ITT: musicians that remind you of yourself

ITT: musicians that remind you of yourself.

For me it's Scaruffi - intelligent, nihilistic and with a Zappa-esque sense of humour

>inb4 non-musician
see: scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html

Attached: file.png (209x204, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

faggot

dilate

based

get back to radiohead, this is not for you

based

Steven Wilson

Attached: 4882229056_c1a59c741f_b.jpg (683x1024, 302K)

>hating the beatles

God damn moron

Cringe

based

cringe

cringe

based

based

cringe

>see: scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html
Except
1) there can be musicians without a critic
2) there cannot be critics without a musician
3) Ergo, critic and musician are separate roles

Cringe

Based

t. non musician

I've been playing in bands longer than you've been alive

TUTTI FRUTTI FUCK SCARUFFI

Attached: 8679A0A3-58BB-4CC1-8756-214F3B1B7258.jpg (350x350, 26K)

who

based

cringe (not based)

Is he really a pedo or is it just a meme?

This thread is peak Yea Forums.

Attached: 1566791857979s.jpg (125x94, 3K)

Cringe

Based

yes he is undeniably a pedo

Attached: file.png (498x700, 554K)

>B-B-B-B-BUT THE SEER AND TBK ARE THE BEST ALBUMS

Attached: scarwans.jpg (469x340, 56K)

>there can be musicians without a critic
Wrong. If there isn't a critic, those "musicians" are only making noise.

>there cannot be critics without a musician
Right, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

>Ergo, critic and musician are separate roles
Wrong because one of your premises doesn't hold.

Based

Not based

this thread is very zappa-esque

cringe

>Zappa-esque sense of humour

So like kindergarten sense of humor?

>DUDE FARTS BUTTS & VAGINAS HAHAHAHAHAHHAAA DUDE POOP LOL

Cringe

fpbp

>If there isn't a critic, those "musicians" are only making noise.
that's pretty autistic man

Zappa would think he's an idiot for saying the critic is the artist. He's a pretentious weird European with obvious teen girl fixation. he's obsessed with novelty to the determient of lisentability. it's why he can't appreciate actually talented and tasteful musicians like Paul Simon. and his sycophantic basement dwelling zoomer fans would even scoff at the idea that Paul Simon would be considered a good musician. Scaruffi's grudge against listenability and any of degree of subtlety permeates through his fanbase. I give him a 6/10, he makes for an interesting character.

Explain idealizing Scaruffi when idealizing Fantano is seen as pathetic. Do you really need the permission of some internet idol to like/dislike music?

based

>The critic is the real artist.
Scaruffi is a 0/10
not a big loss for music

Also, this opinion of himself ("the critic is the artist") goes a long way in explaining his more puzzling reviews and pet favorites. It's his own weird art form in his mind, so he's purposefully contrarian or agreeable in completely arbitrary ways. He's basically admitting to being a troll.

Scaruffi and his drones BTFOed eternally. Saved.

>any of degree of subtlety

What do you mean?

Scaruffi favors in your face crazy zaniness instead of creating culturally impactful memorable tunes created with a social listening environment in mind. Scaruffi's unlisentable fetish reveals what a loner he really is. Innovation in music is fun as fuck, but most normal people don't want to listen to Royal Trux at dinner parties. I think if you're missing the social function of music you're missing out on a huge, I would say core part of why humans even like music at all. I say this as someone who really enjoys bizarre experimental stuff, not knocking these musicians at all. a lot of it is amazing music. he just has a willful blind spot because he has a juvenile perspective on what music "should" be.

it's like an artfag version of the "logical atheist" autism, it's missing the social dimension that makes these things especially meaningful and memorable. once you realize humans are animals defined by their sociability you re-orient your perspective to a more healthy one.

Merzbow, Boredoms, The Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Buckethead, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Rob Leereveld, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Dün, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Locust Toybox, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Negativland, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, death’s dynamic shroud, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Jordaan Mason and the Horse Museum, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, The Caretaker, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Exuma, Paavoharju, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Sachiko M, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Ryoji Ikeda, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Ruusut, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Osamu Sato, William Basinski, Mahmoud Ahmed, Pere Ubu, Henry Flynt, Helium Horse Fly, Kazumoto Endo, Fuck Buttons, David Tudor, Machine Girl, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, DJ Rozwell, Stalaggh, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, James Ferraro, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Panchiko, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Flotation Toy Warning, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, Plas-tech Squeeze Box, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, The Psychic Tunnel, Magma, Opus Avantra, Savage Young Taterbug, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, and Kaoru Abe

it's literally true

I'm still trying to reach Sasha Grey's level. she's a filthy degenerate but damn if I wouldn't love to share music with her.

it's literally not true. how could you possibly think you can't make music without a critic? are you telling me we need christmas jingle critics for the purpose of it being classified as music? music is music if it's made with the purpose of being music, no matter what a critic will ever think or say.

Didn't know Scaruffi played music.

>music is music if it's made with the purpose of being music
t. critic
Thanks for proving me right.

Only a fool would take the advice of music critics to decide what music he should like and dislike. Music critics also have limited experience and biases and lack of knowledge in several forms of music.

>Only a fool would take the advice of music critics to decide what music he should like and dislike
Everybody follows a critic whether they know it or not.

>Music critics also have limited experience and biases and lack of knowledge in several forms of music.
You are not better than them.

worst post in this thread

My point is that music critics should not be seen as "authority". One must build his own taste in music without assistance from critics. Reading a music review creates a doubt in the mind of the listener and often makes him try and enjoy something he wouldn't at first listen.

In other words, he forces himself to like things and dislike things just to appear as one with good taste.

>My point is that music critics should not be seen as "authority".
And only retards believe they are, but it's critics what will dictate what we listen to, whether we like it and know it or not.

>One must build his own taste in music without assistance from critics.
That's impossible to achieve, and even if possible, of doubtful benefit.

Scaruffi has good taste, Fantano doesn't, that's literally all there is to it.

If that's the beef here then I can say with 100% certainty that I side with Scaruffi. My critiques of Scaruffi are in no way meant to bolster or defend h3h- I mean Fantano.

Scaruffi is at least interesting in the way Alex Jones is.

scartuffi is rock music's foremost intellectual; fantano is a hobbyist with a youtube channel

This is marginally true but it breaks down when you realize that he’s highly rated more traditional artists like Nick Drake, Van Morrison, and Red House Painters too. So no he doesn’t only like “zany” music.

Id like to add that I don’t drone Scaruffi or think he’s always right either. But just blatantly misrepresenting his tastes to prove your point is pretty stupid

I'd be willing to bet he grew up listening to the former two and Red House Painters is pretty mopey and "indie" weird. Again, think in terms of barbecues and dinner parties. There's good music that can be enjoyed by a broad audience and Scaruffi almost entirely hates it. Reeks of trying too hard, and being a bit too absorbed in his own fixations.

Again you’re making claims that are unfounded. Pink Moon came out when he was 18. Hell there’s that one song he rated highly that was just some random 90s pop song. I forget what it’s called. So no man you just seem mad that he doesn’t have the same taste as you.

If you don't notice a distinct pattern of abstract, difficult music being highly rated, then you haven't read much scaruffi. You can keep mentioning the Brown Eyed Girl he nutted to when he lost his virginity at 18 but the overall pattern is unmistakable.

I’ve read most of his reviews man and sure maybe there’s a pattern but that doesn’t mean he highly rates stuff JUST for being experimental. Most of the experimental stuff he rated highly is genuinely well executed and done well. What do you even have against experimental music in the first place? If you want to read reviews praising popular and universal albums read ANY other publication. What you’re doing is like going to a clothing store and complaining they don’t sell bread

>>NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

I like experimental music and a lot of the stuff he promotes is great. But he acts as if that's the only kind of music that matters. there's an entire wavelength he's missing, which is typical for autistic savant types. for someone who isn't a scaruffi fanboy you sure sound like a scaruffi fanboy

He isn't a musician

>There's good music that can be enjoyed by a broad audience and Scaruffi almost entirely hates it.
You do know he gave Bruce fucking Springsteen one of the highest scores ever, right?

bump

For me its Steve Albini.
Fucking retarded little twerp nerd.
Big Black´s live version of heartbeat is the best live performance ever just so you know