Based

based

Attached: 867585.png (894x584, 250K)

>pitchfork likes it

Attached: 101008mag-penn-jillette1.jpg (210x305, 24K)

extremely based. Fantano wouldn't even dare reviewing them

>you can envision a lonely kid somewhere with an entire world opening from the speakers, who might bask in its silence after the record ends, look out the window and see something bright and strange and burning somewhere far away.
Why is pitchfork so gay?

seriously. flowery shit like that has no business in reviews

Why does Transylvanian Hunger sound so shitty compared to Blaze in the Northern Sky? It came out a year later.

Attached: 155773028397.jpg (700x359, 17K)

jesus christ

because they wanted a more "cold" and "primitive" sound.

What's wrong with this?

What do you mean? Transilvanian (note the spelling) Hunger is clearly the better album?

Sounds like shite mate.
Sounds like they went from a professional sound studio to the drummers grandma's house.

If you can't appreciate lo-fi then you can't appreciate black metal.

Under a funeral moon is the obvious masterpiece of the trilogy and all of Darkthrone. “A blaze..” still has too much death metal influence and not a cold enough atmosphere. “Transylvanian Hunger” has weaker production and a one note tone, it’s cold and depressing but not perfect. “Under a funeral..” is just plain dark, cold, and evil. Production is perfect, riffs are insane, the quintessential black metal album. There’s a few albums I prefer as I’m more of an ambient black metal guy, but I think it is the objectively best as a black metal album.

Blaze < Funeral Moon < Hunger

Funeral Moon and Hunger are both great. But I would argue that Transilvanian Hunger:
1. Is more aggressive
2. Sounds more evil
3. Has more visceral, memorable riffs
4. Has a couple more balls in general

It’s certaibly impressive, especially as it’s pretty much a fenriz solo album, but Under a Funeral isn’t even fun to listen to, it just feels so dark. That’s why I respect it. I almost never listen to it while I listen to blaze and hunger all the time.

It doesn't sound that bad, the biggest problem is the drums are mixed too low but thats about it

Panzerfaust = Circle The Wagons >>>>> everything else.

Uh wow yikes! Don’t they know they had that one album where they printed some mean things in the liner notes?! VERY problematic, will be flagging this to them on Twitter

He reviewed Darkthrone quite a few times lad

Y u no talk about panzerfaust?
Thanks for talking about panzerfaust.

...ladies...
Soulside Journey will ALWAYS be peak Darkthrone.
Euronymous turned them into Black Metal poseurs while real BM bands like Impaled Nazarene and Euro's own damn band made much more quality Black Metal.
...Fenriz is a legit cool dude, tho, I must admit.

Attached: Darkthrone Soulside Journey LP-1200x1200.jpg (1200x1200, 220K)

They both sound like shit compared to melodeath, clean production is obviously all that matters.

based

Its too real, makes you feel shit and that makes me uncomfortable

ehem..

Attached: file.png (300x300, 94K)

>by Sam Sodomsky
>Sodom

>be p4k writer
>listen to Sodom

Attached: 212.jpg (228x221, 8K)