Almost 2020

I am forgotten....

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

not by me

Not really. They pretty much defined music for this whole decade

you death grips fans are pathetic and should go back to plebbit

I haven't listened to a single Death Grips song yet, despite how much I'm reminded of this bands existence here.

I first heard about them when they put out Exmilitary and I only really listened to their music recently. They're pretty good

lol the xxxtentacion wagon, sure

They are very 2010s but the 2010s is not very Death Grips

they really did, they did whatever they wanted, all while keeping their heads down and making great music. who else had the balls and realness to drop out of shows because they felt like it, who the fuck else "disbanded" with a paper napkim note then released an instrumental album months later completely fucking with their fans, whether you like it or not its true. they're too raw, they're artists, may be entertainers but the lot of these fuckers aren't artists, just actors.

>napkim

Attached: Eiffel_65_copy.jpg (2050x1367, 214K)

Attached: gig.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

>people are replying to this like its not bait

Yeah the one Kanye hooked up with that was covered in Ray Js load

>realness to drop out of shows because they felt like it
sounds pretty shitty if you ask me
but you'll still eat it up becuase you think liking Death Grips means you're cool

They don't really have to do shit for a while lol

>make an album using samples of Bjork
Madmen if I ever saw any.

>just realized an entirely new decade is coming up
Oh fuck, time really flies
I wonder what the defining genre of the 2020's is going to be

Attached: 1442986240897.jpg (2758x1822, 481K)

I just realized Death grips are just King Gizzard for non Australians

Not by me man. Forever in me heart.

>music
>in the 2010s
There wasn't any

I'm guessing post-rap/hip-hop, judging by how popular it is now.

whatever 100 gecs is

>remember a quote by zach saying he'll usually stick with a project for about 10 years, then move on
Wouldn't be surprised if they legit broke up in a year or so, not saying that's a good thing, but it would make sense. Hopefully that means we'll still get other projects from the rest of them.

so just what PC music has been doing for the last 5 years with MySpace nostalgia added in?

Attached: 1537312124843.png (1080x1033, 889K)

Looks like I'll be skipping music entirely for a second decade straight!

if your musical scope is narrow for sure cunt

soon

i’m guessing hip hop will be popular but will start to die down by 2030

Yeah, it's truly mind-boggling how little attention they get on here
No thread about Year of the Snitch ever gets more than 10 replies anymore, and retards here used to love this retarded band
It's fucking pathetic how they act like it doesn't exist anymore just because it ran out of style (in less than a fucking year)

i dunno, i can definetly see Ride sticking to painting and whatnot if they break up
The I.L.Y's still might go on though

in general, I think Hip Hop and Pop are going through a rennaisance. We are seeing that they are branching out from simple songwriting that derives from rock music and seeing that they are rebasing themselves on a hip-hop foundation.

I think that the soundcloud rapper / emo trap music is gonna blow up. Stuff like bladee, yxngxrl1, lil peep is around right now but it's more experimental. Pop music in general is going to have a bunch of new elements that are being pioneered by experimental groups like 100 gecs.

And that's gonna intersect with more innovations, especially fetish rap like CupcakKe, Tommy Genesis, Charli XCX, and Doja Cat. PC music is also going to continue pushing the boundaries of pop in general, fusing it with more experimental and perhaps ambient sounds.

Hip hop is going to become more introspective I think. We already see that to an extent, but I think we're going to start getting more of it and better. Stuff like Doris, Because the Internet, Blonde, and probably some of Drake's early stuff are going to become much more common.