OASIS:

Where should I start? Can you give me your top 5 songs?

Attached: OASIS.jpg (800x600, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4
youtube.com/watch?v=aokx24j_xhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Start with Definitely Maybe.
1. Champagne Supernova
2. The Masterplan
3. Rock 'n' Roll Star
4. Slide Away
5. Some Might Say

Listen Up
Cast No Shadow
Slide Away
The Masterplan
Up In the Sky

>Cast No Shadow
Came here to make sure this was rec'd. That's all.

Not much philosophy here, just go chronologically really. And pay attention to B sides! You'll probably lose interest around SOTSOG though

their first three albums, in chronological order, and the album "the masterplan", which is a collection of b-sides, very good, all is available on spotify

1. What's the story

2. Cast no shadow

3. Some might say

4. Wonderwall

5. Champagne supernova

Most anons on Yea Forums don't actually like Oasis. They're pretty much a meme band. I mean, it's almost embarrassing when I hear Wonder Wall in public

Also hard to pick 5 favorites, here are some lesser known gems

I Hope, I Think, I Know
Roll It Over
Acquiesce
Sad Song
Listen Up

Acquiesce is such an underrated track

You're speaking like if someone said Radiohead is shit because Creep is shit. How fucking dense are you?

this, the only song where they both sing lead i think, truly a banger

Reminder that the worst movie critic also has shit music taste so I'm doing the opposite of what he says lol

Armond loves
>Morrissey
>Bob Dylan (worst voice ever)
>MJ (a molester)
>Oasis
>Kanye West

Armond hates
>Rolling Stones
>Led Zeppelin
>Bruce Springsteen

Attached: Armond White.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

They do that also on Let There Be Love

That's like their most famous B-side behind The Masterplan

They also do on Let There Be Love, Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is and Born on a Different Cloud

right man, forgot about that, ave a good un

LG x

Oasis fucking sucks, Montie.

What's the Story

Slide Away

Roll With It

Live Forever

Hey Now

1. Champagne Supernova
2. Supersonic
3. Don't Look Back in Anger
4. Rocking Chair
5. probably something else from the Masterplan, maybe title track or Half the World Away

Assuming this thread isn't just a troll trying to invoke the WOOHOO response, Oasis aren't really that great, and if you have to "start" somewhere, just listen to the first two albums + the Masterplan, just stop. What I would recommend if you want a similar sound and vibe but executed better would be the Stone Roses. Really talented band with a unique sound (for their time) and pretty much invented the whole Manchester madlad swagger which would become so popular in the early 90s. Without the Roses, no Oasis, this is fact.

The Very Best Of pulls together early singles, tracks from their GOAT debut, and a few later career gems (they only made two albums). Self titled debut is a legitimate 10/10 and directly influenced Oasis. Unmissable. Also check out the Turns Into Stone collection which has some overlap with the best of.
Otherwise, you've probably already heard Pulp, Suede, Blur, but other Britpop acts with some similarities to Oasis include Ocean Colour Scene and Mansun. Otherwise, just listen to the fucking Beatles and the Stones to see where Noel got 90% of the Oasis sound.

Attached: The-stone-roses.jpg (975x550, 96K)

Liam Gallagher is a pompous ass. Keane is better

DM > WTSMG > TM > BHN > DOYS > DBTT > SOTSOG > HC

1. Acquiesce
2. Slide Away
3. D'You Know What I Mean?
4. Cast No Shadow
5. Don't Look Back in Anger

>Where should I start?
>songs
Yikes

take me back bros!

this music video for D'you Know What I Mean? is 22 years old at this point, but this HD remaster looks like it could've been filmed yesterday: youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4

>What I would recommend if you want a similar sound and vibe
>band with a unique sound
Make up your mind

this track is legit awful, wtf are you chattin?

yeah, I phrased that badly, as they don't really sound similar. I was more getting at that they both fit into that "early 90s British indie" sound, which could also be said of people like Blur and Ride despite not really being at all alike.

stfu nigger.

what do you like about it? I can tell you what I dislike about it.

Great melody in the verse. Pre-chorus is catchy as fuck and would be a hit chorus for any other band, fantastic guitar sound and great production.

I personally find the chorus lyrics fucking dumb and meaningless, although the melodies are decent in the verse. My main issue is the same as all the tracks on BHN: repetitive structure that doesn't go anywhere and too fucking long. Also the production doubles down on the compression and loudness from the previous album. I never really liked Noel's guitar sound and he himself considers himself a mediocre guitarist, so I don't know what you think is good about the guitar on this one.

1. Wonderwall
2. Song 2
3. Common People
4. Wonderwall
5. Parklife

lmao based

>lyrics
I've never givena fuck about lyrics. It's fucking music, not a poetry slam.

And yes, I agree that Be Here Now would be a better abum if some of the songs were shorter. Also, I like shoegaze so I like the wall of guitar sound.

to be honest i kind of love how you can pretty much feel coked up the boys were writing and recording Be Here Now. some of it is pretty ridiculous sounding but i dunno, i've always enjoyed it.

Fuck Oasis:
>trite
>derivative
>pub rock
>thunderbirds impersonating
>cunts
>low brow
>pleb tier
>wannabe
>cringe inducing
>whiney singing
>3 chords and the troof
>shit production despite access to decent equipment
all of the above cannot be refuted, yet normies will still sing along to wonderwall like the boring fucking drones they are ..... bore off ahaha!

yeah, its not without its charm, but there is a lot of rock music from that time with much more finesse and detail, I find that its hard to really take Oasis as seriously, especially considering Liam and Noel's attitude towards themselves and other bands on the scene.

Columbia
Let's all make believe
live forever
Stand By Me
Married With Children

while I agree on stone roses I would say just listen to the debut, turns to stone and Sally cinnamon.

nowhere

>other Britpop acts with some similarities to Oasis include Ocean Colour Scene and Mansun

Mansun were so fucking good. They should have been Oasis/Nirvana-tier huge.

Just listen to their discography in order. They're not a very complex or particularly prolific band.

BECAUSE WE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED EACHOTHAH

Live Forever
Slide Away
Columbia
Listen Up
Supersonic

>I Hope, I Think, I Know
>Listen Up
both absolute GOAT bangers

if you want some heavier oasis songs then listen to:
>my big mouth (best song, it's got 30 guitars on it)
>headshrinker
>full on
>morning glory
>bring it on down
be here now gets a lot of shit and it is very average but if you switch off your brain and appreciate that they made it whilst absolutely coked off their tits then it's a blast and absolutely fucking mental

>Can you give me your top 5 songs?
No because there are like 25 Oasis songs I really like, but, i suppose:

Columbia
The Fame
Acquiesce
Hello
One Way Road / The Hindu Times / Its Getting Better Man / Bonehead's Bank Holiday / My Big Mouth / Shakermaker / Cloudburst / Slide Away / Waiting for the Rapture / Morning Glory / Fade Away / Headshrinker / Its Good To Be Free / Some Might Say

Retard Oasis rock
Even Metallica said so
youtube.com/watch?v=aokx24j_xhs

>al this shitting on Be Here Now
If this album was at a reasonable length (under 60 min) it would literally be just as good as Morning Glory you fucktards

If you removed all the shit tracks from Be Here Now, kept the best ones and then added in all of the best songs they put out as B-sides prior to BHN, you'd end up with the best Oasis album.
As it is, there's an EP's worth of good songs on Be Here Now. Most of it is genuinely awful even when you ignore the excessive length and bloated production.

>If you removed all the shit tracks from Be Here Now
So, remove nothing. OK
>B-sides prior to BHN
That's an album in itself.
>genuinely awful
Nah

Start wherever you want man it's all fookin mega

Bonehead's Bank Holiday
Bonehead's Bank Holiday
Bonehead's Bank Holiday
Bonehead's Bank Holiday
Bonehead's Bank Holiday

LG x

Girls who like boys does it for me

This is fucking spot on

>peaked
>extreme
>music for the people
>don't actually know what that means
>attitude
>direct
>working class
>hasbeens
>high test
>singing with soul
>genius in the simplicity
>yeah production was shit, they sound better live
All of the above cannot be refuted, yet edgy fuckboys, like the insecure shitters they are, will still repudiate music because a lot of people enjoy it like ... not having it ahahha!

the yanks can't handle proper rockstars

Both albums were great. Second coming is one of the most underappreciated albums, along with Captain Beyond.

Listen to Slide Away 5 times

this

girl in the dirty shirt

Gas Panic x5

>Most of it is genuinely awful
I cannot fathom how anyone who likes DM and WTS(MG) can honestly feel that way about BHN. It's overall the same caliber of songs, some of them just go in a bit too long and a few feel a bit mediocre, but there's nothing at all BAD on it.

>Chorus fucking dumb

If these aren't the most chad lyrics ever, I dont know what is.

>I met my maker I made him cry and on my shoulder he asked me why. His people won't fly through the storm. I said, listen up man, they don't even know you're born.

Some underrated songs
1. Let's all make believe
2. Bring it on down
3. Their cover of I am the walrus
4. Falling down (chemical brothers remix)
5. Gas panic

THAT MY FAMILY DON'T SEEM SO FAMILIAR

Their B Sides

Liam Gallagher solo albums, especially Beady Eye - Be.

>Can you give me your top 5 songs?
1. Supersonic
2. Don't Look Back In Anger
3. Slide Away
4. Champagne Supernova
5. Acquiesce

attached a photo of my feet if anyone likes that sort of thing

Attached: 0209191817b.jpg (2048x1350, 626K)

Acquiesce
Live Forever
Don't Look Back In Anger
Columbia
Some Might Say

1. Whatever
2. Gas Panic
3. Falling Down
4. The Importance of Being Idle
5. Part of the Queue

Liam's new album is pretty damn good. I highly recommend it.

^This

Armond is a very eloquent troll, though some of his criticisms of popular things like Christopher Nolan movies are spot. Also, this must be bait.

tommorrow never knows

i am the walrus

only a northern song

lucy sky diamonds

scrawburry feelz