I want to be redpilled on BH

Is he considered bad taste? What's Yea Forums's opinion on him in general? Thanks in advance.

Attached: 229a79375a857aba9fe73f6b24508a8c.jpg (550x826, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NkOo6TRB_o4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucking pussy
listen to whatever you want

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy? Why does he wear the mask?

that's not what he asked, you fuckem buckem

Irrelevant musical genius

why would it be considered bad taste?
dude's got inhuman chops, a good sense of melody, works stupidly hard, releases 50000 albums a year, is humble as fuck, an introvert like everyone else on this site AND he's got a sob story

Buckethead is based.
According to the buckethead mythos, I think it's either because his face was disfigured by chickens, or because he's actually a robot.

>is he considered bad taste
Yea Forums just reaks of self conscious dumbassory

I heard he wears the KFC bucket to pay homage to all the dead chickens in the world

noone cared who he was until he put it on

people come here to obtain some sort of pass to listen to shit because they see you fucks like high priests of music or some shit

>mask

IT'S

A

PROSTHETIC

Attached: bucket_head_sallaway_1503.jpg (610x409, 35K)

Anyone who considers shredding a passable manner of playing a guitar is the ultimate pleb.

Buckethead is very based, especially in his early years. What a bizarre dude, all the masks, all the voices, all the characters - absurd musical genius interlaced with batshit crazy fun.

Yeah, it used to be emblazoned with FUNERAL to bring about awareness to the "Chicken Holocaust".

I Come In Peace is about a 10ft robot buckethead using his guitar to free all the chickens in Japan, you can't make that shit up.

Anyone who considers buckethead's guitar playing to be only shredding is a narrow minded fool who heard Jordan on Guitar Hero II when they were 12 and then never looked any further at Buckethead.

Maybe that makes you, in fact, the ultimate pleb.

Ask me how I know you've never really listened to him.

What is the essential Buckethead?

Attached: Capture.jpg (347x449, 17K)

Good thing that's not at all what he does.

youtu.be/NkOo6TRB_o4

>AND he's got a sob story
:( what's his sob story?
i really like that dnb ep he did

Best Comments
Awful Cringe

how ironic that he suffers from a heart condition where his heart sometimes beats out of rhythm

also his parents ded

that year where he released all those albums, I believe he was trying to make money to pay for his, or his parents's treatment. not sure which

His face was severely scratched by chickens, so he's forced to wear the mask. The bucket[on his head] is homage to the chicken holocaust.
Truly tragic user, truly tragic.

Did you listen to his interview? He's always been extremely shy and had a strong stage fright so the mask kinda helps him to 'distance' himself from the things that make him nervous.
The dude is such a cinnamon pie if you think...

Attached: d1jntk4-eb683489-a09d-42f4-8d73-3c71bab29951.png (740x1061, 301K)

>that one moment when he talked about his late parents

It felt like his heart was definitely breaking in two.

Hmmm
Albums that are good all the way thru: colma, electric tears
Albums to listen to at least once to pick out the songs you like: crime slunk scene, albino slug, shadows between the sky, slaughterhouse on the prairie, kaleidoscalp, decoding the tomb of bansheebot.
Unfortunately for how based buckethead is, every other song on his albums you can delete guilt free.
Also theres some good songs on in search of the... but that's a LOT to look through

That's a tough question. I'd recommend starting with his studio albums. Colma is considered one of his best. From there you can jump to Electric Tears and the Electric Sea records. A Real Diamond in the Rough is one of my absolute favorites. Population Override is another one to check out. Bucketheadland is his first, it's neat. Look through the rest after that.

His EPs, he calls them pikes, are at release 275 so those will keep you busy for ages. If you only want to dip your toes in these then start with Pike 13, it's incredibly emotional. He released it when his father was very ill. Pike 65 was in dedication to his mother passing. Pike 150 was when his dad passed away.

Like mentioned, he was super close to his parents. They both got sick around the same time, and that's why Buckethead started a mad release schedule to help them with hospital bills. They both passed away within a year of each other iirc. And then it turns out he has a heart condition

Attached: 1507862247114.jpg (636x960, 56K)

>His face was severely scratched by chickens
why on Earth would CHICKENS do this kind of thing to anyone? Could he at least think of a better legend?

The usual lame "I have to hide my gruesome scars ;(" stuff.

buckethead is a treasure. i will never listen to every single thing he's put out but its a wonder that i can just pick some random pike album or side project and enjoy listening to it. electric tears, colma, bansheebot, acoustic shards, peppers ghost are all classics. dude's a master and has a real love for guitar.

that sucks
i cri everytime

I wonder if he genuinely enjoys being weird or it's more of a "stage act" sort of thing.

Attached: b79c7e17812c0eeee8816221482c157c.gif (320x240, 1.68M)

He's sure been through some shit. Damn.

monsters and robots
giant robot ntt
colma
elephant man's alarm clock
mirror realms

his guitar playing on gnr's chinese democracy is phenomenal and worth hearing, especially his extended solo on "there was a time."

you serious? of course it's an act
what else could it be

autism

Make your own judgements on why he wears a mask.

Attached: Brian Patrick Carroll.png (602x695, 284K)

That's Stephane Alaux, a French guitarist.

Attached: 1395430870100.jpg (251x242, 11K)

Exactly..

he’s a big guy

Attached: D1EFA9CE-AD84-46C1-8141-1BFCFD68ED7E.jpg (750x346, 53K)

quite literally this
have you listened to that interview he did? definitely autism

I dunno, he just sounded like a typical shut-in guy to me, a lot of 4channers seem the same.

a lot of 4channers have autism

i have autism, I know what it sounds like

>why would it be considered bad taste?
because it's shit

Doesn't make enough rock tunes.

>I have autism
>therefore i am qualified to diagnose autism
pretty autistic thing to say, user.

Jordan is patrician

is that with or without the chicken bucket?
because that chicken bucket is a good foot-15 inches.