Jacob Collier >>> The Beatles

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dXf1nUVdVuM

Attached: CC60B93F-F355-4335-A63B-8D734361AFA0.jpg (480x266, 86K)

Pro tip, you can add as many fancy jazz chords as you want to a song, but it doesn’t make it good. This sounds like dogshit because he took all the movement of the chords out, literally sounded like one note the whole time. Further proof that extensive knowledge of music theory does not equate to knowing how to make good music.

yh sure buddy I'm waiting for Jacob to make a good song.

that'll be a day.

>Further proof that extensive knowledge of music theory does not equate to knowing how to make good music

Well, no duh. You actually think he makes music for the sake of it being artistically creative? The guy's a total fucking narcissist, lol.

I thought it was impossible to make a Beatles song sound soulless, but Jacob showed otherwise. That's an achievement, I guess.

Brooklyn artwhores suck the soul out of everything they touch. I'm sad I had to watch that.

What the fuck is this shit? It's not only worse than the original song, it sounds absolutely uncohesive. There's too many unnecessary melodic arrangements, too many voices, too many instruments, and way too many irrelevant faggots on the song, it's like eating a sandwich with literally every ingredient in the restaurant.

BASEEEEEEEEED

>accomplished musician
>familiar with esoteric musical concepts
>writes challenging, dense music without sacrificing coherence for faux-avantgardeism
>generally fun, lighthearted and not infected with hipster cynicism and navelgazing depression
Honestly it's no wonder Yea Forums hates him so much.

Attached: 1566856105019.jpg (800x584, 172K)

There is no coherence in his arrangementes, other than PUT IT ALL IN, ANYTHING WE CAN PUT IN IT GOES.

He retains the song form and really only modifies the directionality of the harmony, usually changing it from cadential structure to a sort of vector approach wherein the overall soundscape is morphed.

and heres another video showing that YES I DO PLAY EVERY INSTRUMENT IT'S ME I AM THE ONE DOING IT ALL DONT BELIEVE LOOK AT ME PLAYING EACH INSTRUMENT ON SCREEN AT ONCE WHEN I PLA LIVE I RUN AROUND THE STAGE JUMPING ON EVERY INSTRUMENT I CAN IN 5 MINUTES IT FUCKING CRAAAAZY HOW TALENTED I AM also my voice is fucking weird and doesnt match up with my face or body at all what the fuck is my accent anyway where am i from does anyone know?????

Holy cringe

CHOCOLATE RAIN

Imagine defending Jacob Collier.

Attached: 1555959536136.jpg (1075x913, 142K)

>This sounds like dogshit because he took all the movement of the chords out, literally sounded like one note the whole time

The chords are the same as the original, what are you even talking about? The only difference is he made a modulation from A major to D major and he threw a stupid sounding vamp in the middle. I'd really like to hear your analysis that led to this conclusion, because I get the feeling your just pulling things out your ass to appear more intelligent.

What a disjointed cover. My heavens.

this is awful

With how many added voices, instruments and melodic arrangements over the basic guitar structure? You speak about the generality as if it didnt imply, in practice, a shit ton of extra added stuff.

A sandwich with all ingredients available to the chef.

>1:38
who the FUCK thought that was a good idea

Attached: 1525144181794.jpg (181x241, 10K)

He sings like he is trying to keep a rubber bouncy ball underneath his tongue

>This sounds like dogshit because he took all the movement of the chords out
i assumed he was talking about the slowed down speed, gay instrumentation and the shitty little rundowns after everything.

I am so glad Jacob does not look at life and music in a way that fits the norm

He does though

Attached: collier-jacob-image.jpg (300x300, 14K)

I'm getting on in years too but I'm grateful I've lived long enough to be around for THIS

>Jacob Collier is a musician, based in my mind, London, the Universe.
>JACOB COLLIER is a multi-instrumentalist, singer, arranger, composer and producer, based in London, England. Hailed the world over as one of the most prodigious and innovative creative forces of his generation
>Collier stands bravely at the center of it all, the writer, producer, arranger, and singer putting himself in conversation with the musical world at large. It is one of the most audacious recording projects to emerge this decade from someone who has already established himself as one of music’s most brazen and electrifying minds.

Terrible
Worse than time machine modulus

isn't this video disingenuous?
why does he do these videos when it's not the actual recording of the track?

Attached: download.jpg (226x223, 7K)

how does he ruin everything he cover?

>Hailed the world over as one of the most prodigious and innovative creative forces of his generation
>someone who has already established himself as one of music’s most brazen and electrifying minds

Attached: 1445657472067.gif (480x270, 1.58M)

I think Yea Forums's gripe is that Jacob makes music that's about him and his talents. He's a show off, and it makes us all jealous, but ALSO it makes his songs really boring and useless. Good novels have good prose, but good prose doesn't make a novel good, the story does. Jacob doesn't know how to write a story. He's 25 and talented, so obviously he's gonna show off and be kind of a douche about it, but hopefully as he gets older and starts feeling real loss and real joy, his music probably wont be as shallow.

the thing about jacob is he doesn't have talents

mike patton did mr bungle at 18 and 20 years later it still slaps

You are confusing technicality with talent, they are most definately not the same. Some asian engineers or lawyers may memorize all equations and laws, but that does not guarantee they will come up with the right solution because it implies more than just repeating, it implies creativity, otherwise what is your added value?

Yeah, obviously mike Patton was in touch with own emotions enough to make some compelling music. It's possible jacob will never get there.

That's my point, technical skill isnt enough, that's why Jacob's music sounds sterile. He isn't emotionally attuned enough to communicate feelings and ideas through music, all he can do is make music about how good he is at making it. And honestly he is creative in that area. The microtonal stuff he does blows my mind, but it's still empty sounding because he doesn't have any emotional regulators for his technicality. He doesn't have a vision.

you're grasping at straws at this point

>without sacrificing coherence for faux-avantgardeism
that's where you're wrong