Why won't zoomers listen to good rap like Public Enemy?

Why won't zoomers listen to good rap like Public Enemy?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5t7n-EeE1o
youtube.com/watch?v=ENe0cGVDmTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they listen to YG and Kendrick Lamar.

because they'll never understand the intricacies of a Bomb Squad beat

I can't stand it musically. I appreciate what they did and their music, however, I just can't get into it.

the only thing worse than a zoomer who ignores old music is a zoomer who ignores popular music because they were born in le wrong genurashun

bump

Because zoomers are retards who can't stop the "80's = dated/shit" meme.

Not even this?
youtube.com/watch?v=m5t7n-EeE1o

What's more concerning is they like the dated garbage from the 90s like Wu Tang and not the gold like the Beasties and EPMD

>90s hip hop is more dated than 80s

Attached: 1408663391934.jpg (1500x1500, 111K)

It is. Boom bap is far from timeless.

it puzzles me how boomers call PE's primitive shit "masterpieces". Zero melodic flow, repetitive, badly mixed, zero engagement. Music comes first. I'd rather listen to a guy rapping about generic drug money shit in an actually musical way than hear woke street poetry to a single sample. Listening to them made me understand why some people think rap isn't music. If you have something to say and can't make music write a poem or a fucking essay.

This is such a backwards take, Terminator X's production is the main appeal of Public Enemy. Why do you think they get so much praise despite Chuck D not being considered a GOAT MC?

I agree. It's just not that musical. Chuck's flow/delivery pretty much sucks, the bars are lame, flav is annoying as fuck. Barely anyone made listenable rap in the 80s.

Some people only listen to music for the politics, I shit you not

>badly mixed
Please stop talking about things you don't know.

Unironically.
Public Enemy is proto to the noise/industrial craze that Hip Hop is having.

80s hip hop =/= Public Enemy. When people think 80s hip hop, they think of the shittiest beats imaginable over some fat black guy screaming corny shit like "ONE TWO THREE FOR FIVE SIX SEVEN, MY DJ IS SPINNING IN HIP HOP HEAVEN"

It Takes a Nation of Millions sounded like shit last time I heard it

desu I can't really listen to the original Bring the Noise anymore, the Anthrax collab is far superior

One of the only rap metal songs that was actually pretty good.

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=ENe0cGVDmTI