If you had to choose, would you rather learn to play the guitar or the drums and why?

If you had to choose, would you rather learn to play the guitar or the drums and why?

Attached: 1550944486054.jpg (600x600, 86K)

Piano because it’s better than both of those.

Ok sure, but which do you think is better out of those two?

drums, anything can be a drum, only a guitar can be a guitar

Guitar if you’re interested in songwriting. Drumming gives little-to-no capacity for this

Fpbp
OP be sure to take this advice. Don't start a pop punk band you dweeb.

Drums. Scenes need drummers.

>interested in songwriting
Not really. Just wanted to learn an instrument for fun, like a hobby sort of thing. I have no creativity whatsoever to get into songwriting.

Also, drum machines are very popular nowadays, so you won’t even find work like in the old days

guitar because I live alone and have no friends, nor will I ever be part of a band
playing the guitar by itself is less autistic than playing drums by itself

Just buy an SR-16 lmao

Fine. Guitar because it’s actually an instrument. Any Neanderthal with sticks can play drums.

neither, learning either of those instruments in the year 2019 is a waste of energy

Well I play guitar and I know other guitarists, but when looking to get a band together a drummer always seems to be the bottleneck

So I guess I'd forget guitar to learn drums roughly as well

Both because i don't like hypotheticals and i like both.

You’re a moron, playing a basic bitch beat is one thing but when a band has a great drummer it’s makes any song sound exponentially better, especially live

I can just get my computer to play it

Yeah guitar is more popular, but I guess my question revolves around what would be more fun to learn, rather than which is in more demand. I have no interest in joining a band, just doing it as a hobby like I said earlier.

Guitar would let you do more things musically

Drums lay the foundation for everything else. good rhythm is non negotiable for any instrument. If you become a good drummer it will increase your ability on other instruments twofold

>not already knowing how to play both

I learned how to play the drums in like 4 days, guitar is still difficult for me.

Guitar is pretty easy. You can reliably play 90% of pop songs within the first month of picking it up and it’s easier to impress people with it. Drums is more Chad and will, if you ever decide to join a band, make you much more in demand.

You will never write as good of percussion as an experienced drummer, drum machines are cool but are still fairly limited live. Pretty much can’t play dynamically at all unless you REALLY get autist about programming levels and velocity beforehand

if u wanna be in a band
drums or synth

By learning to play drums you mean you learned which feet go on which pedals and how to adjust the hi hat?

I already know how to play drums, so
Guitar.

Bass

>Rhythmic composition doesn't exist

Guitar because of songwriting.

I play both but I learned drums about 3 years before guitar. My experience in bands you feel less involved in the song just keeping the rhythm than if you play the melodies. Still a blast to tweak a song with your little drum fills and stylistic choices.

Thanks, lads. Leaning towards guitar, but perhaps drums is something I can get into after.

>doing anything musically except "service to the song"
ah, to be young again

I do it all sometimes good sometimes bad. Currently im drumming with a bassist sorta like Lightning Bolt and my beats are inspired by Beefheart and Hardcore music. Also singing for that.