I did not care for Spiderland

I did not care for Spiderland

Attached: 1567516413094.jpg (835x835, 148K)

What?

lol

What? It's like the perfect album.

It insists upon itself.

Reddit

How does it insist upon itself?

Dubs

I can't even finish the album, I haven't even heard Good Morning Captain

trips

Ok

Threads over

I agree

Attached: c1f38ddd.jpg (500x700, 53K)

I SAID GOODBYEEEEEE TO THE CROWN

goodbye to the ground

I think its silly

thread saved

Spiderland is a masterpieces in rock history. Leveraging from experiments of preceding years, Slint is now completing a more sophisticated search on rhythm and resonance, culminating in an almost transcendental quality.
Instead of being simple abstract panels, pieces like Breadcrumb Trail are "narration's", which no matter how complicated and convoluted, continue a dramatic harmonic zigzag (as founded in blues).

not funny at all

The lattice continuously dilates and contracts. Don Aman indulges in an avant-garde performance by playing with guitar chords such that, if played at the correct tempo, would be melodious, but played with longer and irregular pauses, are only a sequence of chords. The effect is hypnotic however, much like in New Age acoustic pieces, even if confounded with a very "rock" neurosis. Washer, with its whispered lullaby, sickening beats, and slow development, is derived as much from "nocturnal" blues as from the broader acid rock, which calls to mind the "slowcore" of Codeine. For Dinner is an even more "narcotic", anemic, seething and drowsy piece.

Almost all the pieces among this delirium are the improvised beginnings of hard rock. Nosferatu Man is probably the one most stricken by these starts. The last piece, Good Morning Captain, acts as a small resurgence of all of these lofty techniques, alternating itself with tones of a wearied guitar, neglected percussion tempos and haunting vocals. The effect is exactly that of erecting an iceberg for tragic suspense. It constitutes one of the most upsetting musical narrations in the history of modern rock.
This is what makes Spiderland a monumental work, in its capacity to construct rock music without reconstructing the stereotypes of its genre, without recourse to iconic sounds or prefabricated codes, that have always constituted the principle channels of rock expression.

Attached: 1558733757901.png (476x476, 149K)

Sneed

Its definitely not a shit album

chequed

Attached: 1556336370833.gif (278x248, 8K)

same

It's a solid 7