String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Attached: 5951832608153b48c72f593608a10956.jpg (1000x664, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/p0qpz5cl
vocaroo.com/i/s1Le2f7YlWGg
vocaroo.com/i/s1xG3vjV8btg
youtu.be/bEfRtR12Y4k
vocaroo.com/i/s10QV31MwH7A
youtube.com/watch?v=-RgkME7ugZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-AdXH6ICw
reverb.com/item/27408657-esp-snapper-ctm-eucalyptus-top-limited-product-70145
vocaroo.com/i/s0w8130WMfeS
youtube.com/watch?v=v2b5ze5bX5o
youtube.com/watch?v=LkT8cmsxNIs
vocaroo.com/i/s1icWydttRLy
vocaroo.com/i/s1yfHlb2yGmL
youtube.com/watch?v=xmFfZ0JHpa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>knock off edition
noice

Waiting for my bf to come over. Playing on my charvel in the meantime.

What do you think of Fender Custom Shop?

I kind of have money to blow. I don't mind spending $4000-5000 on a guitar. But I don't know if they're good for the money or if it's really just the brand name.

And honestly, I don't know if I'd even buy it if it _wasn't_ the brand name. I read you can get G&L Customs for 1/2 the price, or Warmoth a guitar for 1/4 the price. But I think the resale value would hold the most for the Fender, yeah?

I think a Fender Custom Shop, I leave that to my kids or my kids kids when I die. Maybe it'll be worth something if they don't care about heirlooms. A Warmoth is immediately worthless in comparison.

Redpilled to be honest. I learned on an electric but when I wasn't a kid anymore and matured, I switch to nylon. Nothing more based than playing on a nylon.

Attached: 1552960035941.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

>spending >$1000 on a guitar

Attached: 1568256409348.jpg (750x703, 95K)

why didn't they wanted to post in /gg/

RUH ROH

What are some essential boomercore rock music I could learn? I'm still a beginner. I know a few Steely Dan and Scorpions songs.

Attached: bfb.gif (750x400, 122K)

Yea man fuck capitalism
--posted from my iPhone

>4 Posters

>people having conversation
what a shocker

>all the shitposters were banned
>/gg/ is kill

Attached: 1567954233516.jpg (550x366, 60K)

Good riddance

To /gg/ or to the shitposters?

Attached: TUMBLR_INLINE_MRP9J3IEE21QZ4RGP_crop.jpg (321x321, 27K)

Creedence Clearwater Revivial. My favourite rock band, Willie and the Poor Boys is a 10/10 album.

Am i missing something here? Its an MN3005 chip and those usually go for £250+

Why did i get such a good price?

Attached: EFC92665-7E00-428D-AB8A-9B9120A3046C.jpg (750x557, 162K)

The shit on computer does the same.

user...

What color should I paint my partscaster?

Yeaaaaaaaaah no.

Not in a live setting, which is the whole reason for stompboxes existing

Collect loads of insects (especially beatles)

Crush them up in a put and use the liquified remains of that to dye the wood

>sunset metallic
>50's soft V neck
>59's
>American Elite trem
Talk me out of it. The only thing I don't care for is I can't get locking tuners with the 50's neck.

Attached: 1546835135810.png (1361x749, 294K)

can't you just hook up an input pedal to a laptop?

test

W-what color would that get me?

Attached: 1525814082993.jpg (700x394, 59K)

You could, but the process of doing so, setting up the software to integrate with logic pro x, the time to hook it up and test it at every show, the cost of the plugins, and the poor reliability of a single system (if it fails, you’re fucked) means that its not really preferable over a reliable plug n play stomp box (which at the price i got it at is pretty inexpensive)

How do guys play with the guitar hanging so low?

Attached: doug.jpg (1203x1600, 198K)

The mod builder is really barebones. You can't pick any of their neck profiles or body materials with certain finishes which doesn't make sense to me at all.

t. would love a 9.5-12" compound radius D neck

>not available with bordeux finish for some reason

pink gang to deep red if you use cochineal

You're not fucking with me, are you? I might do that.

Thoughts on John Sykes?

Attached: John_Sykes_1984.jpg (1475x2052, 275K)

Shellac

Holy fuck im still at work

It's not even noon

It was the fullest wheelbarrow I've ever dumped

are there good custom guitar brands in Europe? I want an SG shape but don't want to get fucked by customs

IM GONNA GET A 60S MIM JAGUAR IM GONNA DO IT

>tfw to inteligent to buy Gibson guitars

Attached: 1559616332858.jpg (480x480, 24K)

One of these guys is an amazing singer/songwriter/guitarist

Attached: 548group9.jpg (700x370, 18K)

Ive been at work since 7am yesterday. Just got off though.

lol what a shit job you must have

Yeah i know it pays too well

Blog time:
Getting back in to guitar. Not a serious player, jam with friends in a garage style, no recording, metal mostly, but some rock stuff. Probably hand down everything to kid when I die of white monsters and other boomer shit.

Used to use a distortion pedal, and a RP50 multieffects pedal. The plastic RP50 is falling apart and showing its age. I mostly only used noise gate, reverb on it, and some shitty amp modeling. I've decided instead of replacing it for the same old shit, I want to build babies first pedal board, and hopefully inspire myself to play more often and really get back in to it. If I find passion again, I can always upgrade later. I have a distortion pedal I enjoy, so I gave myself about a $330 budget for everything else. Here is what I have already, what I need, and what I want.

Should I buy or build a pedalboard? I have no usable raw material laying around, would have to buy it.

Was wondering if anyone wanted to help/give me suggestions on how to fill out the rest of the needs/wants within budget.

And remember, im going for cheap, I used a fuckin multieffects pedal for years, so super high quality isn't a big must have to sit in my office, or sit in a friends garage.

Attached: Babies first pedalboard.jpg (1103x843, 264K)

unless you're a ceo of a company there's no such thing as a job that pays well enough to lose an entire day for

go to home depot and get them to cut some plywood and 2x4 for you. its way bettrr to make your own pedal board

I was in a similar position last year. Used a Boss GT-8 for like 6 years, then an ME-80 for 2 years before I decided to go big and just build a pedalboard.

I had no budget so I spent like $4000 so I can't help with your budget constraints but my favorite compressors are the Xotic SP Compressor and Keeley Compressor Plus. And cables I use EBS PCF because they're flexible and small and relatively cheap. Ernie Ball cables were too rigid for my board and they were the cheapest, but EBS PCF was the second cheapest.

I've been buy/flipping gear for years and it's been very profitable.

dont listen to those kaka people

i must also point out that you must be a total loser that you don't have anything better to be doing than to stay at a some menial job for a whole day. how sad for you

Here's my board, BTW. Notice how the cables are thin and flexible.

Attached: IMG_8776.jpg (3000x2000, 2.01M)

kek nice projection faggot

Attached: IMG_0039.jpg (3000x2000, 2.56M)

You will grow up one day.

I want to learn an instrument to be able to play tunes and melodies I hear, or from my imagination. I don't want to play a specific genre.
Would an acoustic guitar, nylon or with steel strings be good for this sort of a thing?

Nylon is redpilled.

what are they?

Get a piano for that sort of thing

Lol why does my life affect you so much. Whats sad the part where i ate japanese food and got paid for it or the part where i made over 1k in about 24 hours?

I WAS leaning on nylon actually. For it's more emotional, warm and soft sound but it also bugs me how it sounds too Spanish sometimes.

EBS PCF cables, as I mentioned already.

My cousin is like this, no wife or kids of his own, no friends, no social life. So he went to be an EMT and just stays on call all the time because he don't have any reason not to be. It's how he runs away from all his problems, it's pretty pathetic.

That's kind of what i was thinking, but with the cost of velcro and wood, and hinges for legs, I was wondering if it was worth it.

I like how simple and clean your board is.

A few years ago, I would have thrown money at it like that (though probably still not that much) But I recently had a kid, bought a car etc etc, just trying not to get carried away if it's going to collect dust. Not just to be kinda responsible, but also not to give the wife something to point at next time I want to blow money on some dumb shit

Not him but what's sad is that is you actually seem to think anyone here cares.

It's an old photo but I thought it looked cleaner then, than now. I'm just trying to show how cables can make a difference.

Attached: IMG_0237.jpg (3000x2000, 1.54M)

Now compare to Ernie Ball cables. Just yikes, my man.

Attached: IMG_8510.jpg (3000x2000, 1.59M)

>no wife or kids of his own, no friends, no social life
lol jroach in a nutshell

That's only for really cool people

Get a Luxxtone

Attached: luxxtone.png (825x619, 1.25M)

it only sounds Spanish if you only play the minor scale with low action

honestly I think you'll want a keyboard synth

I can see what you mean with the rigidity. I'm hoping i wont have too many issues since I don't have that many pedals and i've been kinda of leaning towards smaller ones with my price restraints.

ive been playing for years but my mind still goes blank when i pick up the guitar what the fuck

also give suggestions on songs to learn

clyp.it/p0qpz5cl

Rate? Been playing for 3 months now.

work on keeping tempo

anyone use the maxon od-808? how does it compare to other ts clones?

Electric Gypsy

Does this sound spanish?
vocaroo.com/i/s1Le2f7YlWGg

It all depends on the music you're playing. Be sure to develop your right hand.

Trust me it makes the peasants seethe. They always reply even if its ghost (you)s

they're right your life really is this sad, isn't it?

Attached: 6a598b53-e0dc-5d75-96e6-6a8700566e04.image.jpg (231x255, 14K)

That's really nice, user. But is that with a piezo or just the sound hole?

got tabs or can tell me something similar to this? having a hard time finding easy jazzy stuff to play

>posted two years ago

Man you aren’t even trying

When learning songs by ear do you just hunt and peck until you find the right notes or should you just be able to know the notes and chord immediately?

How's yousician? Total beginner here.

Whatever you say to make yours more bearable is fine by me. Cheers.

What y'all practicing today?
I'm doing pitch matching combined with vocal sovte exercises. Then I get home and do a bit of hand exercises on the guitar.

Also I learned Dust In The Wind before going to work, can anyone tell if the fingerpicking pattern is correct?

vocaroo.com/i/s1xG3vjV8btg

Pic: rice, bean, chicken and cassava's pureé.

Attached: IMG-20190913-WA0000.jpg (3264x1836, 570K)

Is there a mic that's general purpose ish like an sm57 but with sub bass range?

this might be a stupid question. I'm looking to record electric and classical guitars

*someone steps on the pedalboard energy cable*

for him? yes. for us? not at all. being able to witness the comedy of jroaches life is one of the highlights of /gg/. you just have to learn to laugh and not cringe is all

Attached: 859148822360ccd6a4a2950050047daf.jpg (256x256, 15K)

Sounds cool actually, I'm gonna investigate that for my Headless Condor.

Its called a power supply retard

Just get one of the newer zoom multifxs really

Lmao thanks for the laugh

based tri/gg/ermaster making jcope seethe

If you can't find a note by the first attempt, you're better off finding another hobby

Beta 57 I think

lole

Attached: 400ee73b4b2ca7eb4521572d8e7786f2--time-cartoon-my-childhood.jpg (300x433, 18K)

You should keep value out of the consideration. a 2019 fender custom shop guitar will appreciate about as much as a production line car

>he can't afford a Gibson, the only guitar which is good enough, because he's too stupid for a white collar job so he's developed a crippling painkiller addiction to deal with the aches and pains of pushing a wheelbarrow all day

Attached: laughingdarjeeling.gif (758x695, 759K)

peck around until you dont have to anymore

jokes on you kiddo, i own a prs

thats a great looking guitar. I want something exactly like that, but preferably hss

Honest newbie question: I just got an old 80's Japanese J-special Fender bass - the one with both P and J pickups and the thinner neck / black headstock. I am pretty sure the frets are worn down and need replacing, but I also wonder if the neck is straight or not. I'll likely have to take it in, but what should I be looking for to make sure my diagnosis is correct before taking it in?

They can do whatever you want.

Attached: Luxxtone-S.jpg (867x650, 405K)

Attached: luxxtone-choppa-s-white-1.jpg (935x500, 387K)

Nice. Now play this youtu.be/bEfRtR12Y4k

>i own a poop retard shit

Attached: smugtakagi16.jpg (428x433, 79K)

Jokes on you, I use painkillers to deal with the backache of carrying dogfood sacks.

Bet you can't figure what are the two notes on this chord.
vocaroo.com/i/s10QV31MwH7A

same kind of person who laughs when people buy sportscars

>lol that things useless you can't even take furniture and appliances home in it
>what are you going to do, pay a mover? retard, be smarter with your money
>rich person: Why do you think a moving fee for a fridge is money? It's pocket change.

That's just a phone recording.
I hate piezos.
This isn't super easy, be meticulous about the Rhythm. Pic related.
youtube.com/watch?v=-RgkME7ugZc

Attached: 5D2F0845-E92F-484B-BFE3-451B60702B5D.jpg (338x450, 43K)

>play this piano piece
Would have to arrange it, sounds concievably that it will fit in the Guitar's range.
I think it can be done.

>Be me, a wealthy individual
>Take my Gibson Custom shop out of its case and start playing smoke on the water
>Every poorfag in earshot hears the blend of top notch tone and comes to see
>almost in unison, like a flock of birds, they start squawking
>YOU HAVE TO BE AS GOOD AS YNGWIE BEFORE YOU CAN HAVE A GUITAR THAT NICE
>$5000? YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE $5!
>YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY
>YOU WOULD SOUND JUST AS GOOD ON A SQUIER
>dime my dumble overdrive special and switch to playing iron man

Attached: YziqTr8.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Attached: _MG_5872_550x367.jpg (550x367, 176K)

Attached: 1521406140520.jpg (415x415, 28K)

Attached: 35043549_10156807784534869_8725120212354990080_o.jpg (1202x456, 63K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (608x869, 153K)

yeah, but stompboxes are overpriced for the simple circuit you get, which is why you get things like the line 6 helix that contain 300 pedals for the cost of 10, plus amp and cab modeling and the ability to act as an interface, and the kemper which costs as much as one amp but can mimic the tone of thousands.

of course some loser with a board full of mooer, donner, and danelectro stompboxes (that sound just as good) will tell you you're missing the lively, organic impossible to model response of a real op amp or some other bullshit someone who couldn't afford a college EE class would come up with.

Is that a Friedman?

Attached: ad5c6e2f24e3c6feefbb476f6756b98bdf4844.jpg (1280x853, 411K)

>Muh 035

You dare challenge me??
Db C

major 7ths sound so dissonant out of context

Redditors with pedalboards that cost more than their mexican-made semi hollows and telecasters would disagree

It's not about the tone. That's for people who play guitar. It's about the hands on experience of turning all those knobs and color coordinating your overdrives.

yeah, friedman cali

>those visible sandpaper marks

lmao who the hell would buy that

youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-AdXH6ICw

Found a decent arrangement.
Music doesn't look too difficult, I looked at the piano score too and that fits well within the relative position of the guitar's comfortable range.

people who want to look like they hastily custom built their own shred machine in their garage before a gig and played it for decades because it sounded that good, but actually didn't

bass guitars are for faggots

Nice, I really dig his amps. Haven't had a chance to check out the guitars

Attached: JeF1F5c.jpg (2048x1536, 1.27M)

me except I like the Ramones

The majority of players love the look of reliced and distressed guitars. Even if at first they hate them, the aesthetic eventually grows on them.

Attached: Luxx-ChoppaS.jpg (830x623, 342K)

>fake relic jobs
Because you couldn't pull of a quality normal finish
>reverse headstocks on non-floyd right handed guitars
Because you can't think of a good way to stand out
>blatant fender knock-offs with trademark evasion headstock designs
Because you're not creative enough to improve or modify the design of a

Attached: Chisato.jpg (314x266, 33K)

Yeah, I have those too lol

Attached: grady.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

I actually get relics if you want the feel of an old guitar but some of these are just pathetic. The guy that built that one didn't even try to hide how little of a shit he gave to make it look aged.

Having a real relic is easy as fuck anyways, all you have to do is make the finish coats super thin, but I guess that would actually require playing the guitar for at least a year .

>>fake relic jobs
>Because you couldn't pull of a quality normal finish

facts

The virgin strat clone
The chad jackson dinky with logical improvements

lol wtf kind of comb over is that

But...snapper...

Attached: snapper-as_burner_al.jpg (600x800, 82K)

Some of those are over the top but a subtle aging is classy

Attached: IMG_5061__80770.1565284687.jpg (1280x534, 102K)

If you want classy aging, buy a guitar with a thinner, vintage formulated coat of nitro (would have to be a custom order) and just play it. Otherwise they look like they were dropped at the factory.

Attached: esp snapper.jpg (800x533, 97K)

Acrylic body. Rosewood neck. Probably weighs 14 pounds with most of it in the neck. It's a wall hanger for sure.

And

>paying any respectable sum of money for a guitar with a six-screw tremolo

Are we guitarists or are we art critics

That doesn't even look aged, just used lol

reverb.com/item/27408657-esp-snapper-ctm-eucalyptus-top-limited-product-70145

Found it

Post pics when you buy this hideously overpriced wannabe strat with the pickup configuration of a cheap ibanez and an inferior bridge design that fender doesn't even use on their serious instruments anymore.

I like the ESP M/Mirage and Horizon as much as the next guy but this snapper business is laughable.

I can sweep pick
vocaroo.com/i/s0w8130WMfeS

Attached: ACFE3947-BAC6-40DC-B650-2658C0D7AADA.jpg (1124x802, 182K)

I'm trying to get a classic early 80s extreme metal sound. Is this a good setup?
>1983 Gibson Explorer
>1983 Marshall JCM-800 amplifier
>1983 Boss HM-2 distortion pedal

Attached: vintage metal.jpg (1500x1500, 1.24M)

Nah brah, I'm buying this

Attached: izswtozokaxsy8vxgqya.jpg (1600x1200, 516K)

>he has $5000 to spend on a meme
>doesn't get this

Attached: ft2apyl2gdsgakvog0yv.jpg (682x1024, 89K)

ibanez gio and a dimed line 6 spider will sound the same

Flatpicking guitarist with a 7 string: 0000000
Tapping guitarist with a 7 string: musical nonsense.mp3
Fingerpicking guitarist with a 7 string: youtube.com/watch?v=v2b5ze5bX5o

youtube.com/watch?v=LkT8cmsxNIs
>fretless baritone guitar
Damn this shit's rad

fretless guitars in general need to become more popular

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.01.38 AM.png (1352x659, 638K)

sounds like shit desu

Hello, hope you’re all doing well :D
vocaroo.com/i/s1icWydttRLy

Attached: CD998AC3-2B1B-46A0-95E4-FC9D6A12D3EF.jpg (1132x1552, 224K)

cool af tbqh.

admire the skill
hate the tone and composition

Pedalfaggery is all about branding, everyone gets the "correct" make and model on their board. So you'll never see someone with like a Maxon chorus or a DOD comp since those aren't the allowable pedals from those brands.

bad opinion
intonation could be better but it's really not all that bad. The timbre is sick and sliding into and out of notes and chords smoothly is tight

did you ever get that backing track from jroachy

>The timbre is sick and sliding into and out of notes and chords smoothly is tight
not really

Yes, this is instant Swedeath toan right here, late 80s/early 90s. Early 80s was more about JCM with a ts808. That's your Metallica/Slayer sound, just cut or boost mids resp.

i only build my own pedals

>80s extreme metal sound
>Metallica/Slayer

Attached: 1544504710620.png (192x192, 44K)

lol nope

Attached: 08F70422-257F-4A63-91CE-5CFAAF45EA92.jpg (1000x1642, 238K)

what a surprise

>cables are now power sources

Yay! My Solar Guitar refund got through! Time to get an Aerodyne Stratocaster!

Attached: 93b2a2e15c146dcb8062727dd6157eb2.png (1650x1800, 2.45M)

He wanted to practice it for a week before he gave it to me or something lol

Attached: EEF5698E-C850-4DD8-A557-8C9C7E3F4E76.jpg (3048x3945, 1.01M)

Shut up dog

of course a solar would be refunded

>practices for a week
>still out of tune and off tempo

Attached: chang_spits_milk.gif (285x235, 942K)

If you play a power chord on this, you are instantly transported back to Sweden in the late 80s.

I just looked at the specs and thought it was good. I didn't realize Ola Englund was one of those YouTube shills, I didn't even know who he was prior to getting it. Now I realize it's no different than buying a Chapman Guitar.

When does strumming stop hurting? I already have a small silver colored callus on my index finger, playing rapid chords on a bass guitar is fun but it's kinda painful. Also, How do I rapidly strike the fourth string without accidentally touching the third string?

>Marshall amp
Real 80s metal heads played on shitty Peavey solid state amps.

next time listen to /gg/ and get an ESP

They're the Gibsons of metal.

Attached: based finnish man.jpg (1320x1981, 571K)

I am a metalfag but I kinda want something "normal" looking. An Aerodyne Strat has a slimmer neck, jumbo frets, is make in Japan and has a flatter body (I think). Otherwise, I'd maybe get an LTD EC-1000

The subtle compression of an active pickup sounds like shit for metal but makes for a great blues/country sound

Debating with myself whether to get this or not. Only a grand for a brand new one.

Attached: 0143913302_gtr_frt_001_rr[1].jpg (2400x764, 665K)

yeah because metal is all about the dynamic range of your distorted tone

Telling people what guitar, amp, pedals and sound to use because "it sounds good for this genre" is just putting people in a box and making them follow trends

Maybe I want a shit tone or a different tone

it is. good metal, that is.

Shit that doesn't riff hard isn't good

Just because something follows all of the trends of a particular genre doesn't make it good music

vocaroo.com/i/s1yfHlb2yGmL

This is from something, isn't it? Can't name it

help me friends.
what do the numbers in pic related means?
usually it's fingers but how can you do vibrato with two fingers?

Attached: file.png (51x102, 4K)

Curious to see what kind of gear y'all got. Post your gear.

I have a Cruise bass with no pickups, $30 bass strings and no amp

u w0t m8, it only takes one finger to vibrato a string
You can vibrato whole chords as long as they aren't open ones

ok just don't start seething k

Attached: IMG_4213.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

ok so what does the 24 means?

>he doesn't do behind the nut bends on open chords
sheesh never gonna make it pal

Why would I be upset? Thats a nice guitar man.

Unironically some of the best tone in the 80s, the '87 Whitesnake album is okay from a song standpoint, but the guitar sound on it is impressive. And based for carrying Thin Lizzy sonically through their final album/tour

Do you perhaps watch K-On? My mom asks

you piece of shit thats my guitar, i didn't authorise the use of this copyright infringement

post time stamp or fucking delete it you piece of shit

Attached: disgust1.jpg (1280x720, 296K)

And why?

lol

Attached: p1020335.jpg (1360x2048, 1.7M)

lol my ass you retard, different knobs

Could mean they want you to put two fingers on the string for a stronger vibrato, 4 on the A#, 2nd finger just anywhere behind it for reinforcement. Fuck if I know though, I don't read notation for guitar

Attached: 1258609708873.jpg (500x375, 26K)

Never pretend to be someone you’re not you broke ass niggerfaggot

Attached: 00800D6E-5EA5-4624-8178-7D6476FF8038.jpg (4032x3024, 2.68M)

What is the cheapest I could find an electric guitar for? I don't care about sound quality. I just need something to dick around with at home. Maybe $50 at a pawn shop?

>ESP
>les paul
>strat

I take it your next purchases are a tele and a gretsch white falcon

i said DON'T seethe bruh dang

Attached: 129405404.png (878x851, 1.1M)

for me, it's neck bending
Just don't do it with your Gibson or the head will snap off

>Would have to arrange it
Duh, just learn it by ear like you would do with a regular guitar. There's plenty of guitar covers of that song on jewtube even.

Nice. I'll be checking for your cover.

I was doing the interval ear training. I couldn't figure it's a maj7 after a while of trying so I cheated on the piano app. It's weird how sometimes the same interval sounds easy and then later it's hard to figure it.

Well said, tranny.

Every damn time

I posted that pic first on gg :-)

Why are you adding metal harmonics and palm mutes to the main riff
And that tone is digital

user strumming is supposed to be done with a pick

This, it's required for the authentic buzzy metal tone

Lol

lol give up, he owned you

Attached: JsTDOih.png (600x912, 863K)

a gretsch for sure, but i was thinking a duo jet
that or a nylon guitar and call it good

thank you for actually answering me.
anyway it doesn't make sense as i have to hold F# with the 3rd finger, thus making it impossible holding A# with the forth

you did huh

Attached: 1524302292127.jpg (499x498, 65K)

Hi

Attached: 20190814_182708.jpg (5312x2988, 728K)

Invest in tone-soap, and a tone-broom.

Oh the F is sharp? Yeah something fucky's going on then

An ec1000 looks very metal to me. I have one and I wouldn't use it for less heavy stuff. Why not get an Edwards lp?

Fade to Black

>posting my guitar
Seems we have a copying cat in /gg/ today.

Attached: 2.jpg (1367x2291, 150K)

Attached: 20190907_193923.jpg (2522x4032, 2.9M)

>Not using the heaviest looking guitar you can find to jam and play five bar blues

youtube.com/watch?v=xmFfZ0JHpa0

The camo only adds to that authentic southern tone.

I will strum the bass until my fingers stop hurting
Bass strings are thicker and hard to strum than guitar strings
once I master strumming bass strings, when I touch a tenor guitar I will fucking shred

I miss R~'s gear impersonation phase

That ESP is the dumbest thing I have ever seen
>MY HEADSTOCK LOOKS LIKE A SPEAR
>ALLLL BLAAAAAAAACK
>METALLICA!
Edge won't make up for your lack of talent.

Get a normal guitar you fucking tryhard.

Attached: DSC00995.jpg (1280x1920, 262K)

they stopped posting their gear for the most part

Attached: 2c17d6c933063ab7477470233722da60_crop.jpg (351x384, 24K)

Tfw lots of cheap guitars. Saving up for an actual good guitar right now.

Attached: IMG_0562 (1).jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

all shit

That's an ornament.
You'll play A#(presuming the bottom note is F#) and then with the pinky play B#(C on 3rd string) and then back to A# again.

sweety who hurt you?

i don't have any control over the design and manufacturing of the guitar, they wanted to make it pointy? they did, people will either buy it or they won't. its all black because its the only "colour" that its available in apart from the swirly shit so again, buy it or don't. seethe more

what a weird ass way to notate that

shoulda went with "or don't" brah

Why did you buy a tryhard guitar?

Do you play in a band that looks like this?

Attached: 3b78cac7215aea66f726895f6759d16d.jpg (1920x1080, 543K)

>Why yes, I do like ESP guitars. How could you tell?

Attached: 100402_bellelune3.jpg (688x441, 53K)

Yeah that's it
Guess I can't ever do anything with a 5 and b6 pedal going on, fuck you metallica

my money, my decision, i wanted the emerald green one but i wanted it with a dark fingerboard, the only ones in stock were the maple ones. to make up for this what guitar do you want me to buy next? guarantee you'll give me shit about it too

Does this count?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

not him but i'd totally get one if it were hardtail

He's right, there's no pleasing /gg/. Never.

Buy me a $200 Tele and I will learn to play it

>to make up for this what guitar do you want me to buy next?

Rick Turner model 1 C-LB.

I see it all the time.
Do you play Baroque/Renaissance pieces often?

Faggoty guitar. Next.

* Since I don't know the key of the piece, if the B# sounds incorrect, then it might just be referring to B Natural.

but your decision was shit lmao

You're one of those people.

BC Rich Mockingbird.

don't like the design, but i like the electronics and schematic. something else in miind?

Nah man BC Rich makes some of the ugliest guitars on the market. The guitar you posted is some gay ass fleetwood mac bullshit. You can do better.

It's funny when you can just look at a guys guitar collection and can tell he can't play for shit.

Attached: 3e030b33848cf81ba5d1b089d3c24a2e3c395de4.jpg (400x400, 37K)

>cheap piece of shit noname acoustic as my first guitar
>action is a mile high
>messed with the truss rod but can't get it any lower
>can't do chords for more than ten minutes at a time without the pain being too much
If I preserve through this will I be better for it?

No. Well I guess that makes sense then, those niggas are always trilling everything, needs a quick notation

Yeah, when he has more than two electric guitars with the same general bridge type and pickup configuration it's a red flag.

>used mexi strat and install 59's and locking tuners in it
Or
>partscaster
What do?

Lmao you got me, I'm still a beginner.

lemme guess, and you own just a first act guitar and are some virtuoso or something? get real. seethe more you poorfag

What a meme machine. What can you even use these for except for playing some Death in June songs?

whatever you choose man, i'd say mexi strat upgrade simply because you have the strat at least and can wait a couple weeks to buy and order the pickups and tuners. then again you can just buy them all at once like with the partscaster

Jangle Pop, Goth Rock, 70s Miles style fusion,Narco-Corridos so many things

It's also HS guitars are the sign of a beginner, because practicefags use the weaker neck pickup as a clean practice setting for scales and then switch to the hotter humbucker bridge to fuck around with riffs.

YEAH! Fuck beginners man.

I thought about getting one too but I'm going to wait for next years models now that rosewood is legal again. I hate those pale looking pau ferro fretvoards

yeah and fuck beginners with money

>i dun know what i want yet
>better buy FUCKING EVERYTHING

Aren't you banned, Samuel?

Damn. That feels real personal. Honestly half the fun for me is collecting.

Sell everything but the ESP or the les paul, your choice. Block the floyd if you keep the ESP so it only goes down. Sell whatever amp you have. Buy a roland jazz chorus. Start taking good lessons. The kind that hold you to a standard and require homework.

You might actually be good at guitar in a few years.

I don't recommend starting on a strat because electric guitars are bitch fingers mode already and that fretboard radius only makes you more of a wuss.

What the hell do you mean by strumming

HS guitars are some of the rarest configs around on today's market especially in the beginner segment.

You put your index / middle finger and your thumb together and you strike it laterally against the strings
Welcome to Guitar 101

HS and HSS fall victim to being used the same way

as practice axes with a humbucker so you can riff

Metallica One
Wasting love

metallica owns the clean first position riff sorry man

move up a few frets and you'll be agalloch

Instead of what? Playing surf rock?

So versatility = bad?

lol versatility is a meme

Ok buddy.

I bet that fender won't bring rosewood back

guitar versatility is for beginners who can't get it from technique.

This. You're lucky as shit if you have one guitar that does one thing well, the idea that you're going to find a guitar that does two things well is how you can always spot a retard.

Because I can :D

Attached: 41F877E4-6048-47B1-9B6D-D1F5962A6E37.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

>he switches pickups for a clearer sound
>mfw i roll off the volume knob and pick closer to the bridge

Attached: 0012981.jpg (680x532, 48K)

Please tell me more. I want to be JUST LIKE YOU.

>real players in /gg/
freaky friday DAMN

T. no one

Imagine wanting to please others with your own purchases

wtf I'm not no one

Yes
But you can sand the bridge

practice at least one hour a day spread over 15 minute sessions
always use a metronome
raise your action
use lighter strings
play clean arrangements of heavy metal songs until it sounds good

What the hell does that mean? Only beginners practice

>raise your action
wtf
I don't wanna actually have to use force in my legato

i am ;^)

Attached: whats my name bitch.jpg (195x232, 19K)

you suck

But you do that with a pick no?

shut up homer

For me, it's Gary Moore

Attached: moore.jpg (299x168, 9K)

>being full enough of yourself to actually respond
Kill yourself immediately

I do it with a pick and without a pick. Honestly I feel like I'm being babied when I use the pick.

Attached: 4gqtz1.jpg (640x480, 50K)

He looks like a Crossover of Ace Frehley and Fofão (pic)

Attached: FB_IMG_1568120638246.jpg (1039x1039, 115K)

Haha you're so full of yourself that you're offended by being given good advice

It sounds like shit without a pick, so it's dumb to play with it unless you're playing mindlessly

you're just not strumming hard enough

>all this hate for HS config
shut the fuck up you cherry picking nigger. kudos to you though for having a platform to argue for once. any other shitpost is just baseless and retarded, your argument about HS guitar does make sense, but i've never done that, i just roll off the volume to clean up

thanks for the dry advice i didn't ask. i have fun practicing different techniques and applying them to songs or jamming along to a song with each guitar, not all at once but a different guitar any given day. keeps my fingers on their tips because of the different widths and neck shapes of each guitar. i have fun playing guitar, you and everyone else on this thread should learn to do the same

Based

Always good enough

Attached: EUR0VZ4.jpg (768x1024, 91K)

B R E E D

Strumming hard doesn't make the skin get stiff

shopgoodwill.com is Goodwill's auction site, I've gotten a few basses for cheap there and theres all kinds of shit

Big dick energy.

Watched some videos of him shortly before his death and him knocking out his 80s superstrat wankery songs flawlessly with a Les Paul was based

Attached: 1492397955469.gif (320x176, 345K)

pretty cool collection if you ask me