This sucks bros. Explain yourselves.

Attached: download.jpg (220x220, 34K)

listen to it again and come back

fuck off

it's the jam of a lifetime

open up your throat

I also don't get it. Baffles me why these shitheads got soo much praise

Listen to more neo psych

It's actually very, very good. It's like all the fun songs from Strawberry Jam, which are almost all of them, but then more summery.

Shit, just realized, this is a summer album and Strawberry Jam is a winter album.

Listen to it louder.

Hahaha BRO you weren’t actually supposed to LISTEN to it!! KEK

Have sex

based

trues
true
with an art hoe and then listen

try another listen

this looks like it's moving!
is this a jiff/?

Yes it sucks

There are parts in it that are good and parts that are meh

try Sung Tongs to see acoustic version of MWPP, might give some perspective

In the Flowers and My Girls are good but yes the whole album is generally overrated

Who the fuck was Matt?

Why does mu hate this band all of the sudden? They're one of my favorite groups.

panda's brother

>ywn have a giant orgy on lsd while listening to brother sport in 2010 again
why even bother

You had to be there.

fuck nu-mu
fuck zoomers
embarrassingly naive desu

Attached: 1563309896465.png (211x244, 72K)

no it doesnt

>having taste this bad

yeah, dad, it's a little optical illusion
pretty neat, huh?

it make my ears smile!

Attached: Monkey.png (344x266, 138K)

You had to be there. When it came out, nothing sounded even remotely like it.
Now every onionboy band and their brother is a carbon copy of the MPP sound and slapping unnecessary reverb on everything, so the originators aren't seen as innovative anymore.

Bisexual orgy music. You had to have been there

In a nut-shell this is the problem with most zoomers and their understanding of everything. CONTEXT!

Take some MDMA and listen and it will all make sense.

Listen an hour after dropping acid
I promise

please die

animal collective is when i realized millennials had lost the plot and weren't going to make it

Attached: 1549608086678.jpg (511x510, 23K)

Everyone here is a normie and a poser now you may as well be on reddit

>normies and a posers hate shit music
normies and a posers confirmed patricians

Attached: disdain for plebes.jpg (550x733, 190K)

There is no band more millennial than anco

explains a lot actually

Attached: millennials-stock.jpg (900x600, 518K)

We don’t. It’s only /pol/ trying to tell us we can’t roll and listen to anco at cuddle parties.

>le pol boogieman haunting every thought
lmao holy shit
>rent free

Attached: 1520913423903.png (1076x1062, 910K)

nice roll

No it doesn't.
You need to be gassed.

Attached: 1547948153243.jpg (835x773, 333K)

The Animal Collective was pared down to a trio now after the departure of Josh "Deakin" Dibb. Merriweather Post Pavilion (Domino, 2009) continued the trend towards a more conventional (and guitar-less) song format, packaged in a sleek, multi-layered production. The Syd Barrett-ian psychedelic lullaby In The Flowers explodes in a loud merry-go-round of keyboards and percussion: it is neither groundbreaking nor particularly memorable. My Girls is a charming take on minimalist repetition and house music, with raga-like fibrillation juxtaposed against ecstatic chants: neither particularly new nor particularly engaging. Lion in a Coma is an atmospheric and not very melodic song although drenched in a chaos of syncopated percussive sounds and of somewhat clownish electronic timbres. The album dwells in this limbo of fake uncreative creativity. Basically, it's nothing but Phil Spector's "wall of sound" updated to the age in which the studio can do a lot more than an army of musicians. Also Frightened wonders dangerously close to the Beatles of Sgt Pepper, and Bluish sounds like a parody of the Beach Boys. The Animal Collective's personal variation on that stereotype comes from the ritualistic element that is also the common denominator of all the songs.
The one moment of genius is Summertime Clothes, boasting a dislocated hard-rock riff and a panzer techno beat as its rhythmic foundation, and a vaudeville-like rigmarole with a soaring chorus as its leitmotiv. A close second is the jovial Latin-tingued dance of Brothersport that turns into a hypnotic game of vocal harmonies.
Dave Portner (aka Avey Tare) and Noah Lennox (aka Panda Bear) have never sounded more conventional. They have even become predictable. Only the bands of synth-pop have employed so many keyboard sounds to create such simple pop ditties.

But Goebbels was their number one fan. This is fact.
LIES!

Attached: 1568177199526.jpg (184x274, 11K)

Attached: quote-call-him-a-hipster-chris-ott-98357.jpg (850x401, 106K)

It was always their pop album.
But it also seemed like a logical direction given previous albums.
They should have continued on that vein... but they , being AC, got bored with it.

Literally one of the best albums of this generation. Genuinely gonna go down in the same light as Pet Sounds. Haters will continue to try and break down /anco/ but I will be passing down these beautiful records to my children and there's nothing any of you can do about it.

based scaruffi

pet sounds is shit too. i've yet to meet any hipster who claims they listen to that garbage who doesn't look like a numale cuck wojack

Attached: stock-photo-young-man-celebrating-victory-over-white-crazy-nerd-man-wearing-eyeglasses-win-and-shout (450x320, 34K)

Centipede HZ is their popiest album

more like their poopiest

also true

hmmmm shut up cunt

BASED
A
S
E
D

this

This.
Fucking based.

Attached: 1567884482083.jpg (1800x1564, 797K)

Animal collective are genuinely great, fuck all these fake fans saying that you needed to be there. It’s just great art

It's ok if you don't like it OP but it's well loved because there's a lot to unpack in it, after a few listens you settle into the warmth of it, and if you like the rest of Anco it kinda feels like a focal point for their material, at least for me. The stuff leading up to it makes sense in the light of MPP, and the stuff after it feels like Anco unspooling in the aftermath, which I still like.
The first time I tried to listen to it I was in my last year of high school and I literally only liked My Girls and Summertime Clothes, now years later I fucking love the literal entire thing, with In the Flowers, Daily Routine, Lion in a Coma and Brother Sport being the big loves.

It's a really special album OP, trust. I wasn't there when it came out and I don't necessarily have the context surrounding it, but there's still nothing like it.

It was a different time

I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, but I just want four walls and adobe slatz for my girls

such a wholesome song