Metal """music"""

>metal """music"""
Metal is not music, period. Making awful guitar riff, screaming, moaning, trying so hard to be edgy doesn't make an actual enjoyable ""art"", also it doesn't make you any masculine, cool or intimidating neither. One of the most pretentious and cringiest form of """music"""".

Attached: 1563134610271.jpg (600x539, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPfYr7JiZM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTTkcM5QJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA
youtu.be/SOpwdyrDOUo
youtube.com/watch?v=OyYnstGB3rM
youtube.com/watch?v=NX1YmWNPX4g
youtube.com/watch?v=mS8LvHT_zcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xVU6o7xg_Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=LGT6MKrDJy4
youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68
youtube.com/watch?v=NryhTrYPgZs
youtube.com/watch?v=m8cVemmIxZc
youtube.com/watch?v=bWbxctjPM2I
youtube.com/watch?v=BHANdi0IbPY
youtube.com/watch?v=YG--MK7VD-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_if0NJMwo
youtube.com/watch?v=Il7YdopR_Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj5hrcsR0IU
youtube.com/watch?v=QvMKsgVBzMo
youtu.be/5GUCqMEeaRY?t=99
youtube.com/watch?v=MshUFnfEfeA
youtube.com/watch?v=FwkcRTNMsWs
youtube.com/watch?v=x7ES7ueI7p0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based.

Attached: IMG_4481.jpg (561x848, 89K)

What's music to you?

Actually based
Clearly you have no idea if you listen to metal

>try to be as manly, edgy, cool and brutal as possible
>get the exact opposite result
how did metalfags manage to do it?

You didn't answer the question.

yeah yeah. keep crying queer

Attached: 1564258306412.jpg (3330x7200, 3.64M)

Why would you assume I listen to any metal at all? I just want to know what you consider to be music.
>you have no idea
If I had one I would either agree or disagree. I'm in doubt. Now, what is music to you?

roll

rolling for grind

Formerly Chuck's.

I'm not OP but music to me is something that conveys emotion like the artist intends, and metal does the exact opposite like says
It's just trying far too hard to seem simultaneously powerful and powerless, sad and angry, atheistic and satanistic, and nothing is gained in the process except making skinny weaklings and fat fucks feel powerful and cool.

No one who defends metal doesn't listen to it

>>metal """music"""
>Metal is not music, period. Making awful guitar riff, screaming, moaning, trying so hard to be edgy doesn't make an actual enjoyable ""art"", also it doesn't make you any masculine, cool or intimidating neither. One of the most pretentious and cringiest form of """music"""".
>Based.
>Actually based
>
>Clearly you have no idea if you listen to metal
>>try to be as manly, edgy, cool and brutal as possible
>>get the exact opposite result
>how did metalfags manage to do it?
>I'm not OP but music to me is something that conveys emotion like the artist intends, and metal does the exact opposite like says
>It's just trying far too hard to seem simultaneously powerful and powerless, sad and angry, atheistic and satanistic, and nothing is gained in the process except making skinny weaklings and fat fucks feel powerful and cool.
>No one who defends metal doesn't listen to it

Attached: 1567579463033.jpg (800x800, 92K)

>make you any masculine, cool or intimidating neither
Oh god you're that retarded ESL from the other thread. Imagine being so butthurt over being called out you post your reply as a separate thread.

>negative emotions are not worth expressing in music
>catharsis and the ability to relate are not legitimate for negative emotions
semi good bait, sage nevertheless

Did I defend metal at any point? I asked the question out of sheer curiosity. I find metal unbearable, but I can't define whether it is music or not.

roll

Rolling

Roll

Roll

Negative emotions are worth expressing but if everything is screaming and yelling then nothing is, nothing has weight, it's all just meaningless
Emotions should be used intelligently rather than in literally every, single, lyric.

>Metal is not music, period. Making awful guitar riff, screaming, moaning, trying so hard to be edgy doesn't make an actual enjoyable ""art"", also it doesn't make you any masculine, cool or intimidating neither. One of the most pretentious and cringiest form of """music"""".

Attached: 73667b129a478499979dbea2bd3b026c6649060da20798aef5b84f7306780c07.jpg (665x800, 157K)

>Negative emotions are worth expressing
>but if everything is screaming and yelling then nothing is
>Emotions should be used intelligently rather than in literally every, single, lyric.
the actual state of this board

I dont think you understand like why there's screaming in extreme metal in the first place, or why it sounds the way it does
Listen to black sabbath > iron maiden > metallica > slayer > death

Present an argument you fucking retards

Try singing clean on extreme metal riffs and drumming, it sounds like shit

>Present an argument you fucking retards

Attached: large.png (1168x1024, 153K)

Metal is the only genre with good guitar riffs besides flamenco tbqh

>PLEASE DEBATE ME

Attached: 1542107607786.jpg (658x557, 54K)

Try singing clean with clean bass, clean guitar and no shitty pedals
Sounds infinitely better than metal "music"

>Try singing clean with clean bass, clean guitar and no shitty pedals
so basically folk? retard

That's wrong.

>folk bad
Imagine being this retarded

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

>Heavy metal? eww!!! sorry but i don't listen to that edgy and violent shit, it just hurt my ears dude
>Now let me listen to some indie experimental avant garde ground breaking post new wave rock with my buddies and a bottle of soilent

Attached: DO77SKKU8AADk-3.jpg (1200x788, 258K)

What else? Noise rock? Sure but dissonant metal makes better noisy dissonance riffs than noise rock

WHY do zoomers and soiboys seethe at metal so much? genuine question btw

>dissonant metal makes better noisy dissonance riffs than noise rock
AHAHAA You've gotta be shitting me

Attached: 1557027874115s.jpg (185x250, 4K)

It's so based it rattles people just by existing

Real CLASSIC ROCK that really ROCKS
Sure Straits for instance.
Knopfler is one of the best riff makers of all time.

WHY do zoomers and soiboys like metal so much? genuine question btw

Kek name one (1) noise rock band with better dissonance riffs than this

>haha you can't just scream throughput the whole of an album, how could people possibly relate to that?
>what do you mean people have had hardships?
>what do you mean these same people want to relate to their music?
>everybody knows only the major, happy scales produce legitimate music.
>i am still convinced in my preconceptions.
i am OP

THIS SO MUCH THIS

Attached: 1538237967181.jpg (960x492, 56K)

People who actually have hardships listen to anything but metal you fucking tard

rolling for trad or sludge

this. people who suffer crave beauty and feeling, not edgy shit.

>crave beauty and feeling
>real problems
OH NO OH NO OH NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

this

>have hardships
>listen to people screaming over some SICC RIFFS DUDE
Fuck off

>have hardships
>not listening to based screams over based riffs
what a queer

Trad heavy, melodeath, doom, black metal can be very beautiful though

I mean I don't even have to say anything to that

Attached: IMG_20190804_013619.jpg (916x622, 83K)

Depends entirely on your definition of beautiful

I know you've never listened to any of it but give it a try
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTTkcM5QJQ

>No lyrics
>just SICC RIFFS DUDE
Truly this speaks to my worldly woes, nothing wrong with this but seriously, this just confirms that no metal vocalists speak beautifully or with any sort of intelligence

>Metalfags think "Power Chords" are real chords

Attached: f76eec46d24ec2f0566660098eb524165cb1681eaaebf9b488e7d764107fb957.gif (540x540, 1.21M)

>actually needing lyrics
Confirmed pleb. It's blatantly obvious music is nothing more than a social accessory to you.

roll

Uhhhhhh ok?

>caring for lyrics
based teenager

youtube.com/watch?v=GRxofEmo3HA
ummm wtf no lyrics? How can anyone resonate emotionally with this stuff wtf classicalfags can't speak with any intelligence

based metalhead BTFO

ha roll

this but unironically

>strawman
K metalfag

Which part of this is strawman? Your entire complaint was "no lyrics" and "just riffs". This is your standard of judgment applied outside metal. It's in no way a strawman. You're legitimately this retarded.

roll

OP is officially confirmed either numale or nigger/mutt

Attached: 4E4GMP5.png (625x626, 16K)

t. manlet or 300 pound pig
No in-between

lets see here

>I realize that music with lyrics is infinitely more emotive than my metal, so I'll post "based" music without lyrics to prove my point!
What's next? Gonna post music with bad lyrics to counteract my point? You're fucking pathetic

metal is based

you're literally retarded lol

my money's on nigger

>>I realize that music with lyrics is infinitely more emotive
Lyrics are tertiary to music and are only of significance to those whom music is of tertiary interest. The fact that you are so opposed to riffs (which are also a focal point of much classical music) while being so hung up on lyrics is blatant proof that you don't know shit about nor care for actual music. Your opinion is based entirely in ignorance and is completely worthless.

Attached: bait-to-pierce-the-heavens.png (1300x1500, 138K)

Do you enjoy getting TROLLED?

Rolling

Rolling

What’s up with that grammar, boe?
I mean, it’s kind of a low hanging fruit but holy shit.
How about you lurk for some English courses instead of embarrassing yourself with these shitty bait threads on Yea Forums?

They are if you add an octave.

Winter listens to metal?

What's a "boe"?

So you're saying all lyrics are second only to instrumentals because metal's lyrics are? What a delusional opinion,
>riffs (which are also a focal point of much classical music)
I don't remember any classical music having a fucking guitar solo, at least learn your music terms better you retarded neonate
And riffs are fine in general, but to say the music is "beautiful" and "emotional" and "speaks to a person with hardships" is just fucking stupid.

Touched a nerve

Trips don't matter when you're a fucking retard
Actually based dubs

>So you're saying all lyrics are second only to instrumentals because metal's lyrics are
No, I'm saying all lyrics are ireelevant because all art music is based around compositional and instrumental fidelity. See classical and jazz.
I don't remember any classical music having a fucking guitar solo
Riffs have nothing to do with guitars. You telling anyone to learn terminology is peak irony.
>riff
>noun
>an ostinato phrase (as in jazz) typically supporting a solo improvisation
>also : a piece based on such a phrase
>In music, an ostinato [ostiˈnaːto] (derived from Italian: stubborn, compare English, from Latin: 'obstinate') is a motif or phrase that persistently repeats in the same musical voice, frequently in the same pitch. Well-known ostinato-based pieces include both classical compositions such as Ravel's Boléro and the Carol of the Bells, and popular songs such as Donna Summer and Giorgio Moroder's "I Feel Love" (1977)

Vivaldi's for seaasons is based heavilu around various focal riffs.

>See classical and jazz.
Classical and jazz both have lyrics in a number of the most famous works in both genres

Vocal jazz is not art music.

Sounds like an opening to an infomercial

Why does any group of people seethe at any type of music?
Because the average internet user has the mental capacity of a teenager (probably because that’s what most of them are) and cannot cope with the fact that someone likes something they personally dislike :)

My retarded way of spelling "boy" in an attempt to be funny. Gimme a break, I don’t have a dick.

I don’t, generally speaking.

Why not?

Roll

Because that's just the way it is.

If you can't explain it, then it's not true.

Try again

TF IS ART MUSIC

This shit made me fucking wheeze

You shouldn't be on a music board f you don't know anything about music

Vocal jazz is popular music, whereah instrumental jazz is art music. Be mad at how it is all you want, that's how it works.

l2google retard

Circular logic.

Try one more time. You seem to have trouble answering a simple question. Why is that?

>doesn't know what a riff is
>doesn't know what art music is
Just give up dude, you already lost.

roll m8,000

Winter, not saying this because you don't have a penis, but you're a tolerable namefag.

>doesn't understand
>Circular logic!!!!
Read a book retard

rolll

It's not circular logic, it's called caregorisation you tard.
>"Art music" is mostly used to refer to music descending from the tradition of Western classical music. Authors associated with the critical musicology movement and popular music studies, such as Philip Tagg, tend to reject the elitism associated with art music; he refers to it as one of an "axiomatic triangle consisting of 'folk', 'art' and 'popular' musics".[6] He explains that each of these three is distinguishable from the others according to certain criteria.[6] According to Bruno Nettl, "Western classical music" may also be synonymous with "art music", "canonic music", "cultivated music", "serious music", as well as the more flippantly used "real music" and "normal music".[1] Musician Catherine Schmidt-Jones defines art music as "a music which requires significantly more work by the listener to fully appreciate than is typical of popular music". In her view, "[t]his can include the more challenging types of jazz and rock music, as well as Classical".[7]
Instrumental, sophisticated jazz falls under the category. Populat jazz doesn't.

>tolerable namefag
Literally no such thing, just because he supports your point doesn't mean he's any less of a faggot

Hmm

Ooops, it doesn't mention anything about being without lyrics or instrumental

Try again
Not an argument

>Literally no such thing
But there is, ever heard of the name "Winter" ?

Ok, my bad.
It just kinda seemed redundant at first.
‘Cause you know how MUSIC is a form of ART in and of itself. Saying "art music" is like saying "art art". Or I don’t know, I can’t think of a better example r/n.
But now I know the definition of art music, so thanks.

I know what a riff is?
When’d I say something about riffs?

Hope we’ll meet at the next Yea Forumscon?
Also when is that??
Did I just make that up?
I don’t know

and?

This thread is devolving rapidly. Let's make fun of the metal people, shall we?

Attached: 1564871173809.jpg (600x400, 38K)

Your average metal fan: homosexual.

Attached: priest-leather-gay.jpg (630x602, 142K)

>‘Cause you know how MUSIC is a form of ART in and of itself. Saying "art music" is like saying "art art". Or I don’t know, I can’t think of a better example r/n.
>But now I know the definition of art music, so thanks.
That user was using Phillip Tagg's musical classifications, which falls into three categories: art music, pop music and folk music.

Yo if people were willing to come to Finland, I’d gladly host a convention

Skynet doesn’t approve of this post

This may very well be the first time I’ve ever learned something new on this board

The metal subhuman: uncoordinated.

Attached: 1563197315164.webm (480x480, 2.73M)

Metal music is just fun, man. That’s all it’s about.

Metal?
Gay.

Attached: Manowar.jpg (809x554, 72K)

Now you’ve crossed the line

>Finland
I wish, then you could show me all the great finnish lakes perhaps?

This has to be bait, right? No one could possibly be this retarded, right? If this is bait, it's good quality.

gay

Attached: gay.jpg (670x443, 101K)

Based
Delusional and retarded

obese

Attached: black-metal-fans2.jpg (600x453, 45K)

>taking the bait this hard

If you're such a stupid tastelet you think this is bait then yes, it's bait and you're retarded

frustrated

Attached: guy-wanks-at-computer-metal-posters.jpg (1599x1194, 228K)

degenerate

Attached: 1564779406023.jpg (1242x1231, 846K)

>What?! People don't cope with hardships the same way I do? FUKKIN RETARG, KYS
Bait or not, this whole thread reeks insecurities

Attached: listen fucko.jpg (960x656, 39K)

circlejerking

Attached: 1117052545.png (500x282, 119K)

>posting pictures while samefagging

You are trying too hard man.Let it go.

If your 'coping with hardships' means waking up your neighbors with shit music and screaming then I'm glad he thinks otherwise

cringe

Attached: nerd-edgemaster-cradle-of-filth.jpg (900x900, 90K)

>This may very well be the first time I’ve ever learned something new on this board
As I said, you probably shouldn't be posting on a music board if you don't know anything about music

So according to Tagg, all music goes into one of the three categories, often by intent.
Folk music should be obvious -- indigenous people's music, based on tradition, passed from generation to generation.
Art music would be music created for purely intellectual or scholarly purposes. Often communicated through written form.
Pop music would essentially be everything else, usually reliant on trends and is a commodity.

user was trying to confuse the situation by claiming that only instrumental jazz or classical is art music, which is not correct; the existence of lyrics in a piece is not what makes something art music or not, but the intention of the piece itself. Furthermore, almost all jazz is popular music anyways, not art music. Just as well, the art music like the Carmina Burana has lyrics. Or probably one of the most famous experimental pieces--surely considered art music--I Am Sitting In a Room, is literally nothing but lyrics.

roll

>can't put the effort of drawing a brainlet meme for you
>wrote gay rant instead

rowl

Rolling

Unironically fucking based

Based
Maladjusted

Attached: 14146999127517.jpg (788x685, 52K)

is that Stevie T?

>he keeps samefagging
I genuinely feel bad for you.

Wasn't even my image lmao
I care so little about metalhead's opinions I copied someone else's rant, and all you can do is point it out and call it gay, how pathetic

Attached: 1561912171822.jpg (316x410, 34K)

Based childloving Karl

>he keeps being a retard
I feel worse because of you.

So this is how this is gonna be.Certainly not in the mood to talk to a samefag posting bait.Farewell user.

Ok boomer, that argument is equal to saying it's just noise. Such argument is not welcome on a fucking music board, sadly. Go the fuck back to your shantytown, pleb.

This is the dumbest thing i've ever read. Jesus christ

I love noise music and I say metal is just noise
At least noise has direction and texture, metal only has that when the genre specifies that it does

>I care so little about metalhead's opinions!!1
>proceeds to fucking rant on a fucking Yea Forums board looking for everyone's approval
Nice try, fag. Don't try to refute my point, we all know what you are doing.
Oh, and posting you anime faggotry just makes everyone understand how insanely retarded you are.

I only know a couple of them by name.
I’d rather hang out somewhere downtown than travel across the entire country just to look at a bunch of puddles. How zoomer of me, I know. It’s just that I’m pretty anxious about leaving the house in general, so hiking is out of the question for me.

What’s with the gatekeeping? You seem like an educated person, shouldn’t you know better? I genuinely value the information people share with me as long as they’re not being total assholes about it.

This user gets it.

Well that's simply because you haven't listened to enough metal music. You can't just say an entire genre lacks texture but then say that it can have some in some specific genres, that's contradictory. Btw, if you actually like noise music, you should probably understand that the ''it's just noise'' argument only makes sense to ignorant people.

>What’s with the gatekeeping?
What gatekeeping? Didn't I just explain to you Tagg?

Still greentexting me? Ouch dude you really don't know when to quit, you should see a therapist or something to deal with your massive amounts of insecurities and a complete lack of initiative or intelligence to change them

Hanging out in town is fine too. Finland has such cozy looking towns.

Yeah, most metal sucks ass since it's just some spaz trying to have sex with a drum set/guitar and a schizo on the microphone screaming about his mommy or somethin. I like Sabaton though.

Good try, wasn't the same user. I see that you felt cornered, eh? Like a poor little feline.

>Well that's simply because you haven't listened to enough metal music.
And I really don't intend to, problem?
>You can't just say an entire genre lacks texture but then say that it can have some in some specific genres
Yes I fucking can lmao, Rock doesn't have textures like Post-rock does, Jazz isn't improvised like Free Improvised Jazz is, ect.
>if you actually like noise music, you should probably understand that the ''it's just noise'' argument only makes sense to ignorant people.
So, you.
Are you so ignorant that it makes more sense than you can handle you fucking tard?

Metal is masculine it's for edgy boomers

i hate non-metalheads so much

>I like Sabaton though.

Attached: 1564943964614.png (454x520, 6K)

>don't try to refute my point
Oh, you spoke so incoherently that I misunderstood you, obviously that's my problem not yours.

Attached: daigo.jpg (345x354, 20K)

See:

>And I really don't intend to, problem?
Why are you on the defensive? lmao
>Yes I fucking can lmao, Rock doesn't have textures like Post-rock does, Jazz isn't improvised like Free Improvised Jazz is, ect.
Well, if you say that post-rock has a lot of texture, than you indirectly say that rock also does, because it's a SUB-GENRE, meaning a genre inside a genre, retard. While some sub-genres may have more, the overarching genre can retain these qualities.
>So, you.
Are you so ignorant that it makes more sense than you can handle you fucking tard?
That bit made absolutely no sense to me, if the noise argument doesn't make sense to me, wouldn't that make me not ignorant? It doesn't make ''more sense than I can handle'' it just doesn't make ANY sense.

You did, it’s just that...

>As I said, you probably shouldn't be posting on a music board if you don't know anything about music

sounds a bit disheartening.
Still, thanks for going out of your way and explaining all this stuff to my dumb ass

Attached: 60AAE224-A1EE-489A-A017-B65678A03E2B.jpg (960x720, 164K)

I see that the little guy is trying to turn the tables by saying that ''the only reason I looked like a retard is because I couldn't comprehend basic English''. Again, good try

unf

ROLLAN

booty poppin' crystal champ'
pussy tighta than a clamp
booty booty i'm so rich
watch me while i smack a bitch

Almost forgot:
THE BLOODHOUND GANG CHALLENGE IS OVER

Not making a stand-alone thread out of this. Still very proud of myself

Attached: 4AC5EF17-7E14-4AAB-AFA1-B4B11E4BF8CA.jpg (484x1037, 143K)

If things ever get too unbearable in the us (which it's getting there) living in a place like Finland or Iceland sounds lovely. I would go hiking every day in the forests.

roll

We can keep in touch through Last.fm in case you decide to move, what’s your tag?

rol

>Making awful guitar riff, screaming, moaning, trying so hard to be edgy doesn't make an actual enjoyable
You just described most Black Metal. I would actually agree with that. Never found one pure black metal band that I didn't think was garbage. Literally just edgy lyrics just to be edgy, homosexual face paint and some of the worst forced vocals I have ever heard. It doesn't fucking help that most of them obviously use drum machines, anytime I hear that the album immediately is going in the garbage. The only time black metal is good is when it's heavily mixed with other better genres or extremely experimental to the point were it really can't be called black metal anymore.

Attached: Murmuure.jpg (600x600, 79K)

make an actual reasonable claim worth responding to first

Attached: 1552440432205.jpg (500x373, 48K)

I meet low effort with low effort, seems you do the exact same

This thread is devolving rapidly. Let's make fun of the soiboy people who hates metal and browses Yea Forums, shall we?

Attached: numale.jpg (274x184, 10K)

Rollio embrollio

Rolling in the deep

It actually is very cathartic. Millions of people listen to it

Have you been to a single metal show in your life?

rolling

dude, wtf? no sus2 major7 add9? must not be music

metal is a rhythmic genre, retard

>metal is a rhythmic genre, retard
That involves doing arpeggios over the pentatonic scale really fast?

Attached: 8083.jpg (640x585, 73K)

not arguing with your post but there were two whole classical traditions based around the libretto (text/story), the opera and cantata

>I like Metallica though.
ftfy

sometimes

as opposed to the “rhythmic” you probably listen to that strikes an open G chord once per measureb

>And I really don't intend to, problem?

Attached: whyarewehere.jpg (307x360, 23K)

>Never found one pure black metal band that I didn't think was garbage.
Even Enslaved?

>fucking stale 2016 meme

no surprise you’re such a pleb

anyways, enjoy youtu.be/SOpwdyrDOUo

that's definitely punk

All modern popular music is not art per se, but commodity. Dumb user.

all music and art is fucking bullshit, everything in life is really when we're all just heading for the fucking grave. so fuck whatever you think is good art too, it's just as useless as metal or anything else

You might be on the road to the grave but I'm on a HIGHWAY TO HELL!

Attached: 1564811665386.gif (500x500, 97K)

youtube.com/watch?v=OyYnstGB3rM

Rall

youtube.com/watch?v=NX1YmWNPX4g

Nice but this isn't metal and I like noise
My point still stands

Too bad pits, moshing and such started in Punk scene.

rope

Based

Whatever zoomer

>tfw an obvious troll thread gets fucking 198 replies
Oh I see what's bumping it

It's way more zoomer to like metal you retard
>I like it cause it's edgy
>I like it cause big bro does
>I like it cause dad does
>I like it cause my mean stepdad doesn't
Edgy zoomer bullshit genre

>Opinion I don't like
>Obviously trolling, how could anyone disagree with me?
Fucking end yourself

roll

all these posts are me by the way

Attached: le_smug_voldemort.png (429x398, 8K)

this

based

this thread was a lesson on trolling
I'm impressed, OP

Rollio

huh

Rolling, hoping for anything really.

Saged

Not gonna lie, this guy has the style nailed.

that's really metal of you

rol

Did you listen to all of them?

Try to play a guitar solo and see your wittle little fingies get hurt you pussy.

roland

>guitar solo
>like 3 power chords played again and again
Sure faggot I'll do it right now
>BRNROWOWWWW GRRCHHHHHHHHH TRINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
There happy? My fingers feel like I finished fingering your mom, easy as fuck

Thanks for this

youtube.com/watch?v=mS8LvHT_zcQ

Attached: second life.jpg (1253x652, 39K)

r

youtube.com/watch?v=xVU6o7xg_Lo

Attached: Sucka.jpg (158x357, 10K)

Best song of the album.

>implying metalfags aren't the worst basedcucks

indieheads and metalfags are both the worst of onions-culture

>‘Cause you know how MUSIC is a form of ART in and of itself. Saying "art music" is like saying "art art".
Not all cultural product is art.

Just gonna leave this here and laugh at OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGT6MKrDJy4

>Using classical music makes your music just as good
Why are metalfags consistently such fucking retards?

Attached: 1562138661874.png (500x677, 158K)

Name one(1) other genre that has ANY direct inspiration from classical music. Classical music is heavily used in metal and many metal fans are avid Classical fans.

Many, shitloads of metal players are classically trained, many of which even delve in both genres.

Jazz
/thread

Wrong. Jazz is well made but it diverts heavily from the scales and harmonics used in classical.

dore dore ~

rrrrrrrollllll

>Implying metal inspired by classical sounds any more like classical/has any of the same scales
Why are metalfags consistently such fucking retards? Also I said /thread faggot

>Metalfags will never know the beauty that are 7 chords

Attached: 4a0c97157df466552a2a9e736e39a948973e32b0d37b7905a27a214a1b37670d.png (1280x1280, 152K)

>It's like classic music. That means it's good!

Attached: 1568335369954.jpg (640x591, 49K)

Literal transcriptions of the partitures, you uncultured dipshit

I bet you listen to fucking indie music. Can any of your favorite artists play these songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68

youtube.com/watch?v=NryhTrYPgZs

youtube.com/watch?v=m8cVemmIxZc

youtube.com/watch?v=bWbxctjPM2I

youtube.com/watch?v=BHANdi0IbPY

youtube.com/watch?v=YG--MK7VD-c

youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_if0NJMwo

youtube.com/watch?v=Il7YdopR_Y4

And these are just the examples that I can think of top of my head.

It requires actual skill to play these pieces, regardless of the instrument.

>Projection 101
>also it doesn't make you any masculine, cool or intimidating neither.

When will faggots like OP fianally wrap it around their condescending cum brains. It's not for your ilk, it will never be for you, your not welcome, it will Never go away.

ROLLING

Boy

>I bet you listen to fucking indie music
Alright since you're going to assume, then yes I do, lets think of the most "pussy" band to a metalhead, how about The Smiths?
Johnny Marr could play literally all of those riffs, and I do not kid.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj5hrcsR0IU
None of these guitarists have the precision/hand eye coordination to make actual music, let alone physically concentrate with music that loud live, mistakes are hidden by pedals and effects, the loud screaming of the vocalist and simple chord structures that only require speed to look impressive, anything added on is not done live and is only for show.
/thread, again

based

Demonstrate that twat playing something classical then.

Here. Claim it's the 'distortion' making his mistakes not sound at all:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvMKsgVBzMo

Well said. I got big into music because as an angsty teen I needed something that made me """different""" so I went down the metal lane and ended up listening to black metal mostly. The older I get the less appeal there is in anything metal to me. There are a handful of bands left that I enjoy but I do because they are mostly experimental or blend it with sth else.

I respect metal for the sake of getting me into music deeper than just listening to pass time and the average metal fan despite being cringe at least supports artists he likes. As an adult you don't have any respect from me for listening to metal though.

youtu.be/5GUCqMEeaRY?t=99
Cannot get any more classical than this, if you're actually thinking of comparing Johnny to any "guitarist" in metal you're a fucking twat, they play only chords without flow or feeling, to sound >METAL DUUUDE
Unrelated note, I hate your culture, I hate your guitarists, I hate your genres, I hate you, just like every other functioning member of society, it's people like you who create behavioral sinks.

>Can't into classical music
Pic related
>they play only chords without flow or feeling, to sound

i.e. can't into skills. I didn't ask you to play fast. I asked you to play music with a high level of complexity. Not your hippy garbage.

Since you can't into music theory here is my last (You).

A good example of high skills in musical theory

youtube.com/watch?v=MshUFnfEfeA

Since you lack any musical training, here's also an explanation of JUST the time signatures used in this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=FwkcRTNMsWs

Keep being a peasant, your hatred makes me happy :)

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 81K)

>complexity
>make music goog
Well then in that case I'll give you something to chew on, Time is Over by Marateck
That is all

>Musical skills are unimportant mom, who cares if he plays better than me, what matters is that I can play with FEELIES, even though I can't into music theory

Thought that was your last (you)? If you're going to keep being a faggot, or pass yourself off as not the same user, fuck off.

Musicians with soul don't compare their skills to others to begin with. You sound like you're projecting

Ever wondered why Liszt is known and not any of the thousand asian kids that play Liszt to practice and develop carpal tunnel syndrome?

rock n ROLLLLLL baaybyyyy

>metalists are unskilled retards unable to play anything complex!
>gets proven wrong
>skill and technicality doesn't matter!
lmao based retard.

obvious bait, put more effort into it next time

which 7?

I ii iii IV V vi vii

You just can't handle all this harmonic content

roll

Rolling for Imagine Dragons, my favorite metal band.

Rerolling cause I got a shitty album

ROLLO

rollin

>an art.
Please go be brown somewhere else.

>metal
retard

Rolling to piss off the haters

True

BASED

Yea Forums is subhuman

BASED

Roll

I know what 7ths, 9ths, 11ths / 13the are you dumb faggot, I have a Berkeley music education

Not all music has to have complex harmony to be enjoyable, different genres have different appeals. Metal is primarily a rhythmic genre, as I already had to fucking explain to you.

>I know music theory so my music's good!
Why are metalfags consistently such fucking retards?

roll

roll

Attached: 1567226707639.jpg (560x536, 43K)

Riggedy-Roll

youtube.com/watch?v=x7ES7ueI7p0

roll

I don't hate metal mut ive never liked it much either. I think it has to do with me using music as a conduit for emotion or to experience interesting sounds. And any genre grounded in using the same guitar tone and LARPing (not meaning to be insulting here) is inherently not interesting to me.

I guess I still like punk and noise rock because they attempt too convey normal human emotions/experiences.

Based

>putting fucking Dream Theater up against Bert Jansch

That’s not the point. Nice reading comprehension, retard.

role

LET'S FUCKING ROLL

rolling

rerolling for something that isn't fucking gay

rape

Yeah, this is much better.

let us rol

Bert Jansch had influence, but Petrucci's skills are superior.

It's a fact

>please notice me! I have been neglected by my wife while she is being nigger erected my the bull!!11! Please I don't actually hate metal! I just want you guys to know that I exist!

Attached: 1.png (567x680, 415K)