I mean, everyones allowed one bad album

I mean, everyones allowed one bad album

Attached: 23e9404e93f0535112f0d5931c6408112389f3da.jpg (550x550, 48K)

It's just, most bands have at least one halfway decent album that's not a bunch of edgy prog metal shit to crywank to.

that's not aenima

the only cyberpunk album ever made

it's good, but the production is just bad and genuinely off-putting

>listen to the leaked copy
>bruh, this uploader fucked up, there's clipping and shitty compression everywhere lmao
>listen to the release
>bruh, oh nonononononononononono

This album is not likely to be understood by most of the people on this website, it's not really for you

its good

Not even bad, just their worst

You do realize this is the album of the fucking decade, right?

Tool really is the Rick and Morty of music.

this album is good wtf

Descending is fighting for best track of all time.

I'm 34. I've listened to all of the albums on the Yea Forumscore list out there and I'm re-listening to FEAR INOCULUMfor the umpteenth time (realistically, I'd say I've listened to it at least 100 times) and I just have not found that many other albums to match it artistically. It is just so inspired throughout the entire thing. It bothers me that folks would write it off as "metal" or "hard rock" and only consider it good in those categories. I've found a LOT of "metal" and "hard rock" to be very subpar and many people in those bands let the loud volume account for what they lack in talent. TOOL is unlike any other band on the planet and their scarcity, limited material and mystery make them all the more appealing to a world that gets EVERYTHING IT WANTS RIGHT NOW (DAMNIT!). TOOL fans wait and wait for more material ... and the reason why is their existing material is so amazing - especially FEAR INOCULUM.

I know what I am saying has been said a million times before, but it just seems like everytime I read about TOOL in a major publication they write them off as a fringe band. I know MJK does not give an F about all this ... I'm just sad they don't get the respect they deserve on those best of lists. The Yea Forumscore list is filled with awesome stuff - no denying that - but FEAR INOCULUM deserves to be on that list.

Attached: TOOL-Fear-Inoculum.jpg (696x670, 40K)

Great pasta bro.

the trick is to not listen to it for a week, listen again and it's fucking mint

Yeah well that's their third already.

wat
73mp357 is the only bearable song on there and its shit

for me the kino songs are Pneuma and Culling Voices, and you'll hear a different opinion from everyone, and I agree that Descending isn't near the top

Rick and Morty is way superior to Tool

What happened to them? Where did their mentality of making music they could masturbate to go?
I'll have to relisten to it a couple times before I can actually get a grip on this thing but so far I find it lacking in intensity and overall inspiration

Is this why Valve doesn't release Half Life 3?
How come every band I like releases bad albums lately?

If you like that heavy riff from Pneuma, just listen to The Patient from Lateralus, it's similiar explosion after quieter, calmer part, except it's much more satisfying with Lateralus' production

I'm feeling you, by it's still solid. I'm thinking they were trying to get away from "edgy" Tool, like the acoustic or adult-contemporary album.

yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Many Such Cases!

Pic unrelated

I mean everyones allowed to fuck one dead body.

>More Sex With The Dead
>(From July/Aug 1981 Issue)

>Dear WET,

>I read with sadness and some surprise your "Sex with the Dead" article in March/April 1981 WET. In 1976, I had access to a morgue and did a piece called Necrophilia.

>Perhaps John Duncan would not have had to put himself through the mental agony, had he seen that I had done the piece several years before.

>The necrophilia piece came to me after having a dream that I was fucking a seductive and beautiful living woman who rapidly aged and died as we were making love. She clamped her arms around me and the sides of the bed became a coffin enclosure.

>The dream was terrifying but I saw the Necrophilia piece as the ultimate resolution of polarities - Life/Death - if you could love death you could accept and love life more fully.

>After doing the morgue pieces I felt less afraid of death, but more afraid of the moral and karmic consequences of my actions. I was heavy into LSD at the time and had a few revelations about our immortality. In 1979 I hallucinated a trial of the souls who were involved. I met the soul of the woman that I had sex with. She was extremely angry and screamed at me saying - didn't I know I was violating her and that she was a person just as I was. I was so sorry, disgraced and disgusted with myself, I cried and begged her forgiveness. She did not forgive me, but I was put on a kind of probation by the judge and told to do good works, not harmful and negative works. A day has not gone by that I haven't thought of the necrophilia piece. I guess, during the past couple of years, I have come to regard the body as a sacred thing as well as a piece of meat.

>Alex Grey
>Boston

Attached: necrophile alex grey.jpg (195x259, 15K)

I saw a talk by Alex Grey at Rainbow Dragon festival and it was genuinely one of the most boring experiences of my life. And I love his art work. Wish he'd gone on a necro tangent.

Psychopathy
Misleading me over and over
Psychopathy
Misleading me over and over and over

Attached: awarecat.jpg (600x682, 127K)

James Rolfe likes the new TOOL album.

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-120422~2.png (476x523, 63K)

its not that i dont like it, it just does nothing for me. they do "tool" things, that actually are reminiscent of what they did before, but just like to do it, it has no power. i just remember listening to undertow back in 94 and there was nothing like it and had so much energy. even 10k days has some amazing stuff like the DMT song and the pot. here, they are doing tool things but lacks the spirit

its ok tho. they are older, they probably were doing these songs or portions thereof over and over for the last 13 years to get it perfect or until maynard agreed on things or whatever, until it because just a thing they did. they still have so many amazing songs and albums, from opiate to 10k days

>be Green Day fan
>American Idiot
oh... its different to what I wanted but its goo-
>21st Century Breakdown
uh this doesn't sound as-
>Uno! Dos! Tre!
STO-
>Revolution Radio
PLEASE ST-
>Father of All Motherfuckers single
HES ALREADY DEAD, STOP

7empest is 2nd weakest after Descending. 7tempest runs out of steam at the 10 minute mark

>be Green Day fan
You poor fool. Should've just given up on them after Nimrod like everyone else.

>being a contrarian in a chinese cartoon website in 2019

Attached: why.jpg (474x550, 16K)

Hindsight is 20/20 unfortunately. I didn't mind Warning: honestly. But it is ironic that it SHOULD have been a red flag.

Change the tracklisting and it's a killer. I've said this before and I'll say it again,
Fear Inoculum
Pneuma
Tempest
Litany Against Fear
Culling Voices
CCT
Legion Inoculant
Invincible
Descending
Mockingbeat
is objectively the best way to listen to this album.

I went to see a talk by Grey once. I enjoyed it enough.

I don’t even know what he was there for. I guess he was just likes traveling around randomly and giving speeches like McKenna, an influence of his. It was very McKenna-esque in content

me above Listened to it every day when it came out and was pretty good, didn't think to listen to it for a while due to other bangers. Then had some melodies in my head and listened again and it absolutely cooked.