Georgefags BTFO!

>In response, McCartney challenges the idea that Harrison carries equal songwriting weight.
>“I thought until this album that George’s songs weren’t that good,” he says on the recording.
>Harrison — who contributed two of his most iconic tracks, “Something” and “Here Comes the Sun,” to Abbey Road — fires back,
>“That’s a matter of taste. All down the line, people have liked my songs.”
google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-audio-abbey-road-final-album-882988/amp/

Attached: 59F33AA9-0745-4A7F-B5AA-C13D8761CD57.jpg (1000x1000, 1.28M)

Paul has shit taste

Paul is the most overrated songwriter of all time. Both George and John wrote better songs than him.

>Lennon notes that no one else in the band “dug” McCartney’s quirky Abbey Road track “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” and argues that his bandmate should donate material in a similar vein to outside performers, including the Welsh folk artist Mary Hopkin.
so very based.

Seeth

>U SUCK
>NO U
Indeed, hearing a dispute between professional musicians is something else. I can't find fault with their line of reasoning.

Paul is mostly right. Abbey Road was absolutely the first album where George was writing on the SAME level as John and Paul. That's not to say he didn't write some good material prior to that, but just from a pure songwriting perspective they were not comparable.

Songs like Taxman and While My Guitar Gently Weeps are well written and amongst the best tracks on their respective albums, but a lot of that is due to the arrangements supporting them. Taxman is actually a pretty boring, monotone song that is elevated into the stratosphere through Paul's bass and lead guitar along with some really tight harmonies. Something and Here Comes the Sun are the first time George really forayed into that "modern standard" songwriting mode that Paul and John had been operating in since fucking 1962.

I think George is still absolutely one of the greatest pop songwriters of his time, but when you're in a band with the best songwriting duo since the Brill Building then no shit you're gonna be overshadowed.

Not only was George the beast Beatle, John buried Paul.

Damn

you have shit taste my friend. mccartney wrote some cool songs indeed, but the filler shit was mostly his. george's songs were def the best, if not the best in some albums cases - rubber soul's case. not only he introduced the best sounds - sitar and drones which led to the more psychedelic radical tone of theirs but played a really meaningful guitar and had his tone - which few give him credit for - considering the fact that lots of bands have copied it, and still do. all in all, you are a fucking shitter and you also do not know how to listen to music properly. because your opinion is shit famalam.

Attached: 83B1E2F1A7634C7FBFBE2BD3930C3A07.jpg (640x577, 66K)

>rubber soul's case
In My Life and Norwegian Wood are the best tracks there

>muh Bob Dylan

>no think for yourself
shit taste

what

Definitely not better than those two masterpieces.

>what
Posted like a true retard.

Taxman was good thematically, but lacked in good melody and instrumentation. His Ravi Shankar stuff was all boring. Blue Jay Way was his first good song (and probably his best)

Based schizo

>WMGGW
>Piggies
>LLL
>Savoy Truffle
>not all in the top half of the Beatles (album)

Based retard

>not Run For Your Life and What Goes On

>His Ravi Shankar stuff was all boring

Attached: 1472302895469.jpg (160x160, 6K)

>Speaking on the Beatles yet doesn’t know the massive Dylan influence
Let me guess, you started listening to them a few months ago?

What?
I know his influence on them. What makes you think I don't? lol

What an awful opinion. George wrote many of their best songs.

George was a better songwriter than Paul.
And he was almost as good as John.

They're not

If you did, you wouldn’t have made

Piggies sucks

Like It's All Too Much, Not Guilty, Don't Bother me, Blue jay Way, Only a Northern Song, Sour Milk Sea, Circles...

>If you did, you wouldn’t have made
I didn't understand why you made , apparently implying that those songs are bad because they're inspired by Dylan.

Not him but he was responding to
>muh Dylan
"Muh" is usually a mocking meme term, so in this context, is undercutting Dylan's influence.

Are you crazy or just several anons?

>apparently implying that those songs are bad because they're inspired by Dylan.
Yes

How so?

>How so
They start to make boring ass songs because Bob Dylan makes boring ass songs.

>boring ass
how so?

They’re musically boring. Sleep music for sleeping people.

>They’re musically boring
How so?

Good job proving my point. I love nearly all of George's songs, but again, they are primarily bolstered up by their sonic qualities, the creative choices he made to accompany his songwriting, not the actual songwriting itself.

Listen to melody on Think For Yourself and then listen to the melodies on Michelle or Girl. They're not even comparable. Lennon and McCartney had a knack for crafting these timeless melodies and chord progressions that worm your way into your brain regardless of the instrumentation behind them. I think George ended up getting to that level, but not until Abbey Road, which is more or less what Paul was saying. Still a pretty shitty and mean thing to say to a friend though.
I literally said WMGGW is one of the best tracks on the album. Long Long Longs is very good too. Savoy Truffle is mediocre, but again massively improved by lead guitar tone and brass arrangements. Piggies is straight up bad.

>Piggies is straight up bad.
Meme opinion. Especially when the worst song comes up next.

Lack music.

how could paul say that when what he wrote on that record was grannyshit

Not really. it is literally music.

Try again

Lack good music.

How so?

Based retard

>These people are on Yea Forums

all I know is I Want to Tell You is a terrible song
find it hard to listen to

Retard

ok pal you go ahead and enjoy the corniest beatles song

The Beatles haven't been relevant for over 40 years

The fact this post might actually not be ironic is sad.
Fuck you, I don’t like stupid people. You probably smell too. Fuck you.

george peaked on yellow submarine

BUT IT'S GONNA TAKE MONEY

>not Wait
go home normie

A WHOLE LOT OF SPENDING MONEY

>"feef" she hissed through her bare gums

In My Life is the greatest pop song of all time desu