String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

old thread

Attached: ctx 100 nt.jpg (448x149, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0t6PBAXAWSm
youtube.com/watch?v=OmVQKFPexRk
youtube.com/watch?v=NeVzHHn1DAU
sendvid.com/ns60m82c
youtu.be/rWD7jEfTtQI?t=552
youtu.be/ySmuxgTvXmU?t=1179
youtube.com/watch?v=xS67fu0QchQ
youtu.be/NU5R7kaLdSU
youtu.be/2FRTPuf3dMk
reverb.com/item/22532205-prs-s2-singlecut-standard-walnut-satin-nitro-s2037414
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nighty night foos

Attached: 15689499768813338380849297278763.jpg (4160x3120, 2.69M)

>he can't afford a Gibson, the only guitar which is good enough, because he spent all of his money on terrible speakers and terrible beer

Attached: smuggabu.jpg (224x210, 41K)

I bet you suck gear doesn’t matter

bass guitars are for faggots

NHOP plays you up any day of the week

Just ordered a Dano 67’ -the body looks so badass I’m surprised I don’t see more of these. Also excited to add lipstick pickups to my tonal palette as I mostly play with humbuckers

Attached: 602C97D3-1E66-4F1A-92E6-D331DFD05872.png (640x1136, 176K)

its a pasta, next time, don't respond

I can play a twelve bar blues

Attached: F2756960-F24B-4D94-B638-217D297E2A90.jpg (984x905, 722K)

Rip.my old tv.

But show me a way to turn a youtube backing track to an importable track and ill do it.

YouTube to mp3 dumbass

google "youtube to mp3", paste your link then download Import into your DAW.

Are you that lazy and retarded?

>buy new 43" inch TV
>can't afford a SM57

Every time I visit this general, I'm blown away by your ineptitude

Attached: qt3apibvoye11.gif (300x300, 480K)

Nigga im boomer tier. I need more than that shit tier explanation

Attached: 15689520504721474037346889330331.jpg (4160x3120, 3.59M)

I can obviously afford it its just not priority

Damn anons, I have been sleeping on Disraeli Gears all these years. Strange Brew is so corny and I guess skimming through I thought if that was the popular track I couldn't be bothered. Outside Woman Blues, SWLABR, and Dance the Night Away are fucking far out

Attached: FB_IMG_1568386943072.jpg (1080x1346, 107K)

Attached: images.jpg (204x184, 37K)

>Stale pasta
>Not respond

hownew.ru

Only a Gibson is good enough.

Attached: pas-carole-tuesday-22-web-720p-aac-792426c9.mkv_snapshot_09.35.882_[2019.09.19_19.36.52].png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

Just wait until this nigga discovers Derek and the Dominoes Live at Fillmore East.

Your epiphone doesn't count tranny

Attached: 1563908404666.png (1024x898, 1.13M)

One comment speaks of recording and the other about mics

I think Strange Brew is an excellent example of EC's ability to craft a short, simple, lyrical solo which perfectly matches the song.

>Studio monitors, even if they're entry level
>Propped on top of a TV

The sheer...i don't even know what word to use. Ineptitude? Tryingtoohardness? Retardation?

Bonus: everything in that photo looks like it has a layer of grime on it. A moving blanket for a desk mat you stole from a Uhaul truck is just...perfect.

I know. just pointing out how much of dumb lazy faggot jcum is.

She looks like she's covered in a layer of grime too.

Par for the course.

Attached: deanowners.jpg (550x390, 108K)

>He couldn't afford an ESP, the only guitar that is exceptionally smooth playing, because he spent all his money on HANL and Deafhaven vinyls

Attached: 1567278765495.gif (345x498, 374K)

shiiit son he ain't gettin up afta that one

I have a Cort from the 90s. It's real playable.

How hard is it to transition from piano/keyboard to guitar?
I was thinking of moving onto guitar as soon as I hit a decent level on keys.

>he can't afford HANL and Deafhaven vinyls, the only vinyls which are good enough, because he spent all of his money on shitty overpriced weeb axes

Attached: laughingkasumi.gif (482x440, 508K)

He said only a Gibson is good enough, so that doesn't exclude other guitars from being better.

>How hard is it to transition
Ask Sammy's boyfriend.

Attached: smugfolderimage998.jpg (304x300, 54K)

Oh wow you actually do listen to that shit

Lmao

Attached: 1557265744266.jpg (437x579, 57K)

I don't know who they are. I just wanted to Kasumipost.

Attached: shruggyshrug.jpg (524x422, 120K)

>I don't know who they are.

As you shouldn't.

L m a o

So like so we do anything in this general? I ain't ever been a Yea Forums person but now that I've been in a band for a while I thought I'd hop in here. Got guitar autism something strong, been learning Marty Friedman solos and practicing a bunch of random shit.

>So like so we do anything in this general?
We funpost. Funposting is fun.

Attached: sataniaconsider.png (979x614, 541K)

Fretting strings is completely different from pressing on piano keys. You're learning whole new technique. And every chord also has a different shape do to the nature of guitar strings all being perfect 4ths and one minor 3rd intervals of eachother

Most of us suck pretty bad. Very few people stick with /gg/ - gear general after playing for a year or two.

Come here if you want to be praised for buying a gibson, argue about some dumb shit (what sounds better, a diode, or a computer simulating a diode? THE DIODE OF COURSE! POORFAGS!) or to dab on newbies.

That sounds legitimately interesting.
I was afraid it would be somehow similar.

there are also these two guys who have been playing for many years but they still suck like they've been playing for 3 or less

dab on them too

the minor 3rd is optional unless you're playing covers. all 4ths tuning is ez.

You're going from press down get note to press down maybe get note, pluck definitely get note, let off maybe get note

>3 or less
3 is generous for Jcum. I was better than him within a couple of months.

>or less

>the minor 3rd is optional unless you're playing covers. all 4ths tuning is ez.
Alternative tunings are a meme. There are very good reasons the guitar is tuned the way it is. It makes chord shapes easier on the hand. 99.9 percent of your repertoire will be in standard EADGBe. And yes, building repertoire is absolutely important. You can't just make music in a vacuum, it's important to see how other artist deal with chord progressions and scale patterns. I'm not saying nobody should learn an alternative tuning system, but you need a solid foundation first.

Accurate for Sambo tho. He sounds like he's been playing around three years.

>maybe get note
So what I'm getting is that guitarwork isn't gonna be perfect by its own nature? Like there's always a chance it'll sound a little different from what you're going for at times?

>chord shapes

Some chord shapes. It makes others hell on your hands.

No, if you suck you may or may not gets notes when fretting and unfretting. You may also get sharp notes and buzz. If you're good you will do that purposefully and fret and un-fret quietly the rest of the time, without sharp or buzzy notes.

Dude, it's Yea Forums. Keep your expectations low, always. Actual conversations can break out here, but they're drowned out pretty quickly.

Not that guy, but more or less yeah, a guitar, much like similar string instruments, will not have consistent intonation the farther up the neck you go, it's just the nature of it and it's what gives the instrument character.

Wait, actual good advice on /gg...not sure how to process this...

THIS. DADGAD tuning is a specialty tuning that lends itself to Irish folk, but is useless for a beginner. Like user said, standard tuning is standard for a reason. Learn it, before you move on to alternatives.

>DADGAD tuning is a specialty tuning that lends itself to Irish folk
Or Middle-Eastern sounding stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=OmVQKFPexRk

Not me ese

Attached: 15689539497551605258980303644903.jpg (4160x3120, 3.41M)

>No, if you suck you may or may not gets notes when fretting and unfretting. You may also get sharp notes and buzz. If you're good you will do that purposefully and fret and un-fret quietly the rest of the time, without sharp or buzzy notes.
So at least some of it is a matter of practice. Makes sense.
a guitar, much like similar string instruments, will not have consistent intonation the farther up the neck you go, it's just the nature of it and it's what gives the instrument character.
Come to think of it you make a good point, too.
Both of these actually make a lot of sense now that I'm considering that the hands are interacting with the strings directly instead of the hammers/valves/etc of a key instrument acting as a middleman.
I'll definitely start shopping around down the road. Sounds like it could be a fuckin blast.

>this nigga so normie he listening to music on youtube

Attached: sounanlaugh.gif (871x624, 473K)

>No, if you suck you may or may not gets notes when fretting and unfretting. You may also get sharp notes and buzz. If you're good you will do that purposefully and fret and un-fret quietly the rest of the time, without sharp or buzzy notes.
So at least some of it is a matter of practice. Makes sense.
>a guitar, much like similar string instruments, will not have consistent intonation the farther up the neck you go, it's just the nature of it and it's what gives the instrument character.
Come to think of it I can see this too.
Both of these actually make a lot of sense now that I'm considering that the hands are interacting with the strings directly instead of the hammers/valves/etc of a key instrument acting as a middleman.
I'll definitely start shopping around down the road. Sounds like it could be a fuckin blast.

>tfw you get frustrated while practicing

everything but a used PRS SE (student edition) is a meme

they are the easiest guitars to play at that price point. everything else will get in your way a little for genre-specific quirks you don't need in your life.

I don't know that feel.

>tfw you just want to get it right one fucking time before you take a break and you can't and you just get more pissed off until you finally fluke into it

>So at least some of it is a matter of practice. Makes sense.
Basically what that guy was saying is that if you don't fret a string right you get fret buzz, but sometimes you may want to do it deliberately, a guitar I think is a much more open-ended instrument in that sense
>I'll definitely start shopping around down the road. Sounds like it could be a fuckin blast.
It is. My first instrument was actually a keyboard but then I realized it was boring as fuck just pressing button to make note, then bought a guitar and never looked back. It's legitimately fun playing guitar, even if it's just open chords. Plus you will be able to impress your normalfag friends after just a couple months of practice. Good luck brother!

Attached: IMG_0241.jpg (617x505, 46K)

Shit, anons. Thanks for cluing me in.

Attached: 200.gif (267x200, 1.12M)

>poop retard shit
>extremely small penis

The frustration you get while trying to build repertoire goes away eventually. For one you end up with more technique memorized that just makes learning new shit slightly easier, but also if you know more shit it's much easier to just take learning new shit slowly and play what you know to blow off steam.

Attached: 1469346577614.jpg (2960x2960, 750K)

>tfw have long ascended above the learning songs/licks/solos stage and just concentrate on creating new sounds

Yeah, I feel you. Some days it just feels like taking a rockhammer to a mountain.

>gay idiots blathering stupid opinions non-stop
>fags emulating near-dead eccentric retards

>incredibly badass alphas never endorse zelinsky

What I do when I can;t get shit right is I just stop whatever the fuck I'm doing and just start strumming open chords and/or noodling on whatever scale the piece I'm trying to learn is on and that helps make learning less fatiguing. Playing an instrument is supposed to be fun lads, not frustrating

How much would the quality of this general improve if all posters south of the US-Mexico left?

one less poster

better just cut off everyone from the bottom left corner of the US to be safe

Include posters illegally north of the Mexico border and... tremendously.

>Playing an instrument is supposed to be fun lads
Shit you're right

>this nigga can't even chop a mountain down with the edge of his hand

Now do Dean

One of the screws on my bridge pickup buzzes/makes static whenever I touch it. Makes it really hard to Palm mute without switching to just the neck pickup. Is there a more tactful way to solve the problem than my just taking it out? Can anything bad happen from taking it out?

your guitar may have been wired by a retard

Drop D is very good for beginners looking into pure power chord stuff. Open tunings are good for slide. Also plenty of open tunings for math rock and emo which is big right now.

why havent you put flatwounds on your guitar?

Bone stock from PRS.

SEE? I TOLD YOU. POOP RETARD SHIT.

None of those are good for beginners, they're good for intermediate players but beginners should never have to deal with alternative tunings unless they really want to train themselves to be specialized within a certain genre

It's a fantastic instrument for the price point. I own many more expensive guitars but this one is easily the most versatile.

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 148K)

Learning to play slide in standard is actually a great way to learn how to fingerpick and mute properly with your pick hand.

>Agile-tier bookmatching
Do you play it through a pedal that needs an LED to make it look like its tube is glowing?

Attached: smugkokoro06.jpg (677x683, 228K)

Because I don't want my tone to be trash

It's a veneer too.

At $500 you get what you pay for

>a PRS S2 is $1500 or so
>and yet people buy multiple shitty guitars because they haven't learned that "versatility" comes from the player and amp
>or worse, they buy $1800 fenders because they think there's some magic that goes into them over the $1000 models

I feel like Drop D is training wheels. There's lots of music, especially in rock and metal which is very popular with new guitarists, in drop tunings. Ultimately, people should be learning what they want.

It's better for someone to learn to play in Open Emaj7 and become an emo guitarist, than to play in standard and give up because they are to be an emo guitarist. People should start where they want.

You can always learn the things you don't know later on and round out. You don't NEED to stat yourself the same way as everyone, that xp is yours to do whatever you wish with and at high enough levels it evens out.

Drop D is kinda badass for swampy slide shit.

no?

Attached: 20190920_013051.jpg (1874x1653, 1.63M)

>pedalboard worth more than guitar

Fucking lmao

What you're describing are edge cases. The vast majority of beginner guitarists just want to be able to play a more generalized repertoire

>Timmy
Absolutely patrician. Based and transparentpilled.

I love me some swampy slide. There needs to be more swamp music in general.

For the price of that pedalboard you could buy a good guitar.

samefag here;
trying to say is you might actually end up turning away more beginners by throwing all this tuning autism at them and confusing the shit out of them.

Attached: just_close_your_eyes_haha.png (1600x1070, 797K)

I just told you all I had more expensive ones lmao.

just have fun while doing it, learning everything else is a bonus

So you could have a $500 PRS and a couple of $800 schecters?

My main is a Rickenbacker 325 C64

Well ofc. I guess I was saying less "beginners SHOULD do this" and more "if a beginner wants to learn some drop tuning stoner metal, let them".

Might be me also just being annoyed with being a guitar teacher and going through this shitty formulaic curriculum with my students when learning should be based on the wants and needs of the student. And as the teacher, it's my job to ensure that even if they only wanted to learn cowboy chords, that they realize what they really wanted to do is git gud at the instrument because guitar is great and being great at guitar is great.

Post pics, there are gibson shills that need dabbing on

Why don't more guitars have offset bodies?

because it's pointless unless you have tits and don't like them being squashed by a guitar

and now whenever i think about jazzmasters i'm going to think about tits dangling over a jazzmaster

Didn't he design it to be exactly that - an inexpensive, easy to play, well made guitar?

I've played them in stores. They're easy to like, if you're not some insecure tryhard who thinks a Gibson or Fender logo means anything.

it's fucking 2:30 I'm not getting out of bed to take a pic of it. Can I take the screw out of the pickup or not?

>defying erections and niggers

Is it a pole piece screw? No. Is it a mounting screw? If there's four but you should seriously look at how it's wired and compare it to a known good wiring diagram, and if it's a pole piece the pickup itself might be defective.

Pretty much. I bought it off a guy on Craigslist because I wanted something that I could haul around and play pretty much anything with and it's done it's job. It'll scream when you want to play Eruption and wail like a strat when you want to play Wonderful Tonight.

Just put a finger all through ny ass. The kaka smell was intoxicating

it's this one

Attached: 20190920_023440.jpg (1240x1236, 682K)

Your bridge pickup probably isn't grounded properly

God damn it.

Attached: ucu01qg5nq831.png (1080x982, 914K)

A shame You'll have to take her out back and do the deed.

Attached: 1556523274016.jpg (1237x1522, 1.39M)

I wouldn't even if it was totally broken. People that smash instruments are degenerates. It's like pouring chocolate milk down the sink.

>Implying that shit doesn't make okay drain cleaner

Not him but what would you have to do to ground it right?

youtube.com/watch?v=NeVzHHn1DAU
how do I learn jazz?

Books

wait for the next solstice. fast for 7 days prior, say seven prayers to the seventh, fourteenth, and twenty first princes of hell ordered by the size of their demonic legions, raise the soldering iron of Agamemnon above your head and strike down crying out the name of your favorite anime girl, and then end the ritual with the traditional chant of the clueless guitar modder

OW FUCK MY LEG

recommend one?

for me it was always OH FUCK ITS ON FIRE

nah

Who is best player one thread?

Anyone own an SLG200 or previous model? I am in the market for something I can play regularly at all hours living in an apartment. I am interested in the nylon string model as I'm mostly a classical player. The reviews seem solid, but I'm wondering if there is any cheaper option to achieve what I'm after.

Attached: HPL300204-angle-large.jpg (500x750, 45K)

Well I'm fucked. I don't watch anime.

Do you even know how tits work?

I'm gonna do it

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x300, 40K)

i just feel them up, ask someone else about having them

or this?

Attached: s-l400 (1).jpg (336x400, 13K)

Is Yamaha pacifica 112j anygood for a beginner? Any review on that particular gear?

Earlier in the week I posted about getting back in to guitar and trying to build a super budget pedal board to replace an old wore out multi-effects pedal, mostly for fun but also to help inspire me.

I wanted my whole pedal rig to come in under $400 (including the $100 value I put on the Metal Muff I already had)

This is the end result, and the order I'm planning to put them in. The multi-effects never let me choose my own order, so all I have been able to do is watch pedal order tutorials while I wait for everything to arrive. Does anyone have any suggestions for changes to the order?

The pedals, pedalboard, and cables all came in at $350, which is mission accomplished. What do you think of my budget build idea/choices? Keep in mind, im not playing in a band, i'm not recording albums. I'm just trying to have some fun after work to relax and get back in to my old hobby.

The extra money I had left over Im going to use to buy buy an old Digitech Grunge pedal. I know it's not a great pedal, but it was the first pedal I ever bought when I was a teenager first learning to play, I wish I had kept it.

Attached: pedal order.jpg (3054x968, 479K)

no, horrible

get a flying V

>is a poorfag
>uses the richfag pedal format instead of a multi-FX anyways
>builds board out of low quality, noisy pedals
>isn't aware that he could get a used line 6 hd500x for $100 less, with $500 more in effects and amp modelling, and still use pedals with it if it was missing something

Attached: 1564927982250.jpg (300x450, 40K)

What's a degree in an area surrounding music that makes money?

I found multi-effects pedals to be uninspiring. I went down that path a long time ago when I decided it wasn't worth buying all sorts of pedals for an at home guitarist, and I regretted it. Pedals weren't crazy affordable back then though. The new affordability of pedals sparked the idea.

The whole purpose of the budget was to have some fun and get inspired again. I could go out and drop thousands on expensive pedals and professional equipment to play for myself sure, but that would be pretty fucking stupid, especially if I start to lose my drive to play again. If I really find my way back in to it, I can upgrade all I want, when I want. As far as noise goes, the ones that have shown up haven't been noisy. Are you putting an arbitrary dollar value on interference? Or have you personally used these pedals?

And I'm aware of the used market, I also wanted a new amp, just to have something different, landed a CRATE FXT120 for $25 that needed cleaned and some connections re-soldered. I enjoyed working on it, it's been a fun little amp.

>collecting shiny things inspires me

meanwhile gigging artists are using line 6 PODs as their entire rig because it's easy to pack around and doesn't blow up in the middle of show, and they get their inspiration from the music and their tone from their fingers

what say you

Business management, then open a fucking pawn shop.

Be an electrician, make actual money, and maybe you can parley that into making electronics or some shit I don't know, fuck college.

not him but you just ignored every well thought out point he made and repeated yourself

A $650,000 guitar is worse than a $500 guitar if the $500 guitar makes you want to pick it up and the $650,000 collecting dust doesn't. Things you enjoy will make you play, things you don't will not.

I also didn't say they were bad, I said they were uninspiring for me. I had a POD xt (I think that was the model) and after that was stolen I ended up with an RP50 or something which was actually never good so doesn't count.

I found myself more limited by the multi-effects, despite having more options up front, because I found the process of dialing in effects and sounds to be burdensome, especially if it's layered effects and I want to hear the changes on each channel or preset etc. When I have a pedal, I reach down, I turn the knob or flip the switch and barely if at all stop playing, it just plain took me longer to get it right. And then I had the problem where if I didn't like the way any particular effect it had sounded, I was kind of shit out of luck. I could add more pedals, but it's not like I was pulling that effect I didnt like out and selling it for some money back. I was stuck with it.

These are things that won't be deal to a lot of people, and that's okay. But for me, I didn't like it. It's not "the pedals are shiny". It's I enjoy pedals. I can leave it how it is, I can sell it, I can give it away, I can mod it, I can replace it, I can stack them 6 deep if I want. That process is fun for me.

And not everyone draws inspiration from the same things, this shouldn't need to be explained. Musicians draw inspiration from excitement, tragedy, life events, sounds, instruments, conversations.

How do I learn maj/min/dom 9/11/13 chords with inversions in CAGED system? It's like a gazillion chords.

Just wing it.

Anyone know what kind of arm this needs?

Attached: 20190917_164330.jpg (4032x3024, 2.71M)

i still have an RP80 in the closet, got it 14 years ago for christmas, once I outgrew it I just used the one preset i liked (basically just a compression), now its in a closet somewhere
thing's a piece of shit

I agree with you 1000% by the way, multi-effect boards suck all the fun out of playing at home and are frankly more of a hassle than a diy pedalboard

The RPs are what they are, almost everyones first multi effects pedal, they get a job done.

I got the the point where I was basically just using mine for reverb and noise gate, and then the buttons broke to change things and I had to shove a pen inside the pedal to click them to change things.

I'm not finding these cheap pedals to sound bad at all, it's been really fun watching them show up and throwing them at the amp and seeing what happens.

What's the consensus on Schecter?

their veneered bursts are tacky.

>pic

What the -- Did a Telecaster and a Stratocaster have a baby?

Jens Larsen on youtube.

Attached: guitar scales.png (1299x787, 982K)

The Korean ones are good instruments with pretty poor resale value so they're generally a pretty good deal on the used market. If I'm not mistaken they're made in the same World Music Corp factory in Korea that churns out guitars for a bunch of other brands like PRS, ESP, etc.

That's just a basic blues solo lmao

G to B is a major third you fuckin retard

I've tried that but gave up

What are gg's thoughts on saddle buzz?
Does it affect tone?

Is the JC-120 overrated?

Attached: jc120.jpg (1600x1600, 862K)

it's great

get it if you like how the neck feels and how it looks

The neck feels like touching your mom's vagina

do you really need that noise gate?
invest in a good power supply

Am I practicing correctly?

sendvid.com/ns60m82c

Criminally. Mike Stern continually reminds me how much I really don't get boomers.

I have an isolated power supply.

The noise gate is for pickup noise and feedback.

how do i do this
youtu.be/rWD7jEfTtQI?t=552
how do i build speed

With practice

Guys there's a literal old fag harassing me on the streets and stalking. He would cross me on the street on the way to the pet shop or home and whisper gay shit to me. One day I left my house to go to work and he was fuckin chatting with some shop owner nearby just to watch what time I leave my house. One day he started walking by my side and talking gay shit out loud. I said I would beat him up if he kept following me around and he stopped for a while. But today he did it again. I want to find where he lives and throw poop at his house while everybody's asleep.

Attached: download (1).jpg (159x158, 2K)

noob here and bought a player mim strat a few months ago

how do I put the trem arm in?
should I be screwing it or pushing it hard?
do I need to mess with any of the springs or use the allan keys at this point in time?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

nvm I’m retarded and it screws right in but how tight should it be? so it stay in place or hangs?

feels like there’s some resistance?

Most people use it hanging
Don't try to set up the guitar unless it's for blocking the tremolo

Too cool, better get a jazzmaster and minimalist couch.

fellas,

what do you recommend for beginners in terms of a practice regime?

I'm moving closer to my work and I will be gaining another 1hr a day of free time. And it hit me; I'm not practicing enough.

I'm trying to work my way up to 2hrs a day.... what do y'all recommend I perform in that 2 hours?

>I play this beauty lel

Attached: Yamaha ERG121C - First Guitar.jpg (1080x1080, 251K)

Iria is your favorite anime girl.

Attached: 1557551046655.webm (486x360, 445K)

Take a couple Skype lessons with me, I'll guide you

learn the pentatonic scale and jam with yourself lol

Do the part from 19:40 to 37:43 once or twice a day, every day. Takes 18 minutes per session.

youtu.be/ySmuxgTvXmU?t=1179

How's my sweeping? Am I doing something that will prevent me from getting it fast?
sendvid.com/ns60m82c

get the 112v instead

Sick board dude; Hows that SP comp? Have you ever compared it to a dyna comp?

Attached: 1548060722349.jpg (2392x1660, 1.35M)

redpill on idiot box effects. i'm looking at their redrum pedal and debating between this, eqd acapulco gold, catalinbread sft, ampeg scrambler or overdrive.

need it to sound good with my dod 250 and malekko b:assmaster.

Attached: Redrum+Official.png (1000x1000, 644K)

How can I get a tone like the lead at 0:24?
youtube.com/watch?v=xS67fu0QchQ

seriously? Does this help a lot?

Those aren’t sweeps

By playing guitar. Hope I helped.

Why not are you blind?

Will this give me a good Sepultura tone?

Attached: FB_IMG_1568991494559.jpg (508x499, 68K)

Sounds like octaver and fast chorus

Have you heard, Roman got a custom guitar

Attached: FB_IMG_1568991545516.jpg (960x481, 33K)

it’s not sweeping if you’re only using three strings. Learn something challenging for once, donkey fucker. By the way, why do you fuck donkeys? Is that why you breath retarded?

Attached: E10C2556-844E-4619-9C39-AC4670012415.png (1505x468, 7K)

These are sweeps.

youtu.be/NU5R7kaLdSU
Youre doing rakes

Retard everywhere people tell to start with 4 string arpeggios

I'm on GPRS, please explain with words

link?

We don't speak of R )

Arpeggios and sweeps aren’t the same thing donkey fucker. Do you work at a pet store to be closer to donkeys?

Protips for practicing guitar
>Never ever jack off. Some of the world's most revered musicians have spoken about the negative effects of ejaculation on musical performance. You can't cum and play, it just doesn't work.
>If you're not playing well then you should not stop playing until you play something good. It's like a dirty faucet. Just keep going until something clean comes out.
>You learn more from making a complete three minute song than you do making riffs for hours that go nowhere.

Pm me on Instagram or Facebook: samuel.cfaria

Whats gprs

You fucking retard I played the arpejos with sweep pickings. Again, are you fuckin blind?

Why? You don’t even know what sweeps are

Lmao that’s not sweep picking donkey fucker. Your donkey fucker hands must be too weak from stroking donkey cock to use more than three strings HAHAHAHAHAH

Slow kind of mobile internet

YOU don't know what sweeps are

>90236829
I used 4 strings. Now stop replying to me with this weak bait.

Fuck off peasant

Jroastie even knows what sweeps are
Donkey fucker sam has donkey fucking on his mind and can’t think right anymore. All the pet stores must love you because you take such good care of the donkeys.

I bet sam hasnt even listend to the lerpetual burn album

>he won’t reply to me because I called him a donkey fucker
>he’s crying about his three string sweeps
I’m sure you’re mommy thinks they’re sweeps too. Maybe daddy will believe you if you tell him sweetly.

silent guitars are a meme, they play and sound like shit.

You should save up and get better quality pedals. Pedals are expensive, so you won't get your ideal pedal board quick, but at least you won't be stuck with pedals you don't like

hey guys today i finally got under the bridge down and i feel pretty happy with myself :) just feels good

Fuck off, don't reply to me anymore

Which are your favorite combinations of pedals to use?

instead of that compressor get an MXR dyna-comp.
Instead of that overdrive get an EHX glove (OCD clone) or get an MXR ShinJuku drive.
Instead of the metal muff get the EHX Russian reissue muff or use the shinjuku dark setting for distortion/fuzz tones.
Instead of those two reverbs get a holy grail neo or boss rv-2

Just get the Behringer equivalents of all of those pedals. Seriously, don't fall for the "boutique" meme.

>mommy I can sweep
>mommy have you seen my donkey?

youtu.be/2FRTPuf3dMk
Look Sam he’s using three strings just like you

Get the 311, the pickups on the 112 aren't great

Poor student here, Should i get an epiphone g 400?

His dad is going deaf lmfao

Explaining the joke makes it funnier, huh?

Attached: 24A0F6F1-7C96-45BF-BEC6-4A21548385C6.jpg (768x421, 40K)

I had one a long time ago. It's not bad but I don't really like SGs.
if I were you I'd go for the Epi Les Paul Goth

forgot to mention i'm going for that rat through an ampeg tone.

And always make sure to use headphones when playing

Man, that's a tough one.

>Vibrophase into either chorus pedal
>NKT/BC109 into the Memory Man
>Westwood into Plumes
>Vibrophase into either Plumes/Weswood

Lots of sick toan

Can you explain to me why it would sound worse than a typical guitar with a bridge pickup? The body isn't effecting the sound at all

My new band name is Three String Rage Quit

Lmao pedals are like toys to him

a side arm into the trash, for real doe whats that from it looks old? i used to love bashing half guitars together at my old job. And my favorite guitar is a bunch of ibanez bits

Guitars are toys lol you don’t take this seriously do you?

Attached: 6BE0A4E0-AE5B-4DF4-A01C-8AC896F595D2.jpg (697x708, 96K)

What if I can play melodically from muscle memory?

Get the Caline Pure Sky as the OD. It's a Timmy clone and completely transparent with the tone knobs at 12 O'clock, meaning it doesn't alter your tone at all. It's the best OD pedal you'll ever own.

Just bought a new guitar lads

Post pic

I'm about to buy one too. Hold me. I haven't spent this much money in over a year

>it's the best pedal because it doesn't alter your sound
Lmao it's like buying these drinks that taste like Sprite diluted with water but cost more.

Attached: feeling-Emoji-face-emoticon-emotion-33-512.png (512x512, 43K)

Still shipping, but it's this

Attached: 0143913300_gtr_frt_001_rr-5412b88b935822931dd07f508163cb48.jpg (382x1200, 49K)

I'd play that, HF with ur new guitar user.

y-you too

so who else here /rosemetallicGreTscHin'/ this fine friday afternoon

Attached: rosemetallicGreTscHin'.jpg (954x1080, 166K)

Thank user, I got my new strat not too long ago. :))

PRS moved to PT Cort, the same guys that make strandbergs (and generate QC nightmare reports about stuff like glue splatter and an overall bad job)

i've never had a problem with WMIC guitars though

Absolute retard

Condors don't have that shit. Even the most inexpensive beginner Condors are well built.

To avoid confusion, it adds overdrive without altering the frequency response.
This post is replying to a troll.

Would anyone really do that? Go on the internet and tell lies to feel better about only being able to affod fakes?

I bet you played a real les paul once, liked it, and went home telling yourself it felt worse than your condor.

>word my post poorly
>someone understands what I wrote and not I intended to write
>it's a troll
Lol step out of your shelter

really wanted this and i picked it up to celebrate my 1 year of sobriety ; left hand squier tele

Attached: tele.jpg (720x1280, 127K)

how would you tell sammy? your guitars get dinged up and covered in filth within a week.

there could be a kaka fingerprint on it from the factory and the same day you took it home you would leave so many on it that you'd think it was your own.

better than a condor/10

Do tone knobs control overdrive/dirt? No. They control frequency response.
Thus, tone, in a guitar sense, is generally understood to be synonymous with frequency response, not overdrive/dirt.
The post was worded correctly and you are misinterpreting it because your reading comprehension is poor.

Attached: save the gibbies.png (1306x597, 86K)

No. I admit that my beginner strat had shitty pickups and the body is 7 piece (of real wood). Cheap guitar, cheap materials.
But the construction is actually very good.

I've played two Gibsons in my life. One was the band's bassist LP standard, and it had rusty strings, the setup was too low for my taste and it felt too heavy.
The other Gibson I played was my teacher's studio. The pickups were really muddy compared to my CLP and it also felt like a gross block of heavy wood. My only complain is that my CLP's body is a bit thinner and smaller than Gibsons, but all copies are, and it looks better with my height.

Cognitive dissonance at work.

DYEL?

Attached: laughingtakagi78.gif (329x465, 152K)

>booh

>8lb guitar is too heavy
>low output gibson pickups known for clarity sound muddy compared to chinese pickups

we already knew you were tone deaf from your singing and auschwitzmode from your girl-like camwhoring.

I can sweep

Attached: 2162930F-3D8C-42A4-9890-7E5637F3490A.jpg (209x199, 18K)

can't*

sorry idk what sweeping is either

Based King of the blues

Are you pretending to be retarded or are you just a casual thinking he knows shit?
The pickups on that Gibson Studio were probably the overwound crap that they use nowadays, which is nothing like the clear sounding PAFs.

Attached: unknown-11.png (615x235, 62K)

>playing one more string on an arpejo is hard

Lmao reverse psychology works well with children

PRS SE's from the 2010-2014 era were the best. Since they changed factories they just aren't the same.

Pic related is from 2010, now upgraded to USA hardware with Grover locking tuners. Only thing stock are the frets

Attached: 20190710_000624.jpg (4115x1450, 3.07M)

Just spent the last 8 hours in MS Paint hand tweaking these scale charts I got from the Dummies® website. Is this helpful or nah? Should I rearrange them so they fit more horizontally on the screen?

Attached: 1537470945634.png (615x1551, 549K)

Noob here,what do the colors mean?
Very nuce btw

Nice*

Tell me /gg/ why do people spend thousands on MIABM strats and ESP "E-II" guitars that are held to the quality standards of LTD when you can just get a PRS for $1k

reverb.com/item/22532205-prs-s2-singlecut-standard-walnut-satin-nitro-s2037414

The red stars are the root notes of each scale. All of these are derived from the key of G Major. Locrian is absent because it doesn't stack with a major or minor pentatonic scale. However, if you like, you could flatten the fifth of the minor pentatonic and include it.

root notes

Imagine wasting 8 hours just so someone doesn't have to learn basic music theory

>No tone-birds

What a fucking rip off. Where else do you get that airy, soaring tone?

That's not a substitute for basic music theory, retard.

More like a singing tone dumbass

It's soaring in the neck pickup and singing in the bridge pickup, like the difference between a bird taking flight and resting on a branch (the bridge). Duh.

so weaboo trannies like gibson eh? guess my first electric guitar's gonna be fender

>or you could get a gibson

That's the only reason someone would use that shit
>learn what modes are
>don't need that pic anymore

Please stop fighting it's riling up my autism I'm about to start the bad stimming

Can we just post nice guitars instead

Attached: carving accident.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

i'm an actual weeaboo tranny and i like fenders

you first

reminder that leo got it right the first time

Attached: 1554566832083.gif (500x598, 1.43M)

You sure about that?

Attached: 1544472312310.jpg (648x898, 85K)

>you first
that's fucking IT I'm hitting myself in the head right now, you did this

Attached: Suhr looks nice.jpg (2447x2447, 513K)

This guitar has two too many frets.

Attached: smug astolf.jpg (236x503, 17K)

This is one way to learn them, you dumb fuck.

Attached: 1568494912007.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I want an ESP. There aren't any anime girls like play one like Kirk "WAWAAWAWAWAWA" Hammet's, right?

Attached: 1542130528878.png (1200x402, 373K)

No that's just scale shapes with no actual learning

Why should i care about root notes?

nope, ESP isn't in any anime

shred away my friend

That IS learning scales. Are you the same troll that was telling Sam what he was doing isn't sweeping? You're pretty good at getting me to reply to you.

Where should i learn theory online, and whats important for a rock/country guitarist to learn?

if you have to ask then those scale patterns are probably too advanced for you and you should focus on basics, also assuming you arent some troll dont bother asking theory questions on this board theres millions of resources for learning theory on the internet that wont waste your time

>he thinks sweeps are four strings
>he can only arpeggiate three strings
lol donkey fucker

Don't even look at me unless you can do six string arpeggios all legato with only the left hand
Sweeping is so abrasive and cheeky

I actually can ;)

based

read the op theres a bunch of links there

Good starter guitar, i own the all black one. If you get the money switch to an rg.

Scale shapes aren't scales tho. The only use of that is when someone TELLS him the song is in some gregorian mode, then he proceeds to remember your scale shape and uses it to wing his lead part. It's not progress from the absolute beginner that plays first position pentatonic.

Please be my fender playing gf. I play blues on my amazing olymp white strat

Get a strat

No, you use the chart to learn the shapes and start playing music and refine your knowledge of what you learned from there. You learn the shapes and you have rock solid knowledge under your belt which eases the rest of the learning process.

>the song is in some gregorian mode
>not outlining each chord or cadence as it goes by

She's mine fuck off

Fucking guitar duel me faggot.

>outlining each chord or cadence as it goes by
>as someone that needs to get pentatonic scale shape charts on the internet

You have to start somewhere. Might as well start by acquiring a little bit of knowledge you can use right away. So what do you suggest, just learn the intervals in each scale and mode and/or the scale/mode's series of whole-steps and half-steps by rote memorization and never chart it out or make visual references for yourself?

No need to, she likes me more

There's only one scale, the diatonic scale.
>actually learning and practicing the modes to get a grasp at them is too much effort
Lmao ask me how I know you're a zoomer

Chicken Mcfly?

You're not making any sense. This IS learning and practicing the modes.

Attached: 1544441969100.png (623x620, 101K)

No it's memorizing pentatonic scale shapes. Nothing more.

I do like the looks of a strat more but why not telecaster

Go to a guitar store and play both, pick the better one.

No, it assumes you have already done that and provides a nice visual reference to finding the other 2 notes of each diatonic mode.

you can learn the scale simutaneously these scale patterns are just a tool for developing the physical skill & the understanding of the theory can come after it. most guitarists arent going to be classically trained & able to read sheet music so theres no reason to sperg out about it any longer, okay?

Yeah guitarists are dumb lazy scum, had I taken that into consideration I wouldn't even be bothered to start this discussion.

haha rekt

lol well ypu arent wrong but utilizing tools made avaliable to ease learning isnt very dumb

>memorizing scale shapes is good enough for us

Literally an hour worth of practice would make that chart useless

>t. BanG Dream!

id imagine the vast majority of guitarists in the world are casual to the point of only learning a few major / minor chords and 1st position pentatonic at best

I wouldn’t count them as guitarists

Attached: 1565817452586.png (1402x1007, 875K)

Was he autistic or just very British?

bang what? i have no idea what you're talking about.

buy ESP.

Attached: 1560931227061.jpg (410x410, 29K)

Based mysterious K-on character shilling the good shit

I've been ear training and now I can tell augmented and diminished chords

stop with the anime girl posting already if you're not going to dress up and kiss me

I can do augmented and diminished sweeps

I've never heard of a bang anything either. Sounds like that guy made it up or something. ESP just makes excellent guitars.

Anyways have you seen schecter japan's selection?

Attached: 1564016407011.jpg (900x600, 114K)

>tfw no anime shilling mayones and ruokangas

>ruokangas
literally who

Nah you can't do sweeps at all

The weird european prog metal guitar revolution is upon us, onee-chan. Just as Japanese superstrats took over, so too will... these things.

Attached: 1553221713258.png (2000x1824, 1.59M)

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Attached: matias.jpg (2180x1227, 286K)

Im not sam. So yes i can

What makes funk bands?
I just randomly heard some of these piano accompaniments and it sounded just like a funk band (despite the shitty robotic tones), with a funky Dorian bass riff, drums and a swinged guitar. If these exact parts were being played by a real band it would be just like another song from a funk band's album.

Ruokakas

>rent free

Clean channel, turn on some thick compression, turn down the reverb, and play dominant 9th chords 16th note or swung 16th note rhythms. Apply wah to taste.

What is reading comprehension? Why have it?

What is a dominant 9 chord? Is it actually a 7/9 chord?

I don't know man, I was just replying to your illiterate garbage ("What makes funk bands?") in a way I thought would satisfy you, you dumb faggot.

Yeah you clearly couldn't read the rest of the post

Is this possible? How can one play 10 frets apart? Is this machine generated or can it actually be played?

Attached: tab.png (1037x349, 39K)

1 3 5 b7 9

Attached: 1566155057741.gif (903x333, 16K)

two handed fretting. you strum with your free fingers.

The rest of the post was a statement, and just as illiterate as the first part ("a swinged guitar"). Elucidate the point of your post.

these diagrams remind me why people shy away from sheet music

there is no correlation between classical sheet music and how a guitar is works and polyphony only fucks it up more so there's no substitute for learning chord shapes

That's a 7/9 chord
And no it's not a funky chord, that's more like a blues chord

Why do you think guitarists are obsessed with improv even if they can read it?

real talk, banG dream sucks fucking ass, took them hoes forever to play a venue

K-on sold out by episode 6

You're talking garbage. That chord is funky as shit.

fuck ya'll idolm@ster kicks everythings ass

>Elucidate the point of your post.
It's there if you read it. I'll say it again for your snob ass. Funk accompaniment tracks of old keyboards sound just like songs of a funk band's album, if you disconsider the fact that it's played by midi not by a real band. So what makes funk bands relevant

Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit

You just don't know the fucking NOTES ON THE FRETBOARD

Attached: 1556508261938.gif (220x208, 904K)

Nah it's too bassy
A chord played only on the unwounded strings is funkier

Fuck you then

>i know where B, F, A, and D are
>okay now WHICH ones do I play
>give me a second
>rest of the orchestra: on the next measure

There is no escaping the chord shape so why learn anything else

Consider the following:
Maybe you're just retarded.
Guitarists, especially the best ones, have been using and learning from sheet music for centuries.

Your justifications for being retarded are little more than coping, I actually just got done shopping out tablature to save space on the music stand.
This music was fucking 6 pages long with that useless tablature, but the music tells you everything you need to know in an even more specific(or less if you're searching for interpretation) manner.

Attached: E1AD2FC2-69B4-414C-B504-CC0D81F3FF86.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

>eeeeeew you need EXPERIENCE to be fast at this
>just read tabs instead

>7/9 chord
lmao the fuck
That's not how chord naming works, that's only how you write 6/9 chords because they stray from stacking thirds
Em9, Emaj9, E9, they all have the 7 too. Same with 11 and 13 chords, they have all the stacked thirds that build up to the top extension

It's alos apparent you've never used sheet music at length. Fingerings abound which give an obvious and implied location to notes on the fretboard.
When there aren't fingerings, then it's up to the performer to use their intuition and past experience to quickly and efficiently decide the best course of action.

You can't get a 6 by stacking thirds lmao

No, I never use paid guitar sheet music. I use regular sheet music laying around because I normally play violin, which is tuned so it's a normal instrument instead of tuned to make sitting in the rhythm section easier when you have too many strings.

user's point is that you need too much experience to be good at reading

Read what I said again, retard

Q: how does a PRS player build chords?
A: by stacking birds.

You play violin' sheet music on guitar? So you're always stuck to the top 3 strings?
ROFLMAO

Haha fuck off bitch

>too much experience
Then play a different instrument. Being shit at guitar is not sheet music's fault.
No, you're genuinely just retarded and I suspect you're shit at violin too. You deserve to be looked down upon for your weak excuses and petty attempts do justify not putting in the time or effort.
You want instant gratification?
Do drugs, there's nothing else that requires so little effort all while achieving nothing.

>shitposting wildly
very nice

Yes it is

Kaka

fuck yes I just found a tuscam 244 4 tracker cassette recorder in the trash and it works its recording from all 4 channels I've wanted one of these for awhile but fuck paying 250$+ hoping it doesn't die in shipping

I now have the tool for 2deep4u lofi hipster cred