How is your local music scene?

East coast Ireland
>Lots of edgy kids who tried to ape Green Day/MCR that quit shortly before their 20s
>A couple of unremarkable indie/alt rock rock bands that'll never get big no matter how hard the media shills them
>Couple of EDMfags here and there
>Hundreds of dadrock cover bands that make tons off of playing in pubs

Attached: x3c38gr5w3vz.jpg (500x357, 14K)

I live in Richmond, and we had Sparklehorse for a while. He could’ve possibly revived our scene but then he an heroined

I’m in LA so there’s a bit of everything. Everyone loves to hate on us, but then they move here and start snorting coke off of cocks.

its all fucking 17 year olds making grime

Southern MN. Nothing but shitty punk music everywhere. Fuck.

Attached: 1500317417822.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>Maine
>literally nothing

Attached: maine-mountains-map.jpg (1030x1255, 162K)

São Paulo

> Brazilian funk, everywhere

Maine seems like it'd be comfy if you had plenty of money and transportation.

story of my life. it's also funny how small incidents are the big stories on the news. like a car accident. or one person being shot. nothing happens here and that's a good thing.

Attached: tumblr_o0lk8yaTaE1v0pigno1_500.jpg (499x499, 52K)

Midi-Pyrénées, lot of indie music and free party. Yeah I like it.

central NJ.
all the 3rd wave emo and math bands broke up.
its dead.

Bristol, Engerlund
Bit of errything

mostly EDMfags, we do have a small noise scene and also a couple hardcore punk and screamo bands.
And way too much metal bands

askip les teuf en montagne vous vous faites pas raid par les flics, chez oim ils sont partout (et ils ont tué Steve cette année)

ventura ca

wannabe wigger rappers and bar rock cover bands mostly

I thought I knew French

Non c'est calme par contre ils t'attendent à la sortie de la route ces batards. Dis adieu à ton permis si t'es conducteur.

Loud Punk music
One of the bands has a flute though which is pretty cool

we have sir mix-a-lot.
/thread

I'm guessing it's pretty bad out there for hip hop too then? I'm gonna be moving there with some friends soon.

Dublin is about the same but with a few edge cases. I've seen some a Jandek ripoff, some metal, some jazz funk, etc.
There used to be a bunch of cool math rock bands working with the Richter Collective but I think they're defunct now and I haven't seen a lot of their more prominent acts like ASIWYFA and Adebisi Shank around much lately.

>long island
>i dont know because i dont leave the house

Attached: 1569039099342.jpg (684x628, 467K)

lots of hardcore

>Las Vegas
Last I checked it was soundcloud rappers but like other anons I don't leave the house.
Used to live in Idaho for a bit and what I've heard that they have a punk scene over there.

Come on and feel the Illinoise
A fuckton of country, folk and indie rock/indie folk. There used to be a shit ton of Yes clones around, and a lot of emo.

Near Albany, NY.
I have no idea anymore, the only restaurant near us that hosted bands closed down years ago.
It was just dadrock cover bands.

Ottawa
>Boring pop punk/alt rock
>Boring folk
>Boring trap

Only good band here is the Souljazz Orchestra and maybe some blues-jazz bands

south of Ireland
>a meme rap group

>Philly
fucking terrible, there are some mediocre noise rock bands but the college scene is drexel kids making pop punk, temple kids making boring indie rock. I just wanna play some avant folk man

too bad you missed snowing and algernon and glocca morra and thousand acre woods

>Northern Kentucky
Literally all just shitty post hardcore bands who think "having fun" is an apt substitute for talent.

blacks, trannies and boring hardcore bands

Jersey Shore
>the dios mio kid from stranger things has a band, it’s terrible
>there’s one good marching band that keeps winning awards, in northern ocean county I believe
>generic punk bands and surfer bands
>I once saw Springsteen at a restaurant
that’s all

Peru, Lima
Copy paste of indie and punk

>jersey shore
remember the Brick post-hardcore scene?
remember the 2014 easycore scene?
thank god all thats dead
are there any ska bands left? i remember there being a few when i still stomped around there

I don’t think there’s ska left. Also you just reminded me that brick had the marching band.

Toronto
>lots of cool post-punk, slowcore, and indie/jangle pop
Honestly, there's some interesting stuff coming out of Southern Ontario and I wouldn't be surprised if some of it becomes big within in the next few years

bump

Victoria
No idea really

DC. Used to be great in the 80s, dead as fuck now. It's too expensive to live here and the city's taken over by rich bros and yuppie normies. DC still has some hoods but there aren't even that many good rappers from here. And go-go is basically dead.