A few months ago someone posted (I think) an Albini quote on shoegaze as "reverb-filled pop music" with sexualised...

A few months ago someone posted (I think) an Albini quote on shoegaze as "reverb-filled pop music" with sexualised frontwomen who "moaned" over the mic in an attempt for mass appeal. It was a pretty vicious takedown of the whole genre and I was wondering if anyone had the quote or the source.

Attached: e03ea79f58421b8a9aba6dc2fb2e13d3.jpg (499x667, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewMJeY4bnKM&t=294s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

most shoegaze other than loveless was pretty unnecessary

Albini also said that SeXa confused him. He's kinda simple, desu.

Beastly trips. Antwan and Flea had a few choice words about that English shit also
youtube.com/watch?v=ewMJeY4bnKM&t=294s
>most shoegaze other than mbv was pretty unnecessary
ftfy

Big Black was basically reverb-filled pop music, punk strumming is far more poppy and mass appealing than drone.

Yeah when Albini moans into the microphone to mock the kids he raped, its fine. But when a desirable woman does it to compliment the guitar noise, its suddenly unethical. Truly the biggest white nigger in rock music.

>sexualised frontwomen

Attached: Bilinda_Butcher.jpg (1024x762, 140K)

>Flea
That dude Is still trapped in the same boring funky shit for like 30 years. Fuck him

What're you trying to say?

shes sexualised as in ii want to sexualise her hahaha

Damn I need a punkish gf

Attached: 21.jpg (400x500, 29K)

he's not wrong
i dont see any of those things as negatives though

I’m pretty sure the actual quote was why listen to shoegaze when you can buy a loaf of bread and some nice cheese or roast beef and enjoy it much more.

That's really stupid for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the ratio of male to female shoegaze singers.

my whole life I've only listened to female singers that sounded really sexy because I imagine them singing while I suck their boobies

Smoothbrain.

Nice

Based.

THATS A METAPHOR

Pretty accurate description, but what's wrong with any of that?

>but what's wrong with any of that?
he cant do it