody actually say "basketball"?

Why the fuck would you say "futball" and not "basketball" as well? Doesn't make sense.

Can you please stop speaking like a nigger? Thanks.

absolutely epic niggers btfo

it is fucking unbelievable how tolerant Americans are with such ridiculous policies on national healthcare, education, and even this thing with college athletes. Every single college athlete should boycott the NCAA but they won't do it because this generation has no balls to make a change. If this were France people would be out rioting even if it meant getting tear gassed by police, and they wouldn't stop as soon as media decides to censor it or not cover it. They keep going until something is changed. Americans voice their opinions on Twitter then go back to eating chicken nuggets.

(((NCAA))) look into it

Oy vey, this sounds like a fantastic deal for Gary Shekelberg

dunno about Spain, but in France they'd say "le basket" and for soccer "le foot"

What the fuck are you even asking?

It's almost like it isn't as bad as you think it is over there across the pond only hearing about cherrypicked worst case scenarios while ignoring the upside (which is massive) of living here

I did a thesis on this, UF made $4.6 Billion off the athletic department while I was there and the athletes got fuck all. Yep, exactly $0.
Sure, maybe one or two "star" recruits got a car or some sneakers, but you're gonna telll me that is anything comparable to 4 BILLION?
They won't say anything about it though. And before anyone says "They got paid for education" Lol whether you liked it or not they got around $16k average for 4 years.

Paying college athletes is retarded and unworkable. We've been over this a billion times with you faggots but you're seemingly incapable of absorbing information. If they feel it's so unfair they can go try out for a minor league team and make 30k a year and sleep in shitty Motel 8's all season. The money is there for a select few schools and it's not because of the players. It's because those schools have history and big fanbases.

>while I was there and the athletes got fuck all.
This is absolutely wrong though. If you're a relevant college football or basketball player, you are getting paid. Mostly under the table. Lots of them will have team "jobs" to turn on the sprinklers or something, that they obviously never do.

They don't deserve any more. Playing college sports is a privelege that they choose to partake in. Don't like it? Fuck off to the minor league.

no amount of tutors will make the majority of professional NBA players smart or educated