As far as we know, these are currently Scaruffi's highest-ranking albums of this decade

As far as we know, these are currently Scaruffi's highest-ranking albums of this decade.

Say something nice about them.

Attached: ZomboDroid 17092019230512.jpg (1200x600, 283K)

one of these is not like the others...

Attached: 1556962210844.gif (245x230, 481K)

>Julia Holter
Based pedofucci

i do not recognize a single one of these albums except for the joanna newsom one. what albums are these?

I'll give you a basic rundown

>maximalist psychedelic R&B/soul
>artfully well-composed art-pop
>modern classical album with fusions of chinese folk & the Western canon
>free-jazz death metal
>p4k-core jazz
>four fucking hours of LSD-laced "lo-fi beats to study with"
>what is possibly the most unique sounding rock album to come out this decade

what are their names? i'm especially interested in the rock album

stabscotch - uncanny valley

Listening to Have one on Me on shrooms was one of the only truly transcendent experiences I’ve ever had in my life, even sober it’s really comfy to listen to.

“I shaped up overnight, you know,
the day after she died.
when I saw my heart,
and I'll tell you, darling,
it was open wide.
what with telling you I am
telling you I can--
I can
love you again;
love you again.
It can have no bounds, you know.
It can have no end.
You can take my hand
in the darkness, darling,
when you need a friend.”

what's the names of the other albums?

Janelle Monaé - The Archandroid
Julia Holter - Tragedy
>is in album cover
Pyrrhon - The Mother of Virtues
Kamasi Washington - The Epic
Impossible Nothing - Phonemenomicon
Stabscotch - Uncanny Valley

This is such a tame selection of what's comsidered contenders for AOTD. I love each one of these records but I thought he'd give us music that's super obscure. I recognized most of these albums long before he reviewed these.

if it's any consolation, he did introduce us to that Abu Lahab guy a while ago, who was pretty super-obscure until someone turned Scaruffi on to him

wouldn't be surprised if he bumps the rating for pic related up to an 8/10 at some point

Attached: Abu Lahab - Humid Limbs of the Torn Beadsman 1.jpg (539x727, 139K)

what are good albums from this decade? rock preferably. i only know of basically this one off-hand

Attached: like clockwork.jpg (1500x1500, 128K)

bump

>guy asks for the other albums
>this guys says he'll give basic rundown
>spergs out with his genre descriptions without naming a single album

>what is possibly the most unique sounding rock album to come out this decade
Allso, that stabscotch album isn't that amazing. It's very good, but what is it with people and "muh uniqueness"

i mean... i doubt there's really much competition for making the most unique rock album of the 2010's if we're being honest.

>12 9's from the 90's
>12 8.5's from the 90s
>134 8's from the 90's

>16 8's from 2000's

>1 8.5's from 2010's
>4 8's from 2010's

wtf happened guys

Attached: Gungrave sad harry.png (1004x869, 514K)

the 2000's were filled with shitty rock movements and not much innovation. with the change in technology and these movements, it spelled the death for rock in the 2010's. all that is left is uninteresting pop music and uninteresting hip-hop music, both of which have also regressed to be less risk-taking in an age where music makes less money than ever before.

or maybe scaruffi just got old

how many amazing, groundbreaking albums have you heard in the past 19 years? i've heard zero.

name some 8.5/10+ rock albums from the 00s and 10s.

time of orchids - sarcast while is an 8
uncanny valley is an 8.5
phonemenonicom is an 8
I haven't listened to a whole lot of post-2000's desu

Attached: cheer-accident lemon.jpg (355x355, 31K)

No Now comes to mind
YYU - TIMETIMETIME&TIME is a pretty great combo of freak folk and experimental electronic
Subtle - For Hero: For Fool is a neat combo of experimental hip-hop, rock and atypical instrumentation
The Seer was pretty wild, took post-rock to the extreme
I find it crazy you've heard zero especially considering all the development in electronic music

>The Seer
30 years after the Swans gave their first masterpiece the good news was that the world had finally caught up and by 2013 the Swans were widely recognized as one of the greatest rock bands ever. The bad news is that it was time for Gira to monetize the name that had yielded no commercial return for so long. Hence the double album The Seer (Young God, 2012) that begins with the frigid bolero crescendo and Pink Floyd-ian litany of Lunacy (with Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker of Low) and ends with the Doors-ian blues-jazz shuffle of The Apostate, which blossoms after a lengthy preamble of sentimental guitar glissandoes and a manic collective explosion a` la Glenn Branca.
For a two-hour album, there are precious few ideas, and they are mostly (very) antiquated, bordering on the ridiculous when they borrow Sonic Youth-ian guitar repetition for the ten-minute Mother of the World and when they indulge in the free-jazz jamming of 93 Ave B Blues, or when a loop of tolling bells can't do more than trigger a monotonous litany in the eight-minute Avatar. Jarboe appears on the 19-minute Piece of the Sky, at first an effective piece of cosmic music until the drums kick in and turn it into a slow languid aimless sleep-inducing coda, and yet another repetitive section.
The 32-minute The Seer begins promising with hysterically strummed guitars (Glenn Branca again) and early Pink Floyd-ian suspense, and peaks when Gira pits mantra-like vocal repetition against country and western drumming, but the remaining 15 minutes are awfully pointless. The Seer Returns employs Roger Waters' strategy of revisiting a theme in a different tone (hence memories of The Wall), and pushing it to an obsessive degree, reminiscent of Led Zeppelin's When The Levee Breaks and Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, does cause shivers of primordial shamanic hypnosis.

i don't like electronic music

There is one touching ballad, Song for a Warrior, sung by Yeah Yeah Yeahs' vocalist Karen O, that is the exact opposite of the lengthy compositions and that for a couple of minutes matches the romantic intensity of, say, Gram Parsons' version of Love Hurts.
Song for a Warrior, The Apostate and The Seer Returns (and half of Piece of the Sky and one third of The Seer) deserved to be recorded, but the rest perhaps could have be edited away. Anyway, this album has virtually nothing of the sound of the Swans. It should have been credited to Gira or to one of his many side-projects.
Needless to say, the very same critics and publications that ignored the Swans when they were releasing one masterpiece after the other hailed this mediocre senile work as a masterpiece 30 years later, finding all sorts of hidden meanings in what was simply an astute sellout.

well the most groundbreaking music recently has obviously involved electronics
should've known mentioning it would trigger someone, i prefer Swans' early work but it's still a great album. nice job pasting someone else's opinion though

99% of studio albums from at least the 50s is "electronic music" because the music is engineered and tinkered with after the initial recording to sound a certain way, so saying "Electronic music" isn't actually a thing, its like saying "guitar music".

Why are you obsessed with "groundbreaking"? An insatiable need for change is a sign of a poor home life, user.

>lol wtf happened to music why is it so bad now name literally any good music made recently
>B-B-B-BUT I DON'T LIKE ELECTRONICS!!!!!!!!

Kamasi’s garbage

the fuck are you talking about? i was replying to a post which suggested there haven't been any amazing groundbreaking albums lately. i feel that there have been, but i enjoy music involving electronics. he doesn't, so i made clear the reason he hasn't enjoyed any recent groundbreaking albums is because he doesn't enjoy modern music. hope everything is clear enough for you now man.

retard
groundbreaking art should move you

either this is bait or you're clinically retarded

no, i literally just don't like electronic music so i haven't listened to any groundbreaking albums in the genre. i have no idea what the state of electronic music is right now and i am not personally interested. if you enjoy it, good on you.

>electronic is a genre
is guitar a genre too?

prove it wrong retards or you think that Pet Sounds studio album can be played live without audio engineering.

using analog/digital synthesizers, digital samplers, & drum machines (all of which is essentially the essence of electronic music in the first place) =/= using a fucking soundboard to mix, EQ, and master a fucking track you absolute fucking low-IQ ding-dong

>using a fucking soundboard to mix
that's not what a "soundboard" is retard

Attached: 1457825244032.jpg (446x357, 29K)

no, but rock is a genre.

rock isn't an instrument

neither is electronic, retard

Attached: 1543357400975.jpg (750x705, 93K)