Unpretentious Jazz is best Jazz. Why aren't the other highly rated jazz albums as good as this?

Unpretentious Jazz is best Jazz. Why aren't the other highly rated jazz albums as good as this?

Attached: A1IVl84n+WL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-3kIXlEGA
youtube.com/watch?v=HGPunZVIs3M
youtube.com/watch?v=P0FIsFD9MXU
youtube.com/watch?v=4WjU4eXYWg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wh*Te "jazz"
Oh no no no

>white people jazz
lol

>Unpretentious
>concept album about playing jazz in unusual time signatures
OK Buddy. Sure.

I'm not white tho. What are some other white people jazz then? Bill Evans is also not good and he is also gets linked with this white Jazz bullshit.

>Why aren't the other highly rated jazz albums as good as this?

See

what are you

Arab

Dave Brubeck is as pretentious as jazz gets. Also fuck Stan Getz.

>Unpretentious Jazz is best Jazz

Agreed. The greatest jazz wase made in the 1920s and 30s.

It’s not that good user

Aren't white people smarter than black people hence they have better taste? Why is it a bad thing now?

>What are some other white people jazz then?
This isn't actually what you want. White people jazz just describes jazz made by or popular with white people but that can be anything from ECM style stuff to Benny Goodman.
What you actually want is cool jazz made by small combos. Which can be made and enjoyed by anyone of any race. Like all jazz.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-3kIXlEGA
youtube.com/watch?v=HGPunZVIs3M

>Bill Evans is also not good
wrongest opinion i've ever read. jazz is not for you.

Didn't listen to his music yet. I just knew that it is considered white and said that to get another rec and to raise the bar if this makes sense. I've been listening to a lot of jazz in the last two weeks and I honestly haven't felt interested in a genre like this for a long time. I just happened to like this album more than other top rym Jazz albums bar in a silent way as it's less pretentious and an easier listen as opposed to Bitches Brew for example. I know I'll like those more in the future and think that I was stupid but right now I want stuff like this.

Thanks for the recs they're both good. I know it has nothing to do with race, I was just talking in mu's language. Anything like the first track of the album I posted? Is it also considered cool jazz because it's more explosive like bop but I'm no expert at all Im still a noob. I like the highs and lows in music so I hope these guys' albums are similar in this way too.

>Didn't listen to his music yet
You probably should before deciding it's not good.
youtube.com/watch?v=P0FIsFD9MXU

I'm going to I already told you I said that in order to avoid this recommendation and see who else considered "white people jazz" and I said not good to get something even better. Apparently the poster just wanted to meme. Also this is good.

If a black man makes jazz that's pretentious because OP is too white to understand it.

Blue Rondo is a little bit unusual, even for that album. The tracks I posted are more in line with say Three to Get Ready. There are more upbeat numbers on those albums too though.
> Is it also considered cool jazz because it's more explosive like bop but I'm no expert at all Im still a noob
Yep, it is. A lot of cool jazz is mid-high tempo. You're never gonna get like the stupid fast, B. Quick tier stuff but it's not uncommon for cool jazz to be uptempo.
youtube.com/watch?v=4WjU4eXYWg4
There's a story about cool jazz that often gets told about it being made by a bunch of people who wanted to be everything that bop wasn't. There was a desire to break away from bop but the people who founded cool jazz all came out of that scene and liked that music. You can hear Bop all over tracks like Move that are supposedly foundational to the style. Max could have played a drum solo like that in a bop song and it would have still sounded great.
On that note, I think what you might be looking for is probably more heavily arranged jazz. Check out Milestones and the Miles David/Gil Evans collabs (they're all pretty great, just go in order: Miles Ahead, Porgy and Bess, etc.)
Also maybe Coltrane's Africa/Brass.
They're all pretty big ensembles compared to the Brubeck stuff. That tends to serve the Third Stream leanings in Blue Rondo.

Couldn't ask for a better answer. I already like Miles but haven't listened to everything by him obviously there's too many but it seems that everything he touches is gold. Maybe I should focus on one artist at a time and not let fear of missing out gets me.

He has his fair share of turds if you go looking for them.
There is good reason he's so well respected though.
>Maybe I should focus on one artist at a time and not let fear of missing out gets me
There's value in both approaches desu. If Brubeck or Miles really catch your attention, they've both got plenty of great records and your time won't be wasted hearing what else they've done.
Another thing you can do is check out the work their sidemen have done. Paul Desmond for example has been on some really nice records as a bandleader and a sideman for people other than Brubeck.

Attached: My children were raised you know they suddenly rise they started slow long ago head to toe healthy w (600x600, 125K)