Were they really proto punk? Were they as good as Zappa and cobain said they were?

Were they really proto punk? Were they as good as Zappa and cobain said they were?

Attached: 353A8E69-E9A1-4F3C-B3A7-994C54253318.jpg (550x550, 331K)

twee as fuck

its one of the better outsider albums
its up there with Lift to Experience and Discomfort

they were just contrarian shitters praising the album for it’s “avant” qualities.

Second album is better. Like really good. My Cutie is insane

no they fucking suck honestly. fuck the reddit-tier meme hype and anyone who compares this to Zappa or Beefheart.

How is Lift to Experience outsider art? It seems pretty skillfully made to me

prove it.

Yeah I was wondering about that.

Sometimes bullshit music is just bullshit you know

they were good but in a weird way that deserves no praise. completely unintentional (actually kinda forced by their father)

I really enjoy it. They aren't "good" but it's more than just poor playing. Because of their inexperience they created their own internal logic for their music which is compelling wether they intentionally set out to make experimental music or not.

This is the music equivalent of the idiom of monkeys writing Shakespeare.

This

Do they deserve praise or notoriety? Fuck no they don't. However, from a more philosophical perspective, one could argue they challenge our musical conventions. And I mean this in a sincere way and not just in some pretentious hipster way.

This is the best way to look at it

I never was able to really articulate their appeal to the outsider music world, but you just did it perfectly. Well done. Good post

created by musicians but existed without a scene and had no knowledge of shoegaze/post-rock

no. they were a group of children who were forced into playing instruments that they had no idea how to play by their insane father. people who treat this album as something way bigger than it actually is are fucking retards

not true. I've met Josh T several times and spoken to him about LTE, and they were heavily influenced by Slowdive and Ride.

>Were they really proto punk
No, not even close. It's just 60s pop music played incredibly poorly.
>Were they as good as Zappa and cobain said they were?
They're certainly an interesting listen.

AND THE RICH PEOPLE WANT WHAT POOR PEOPLE GOT

"I enjoy REAL SHITTY MUSIC not any of that reddit tier, BAD SHITTY MUSIC"

Just admit you don't like any of this garbage and listen to something you might actually enjoy

Punk is more or a recorded product than a musical movement / genre. Punk is just pop music played and recorded poorly. There has been punk as long as there has been recorded music, just none of it was released for sale. Again its just shitty players trying to be the beatles. Look at the ramones. They wrote 1950's bubble gum shit about taking your sweetheart to the summer dance. Pure crap and the scene around it is ironic as there is nothing rebellious about jews selling an inferior musical product.

Their cover of "Paper Roses" is, unironically, majestic as fuck.

>anyone who compares this to Zappa or Beefheart.

That's retarded but this album is amazing.