Does Yea Forums agree with this statement?

does Yea Forums agree with this statement?

Attached: IMG_20190918_101705.jpg (2160x2160, 1012K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZBlqcbpmxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4lqwh5c1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This guy has a really weird inferiority complex when it comes to white people.

No, rap is one of the most musically restricted genres out there, and the topics have barely progressed since the genre's inception. Jpegmafia is shit too so I didn't expect much of intelligence to cone from him.

>we think deeper
Examples?

Shame the majority of the biggest songs in hip hop are just stolen music. The irony is most if comes from other black artists.

Funny how other 'black' genres never bitch about racism 247, just hip hop.

He literslly can't go a single sentence without falling into it

I think the strange irony about hip-hop is that lyrically it's never been all that amazing. Production-wise its importance and influence cannot be understated, though

rap is probably my favorite genre. it usually has no focus on melody or harmony, but in turn allows much more focus on rhythm, lyricism, and experimental timbre
it’s like going blind and getting amazing hearing, or something
that being said, i don’t think any genre is inherently better than any other, assuming the genre is fleshed out. and rap is fleshed out

Rap isn't a genre.

>pseudo-intellectual nigger says some dumb shit

what else is new?

Attached: 1491216417516.jpg (242x242, 11K)

*overstated

I haven’t listened deeply to rap for the past six months, but I was very satisfied with Peggy’s new record.
Did you listen to it? Saying that the genre is musically restricted is kind of right, but hopefully more and more hip hop producers will go more left field. The new record is very diverse, played some of it in class and the guys that commonly listen to hip hop didn’t “accept” it as beats because they’re musical brainlets.

His obsession with white people is just the worst. Rappers make reference to white people pretty often but I don't think I've ever seen anyone so perpetually butthurt as Jpegmafia. He comes off as so fucking pissy about shit as petty as people criticizing him online.

Why is peggy so insecure that he has to talk shit about white people ibn every song and interview. Kind of ironic being that all of his fans are white

>rock has a bunch of whiteboys
youtube.com/watch?v=IZBlqcbpmxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4lqwh5c1g
Rap as a genre of music is an absolute fucking disgrace to the entire history of black music and culture. Barrington DeVaughn Hendricks is an insecure, talentless hack.

>obsessed with whites
>obsessed with blacks who aren't obsessed with whites (MC Ride)
>obsessed with making sure everyone knows he's super unique and totally not like Death Grips or MC Ride
This dude's the poster child of bitterness caused by unhealthy obsessions.

he probably gets off on the fact that his majority self-hating white/jewish fanbase is the reason why he's making so much money at the moment

...but glitch hop has been around for like 20 years
the only difference is that he samples video games
not to mention it was invented by whites

>It evolves faster than any other genre
Is this nigga serious?

He doesn't have any, because he's speaking on shit that he has very little-to-no knowledge of. And if anything the only examples he would probably point out are the most surface-level, "woke"-tier kind of rap (i.e. J Cole, Kendrick, or some other dumb shit).

In terms of lyrical depth however, the only examples in rap I could think of are MF Doom (or other technical, abstract lyricists of his same style). But even then, nothing in rap could even come close to many of the conceptually-rich rock albums that have come out in the past 50 years.

holy cringe

Attached: 20190918_135852.jpg (720x1032, 274K)

unironically, listen to TPAB

>rap evolves faster than any other genre
Then explain why there's only been one cutting-edge rap album this decade.

Attached: niggas-cover-1200.jpg (1200x1200, 107K)

already did

it's fucking garbage compared to most lyrically-abstract hip hop albums that have come out in the past 20 years

It's not even fair, people can't contest this without being labeled as a racist.

Contest Chuck Berry, faggot.

why the fuck does this retard think hes solid?

>we're better writers, we think deeper
>wrote a song about fucking NEOGAF of all things
dis nigga wack lmao

Who

Being the lil butthurt bitch Peggy is, he would probably write that album off as a non-rap record, for the sole fact that it has two white dudes that worked on the production, and that they named it "niggas on the moon" in spite of 2/3's of the band being white (which to him, somehow means that Ride had no say on the matter himself)

>The intention behind "prone" was to make a punk song with no instruments

who could disagree with this - it clearly was his intention.

If anything has something to do with white people, it's safe to say Peggy hates it.

"conscious" hip-hop is the biggest pseudo-intellectual farce in history. You will never in your life find a better example of the Dunning Kruger effect.

Could you fucking imagine how quick someone would be shut down if they said about black people what jpeg says about white people

Shit album and the best parts aren't even because of Kendrick.

What a loser. All My Heroes sucks dick anyway. Step in the absolute wrong direction. At least his older work sounded cool now he's just a mad faggot who's gone from ripping off Death Grips to ripping off Tyler the Creator

in fairness they're let down by

1) the improvisational tradition, they think they have to come up with stuff in the studio. obviously ice cube benefited from writing NWA's lyrics down at home first.

2) they have to come up with like 4x as many actual words per song as rock artists do. it would be a tall order even if they didn't have to rhyme.

>they have to come up with like 4x as many actual words per song as rock artists do
And yet only manage to deliver about 1/4 of what rock artists do. Verbosity is not a substitute for contemplation.

the vast majority of rock lyrics are coldplay-tier trash.

t. white, middle-class, college-aged zoomer with an opioid addiction

>pointing out that most musicians of any given genre have no talent is controversial

whatever

cope harder you fucking ape

This is basically all black people

bump