“Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it...

>“Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said: ‘Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.’”
>In the interim, Jones called English jazz drummer Ronnie Verrell into the studio.
“Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up.
>Ringo comes back and says: ‘George [Martin], can you play it back for me one more time?’
>“So George did, and Ringo says: ‘That didn’t sound so bad.’ And I said: ‘Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.”
>”Great guy, though”.

Attached: 31825D86-0EAF-4DAC-BBD9-374D99538B32.jpg (1175x1687, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIR6AAjEg5U
youtube.com/watch?v=HOSRf47pUvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This 'order of importance' was no accident.

Attached: white-album_gatefold_1000x500.jpg (1000x500, 47K)

not true btw

Quincy has since gone to get treatment for his drinking and apologized

Everyone knows that the Beatles weren’t very good technical musicians. What made them amazing was their unparalleled songwriting ability

>unparalleled
Not even as good as The Kinks or The Who, let alone American bands like The Velvet Underground or Jefferson Airplane who were making music in a completely different league. They were popular because of marketing.

This. Quincy is a well-known bullshitter.

Velvet Underground were using baby chords for their music.

Paul McCartney alone was more talented than all of these bands you cited.

Attached: D1A6849D-C1F2-4D58-A8F5-7DC900D7F0C8-13628-00001358E965FC3F.jpg (554x554, 21K)

based and scruffi pilled

Still better than The Beatles.
Stop posting, grandma.

>muh chords
Way to prove you know nothing about music. Imagine thinking The Beatles music is more interesting than Sister Ray or Venus in Furs. Are you stupid or just ignorant?

>grandma lol xD
Come back when TVU or Kinks write a better song than Yesterday, Hey Jude, Let it be or helter Skelter.

>NANANANANANANANANANANA
Truly the pinnacle of songwriting.
Anything on Arthur is better than all three of those songs.

>Imagine thinking The Beatles music is more interesting than Sister Ray or Venus in Furs
The Beatles is once you learn theory.

Hey Jude makes niggas cry. Your fag bands don’t do shit.

>hey Jude = nananana
Heard the song first. It's melody is perfect, and it's one of the reasons why McCartney is the greatest songwriter of all time, and your shitty B-tier pop bands don't come close.

I know theory. Looks like you're factually incorrect.
Soi pussies like yourself are probably crying all the time. Explains why you like effeminate pop music like The Beatles.

>B-tier pop bands
I don't listen to pop music, like The Beatles. Do you not know the difference between pop and rock music? Typical ignorant Beatles fans who hate good music.

So not only do you consider The Beatles to be the best band ever, you consider TVU and Jefferson Airplane fag music? Honest question, why are you even on this board? I can understand preferring The Beatles, but just shitting on great bands makes you look ignorant as fuck.

Never happened.
Ringo actually messed up the least out of any of them. He's great.

>ignored all my Hey Jude argument and focused on a minor detail
Glad that you assumed you're wrong.

What argument? That the basic ass nursery rhyme melody in Hey Jude is "perfect?" That's not an argument, it's a delusional quality judgment based on nothing.

People who dont like the Beatles need to go back in a time machine to the 1960s in England and see how much great music there was floating about... oh wait.

>writes the greatest pop songs of all time
>makes musically illiterate retards seethe
He's so fucking based.

Attached: 02AAA725-8028-4474-A6D0-DC782BAEC103-2417-000002D7F89D75FB.jpg (478x641, 54K)

Airplane are fine.
But TVU and their retarded fuckboi fans are the worst.

>Imagine thinking The Beatles music is more interesting than Sister Ray or Venus in Furs
Imagine creating an insufficient linear curve of 'more' and 'less' interesting. Are you stupid or just ignorant?

I don't have to, I live in the USA where there was already good music.
Not an argument.

Like The Beatles fans who started this argument by saying they were "unparalleled songwriters?"

No faggot. None of those bands made albums where individual songs inspired entire genres of music. As great as those bands are, they stuck to their own genre.

>t-they did it first!!
Go back to school.

But just “When I’m 64” is 10x more interesting than any of those songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=nIR6AAjEg5U

Bothers TVU and Jeff. Airplane are overrated to high hell. At least pick an actually great band

So long as they were -for him- the statement is perfectly true. You were the moron who for some reason couldn't handle others' opinions.

I am sorry but liking the playful, intricate harmonies of In My Life is as much of an arbitrary and subjective choice as loving the droning sound of Venus in Furs. Grow up.

>Jefferson Airplane and TVU didn't inspire whole genres of music
You are a moron, and The Beatles invented nothing.
>granny song of Paul LARPing as a vaudeville songwriter

Because they are.

They're great, and you hate good music.

The mere fact that the Beatles could go from symphonic pop, to psychedelia to vaudeville shows that they were unrivaled in diversity and ability to make excellent pop tunes out of anything. The only other band with that diversity was The Clash, and they came a decade later.

Eh, Airplane is normie tier psychedelic. Riki, or bulbous creation or other garage bands outshine them in unique-ness and sound. And UVM was good, but weren’t as special as some make them out to be.

The Kinks played music in all those genres, and better.

>Airplane is normie tier psychedelic
Listen to After Bathing at Baxter's, then come tell me that.

>None of those bands made albums where individual songs inspired entire genres of music.
That isnt a qualifier for quality music. If you think something is good because its popular, then you're the problem in the music world.

I think The Beatles did some interesting records, like SFF, Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said, that innovated when it comes to what pop music offered at that time.
Surely they were not as radical with experiments as The Velvets (mainly because of Paul's deep attachment to pop music), nor as constantly catchy as The Kinks (mostly because of John's and George's respective minor experiments with their own songwriting), but I think they were greatly balanced because of this duality.
She Said She Said, although structurally innovative by pop music's standards(at that time), is also catchy; TNK, although sonically innovative by pop music's standards, remains also catchy.
I think that their greatest merit was blending pop and experiments on a very enjoyable way, but this costs a price, that they will never completely please the ones who prefer the end of both spectrums - too experimental or too enjoyable.

The kinks are boring as shit and lack the instrumental and vocal range that the Beatles had.

It might not make their music better than any other, but it does make them great or than any other. Do you think people would copy them if their music wasn’t worth copying? How many bands, even popular ones, can inspire that much. Only the Beatles and arguably the Ramones and Black Sabbath did that.

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE

YELLOW SUBMARINE

YELLOW SUBMARINE

>Do you think people would copy them if their music wasn’t worth copying?
They did so because they wanted to make money , and not because the Beatles produced superb music. This is the degredation of music itself. This greed is why music is garbage. Average IQ twats, which are the majority, and thus posses the bulk of spending money, dont know what good music is. So, copy a shitty but successful band, and youll be even shittier but have a higher chance of success.

IN THE TOWN WHERE I WAS BORN,
LIVED A MA-A-AN WHO SAILED TO SEA.
AND HE TOLD US OF HIS LIFE,
IN THE LA-A-AND OF SUBERMINES!

>great or than

>Because bands are started only for money and fame and not for fun or artistic passion
Okay brainlet

>musically illiterate retards
Yeah, they're one of the most popular bands ever because they're for super literate musicians with giant giga brains. Beyonce must have very complex music too!

>Yesterday
Pale Blue Eyes
>Hey Jude
Oh Sweet Nuthin
>Let It Be
Candy Says
>Helter Skelter
White Light/White Heat (both the song and the entire album)

Cope with the fact that Sir Macca is more talented than your favorite band.

Attached: 86B4C9EB-6B2A-47F3-AF6D-8023C386C824-5892-000004B8C68C2236.jpg (471x652, 32K)

This is a bullshit story. Does this song sound like it has anything in it that a drummer like Ringo couldn't play? What part would Quincy be referring to? It's a slow shuffle -- Ringo's forte.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOSRf47pUvU

The Velvet Underground is only not shit when Nico was singer.

>memespeak
You lost the argument for yourself. No need to continue.

Thats not what I said, brainlet. You're getting almost close to formulating a quality thought, though. Keep trying.

But it is though. You tried to argue that the reason why the Beatles were influential was not because of the fact that they made a wide range of diverse and excellent music, but instead because they were popular. Which is fucking retarded since people who make bands don’t do it just to make money, they play music they love, which was the Beatles because they were an amazing band zoomed tranny

>people dont form bands to make money
HOLY fuck. We're done here. You're a lost caught.

>because they were popular
That is why they were influential. It's certainly not because they were innovative. George Martin was, but that's really beside the point.

I Want to Hold Your Hand is more interesting than Sister Ray and Venus In Furs.
I love TVU though not saying they are bad, far from it.

Bands start because teenagers like music and make their own. Only sometimes do record labels make bands for profit, 9/10 bands start because of earnest love for music.

Taylor Swift and Niki Manaj were popular, but fuck all people outside of record corporate bands actually were influenced by them. Being popular does extend the reach of your music, but it was its shear quality that led people to imitate it.

It's over for Ringo

Attached: ringo-starr.jpg (970x509, 85K)

Dude chill the fuck out. Nobody cares about your opinion.

>I Want to Hold Your Hand is more interesting than Sister Ray and Venus In Furs
You're a retard.

And what makes you think they want to hear your opinion?

You need to go take a hot shower. I dont know why youre getting so upset over something so insignificant.

>why are discussing of this forum?
Why are you projecting my emotions?

It took Ray Davies two years to come within even a mile of the Beatles' songwriting, and by then they were already moving on to the next phase. The Beatles were making fully self-contained original albums while their contemporaries were still glorified cover bands.

It's just something they tell themselves because they feel like they are too good to like the Beatles.

Face to Face > Revolver
I do like The Beatles. That's the real joke of it. They're nowhere near being one of the best bands of their era, though.

in the same interview
>Jones also claimed to know the identity of JFK’s killer (Chicago mobster Sam Giancana: “We shouldn’t talk about this publicly”) and to have briefly dated Ivanka Trump 12 years ago: “She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though!” Later in the interview, Jones called Trump senior “a fucking idiot”.

judge for yourself idiot

>ater in the interview, Jones called Trump senior “a fucking idiot”.
So he wasn't completely wrong...

Duse you dont know how to argue.
BASED

He also adores Jacob Collier

>being so brainwashed by msm that you hate trump's dad

Right, it's mirroring "John Paul George and Ringo" which is literally the only good way to say all four of their names out loud.

>Not as good as The Kinks
No one is impressed that you pretend to like these guys

Attached: DE0FED4F-AB29-4310-9A30-27E6B092A68B.jpg (310x214, 13K)

what about George Paul John and Ringo

The transition between George and Paul is not as elegant as saying "George and", where the end of George flows right into the next word.

John was more important in the early days. But Sgt Pepper was Paul carrying the band, not to mention projects like Abbey Road and Let it Be

Doesn't work because "George" takes too long to pronounce and isn't as direct as John. The correct order leaves the 2 more indirect names last.

cool story boomer

I've been had

>Ringo Starr is a shit drummer
Wow shocking news.

>Face to Face > Revolver
This isnt an opinion any actual person holds

I like velvet underground but
>sucking on my ding dong
is not great writing.

10 years ago this board shit on the beatles for being overrated pop musicians who could barely play their instruments, if you needed any more evidence that this site is just anonymous reddit now look to all the beatles dicksuckers.
>The fact that so many...
this website is dead

This. You could also shit on Brian Wilson for being a mid-tier musician

>10 years ago this board shit on the beatles for being overrated pop musicians who could barely play their instruments
while simultaneously liking nmh and anco

beatles are maybe influential but no innovators retards

I don't see any issue here.