Grunge = Hair Metal

Grunge is to Punk as Hair Metal is to Metal.

Grunge is just castrated, sterile punk music that's going for accessibility and money. Taking the edge out of punk as hair metal did thrash and groovy metal

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nPD1CuPxH_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh no, it's retarded.

Attached: 1517992512623s.jpg (125x66, 2K)

Not as retarded as believing grunge is anti big company

Nice ten year old meme

Attached: 1551838274856~3.jpg (507x506, 72K)

Grunge isnt punk
Its just a grouping
Alice in Chains barely sound anything like Nirvana other than distorted guitars

ever try liking more than one thing at once? try it. its not so bad

Attached: 1536958664017.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

I mean I'm a prog rock fan that likes country, metal, some ballad rock, hard rock, and a very small amount of pop and hip hop.

Oh wow this makes no sense for a whole slew of reasons...
A. punk and metal are not exclusive to "grunge" or "hair metal", there are "grunge" bands who are more metal bands than punk bands and "hair metal" bands who have a punk influence in one way or another, and metal as whole started fusing with punk around the time "hair metal" began, so it's not like those are mutually exclusive things
B. Grunge is not a sub genre of punk in the first place, it just so happens the biggest band (Nirvana) leaned more toward punk than metal, but it was still just alternative rock/hard rock at its core, and only an idiot would compare grunge values to punk values
C. "Hair metal" was never a term until the 90's, the glam look was just a thing some bands did because it was cool in the 70's, and kids who grew up to form bands in the 80's had those influences and wanted to have that same look...but the early stuff now called "hair metal" was simply "heavy metal" when it came out, saying it was some corporate money grab at the start is pure revisionist history, there was an organic scene and as far as "edge" goes thrash metal was still underground, that was the beginning of metal becoming "edgy" in the way you're talking about
>Groovy metal
And I realize I just wasted all this time responding to a troll thread, but fuck you I'm posting it anyway faggot

Nirvana is total garbage but most grunge bands had little to do with punk.

Grunge isn't a sound you dumbass, it's just a name they gave to the alt-rock bands from the late 80s and early 90s

And more specifically, the Seattle scene. Jane's Addiction, RHCP, Smashing Pumpkins etc are not "grunge" and never were considered so

I've seen you post this idiocy before.
Grunge is not a punk subgenre, and many grunge bands had more in common with metal, or at least Led Zeppelin, than punk.

That's pop punk, user. I don't think Nirvana is a good example. They were born of Melvins, Pixies, and country style. I'm not really seeing that 'punk' played a big role there.

Nirvana was the grunge band closest to punk and pop though

>castrated, sterile punk music that's going for accessibility and money
What do you think punk music is? It always was accessible and commercial

>dude genres
>dude stigmas
>dude credibility

what if i told you none of this matters and to just listen to what makes you feel good?

>says someone in 2019

Could've been said 40+ years ago though. Sex Pistols and The Clash are literally manufactured bands

grunge is just poor man's stoner rock

Attached: 68755739_893219617710011_6269990827196416000_n.jpg (960x960, 244K)

Who on earth has said that? Grunge was the last thing music industry put money into before going into supporting retarded xanax homos.

fuck, why has someone put my feelings into gif form?

>Grunge was the last thing music industry put money into before going into supporting retarded xanax homos.
Actually
>Boy/girl groups/bubblegum pop
>Nu-metal
>Pop punk
>Rock revival or whatever you wanna call it, bands that start with "The"
>MCR, Fallouboy, their ilk

There was other things that obviously had billions of dollars dumped into them

if the best example is way off the mark, then case in point I guess.

watch World Peace, it's full of those kinds of moments.

>way off the mark
But Nirvana referred to themselves as punk, and Nirvanafags always go on about Kurt's pop songwriting sensibilities

>Grunge is just castrated, sterile punk music that's going for accessibility and money

have you even listened to anything other than Nevermind?

youtube.com/watch?v=nPD1CuPxH_M

>posts a castrated Killing Joke ripoff
You showed him

>World Peace
Go back to your kek fantano btfo twitter thread

but that's wrong, you massive faggot.

Attached: 1569088966618.jpg (430x429, 31K)

Too bad killing joke is shit and stole that riff too

extremely based

>killing joke is shit
Then that makes Nirvana double shit for not being able to come up with their own material

Grunge had NOTHING to do with punk.
It was basically a rip off of "Classic Rock" (Whatever the fuck that is) and given a new name.

Same pig, different lipstick.

Grunge is like hair metal if hair metal were cool and all the babes wanted to hang out with the band