What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-17 002933.png (277x270, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc
youtu.be/araU0fZj6oQ
youtu.be/9SSUQxGjZZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jWfstondD4c
youtube.com/watch?v=DWaB4PXCwFU
youtube.com/watch?v=tM18qFNI3DM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's continuously shocking to me how many people consider Disturbed to be good.

Opiate crisis in the Midwest

some guy my dad works with loves this song and didn't know it was a cover

They were never good to begin with.

wait until he finds out all of their songs are covers

youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc

Saw them headline a festival with Korn performing right before them and I don't know if it's because Korn was unexpectedly amazing live and brought the house down but Disturbed was pretty underwhelming, even Stupify and DWTS couldn't get me into it. He's one of those performers that does a lot of messiah poses, Johnathan Davis was hype.

I say this as someone that wasn't there for either of them and didn't expect much outside of the novelty of seeing huge bands from the era where they were super popular.

one of the worst bands of all time covered a terrible song. what the fuck did you except?

god some fucking kid in class once asked the teacher to play this and we sat through the whole fucking thing i wanted to throttle the fucker right then and there

Should add that they made a big thing of this song at the concert. Had everybody pull out their cell phones and stuff, I'm sure that's to be expected though.

It allows zoomers to enjoy boomer music but with all the worst qualities of modern milktoast buttrock production.

when i think disturbed i also think of these bands

youtu.be/araU0fZj6oQ
youtu.be/9SSUQxGjZZ4
(how catchy was that stupid song?)

Which? And why are you fags(in general not specifically you) so insecure about your teenage years that you're overdramatic about nu-metal. I still find most of it to be a good listen every once in a while.

Only real bad stuff looking back I can remember is Adema and Crazy Town.

hate when somebody puts this song on at a get together. i hate music that takes itself seriously in general I guess

>i hate music that takes itself seriously
wow very gay
fun music is cool but dramatic music is the best

The original version is pretty fast-paced and uptempo. It wasn't a dirge.

That's also heavily overdubbed to make it a pop record. The "original" original version is a soft acoustic folk song.

and limp bizkit and korn and saliva and P.O.D. and godsmack and shinedown and seether and drowning pool and papa roach and ugh im just gonna stop im getting depressed. that era sucked a fuck, man.

It has the same tempo as the radio version.

>u r gay
bigot spotted.

>The "original" original version is a soft acoustic folk song.
And that version was rightfully forgotten.

It's objectively better. The backing band on the single version nearly drowns out simon and garfunkel's soft vocals. It's such a jarringly unfitting addition.

it really wasn't that good even then

Enjoy your contrarianism, but your opinion is not pertinent to the discussion here.

Then so it RATM cucks. Don't half-ass it.

What did he mean by this?

>milktoast
Lmao my sides

I've never heard that Godsmack song before, that was god awful.

Don't really care for them tbf

I'm thinking of Takida
youtube.com/watch?v=jWfstondD4c

You couldn't go anyfuckingwhere in Sweden without hearing this song in 07/08

it was sung by one man instead of two, automatically precluding itself from having the charming harmony of the original (and of most of simon and garfunkel's music)
it had slow, tiring, and droning instrumentation that made it feel like a chore to listen to

RATM is garbage though, no amount of instrumental skill can save it from Zach's voice

Almost everyone besides "Music experts" who hate every band even associated with Numetal loved this song
Seether is a Nirvana clone, what the fuck do they have to do with Numetal?

Don't fucking remind me

Sounds like shit, we moved to Sweden in 2010, thank Allah I missed that!

>And that version was rightfully forgotten
The Graduate has been one of the most well known films of all time for over 50 years, user. I get hating Disturbed but you retards need to stop hating on based S&G

That whole "adding instrumentation to a faggy rock ballad" thing needs to end. And Draiman needs to stop thinking he's metal Phil Collins, Phil is shit for different reasons but Draiman still can't hold a candle to him

Kike

Imagine being this fucking illiterate.

literally what

It always makes me smile when I remember Damon covered Land of Confusion and Shout, and slagged of both Collins and Tears For Fears.

He's right. Read the posts you were replying to again

The song itself is magnificent, pleb. It's the cover that's atrocious.

What a wierd hill to die on lol

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Reaction channels are cancer; you can't hold Disturbed accountable for that.

The only decent Disturbed Album

Attached: Disturbed_Asylum_Album_Cover.jpg (220x220, 19K)

it was made for middle aged men in the 00s tho

What's terrible about The Sound of Silence?

How could it possibly have gone right?

The album before it was pretty good also

Attached: Indestructible.jpg (700x700, 273K)

>lmao what kind of idiot backs their own opinions?
Zoom-zoom, I get that you were raised to believe that any amount of self-confidence is bragging, but you need to figure out how to like yourself enough to have an opinion without thinking its "dying on a hill".

>Seether is a Nirvana clone, what the fuck do they have to do with Numetal?
Indeed, Seether is 100% post-grunge, in addition to the Nirvana comparisons they named their band after a based Veruca Salt song, a term that has since become a favorite among 4channelers.

Attached: The Seether is you, mu.jpg (1024x667, 87K)

This is their best song though

God these album covers are so awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=DWaB4PXCwFU
Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself. (Insert video clip of any MMORPG...)
youtube.com/watch?v=tM18qFNI3DM
How am I glad, but also a bit sad that these bands are over.

Big facts, still a 5/10 is barely worth your time.

no its cool bich

A dangerous lack of taste and total absence of subtlety