Makes best album of his career right after the Beatles's break-up, just when the influence of John and Paul was fresher

>makes best album of his career right after the Beatles's break-up, just when the influence of John and Paul was fresher
>makes nothing but shit after
Really makes you think...

Attached: All_Things_Must_Pass_1970_cover.jpg (220x220, 12K)

Attached: BFF151BA-7536-4A74-8DF3-B725E5BB4F48.jpg (638x470, 51K)

What is the saying? -- "You have your whole life to write your first album. You have 6 months to write your second."

When you're getting 1 song per Beatle album -- 2, from Rubber Soul onward -- you tend to stockpile a LOT of material.

George's GREAT ERROR was in releasing a triple album (really a double album) as his solo debut disc. He had a shitload of songs and he wanted to get them all out there at once. He blew his creative load. All Things Must Pass should've been a single album. Imagine how much stronger Living in the Material World would've been.

Attached: ADs two (9).jpg (271x400, 56K)

I always thought the same thing. I would be curious to know when the songs on All Things Must Pass and Living in the Material World were written and how far back some of them date. I actually haven't listened to much of his later albums though. Are they really all bad? Are there any that standout?

I like gone troppo

>LITMW, s/t, Cloud Nine and Brainwashed are shit

Kill yourself my man

Not based

Attached: cloudnine.jpg (1300x1300, 250K)

Gone Troppo is vastly underrated. He never promoted it, he just released it unannounced. It’s a real joy to listen to though
I highly recommend everyone go listen to Gone Troppo

Based Ray

Wilburys were better

If the Beatles made another album and each member did the songs they did around 1970, he would have been the strongest contributor on that album by FAR. However, the rest of ATMP is not very good, it has to be said. Like what are we getting excited about here, the masterpiece that is "Wah-Wah?"

Wah-Wah is great you cunt

I somehow cut out the part where I explained Harrison's would have been What Is Life and My Sweet Lord.

hope of deliverance is a bop

shit thats from paul isnt it

I find it funny how little Roy Orbison is utilized on TW Vol. 1 despite the fact that he's the only one on there who's more or less known as a singer first and foremost. Probably had something to do with his shitty health I guess

based

I would love to hear the alternative reality version where Tom Petty didn't get involved

Dylan and Harrison make Petty and Lynne sort of redundant, but I don't actively hate them being there. Tom Petty has a kind of meh discography but he's sort of charming as a diversion, it's like what happens when you have a frontman that should have been a sideman.

Self titled is godly, Living in the material world is decent and even his shit ones are underrated. Never looked at it that way before though, that he blew his load too quick, makes sense. Kinda wonder why he hung onto Not Guilty for ten years.

Dark Horse is really good and even the albums people hate are still alright.

can never decide what is worst about this cover, is it the teeth, the shirt or the graphic design

The teeth? Nice teeth for a Brit honestly

Nothing wrong about that cover.